Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

hmmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

No messing... We now need maximum points at Hull on Tuesday night.

Yes, Hull are struggling; this can make them dangerous and desperate to grab any and all points going.

Yes, we are flying high at the minute with a 100% month behind us; Hull nearly had a draw at Stamford Bridge on August 15th and Saturday's performance against Burnley left a lot to be desired.

Yes, Chelsea look so good at the moment; looks can sometimes be deceiving.

If we take 3 points on Tuesday night, it will be a great springboard for next weekend and Arsenal.

I reckon Chelsea should do it at Hull. Any kind of a win at all; scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 will do. Just get 3 points, to hell with the means.

I also think Drogba should be rested for Sunday; but could this be at the detriment to getting 3 points against Hull? I'm not sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Worst possible result today in my opinion.

Anything less than 3 points at Hull will be a disaster.

Yep, was the worst today, most definitely.

United playing as well as they've played all season, if not better. A thoroughly impressive performance. Rooney besting Ronaldo's goal in the Champs League semi-final last year.

Chelsea should take all 3 at Hull... But then again, Burnley should have been a walk on Saturday.

Should take nothing for granted on Tuesday. And then we might get all 3 points!

So many things to go tits up at this stage all the same...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Burnley should have been a walk on Saturday.

Not really. Feck all teams have got 3 points there. City and Arsenal drew there and United lost. It's a very good win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

DazMarz wrote: »
    Burnley should have been a walk on Saturday

Those are the sort of games where Pool could only manage a draw in last season. Grinding out results away to teams like Burnley who have been playing well at home are the sort of results that could win you the league.

I realise that Burnley have turned Turf Moor into some sort of a fortress. Going on recent form (Prior to the game Burnley were: LWLLL), and going on Chelsea's form, it was on paper a game Chelsea should have romped home. They didn't, as it turns out and it was a nervy 3 points, but nervy 3 is better than a bad 1 or even 0!

And yes, point taken... it was through drawing games like those (''should be easy'' games) last season that cost Liverpool their first Premiership Title.

Hopefully, with Chelsea winning most of 'those' games and some major ones, they'll get their 3rd Prem Title! Wigan at home on the last day of the season too: revenge for the first defeat of the season with any luck!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I see we wont be taking any chances V hull,

Drogba will be back in the starting lineup.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1952007,00.html

Deco will also be back in the starting 11, he is playing very well lately .

I see we wont be taking any chances V hull,

Drogba will be back in the starting lineup.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1952007,00.html

Deco will also be back in the starting 11, he is playing very well lately .

Drogba looks bleedin mental in that pic on that link! Haha.

I don't know if I agree fielding him tomorrow night, though. Would it not be wiser to maybe have him on the bench, so he can be put on if things go tits up rather than having him start? In light of the huge match that's on Sunday, I'd think Drogba should be given a bit of a rest, tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Drogba looks bleedin mental in that pic on that link! Haha.

I don't know if I agree fielding him tomorrow night, though. Would it not be wiser to maybe have him on the bench, so he can be put on if things go tits up rather than having him start? In light of the huge match that's on Sunday, I'd think Drogba should be given a bit of a rest, tbh...

I dont think he needs much resting , has not played a game in a while now .

He is at his physical peek and a game will get him warmed up for the big one on Sunday, worst thing that could happen on Sunday is that he is ring rusty and taking 20-25 mins to get up to speed again.

For me Sunday should be a statement of intent , l want to see us destroy them or in the words of that scottish aul fella "batter them"

I'd like to see sky revamp the red button thing on Sunday.

1-Fanzone
    2-Stats
    3-Betting
    4-Ferguson watching the game

Love to see his face when we 'batter'' them.

There saying on Chelsea chat that Terry will miss the Cardiff game to spend time the "wife" and Kids in Dubai

EDIT : Supposedly he is gone already and wont be around for the match tomorrow .

now its effecting the Club , a massive week for us .

All that traveling would prob mean he will miss the Arsenal match, I would be bloody disgusted with him if he did .

This will be in the Sun tomorrow, again I use the word Supposedly

Its still going on ,

The papers in England really like to hang there own !

104143.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

read the article there, u know what stood out most for me...

"The defiant Chelsea midfielder, who earns £170,000-a-week and paid for Vanessa to abort their baby during their affair, is insisting he has nothing to apologise for and will not stand down as England skipper."...

ahh now here lads..who writes these bleedin articles!!:D

• Advertisement

Only one Chelsea captain....

Only one England captain....

John Terry....

Just got my ticket for the cardiff match ,

The chelsea web/ticket server goes into meltdown when ever there is any sort of demand on it .

Load of rubbish, took me nearly 20 mins to get my ticket this morning !

Just got my ticket for the cardiff match ,

The chelsea web/ticket server goes into meltdown when ever there is any sort of demand on it .

Load of rubbish, took me nearly 20 mins to get my ticket this morning !
    Stop moaning ya lucky fecker! Keep your head down at that game!

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »

You have to be a bit of a moan to use the soccer forum on here , have u seen some of the rubbish been spouted on the JT thread !

You have to be a bit of a moan to use the soccer forum on here , have u seen some of the rubbish been spouted on every thread !
    Fixed you post ;)

Do you think there will be much hassle at it ?

The only game I have been at recently where there has been a bit of bother was QPR in the cup .

Was going to bring the OH with me to the game , glad I told her to go shopping instead, said I would bring her over with me , the weekend thats in it :D

Dont think I would of got away with been missing for the 14th !

Cant wait for Sundays game ! anyone from here heading over ?

Heading over on my own but would not mind meeting up for a few pints over there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

There saying on Chelsea chat that Terry will miss the Cardiff game to spend time the "wife" and Kids in Dubai

Who's wife, his own or someone elses?;)

Do you think there will be much hassle at it ?

The only game I have been at recently where there has been a bit of bother was QPR in the cup .

Was going to bring the OH with me to the game , glad I told her to go shopping instead, said I would bring her over with me , the weekend thats in it :D

Dont think I would of got away with been missing for the 14th !

Heading over on my own but would not mind meeting up for a few pints over there !
    Should be a big police presence so no not really, but the scum from each team will try! DazMarz is heading over on Sunday I think.

DazMarz is heading over on Sunday I think.

Very correct, I'm heading over on Sunday alright... Can't wait. Another 3-0 would be nice!

So yeah, pistol, if you wanna grab a few before the match or something, let me know. Drop me a PM or something.

Anyone know if tonight's game is on TV anywhere? I don't think it is...

What's a good site to stream from then? I was going up the walls on Sunday trying to watch United/Arsenal game on a streaming site... Need a better one!:D

What's a good site to stream from then? I was going up the walls on Sunday trying to watch United/Arsenal game on a streaming site... Need a better one!:D

Why are Sky showing the game at 10pm ?? I will have links an hour before the game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

It is not being broadcast in the Uk & Ireland though it is on Digitalb so lots of the pubs should have it.

redout wrote: »
    It is not being broadcast in the Uk & Ireland though it is on Digitalb so lots of the pubs should have it.

Yeah the woolshed, parnell street are showing this , I mite tip in for a bit of scram and a pint or two .

• Advertisement

Tonights game should be 3 points in the bag.

Really looking to Arsenal to muster up something next weekend because if they dont then I feel they will be out of it. Wenger not buying a striker in the transfer window was a bit dense but sure he knows what he is doing I suppose.

redout wrote: »
    Tonights game should be 3 points in the bag.

Really looking to Arsenal to muster up something next weekend because if they dont then I feel they will be out of it. Wenger not buying a striker in the transfer window was a bit dense but sure he knows what he is doing I suppose.

I would hope so , but hull seem to have a little bit of fight in them lately and were very unlucky in the first game .

With Drogba back and how well the team have been playing it should be no problems at all , but then again you never know whats going to happen , thats why I love the PL

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch5.html

or SopCast channel 39970 is a great stream , takes about 5-10 minutes to get to a level with out any jitters but its perfect now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Depressing stuff

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Terrible result. Ye Hull were decent but we lacked imagination and should definitely be beating teams in relegation. Deco crap... Joe Cole crap.... Ballack crap

Terrible result. Ye Hull were decent but we lacked imagination and should definitely be beating teams in relegation. Deco crap... Joe Cole crap.... Ballack crap

I think Ballack should of been taken off at half time and cole given a full 45 mins to try and impose on the game.

We once again need to sort out our defending from set pieces, absolute rubbish.

We were lucky not to get beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Drogba returns and we go back to our December results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Poor result tonite , would have been good to get some daylight at the top.

Drogba returns and we go back to our December results.

Anelka played more on the wings tonight and we really seemed to be lacking upfront .

Drogba was very ring rusty and out of sorts, although he was unlucky when beating the keeper to the ball to just head it over .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Deco was ok compared to Ballack and Lampard who were shocking.

We go back to the diamond and this is what happens!

Once they can muster up a good performance on Sunday against Arsenal, I'll be happy enough. Sunday has now taken on an even more crucial air to it in light of tonight's setback.

Once they can muster up a good performance on Sunday against Arsenal, I'll be happy enough. Sunday has now taken on an even more crucial air to it in light of tonight's setback.

Tell you what - if this goes down to the wire Chelsea have to go to Anfield in there penultimate game while United go to Sunderland and Arsenal to Blackburn. No prizes for guessing who has a tougher game and especially if Liverpool are still fighting it out for fourth. The penultimate game could prove crucial this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Terrible result but its over, move on and we will take 3 points Sunday and back on track another couple of days for the lads to geet it back on track.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

understandable result seeing the Sun front page today is about 5 Separate Chelsea players who have had an affair with JT and Waynes squeeze including those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    understandable result seeing the Sun front page today is about 5 Separate Chelsea players who have had an affair with JT and Waynes squeeze including those two.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The dirty f*ckers. You'd think if they were that close morale would be good, not bad.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

flahavaj wrote: »
    You'd think if they were that close morale would be good, not bad.:pac:

John Terry would not worry too much about it, he has been all over the tabloids for years. I mean LOOK at this collection of his :D

But the rest of them would not be used to having tabloids all over them and Terry could be looking at a divorce after that last one which would cost him rather a lot.

It will all blow over in a week if you will pardon the unintended pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

I wonder would it have an affect, I mean there could be a lot of anxious looks in the dressing room With Ashley being a prime suspect due to previous form. Even though it could and is most likely complete Bollix due to the reputation of the newspaper involved.
    Of course the other side of the coin could be that certain players might feel left out thinking 'how come I didn't get to shag her?' and morale may be disrupted that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Christ ye got lucky last night didnt ye?

shame Hull dont have a bit more quality up top, could have been embarassing for ye then, could easily have been 3 or 4

kryogen wrote: »
    Christ ye got lucky last night didnt ye?

shame Hull dont have a bit more quality up top, could have been embarassing for ye then, could easily have been 3 or 4
    Top of the league tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement