Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Our second string should be able to beat Cardiff, but ye never know...... Hoping for a good performance tomorrow, no doubt Cardiff will make it tough. Sturridge to continue scoring in the F.A cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Our second string should be able to beat Cardiff, but ye never know...... Hoping for a good performance tomorrow, no doubt Cardiff will make it tough. Sturridge to continue scoring in the F.A cup

Cardiff will make it very tough. They will be playing for their football lives tomorrow with a court winding-up in the offing. The last thing Chelsea should do is treat the game with any complacency. Well if they want to get to Wembley, that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cardiff will be a tough game but we should win a couple in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Cardiff will be tough. They were in the final not so long ago, we must remember, so they've trekked this road before. But still... We should beat them, not handily, but with a gritty performance.

DIDIER DROGBA last night warned mega-rival Wayne Rooney: I am going to score more goals than you.

:D

Didier-Drogba_1081957.jpg

Baaaahhh!!! Come on the Drogs!!! Them's fighting words!!! I love it!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just about to head down to this the ground now,

Hopefully a better performance than Wednesday evening !

DD first scorer ! or maybe sturridge ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

you can watch on the sun website c'mon chels!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

stream lads? way to drunk for google. Would be dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

dont have flippin setanta ireland.
    thank god for wales radio!
    anyone know any other channel it might be on?

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2849423/Watch-Chelsea-v-Cardiff-live-online-for-free-with-The-Sun.html

DIDIER!

CHD wrote: »
    stream lads? way to drunk for google. Would be dangerous.

its free on the F.A. website, my internet speed is dinosaur slow though but its there somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

set-piece defending is still appalling.

Joe Cole is muck and keeps proving me right.

It's on 134 on Sky Digital.

FFS, terrible.

Johner wrote: »
    It's on 134 on Sky Digital.

dont have those fancy channels back in the sticks im afraid, old school irish and english channels is the height of it for me. the house i grew up in still considers tv3 to be a new channel!

hows Zhirkov settlin in there?
    1-1?ohh jesus

edit:
    found it on channel "S4/C" that means dick all to me too, foreign commentry but its better than nothing

sturridge is lookin for another FA cup goal, not far off either

edit:
    found it on channel "S4/C" that means dick all to me too, foreign commentry but its better than nothing

Haha its Welsh. It's the same channel I'm watching it on think they have all Cardiff's FA Cup run.

• Advertisement

man, the defence is definitely the problem.

as well as joe cole and ballack to a lesser extent.

drogba and sturridge look threatening given the right service, with Mikel and Lampard controlling the game quite well.

SlickRic wrote: »
    man, the defence is definitely the problem.

as well as joe cole and ballack to a lesser extent.

drogba and sturridge look threatening given the right service, with Mikel and Lampard controlling the game quite well.

The defending for the goal was terrible, Alex just let Chopra make the run and watched him score. Cardiff look dangerous.

Mikel is having a good game, it does look like he is starting to play well consistently.

As you say Sturridge and Didier look threatening when they have the ball, hopefully one of them bags on early second half goal to calm things down.

Haha its Welsh. It's the same channel I'm watching it on think they have all Cardiff's FA Cup run.

got to love these dodgy dishes! me aul ma got one from aldi, it picks up all the english channels, a mountain of god/arabic/babestation types, and as iv now learned welsh channels!
    still beats listening to the radio.

see ya joe.

CHD wrote: »
    Joe Cole is muck and keeps proving me right.

think he made way for kalou

lovely chip over the head to ballack, 2-1 chelsea

• Advertisement

What a ball from Drogba - the complete centre forward ;). Good finish Ballack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Drogba really is a class player. Some of his touches today have been unreal. Wenger's "He doesn't do a lot" statement is looking more ridiculous by the minute.

when drogs decides he wants the ball, he fairly bulldozers his way to it. himself, sturridge and kalou are looking pretty effective

Another brilliant bit of play from Didier, unlucky Sturridge.

if Chelsea win some trophies, i can't see why Drogba shouldn't be considered for World Player of the Year.

the guy is unplayable this year.

• Advertisement

drogs to sturridge, beauty.
    reckon drogs will out do rooneys goal and assist count if he brings this kind of form into the premiership
    3-1 chelsea

He has over 10 assists this season. :) 23 goals now equal with Rooney.

i would have preferred to see a younger player on, get some experience in. then again i dont see why sturridge got taken off.

What a sweet header from Kalou! :)

ferriera crosses in, kalou header, and boom goes the dynamite.
    4-1

borini on for drogs, 88mins gone

2nd half - Now that's more like it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

On that showing , we're going to miss ashey cos Zhirkov was muck, couldn't pass the ball! Good game, and my welsh has improved no end due to welsh commentary!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Great second half yesterday from us , kalou has kept up his great form that he was having b4 ACN, mikel was solid and still had a few stray passes but less than normal for him , sturrige was full of energy on and off the ball , as was ballack ( I feel dirty saying that , as I don't have a lot of time for him) drogba was amazing he has some passion for the game at the moment . Every one else was ok bar the player I will speak about next.

Joe Cole:

he was dreadful , looked like a player completely lacking in confidence and the crowd really to started to get on his back .

He deserved it really from 5 mins onwards everytime he lost the ball he would just stand there

with his hands on his back gasping for air , I could not believe my eyes. Lad getting paid
    nearly 80k a week, he was tired after 5 minutes ! Only chased one ball that he lost in the whole first half .

He tried his trade mark tricks a few times and tripped over his own feet on more than one occassion and barked at the referee for free kicks . To simply put it he was embaressing yesterday and as one of my favourite players in the squad I was disgusted with his showing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Iolar wrote: »
    Any ideas who we're playing in the next round?

The draw for the Sixth Round is scheduled to take place on 14 February 2010 at Wembley Stadium. Fixtures will take place over the weekend of 6 and 7 March 2010

Haven't heard anything yet, tbh
    Draw numbers
    1 Crystal Palace or Aston Villa
    2 Manchester City or Stoke City
    3 Birmingham City
    4 Bolton Wanderers or Tottenham Hotspur
    5 Chelsea
    6 Fulham or Notts County
    7 Reading or West Bromwich Albion
    8 Portsmouth

That's who we could all potentially be playing; draw takes place at approx. 17:40 or so.

Draw for F.A. Cup 6th Round:

-Chelsea vs. Man City/Stoke City
    -Fulham vs. Spurs/Bolton
    -Reading/West Brom vs. Crystal Palace/Villa
    -Portsmouth vs. Birmingham

• Advertisement

Not a bad draw for us, considering, but not great either. Stoke or Man City would be difficult. Playing Man City twice in a row at home is not something John Terry would want (27th Feb, 6th/7th March)...

Has anyone got a spare for Wolves away? Can't seem to get one. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So lads, it a bit early but we are not to far away from the return of the special one :pac:

I'll admit it will be an absolute conflict of interests to a certain degree, on one hand you have one of Chelseas greatest manager in terms of success, passion, and man-management ability, that brought Chelsea that extra step forward and on the other hand you have the current manager of a very good, well orgainsed, dangerous Inter Milan team that wil be no push overs when it comes to playing them in next week.

As we have seen with Jose and having great first hand knowledge any team Jose will field will be very difficlut to beat, Utd beat a very average Inter last year who had a few players only back from injurt and the rest didnt show up.

I think this year they will be a hell of lot tougher to beat and Jose will want to go as far as he can with Inter this year, the only thing that stops him from doing so is Carlo Ancelloti and Chelsea.

Jose got the better of him in Italy, albit woth a superior team then Carlo's A.C. Milan.

One things for sure this game will be huge, the passion and support for Jose around the Bridge is without doubt and it will be weird to see him in the opposition dug out at the Bridge and embracing his old guard and interacting with the crowd, as much as I love what he has done for us, I hope we can get one over Jose and progress and hopefully, after last year go all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think Inter are a fairly bad matchup for Chelsea and they're improved on last season. They lost Ibra but I don't think he'd cause Terry and Carvalho anywhere near as much trouble as Eto'o and Milito who have a really nice little partnership and they've completely rejuvinated Sneijder who's playing really well. Their defence isn't fantastic but Maicon and Julio Cesar are. If Drogba can avoid Maicon though he should tear them apart though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think Inter are a fairly bad matchup for Chelsea and they're improved on last season. They lost Ibra but I don't think he'd cause Terry and Carvalho anywhere near as much trouble as Eto'o and Milito who have a really nice little partnership and they've completely rejuvinated Sneijder who's playing really well. Their defence isn't fantastic but Maicon and Julio Cesar are. If Drogba can avoid Maicon though he should tear them apart though.

I dont think the will push Maicon that far in field to cover Drogba, if we had Ashley Cole fit i would have said Maicon's job would have been to push on to him and stop him attacking but now that its gonna be Zhirkov playing I expect Jose to tell Maicon, not that he needs much encouragement, to bomb on and try get at him and force Zhirkov to play defensively which in turn would lead me to believe Malouda will play left of diamond to provide cover for Zhirkov.

Surely it will be Lucio to mark the Drog, which will be anembarrsement IMO, Lucio, and for that matter, nobody is able to mark Drogba on his current form so we could get joy up there. Im worried about Eto'o hopefully JT is back on form and Carvalho is fit and if we can get Essien soem game time before then im hoping he can contain Snejider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

gavredking wrote: »
    I dont think the will push Maicon that far in field to cover Drogba, if we had Ashley Cole fit i would have said Maicon's job would have been to push on to him and stop him attacking but now that its gonna be Zhirkov playing I expect Jose to tell Maicon, not that he needs much encouragement, to bomb on and try get at him and force Zhirkov to play defensively which in turn would lead me to believe Malouda will play left of diamond to provide cover for Zhirkov.

Surely it will be Lucio to mark the Drog, which will be anembarrsement IMO, Lucio, and for that matter, nobody is able to mark Drogba on his current form so we could get joy up there. Im worried about Eto'o hopefully JT is back on form and Carvalho is fit and if we can get Essien soem game time before then im hoping he can contain Snejider.

That's what I mean, Maicon is the only member of that defence who'd be able to cover Drogba so as long as he can avoid him he should have a great game.

Was gonna go to both legs of this tie, but sadly my plans fell through...:(

Still, cannot see Inter doing it over the two legs. They might snatch a win in San Siro, but once we got an away goal or two, we should finish them off in The Bridge.

DazMarz wrote: »

Still, cannot see Inter doing it over the two legs. They might snatch a win in San Siro, but once we got an away goal or two, we should finish them off in The Bridge.

Im going over to the bridge for the game ! You going to miss both legs now or just one ?

DazMarz wrote: »
    Im going over to the bridge for the game ! You going to miss both legs now or just one ?

Gonna miss both legs of it... Shít one, I know. Just not the same watching it on TV... Would love to be there for The Special One's homecoming...

• Advertisement

Has anyone got a spare for Wolves away? Can't seem to get one. :(

Still looking. :( Have travel booked and all, never thought there would be such a huge demand for Wolves away, barely a spare around. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement