Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I have a feeling we will drop points tonight :( Everton are always up for a good match. Should have taken 3 points earlier in the season but for our atrocious set piece defending and Saha getting very lucky. 3 points would be a great result but I'm thinking a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I have a feeling we will drop points tonight :( Everton are always up for a good match. Should have taken 3 points earlier in the season but for our atrocious set piece defending and Saha getting very lucky. 3 points would be a great result but I'm thinking a draw.

For some reason Im thinking 3-1 to us, with the Droba opening the scoring and Everton to peg us back and for us to push on and get a 2nd and when they are chasing the game we will catch them on the counter and make it 3-1 and 3 points in the bag. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I am thinking 2-nil to Chelsea tonight with both Drogba and Anelka getting one 1

Everton are without a few players and we look strong , but know we cant be complacent . Hopefully Villa pull something big out of the bag tonight !

Really hope Anelka nips a goal as he has been poorish the last couple of games !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Poor result. I was hoping for a draw. Everton were the better team on the night in fairness. Well and truly a bogey team now. I really hope our performances on the road pickup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol United tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

United have to be loving this... They drop two points tonight... Only to switch on the TV and see Chelsea dropping three. United gain ground.

3rd April is the decider... and I cannot see United slipping up at home...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,912 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

How sh*t are Chelsea away from home this year?

astrofool wrote: »
    How sh*t are Chelsea away from home this year?

Incredibly... And have yet to travel to Old Trafford and Anfield...:eek::(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CHD wrote: »
    lol United tbh

Watching MOTD there now, LOL indeed.;)

Saha made a fool outa Terry there.

How badly injured is Cole btw anyone know?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Watching MOTD there now, LOL indeed.;)

Saha made a fool outa Terry there.

How badly injured is Cole btw anyone know?
    Saw nothing tonight, was out watching my team. What Nani do?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its United to lose now , have not seen any footage from the games but the comments on here tell me enough to say I dont want to bother watching ,another shambles of defensive display .

Disgusted , I just dont get this team , put in such a stellar defensive performance on Sunday and then crumble tonight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CHD wrote: »
    Saw nothing tonight, was out watching my team. What Nani do?

Handy. His team gained a point in the title race despite playing much of a hard away game down to ten men. All in all a good night I think. Its all on telly now.

Anyone know anything about Cole?

lol

I'm gutted at this, but very unsurprised to be honest. Happens so often with Chelsea, failing to take the initiative. Fergie must be loving it. Can't blame him either.

Both away jerseys must be cursed!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I've been to seven away games this season,

2 wins, 2 draws 3 defeats. :( Maybe I should stop going! :(

We really need to sort out are away form or its 4 in a row for United.

Also anyway got a spare for Wolves away?

Johner wrote: »
    I've been to seven away games this season,

2 wins, 2 draws 3 defeats. :( Maybe I should stop going! :(

We really need to sort out are away form or its 4 in a row for United.

You defo stop going, ffs!:D

I should go in your stead... Been to 9 this season; 8 wins (Hull (h), Sunderland (a), Fulham (a), Liverpool (h), Man Utd (h), Portsmouth (h), Sunderland (h), Arsenal (h)) and 1 draw (West Ham (a)).

So let me go if you're going!

But that was some diabolical display last night. Everton were powerful when it mattered and we paid what could turn out to be the ultimate price.

We have two incredibly crucial games coming up in our final run-in. Both away and both incredibly difficult. Man Utd in Old Trafford on April 3rd and Liverpool in Anfield in our penultimate game of the season.

If we fail to gather all 6 points there, it is most certainly good night, Vienna.

But I think that with United closing the gap to 1 point last night, they will really seize the initiative now and will become even more cool and clinical, waiting for Chelsea to slip and trip. God help us...

All the home games I've been to we have won. :D Although Hull on the first day of the season was a close one! We are brilliant at home we can beat any team at Stamford Bridge we just need to sort our away form out big time and soon! :(

Terry was awful last night. :( Hopefully the break for him at the weekend will do him good and he can come back in for Wolves.

Malouda is so frustrating, sometimes he can be just excellent then the next minute he looks like a pub team player.

Anelka missed some sitter last night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Its United to lose now , have not seen any footage from the games but the comments on here tell me enough to say I dont want to bother watching ,another shambles of defensive display .

Disgusted , I just dont get this team , put in such a stellar defensive performance on Sunday and then crumble tonight !

Uniteds to lose?! Ye are still top ffs

• Advertisement

Top by a point and still having to travel to Old Trafford and Anfield.

Mate of mine said "Ah, Liverpool will be handy." WTF?!?!? Anfield, handy?!! And with them seriously pushing to get into 4th?! Handy my hole.

And United sensing blood and weakness they'll lie in wait like wolves... The smell of blood in their nostrils... waiting... interminably waiting... and then........................

That game at Anfield has the potetnial to be huge. With Chelsea going for the legue and Liverpool fighting for 4th place this could literally be the final curtain call on both teams season.

Im hoping that we can beat Utd at OT and have at least 4 point advantage going into the last 2 games of the season. Heres hoping anyway.

Poor performance away again, if we had even half the dominance we show at home on the road we would be running away with the league. With the CL coming up I hope we dont get big injuries. With Cole limping off at least we have Zhirkov to cover there, Anelka didnt have a good game and he is in a bit of slump now, hasnt head the form he showed towards December and the start of January.

We have just been shocking to many times away from home.

Sunderland - Excellent second half won 3-1

Fulham - We were very good Drogba and Anelka setting each other up for the 2 goals won 2-0

Stoke - Last minute Malouda winner - we were fortunate to get all 3 points won 2-1

Wigan - Shocking one of the worst performances this season lost 3-1

Aston Villa - Set pieces :mad: lost 2-1

Bolton - Comfortable stuff won 4-0

Arsenal - Brilliant! 3-0

Man City - Not good enough lost 2-1

West Ham - Again we weren't great didn't deserve more than a point drew 1-1

Birmingham - Should have taken our chances, brum had a goal wrongly disallowed, we didn't play great draw was fair drew 0-0

Burnley - Lucky enough to get 3 points won 2-1

Hull - Terrible, lucky to get a point! drew 1-1

Everton - probably deserved to lose in the end lost 2-1.

That's the story of our PL away form as you can see way too many below par performances and with United,Spurs and Liverpool our last three away games we would want to start playing better away from home or there is no way we will win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

no need to panic lads, still top and have every chance of winning and must still be favourites. Utd still have to play liverpool, city and spurs who might still have something to play for when they face them (not that I'd be wagering much on spurs doing any damage) this season has proven very unpredictable with everyone dropping points in the most unlikely places).

Not to take anything away from Everton, they played very well last night took 2 of there 3 chances , but we were all over them for 98% of the second half, Anelka missed from point blank range and usually we'd have scored from that kind of pressure.

We've struggled against teams who've been very organised in defending from midfield, can't see utd playing like that at home against us so we'll have our chances there. Liverpool is never going to be easy , but its no longer fortress anfield and they're nowhere near as daunting a prospect as they've been in recent years.

We need to be focused on taking maximum points from west ham, blackburn, portsmouth (if they still exist) wolves and taking some revenge against villa.

Anyway, i'd rather be a point ahead than behind at this stage, utd aren't invincible and we'll both drop points before the season is out. Still chelsea's for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Still in it and still with a trump card to play i.e. Essien!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,372 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bullpost wrote: »
    Still in it and still with a trump card to play i.e. Essien!

hrmph.... United have Hargreaves to come back:cool:
    :p

United do have Rio and Vidic to come back, which will improve them defensively and give more confidence to the midfield.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

lol:D:D:D
    I hope for the sake of the women Terry is better with his k**b than his head.

With Essien set to return in the next few weeks, I think that is crucial. He is sorely missed in the middle and will be eagerly anticipated.

Otherwise, though, it is hard to paper over the cracks; some of the worst performances of the season have been played away from home, the so-called "harshest month" of January was not so harsh for us and the lesser performances have come when the team has been at damn near peak strength, still incredibly vulnerable from a properly aimed corner or free kick.

It is now an incredibly open race for the title. Chelsea, Manchester United and even Arsenal all still in it. Arsenal are only 6 points behind Chelsea, with United only 1 point behind Chelsea. No one has any games in hand. It really is now ''game on'' from here until May.

Anyone fancy the ultimate away game ?

Flights to Milan return are only €51 with ryanair !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ashley Cole out for 3 months with fractured tibia.

• Advertisement

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh cuntflaps!!

Time for Zhirkov to shine I guess.

Ah no . .. .. .. , things just keep getting worse for Chelsea .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh cuntflaps!!

Time for Zhirkov to shine I guess.

exactly

Not worried, we have Zhirkov. He is A.Cole in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ahh if only we held on to Bridge, our left back woes would be sorted..!
    (he says dangerously)
    not too worried, Zhirkov to do the business that side.we seen this season Lampard is more than capable of tracking back if needs be that side aswell so i think we should be ok.

As much as I think Zhirkov will do a good job there losing the best left back in the world for 3 months is still a huge blow. :(

As much as I think Zhirkov will do a good job there losing the best left back in the world for 3 months is still a huge blow. :(
    Zhirkov is one of the best attacking left sided players about. He can defend too. Now he is finally going to get a chance to show this. Bosingwa is probably the best attacking right back about when on form he is back now and can fill in there too while Bran the Man keeps shining on the right. Fereira knows ho to defend too.

We are grand.

Essien, the best midfielder in the EPL will return soon and bring us to another level. Things will get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Cole is a massive blow, but I'm more than happy with our Russian dynamo, time to give players like Matic and Kakuta a chance tomorrow, its the perfect opportunity.

smuckers wrote: »
    Cole is a massive blow, but I'm more than happy with our Russian dynamo, time to give players like Matic and Kakuta a chance tomorrow, its the perfect opportunity.

Defo a chance to see what the young guns can do. I'd even consider having the two strikers as Sturridge and Borini. Have Drogs on bench, just in case. Matic and Kakuta in the middle, with Lamps for a bit of experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Is the match on tv tmw lad?

Yeah it's on Setanta Ireland.

Kick off earlier than usual 12.00! Hungover watching the Chels nothing better!

If you don't have Setanta Ireland like me, :( then Channel 134 on Sky digital are showing it. S4C its a Welsh channel. Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chelsea - Cardiff is live on www.TheFA.com

They say it is available for UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Strong line-up named for tomorrow(just announced on SkySN)

Drogba,Lampard Malouda etc

Hilario in nets and Sturridge up front seem to be the only second string if you can call them that

I think this is it

Hilario
    Ferreira,Alex,Carvalho,Zhirkov
    Lampard,Ballack,Mikel(I think)
    J.Cole,Sturridge,Drogba

Bench: Turnbull,Borini,Matic for definite cant remember the other 4

Turnbull, Bruma, Ivanovic, Malouda, Matic, Borini and Kalou.

Thats the bench. Really strong team!

• Advertisement

Pity he's not starting Matic and Borini, IMO. Would be the perfect opportunity to give them a start and 'blood' them as it were (and against Cardiff, it really would be a 'blooding')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to Ancelloti, Kakuta isn't physically ready yet.

smuckers wrote: »
    According to Ancelloti, Kakuta isn't physically ready yet.

Translates into " I dont want one of my best prospects kicked around the pitch for 90 minutes against a team like Cardiff "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

DazMarz wrote: »
    Pity he's not starting Matic and Borini, IMO. Would be the perfect opportunity to give them a start and 'blood' them as it were (and against Cardiff, it really would be a 'blooding')

The FA cup is ours to lose, wouldn't want him to risk losing what should be a near guaranteed trophy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The FA cup is ours to lose, wouldn't want him to risk losing what should be a near guaranteed trophy

Yeah, but still... Would prefer to see youngsters playing for this trophy than risk some of our first team getting injured. The Premier League is now very tenuous and the Champions League is still there for the taking. The F.A. Cup shouldn't be our highest priority, as much as it'd be nice to retain it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement