Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

For once Carlo hasn't named the team the day before, Would love to see Zhirkov get a start in midfield.
    Deco and Carvallho are being monitored, may be rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Could field a team of the youngsters tomorrow... Still win 3-0.

Can see this being the team

===========Cech===========

==Ivanovic==Alex==Terry==Cole==

==========Ballack==========

===Lampard===Cole===Malouda===

========Sturridge===Anelka=======

or something to that effect anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

DazMarz wrote: »
    Could field a team of the youngsters tomorrow... Still win 3-0.

For this alone, I hope ye get turned over. Heads up your arse much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i know, the outright arrogance is unbelievable with certain Chelsea fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think tomorrow will be a very tough game for us. Burnley have a brilliant home record and have got some excellent results at home. We SHOULD have enough to beat them but I really think there will only be a goal in it. I'm going 2-1 to us and a nervous evening hopefully I'm wrong and we turn them over 3-0 but can't see it.

As for the team I hope we line up like this,I'm hoping Deco will be ok to play as he has been very good in his holding role and I can't see him starting Matic.

Cech

--Brana---Terry----Alex
    ACole--

Deco

Lampard
    Ballack

---Cole
    Malouda--
    Anelka

Pretty much the same as Birmingham but with Alex coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

kryogen wrote: »
    i know, the outright arrogance is unbelievable with certain Chelsea fans

Fair play, lads... Manchester United fans. The most unarrogant people there is.

Just because Burnley beat youse doesnt mean we will wilt as easily....:p

Seriously tho, Burnley are going to go into an utter tailspin now that they've lost Coyle, and Chelsea have recovered a severe form; 10 goals in two league games says it all really and against one of the leakiest defences in the Prem... Can you blame me for using a bit of hyperbole?!

Against other sides, I tend to be more pragmatic, but when going up against a newly promoted and desperate side... I tend to let loose.

Oh, and well done, lads, on getting to the Carling Cup Final too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

liverpool fan here.

the utd fans are right in this instance.

ridiculous arrogance in here at times.

you'd swear it was all a foregone conclusion and you'd won the League the last 10 years running.

SlickRic wrote: »
    liverpool fan here.

the utd fans are right in this instance.

ridiculous arrogance in here at times.

you'd swear it was all a foregone conclusion and you'd won the League the last 10 years running.

:confused:

Johner wrote: »
    :confused:

not you; you seem confident in your team but fair.

certain posters at times show complete disregard for their opposition on any given week, and complete derision for this year as a title race.

apparently its a foregone conclusion.

i find it funny.

• Advertisement

Oh, forgive us, oh mighty Liverpool and Man United... We did not mean to be so arrogant or so mean.:rolleyes:

For you are such humble and gregarious fans, it is terrible to think how arrogant we are...:rolleyes:

God Almighty....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lolz at the Pool and United fans, most of the over confidence is joking about. Just read back through this thread so see us saying it even, then slap yourselves.

EDIT- League is over obv

CHD wrote: »
    lolz at the Pool and United fans, most of the over confidence is joking about. Just read back through this thread so see us saying it even, then slap yourselves.

do i read this thread often?

no.

so if that's the case, fair enough.
    Oh, forgive us, oh mighty Liverpool and Man United... We did not mean to be so arrogant or so mean.:rolleyes:

For you are such humble and gregarious fans, it is terrible to think how arrogant we are...:rolleyes:

God Almighty....

nice.

you even got 'gregarious' into a sentence.

fair play.

and nice generalising us all too, by the way.

SlickRic wrote: »
    nice.

you even got 'gregarious' into a sentence.

fair play.

and nice generalising us all too, by the way.

You bite at me, I will bite back, sunshine.

Don't go bashing all of us just cos I made one overzealously arrogant statement. Like you've never said anything like that before...

You generalise us, we'll generalise you. Quid pro quo, Clarice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im really looking forward to the Burnley game, hoping for a cracker! think we shud see them off with 2-3 goals, heres hoping.
    wouldnt half mind an aul boring nil all draw on super sunday then to round off the weekend.
    any updates on the possible lineup? the team Johner posted earlier (sorry i forgot to quote it, its back there somewhere) looks pretty solid. and imagine, not one African player in it, i think we are looking really solid lately.

long may it continue!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah should be like cat and mouse tomorrow, lets hope we don't toy with them for too long before we blast them into the championship

---smug enough for ye?

id say 7-0 tomorrow to the blues. cech will lob in a header aswell.
    no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Keep it civil girls and boys please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Nah not looking for a big 'keyboard warrior lolzzz!!' fight.

Just stating an opinion that it's reasons such as this that Chelsea are a classless club and always will be.

/opinion.
    That's cool, wana know why? Gona tell ya anyway.... You have this opinion of Chelsea because we are a threat to your dominance and you hate that. What is your opinion on Rooney and his shenanigans? Is Rio a muppet and a shining example with his elbowing of players and forgetfulness and your wonderful fans who moan about people makin aeroplane gestures and your own are making shooting gestures at Adebayor the other night .... I could keep going but I won't as it is pointless.

Chelsea Chelsea

• Advertisement

You bite at me, I will bite back, sunshine.

Don't go bashing all of us just cos I made one overzealously arrogant statement. Like you've never said anything like that before...

You generalise us, we'll generalise you. Quid pro quo, Clarice...

your becoming one of my favorite Chelsea fans

more cringe worthy with each post

bush3.jpg

That's cool, wana know why? Gona tell ya anyway.... You have this opinion of Chelsea because we are a threat to your dominance and you hate that. What is your opinion on Rooney and his shenanigans? Is Rio a muppet and a shining example with his elbowing of players and forgetfulness and your wonderful fans who moan about people makin aeroplane gestures and your own are making shooting gestures at Adebayor the other night .... I could keep going but I won't as it is pointless.

Chelsea Chelsea

why let it stop you though? most of what you say is pointless or irrelevant, it hasnt stopped you in the past

That's cool, wana know why? Gona tell ya anyway.... You have this opinion of Chelsea because we are a threat to your dominance and you hate that.

Lol. Yeah, that's why.
    What is your opinion on Rooney and his shenanigans? Is Rio a muppet and a shining example with his elbowing of players and forgetfulness and your wonderful fans who moan about people makin aeroplane gestures and your own are making shooting gestures at Adebayor the other night .... I could keep going but I won't as it is pointless.

Well to be honest, I don't moan about either side. It's not like either are going to stop anytime soon. United will always sing about Heysel, Liverpool will always sing about Munich. It's not right but it's not going to change.

Rooney and his shenanigans? Wha? Rio is actually a muppet for elbowing Fagan believe it or not. However, it is better than Terry banging his team mates wife behind his back of Lampard playing away from home.

Terry banging his team mates wife behind his back of Lampard playing away from home.

This, if true, does not make Chelsea Football Club classless.
    Well to be honest, I don't moan about either side. It's not like either are going to stop anytime soon. United will always sing about Heysel, Liverpool will always sing about Munich. It's not right but it's not going to change.

This makes clubs classless and they are all as bad as each other.
    kryogen wrote:
    why let it stop you though? most of what you say is pointless or irrelevant, it hasnt stopped you in the past
    I'm usually right, you don't like what I say because it isn't full of United bias. Understandable, chill out.

T

I'm usually right, you don't like what I say because it isn't full of United bias. Understandable, chill out.

you thinking your usually right is just more arrogance, and delusion i might add, i am quite chilled, takes a lot to get me wound up on here these days

you really know nothing about me at all if you think i care about whether people are biased toward or against united

you dont see any bias in you strangely, but thats your issue i guess

EDIT: just to add, not all Chelsea fans are classless. but some of the posters on here are ridiculously arrogant

Forget about it.

This argument is like a roundabout with no exits. We'll still be in the same spot going around and around in an hours time.

kryogen wrote: »
    you thinking your usually right is just more arrogance, and delusion i might add, i am quite chilled, takes a lot to get me wound up on here these days

you really know nothing about me at all if you think i care about whether people are biased toward or against united

you dont see any bias in you strangely, but thats your issue i guess

EDIT: just to add, not all Chelsea fans are classless. but some of the posters on here are ridiculously arrogant
    There is bias in my posts of course. I think you will find alot of what I have said about United has been right this year. I'm not saying for the laugh. This is yet another pointless discussion and T4TF will warn us no doubt. Met you in the math thread for arguments and lolz later.

EDIT 4 YOUR EDIT - Read back, its a joke. There is one or two posts every now and again that are incredibly arrogant but everyone can be guilty of that.

wont be in the math thread...em....lets say the creative writing thread? much quieter place, can probably have it to ourselves!?! :D

aye, more pointless arguing another time pal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Wow fairly lively in here tonight..... ;)

Very lively.

Haha

Always a good night when a mod has to step in and assuage things!:o

I don't think we're being overly arrogant in fairness, playing against Burnley in fairness.;)

To all rival fans: feel free to criticise me here... Internet slagging and bullying does not bother me. Beethoven had his critics too; can you name 2 of them?:D

r463764_2291277.jpg

Chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Johner wrote: »
    r463764_2291277.jpg

Chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Oh Good God, yes....................... Oh, very much Yes......

Buzzin for today! Going to to tesco to get some cans for later. Can't wait!

this may go down as bing just plain saddd in the eyes of those who read but..i got up out of the cot this morning to come into college to do the work (thats due on monday) before the match, as it would not otherwise get done tomorrow!
    iv a few mates visiting me later this evening, cans galore, its a great life!
    im sticking with my smug 7-0 victory and cech to lob in a header from a corner...(realistically id be happy with 2-0)

• Advertisement

i heard from a guy who knows a guy who was dating a girl who has a pet who gets walked by the same dog walker that walks frank lampards dog that the Chelsea team have refused to play with John Terry

The English lads dont trust him anymore and cant forgive his behaviour toward a team mate

The more religious of the rest of the squad refuse to play with him for personal reasons as they cannot forgive him for insulting God by disrespecting his wedding vows

He does have the support of Cashley Cole still however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

CHELSEA CHELSEA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I 'd say a 2-0 win today, will be tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I see Terry's affair was with Wayne Bridges partner,

at least its not a current player, should not upset the camp too much, I have no interest in any secifics of the story just glad it wasn't lampard's or something like that...

We stay top, we stay top, we stay top...

We stay top, we stay top, we stay tooooop...

Nervy performance today from all concerned.

Ashley better not be seriously injured! Need him missing now like we need a hole in the bloody head!!!

• Advertisement

_47214932_terrygoal_pa.jpg

Oh yeah!!!

Super John!!!

Nevermind the sex scandals and all that utter shíte... When it comes to football... As Ray Wilkins said before the game: "He has his footballing head on". You fúcking said it, Ray!!!:D

Damn right. :D Great stuff from super JT. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Thanks Johner managed to get 3 tickets for Everton. Worked every weekend so far this season and was hoping for a good weekday fixture.

Telgere wrote: »
    Thanks Johner managed to get 3 tickets for Everton. Worked every weekend so far this season and was hoping for a good weekday fixture.

I'm heading as well. :) Getting the boat straight into Liverpool 7 hours but I'm too lazy to sort my passport out.

Also going to Hull Tuesday cant wait!

_47215013_008650961-1.jpg

_47215014_008650983-1.jpg

:D

Any word on Ashley? I didn't like the way he limped off at all. I hope it was just a minor bruise or something.

Only thing is, Zhirkov looked fairly comfortable and capable at left-back so it might not be a complete disaster if Ashley is out for a week or two.

Nothing like celebrating a win and going 4 points clear than a night out! :)

Can't wait for Arsenal - United, can sit back and enjoy the draw. ;)

Can't wait for Hull game now! Anyone heading over?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement