Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cant wait for the match tomorrow ! any one from here heading over too ?

I really hope we nip an early goal , I have been keeping an eye on Birmingham's games lately and they seem to grow massively in confidence the longer they go in a game without conceding .

Anelka within the first 20 mins would do nicely , think I mite even have a bet on him for 1st scorer !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Have a good one mate!

Going to have a punt on Anelka first goalscorer myself!

Johner wrote: »
    Don't think I can make Everton on the 10th February, so probably have a spare if anyone is interested.

It's in row A in the away area obviously,selling for face value £29 whatever that is in euro!

Ah stuff that I'm going now! Hull away and Everton away next for me. Probably City(h) Inter(h) and Wolves(a) then after that. better than spending my money on booze. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Well since Birmingham are the only team that we haven't scored against this season I think we need to get one early, Birmingham are a very dangerous team on the break, they break with real pace and Benitez and Jerome are a bit of a handful, defensively they are very solid so an early one is just what is needed imo.

Also I still think its between us and United if I'm being honest and in the end it will be us two fighting out top spot with Arsenal in third.

Wasnt having a go at ya Johner, just making the point that as Birminham are going so well, I'll take a scabby deflected og in injury time for 3 points!

Where can we play Zhirkov once Ashley is back cos i reckon he's too good to sit on the bench. Maybe left wing, as Malouda is so inconsistent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll take a scabby deflected og in injury time for 3 points!

Where can we play Zhirkov once Ashley is back cos i reckon he's too good to sit on the bench. Maybe left wing, as Malouda is so inconsistent?

+ 1 on the deflected goal, in the match thread I said I think we can win 3 - 0 but ill take an O.G. in the last minute. I reckon Zhirkov will be like Ivanovic, just give him so time an an opprtunity and he will prove his worth, he would be great in the diamond on the left, good with the ball at his feet and would work really well with ashley on the left covering him and attacking with him when he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!! WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif GAME IN HAND TOO!!! COME ON THE BLUES!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Table.png

Good to see United fans so happy about getting to the Carling Cup final.

Good to see United fans so happy about getting to the Carling Cup final.

It'll be the only bit of silverware they'll get all season... And that's if Villa don't snatch it from them.

Pity for Man City.

Notice how quickly the ref blew the final whistle once it was United who had the lead... Well, Who'd Have Thought it!?!?!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jayus but im only DEEEEEELIGHTED!!!

GWAN THE BLUES!!!:D:D

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Table.png
    Tis so pretty

Right so 2 wins at Burnley and Hull and United and Arsenal to draw. :D

"I'm sailing away... On an open course for the Prem Title"

-with all apologies to Styx and their fans...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Our brillant home form has yet again stood to us. I though Birginham would put up a better fight and if truth be told it could have easily been more then 3 goals went in.

With CL starting up again soon and currently still in the FA cup, we are entering one of the most important months in our season, Feburary.

With our squad all playing well in recent matches and the football being clinical, I believe Carlo has found another level in our squad, Like Hiddink and Mourihno before he seems to be able to drag that extra effort out of players through brillant management and one can only assume, excellent coaching techniquies.

I want to take this opportunity to fully congratulate Carlo and the players for this seasons performances and ability to kill teams off and put themto the sword. I think if we cankeep players injury free and get Essien back asap there will be nobody in the EPL or CL that will be able to touch us.

I hope we can wrestle back the EPL and push all the way for the CL, the FA cup would be nice to retain. One thing that hasnt been mentioned really is the treble and this year we have a fantastic chance of it.

Also on a sidenote, its good to see Utd getting to a final this year, would hate for them to have nothing to look forward to and I wouldnt begrudge them there mickey mouse cup carling cup.

come you blues, we can push it until the end and take back out trophy.

If we can keep that form for the next few weeks and claim maximum points from the next few league fixtures, we could be sitting pretty.

Arsenal's next few fixtures are unreal: including ourselves, Man U and Liverpool. Tough.

With any luck, a few stumbles amongst the chasing pack plus no slips from us and we are cruising!:D

I still think it will be between us and United. Obviously a draw between Arsenal and United would be nice but imo even though it would bring Arsenal closer to us an Arsenal win would be better than a United win.

Could be. I think Arsenal, for all the talent, lack something in the mental strength department.

If Arsenal beat United, it could prove to be very decisive. But I would still prefer a draw, tbh!

Youths playing @ 7 -v- Pompey on Chelsea TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

how will the iPad affect your Chelsea life?

• Advertisement

Youths playing @ 7 -v- Pompey on Chelsea TV

Can't wait! Winners will more than likely face Liverpool.

how will the iPad affect your Chelsea life?
    It won't tbh, how about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

It won't tbh, how about you?

yeah it wont either, I don't see why I would get one,
    have a ten inch laptop
    why would i want a ten inch ipod which i want watch shows on in bed without having to hold on to it.

If Gokhan Tore plays half as good as he did in the last round Pompey are in trouble.

Conor Clifford better be immense

Lovin the neat touches and skillz

Clifford looks hurt

• Advertisement

**** Clifford injured.

Why are we in our away jersey when we are at home?Lol.

How did that stay out ****!

Generally in underage football its up to the home side to change.Should be 1-0 up

The man is lethal!

GOAL!!

• Advertisement

Ah thats just sensational from Clifford.

Ah thats just sensational from Clifford.
    Lamps natural replacement hopefully

Bad tackle there lol.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cracking goal by Clifford ,

The team as a hole look very strong , I would a expect a few more goals here tonight.

Couple of really handy player in youths .

Beautiful move there from Chelsea, cracked it off the post , V unlucky,

Tore looks very handy , excellent feet .

Great to hear frank Lampard is in the stands, shows a brilliant support for the youths, hopefully there is a few more of the 1st team there

If anyone is thinking of heading over to the Cardiff game on the 13th , I just got my flight tickets for €72 with Aer Lingus, with the weekend thats in it ,I would book flights now as there did not seem to be many cheaper seats left .

Gokhan Tore is brilliant, not having best game so far overall though.

Game becoming a bit to open here, need a second.

Gokhan Tore is brilliant, not having best game so far overall though.

Game becoming a bit to open here, need a second.

Great save from the pompy keeper from Tore there

Oh Tore should score!

Oh Conor unlucky!

Pompeys keeper is very good.

Looks like United are heading out. :( I wanted us to play them at some stage and beat them. :)

• Advertisement

Epic bit of defending from the Chelsea defense.

Another one of the post, we should be wining by 4 or 5 here

How have we not scored again?

Marco off the post.

1-0. :D

Bit too close for comfort but good performance overall. :) Bring on Watford or Liverpool. :)

Do we think Drogba should start Saturday? Personally I don't think he should, we are playing so well I really don't think he should change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Droga and Kalou not in squad, they are wrecked from journey and Carlo doesn't want to risk injury.

Where did you see that mate? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Someone said it was on the chelsea website it was CTV last night.

Cheers, not surprised really thought Drogba might be on the bench incase but we really should have enough to beat Burnley, tough place to go(ask Man Utd ;) ) but the way we are playing we should have no problems.

Saturday will be a nice one for our boys.

Burnley are shot, they've lost their manager and they have one of the leakiest defences in the league.

I can see it being another 3-0, easily, Anelka to get on the scoresheet this time tho.

• Advertisement

Tickets for Everton away are on general sale now for anyone that wants to go and doesn't have a membership. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement