Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I think its a walk through tbh. Maybe a dodgy draw in Rome but all in all I think its a case of "see y'all in the last 16"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Very disappointing today I have to say. Really should have beaten Spurs. We had absolutely nothing going forward today.
    Deco and Essien dropped far too deep, especially in the second half to have any influence going forward. Joe Cole and Nicolas Anelka were completely ineffective as an attacking force. Not one decent effort on target in the second half.
    I felt we really missed Mikel today with his creativity from deep. Will be a huge player for us this year I think. Glad there is a 2 week break, Scolari has got some work today. Really think we need Robihno now and also I think Di Santo should have been brought on earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Is the deal for Little Akon more likely to go through now after that press stunt he pulled?

"The little Akon", I like it lol. It's Madrid and slimey Calderon, anything could happen. To be honest I think he'll be on a plane to London tomorrow when Kenyon throws in the extra 6 million they are looking for, which would make it 36 million, the same they paid for Robben last year. It's all about the money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Really dont understand why they want to keep him after all he has said the last 2 days.

Hopefully he will be signed tomorrow.

We definitely need someone up front, or someone in the vain of Robihno who can score from a wide position. Drogba may miss large parts of the season due to injury and I certainly feel Anelka can't carry the team on his own. Him and Joe Cole were totally ineffective today. Di Santo is unproven and I certainly wouldn't want to depend on Kalou's goal scoring ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3241973504/nm0002071

Scolari's latest signing?????

I think Real are being stubborn because the roles have been reversed on them, and this is the first time someone is trying to muscle them. Honestly, when was the last time a player left Madrid because they wanted to.

I think Real are being stubborn because the roles have been reversed on them, and this is the first time someone is trying to muscle them. Honestly, when was the last time a player left Madrid because they wanted to.

Probably Makelele I'd say. But your right, I bet this is really pissing Madrid off. Even if we don't sign him, I think its been worth it to to give Madrid a taste of their own medicine.

Probably Makelele I'd say.

Definitley not. Perez offered Makele a pittance, knowing full well that he would turn it down, and then sold him declaring that he was a nothing player. What a clown.

But it backs up my point that Real have never had their hand forced into selling a player they wanted to keep, a tactic they emplore on an almost annual basis to other teams.

• Advertisement

Hmmm very quiet here today.......

Of Course.

City showing up United while Chelsea try to talk round Madrid.

All good.

Also Drogba back in action tonight for the reserves.

3/4/5 - 0 scorelines on the way!!! :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

City put a bid in for Robinho !!!!!

:O :O

anyway .. hope we get him .. since without him we are out of the title race..

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Madrid have stated on their website "the behaviour of Chelsea officials who, despite knowing perfectly well the decision not to sell the player, have continued to make gestures and statements and have even sold the player's shirt on its official website. ... All this has done nothing but aggravate the situation and confuse public opinion."

They should report the matter to FIFA :D What a bunch of hypocrites!

Peter Buck, Peter Kenyon say they are still hopeful:confused:

Gutted:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Well we didnt get our icing on our cake this summer. Poor us. Still will be cool to see Robinho in the PL. I'm sure he'll get a nicce welcome in his debut against us.
    Did we keep Paulo after all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

CHD wrote: »
    City showing up United while Chelsea try to talk round Madrid.

Irony eh :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Gutted:(

Why? Are there not heaps more players out there that can be signed in January? The current Chelsea squad are good enough to win the league, we dont NEED to be strengthened. It would have been nice to see him at the bridge but alas its not to be, its not the end of the world though. Fair play to City I say, but if only they had signed Berb and left the brazilian for us:rolleyes:

eddiehead wrote: »
    Why? Are there not heaps more players out there that can be signed in January? The current Chelsea squad are good enough to win the league, we dont NEED to be strengthened. It would have been nice to see him at the bridge but alas its not to be, its not the end of the world though. Fair play to City I say, but if only they had signed Berb and left the brazilian for us:rolleyes:

The January transfer window isn't a time for major signings, more like panic-buys.

PHB wrote: »
    Irony eh :)
    In all fairness delighted he didn't sign.Showed he was moving for the money.

Irony FTW

jackdaw wrote: »
    City put a bid in for Robinho !!!!!

:O :O

anyway .. hope we get him .. since without him we are out of the title race..

;)
    You really don't understand football do you.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    The January transfer window isn't a time for major signings, more like panic-buys.

Well like I said, its not as if we NEED him,or anybody else for that matter, hes only one player(albeit a very good one).
    I really hope other Chelsea fans dont turn bitter over this, it'd be pretty bloody childish, we've had it all our own way in the transfer market for long enough in fairness. The last thing we should do is jump aboard the inevitable City bashing bandwagon, it would be the height of hypocracy considering the amount of abuse Chelsea had to weather for "buying" the title a few years back. Fair play to them.

LOL at Chelsea fans being bitter.We should be happy we didn't splash alot of cash on a player whos only motive for moving was a huge pay rise.

Delighted City got him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You really don't understand football do you.

I see that you have met slackjaw...

LOL at Chelsea fans being bitter.We should be happy we didn't splash alot of cash on a player whos only motive for moving was a huge pay rise.

Delighted City got him.

As opposed to splashing a lot of cash on a player whos only motive for staying was a huge pay rise?

I see that you have met slackjaw...
    lol he's gone too far this time.

Proven hes got no clue

m@cc@ wrote: »
    As opposed to splashing a lot of cash on a player whos only motive for staying was a huge pay rise?
    wat?

wat?

Lampard Id imagine

• Advertisement

Don't blame Lampard at all tbh.He was never leaving though just holding out for what he could get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

I've waited for the dust to settle before posting about last night and to be honest I am not too bothered that we never got Robinho. While he is undoubtedly a world class talent there still is a question mark about whether he could cope with the physicality of the premiership. Also as has been said it showed his motives for wanting a move were not to play for Scolari as he said but money which he has got. Gonna be a good time to be a selling club now with all the extra cash that is going to be flying about.

Good luck to City though, a real coup on their part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Mad Dog wrote: »
    I've waited for the dust to settle before posting about last night and to be honest I am not too bothered that we never got Robinho. While he is undoubtedly a world class talent there still is a question mark about whether he could cope with the physicality of the premiership. Also as has been said it showed his motives for wanting a move were not to play for Scolari as he said but money which he has got. Gonna be a good time to be a selling club now with all the extra cash that is going to be flying about.

Good luck to City though, a real coup on their part.
    That's not right. Chelsea wouldn't meet Real's asking price and Chelsea were clearly Robinho's first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Delighted City got him.

Ha! Ha! Why do you think anybody signs for Chelsea??? It's not like Chelsea are a big club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

No loss there lads, ye have a good team who just need to be managed properly. I reckon when Drogs is back we better watch our back.

Pity about Shaun Wright Phillips, he went back and scored two goals in the opening for Citeh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

SofaK wrote: »
    That's not right. Chelsea wouldn't meet Real's asking price.

Incorrect.

Real would NOT sell to Chelsea even though they did up the bid after City came in for him. Can't blame the player as he wanted to go anyway.

Fact ! !

Am I the only one who thinks we are critically short up front. I don't see Drogba being fit for a whole season. Anelka is not showing what he is capable of still, and I don't think he will either. This leaves us with Kalou and Di Santo. I don't think Kalou will be with us next year. Seldom has any end product.
    It's not that I'm gutted that we didn't get Robihno but that we didn't sign someone in the forward position. I think with injuries we will be very light up front even in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Mad Dog wrote: »
    Incorrect.

Real would NOT sell to Chelsea even though they did up the bid after City came in for him. Can't blame the player as he wanted to go anyway.

Fact ! !

Incorrect, Madrid wanted 40 million and Chelsea were not meeting their valuation.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ha! Ha! Why do you think anybody signs for Chelsea??? It's not like Chelsea are a big club!
    LOL

I don't even have to answer this your stupidity is laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

LOL

I don't even have to answer this your stupidity is laughable

Man City's model is more similar to Chelsea's than you'd think. Chelsea got big the same way as Man City. Spending alot of money to bring the right players in and that money made them make the decision to join Chelsea instead of Man United, who were definitely a bigger team at the time. Arjen Robben a definite example. However Chelsea are now established as a big team. I'd compare Chelsea before Abramovich to what City were like 2 days ago. A well supported club who did well, a little better than City, but one who could never really compete with the financial clout and big name that clubs like United had. So I'd nearly go as far to say that it'd be unfair to criticise Robinho for making that decision, because Chelsea have come down that same path not so long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I reckon when Drogs is back we better watch our back

emmm-Chelsea are ahead of Utd in the league.

I think Robinho would have been as effective as Kalou in his first season.We havn't lost out on much.Drogba is back and theres every reason he will stay fit! Anelka has just had a bad couple of games. We have Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Mikel, J.Cole, Malouda, Essien, Kalou and Di Santo theres goals all over the place there. Kalou was brilliant last year and i really think he will prove himself this year.

We managed to compete after bad injuries last year.We might be 1 striker short of the perfect squad but theres always January!

Chelsea are short of some natural flair up front. Lampard Ballack Drogba all incredibly effective players but play more of a numbers game. Deco has flair as does Joe Cole, but what Chelsea have been missing for the last 2 years is Robben or Duff in his prime, a player who goes past people, who creates space, who excites, and gets the team going.

Robinho would have been that person.

Still have an amazing squad, but I'm of the opinion the squad is suited to the CL rather than the PL.

DSB wrote: »
    Man City's model is more similar to Chelsea's than you'd think. Chelsea got big the same way as Man City. Spending alot of money to bring the right players in and that money made them make the decision to join Chelsea instead of Man United, who were definitely a bigger team at the time. Arjen Robben a definite example. However Chelsea are now established as a big team. I'd compare Chelsea before Abramovich to what City were like 2 days ago. A well supported club who did well, a little better than City, but one who could never really compete with the financial clout and big name that clubs like United had. So I'd nearly go as far to say that it'd be unfair to criticise Robinho for making that decision, because Chelsea have come down that same path not so long ago.
    Chelsea were in the top 4 before Abramovich. Think before you post!

The money helped us to win 2 titles but we were already one of the top clubs in England

The CL made a huge huge difference in terms of attracting players. Robinho is an amazing coup, but unlikely to be replicated until the CL is got.

PHB wrote: »
    Chelsea are short of some natural flair up front. Lampard Ballack Drogba all incredibly effective players but play more of a numbers game. Deco has flair as does Joe Cole, but what Chelsea have been missing for the last 2 years is Robben or Duff in his prime, a player who goes past people, who creates space, who excites, and gets the team going.

Robinho would have been that person.

Still have an amazing squad, but I'm of the opinion the squad is suited to the CL rather than the PL.
    Having players performing like Duff and Robben were for us would be amazing.Very hard to find though.Robinho could have been that person but i beleive Kalou can be aswell.

Our squad is suited to both the CL and PL imo

This definitely is an opportunity to blood some youngsters. I think Di Santo should be given a decent chance this season. He showed some good quality last year in the reserves.

On another bright note Paim seems to be settling in very well. On all accounts his touch is very good and looks very comfortable on the ball. Could be a great signing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Mr Alan wrote: »
    emmm-Chelsea are ahead of Utd in the league.

Chelsea have one game over us!!!! Chelsea may still be ahead because of goal difference....

It's only early days:D

Well get used to it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Putting Kalou in the same sentence as Robinho is worse than when Man Utd fans complain about putting Kuyt in the same sentence as Rooney.

Hahaha, is it a coincidence that both the inferior players names begin with K, and superior ones with R? =P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement