Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Johner wrote: »
    Still looking. :( Have travel booked and all, never thought there would be such a huge demand for Wolves away, barely a spare around. :(

I just texted a mate of mine in England to see can he scare one up for ya. I'll let you know if he can or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Still looking. :( Have travel booked and all, never thought there would be such a huge demand for Wolves away, barely a spare around. :(

Johner, given your success rate at seeing Chelsea win away this season, whaddya say we have a whip-round to refund you your fare, and you stay home and watch it :D

Everton last week was my first away of the season (it's my guaranteed away trip every year having a load of Toffee mates - first time seeing them lose there in 10 years !) and I thought we let them back into it badly. Whatever about JTs 2 errors on their goals, there was a least a little bit of bite about them compared to the dreadful recent displays against Burnley and Hull......had Nic left that Drogba pull-back for Ashley, it had 2-0 written all over it.

Away form could lose us this potential title yet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

DazMarz wrote: »
    I just texted a mate of mine in England to see can he scare one up for ya. I'll let you know if he can or not.

Cheers mate. :)

jrar wrote: »
    Johner, given your success rate at seeing Chelsea win away this season, whaddya say we have a whip-round to refund you your fare, and you stay home and watch it :D

Everton last week was my first away of the season (it's my guaranteed away trip every year having a load of Toffee mates - first time seeing them lose there in 10 years !) and I thought we let them back into it badly. Whatever about JTs 2 errors on their goals, there was a least a little bit of bite about them compared to the dreadful recent displays against Burnley and Hull......had Nic left that Drogba pull-back for Ashley, it had 2-0 written all over it.

Away form could lose us this potential title yet !

Haha good idea. :)

and we definitely need to sort our away form out or as you say bye bye title. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Johner please don't go.

• Advertisement

:D

We have to beat Wolves even if I'm there? Right????????

Hope so!

Wolves away... Love to see Chelsea win, just to sicken Mick McCarthy... And 3 points and all that, but that would nearly be incidental for me... Despise McCarthy with a passion.

Should win there all the same. Wolves not exactly tearing it up. But then our recent form away from home means Wolves might maul us... 'scuse the pun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i haven't watched enough full Chelsea games this year to pass judgment on your away form than, further than 'it's sh*te'.

what's the cause of it?

are you too negative or something?

because Ancelotti needs to figure it out before it's too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

So according to the press Ancellotti will bolster the team with Hamsik Sweinsteiger Subotic (centre back) and Di Maria.
    If Sweinsteiger and Di Maria come then Joe Cole's future at the club will be in balance. Joe please find that form again, we know you have it but just prove us fans wrong.

• Advertisement

FA Youth Cup 1/4 final on tonight away to Watford on Chelsea TV, coverage at 6.30.

FA Youth Cup 1/4 final on tonight away to Watford on Chelsea TV, coverage at 6.30.
    Be good to see if Clifford can continue his cracking form. Lampard's replacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

why arent we playing tonight anyways?

Lovely goal by Kaby, Youths all over Watford! Should be 2 or 3 nil.

Come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Mitrovic! Peno 2-0, was never a peno.

Iolar wrote: »
    Yea,im wondering that too

Probably because they don't want United and Chelsea fans over in Milan the same time and the pitch was played on last night maybe but I'm guessing the first reason.

4-0 full time against Watford in the 1/4 final of the Youth Cup, scorers were Kaby,Mitrovic(pen),Bruma and McEachran. Dominated most of the game bring on the Semi's!! :)

Probably because they don't want United and Chelsea fans over in Milan the same time and the pitch was played on last night maybe but I'm guessing the first reason.

Also didn't want to have the ''bigger'' games clashing for the television audiences would be my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Also didn't want to have the ''bigger'' games clashing for the television audiences would be my guess.

It's for TV. On Tuesday you had French, Spanish, English and Italian teams playing. Today it was German, Portuguese, Italian and English. No audience is clashing. I'm surprised that they put two Italian teams playing on a big religous week though.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    It's for TV. On Tuesday you had French, Spanish, English and Italian teams playing. Today it was German, Portuguese, Italian and English. No audience is clashing. I'm surprised that they put two Italian teams playing on a big religous week though.

My point exactly.

UEFA has no religion except money really sure!

Essien and Bosingwa expected back by the end of the month, Jose is going to find it difficult to displace Ivan

smuckers wrote: »
    Essien and Bosingwa expected back by the end of the month, Jose is going to find it difficult to displace Ivan

Thank fúck Essien is coming back soon. We need the Bison back, big time...

Bosingwa's only hope is if Carlo starts playing Ivanovic as a CB and leaves Riccy and Alex on the bench more, but I can't see that happening. Ivanovic has been an absolute beast for us at RB.

Looks like Alien's were interested in taking over long before Abramovich was http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8521139.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Thank fúck Essien is coming back soon. We need the Bison back, big time...

Bosingwa's only hope is if Carlo starts playing Ivanovic as a CB and leaves Riccy and Alex on the bench more, but I can't see that happening. Ivanovic has been an absolute beast for us at RB.

Put Bosingwa Left back maybe?

Lampard out with a virus and Alex has injured his knee. Lamps should be OK for Wednesday

Alex having a scan on his knee thats not good news, perhaps Bruma will come in now as cover.

smuckers wrote: »
    Alex having a scan on his knee thats not good news, perhaps Bruma will come in now as cover.
    Unlikely. Ivanovic can slot in easy and Fereira can then play RB. Bruma might get a slot on the bench but unfortunately we won't see him play prob.

Hopefully Everton can do the Mancs and we can go 4 clear. :)

• Advertisement

Everton are flying high and might just be the ones to do us a huge favour, providing our own mob do us a favour against Wolves, our poor away form of late notwithstanding. This is a crucial weekend and hopefully the status quo will be broken and we can move 4 points clear. If not, it'll be a harder struggle.

evil-smiley-face.jpg

Hehehehe, looking a bit more promising now...

Building well so far, but passing a bit too casual for my liking, tbh.

DIDIER DROGBA last night warned mega-rival Wayne Rooney: I am going to score more goals than you.

Didier-Drogba_1081957.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

always Didier.

frightening.

The chap is a machine!

• Advertisement

:D:DAces... Bloody brilliant stuff. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach when I heard the United result that Chels wouldn't take the initiative... But thankfully, I was proven wrong!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ye worried that the lacklustre performances will catch up soon?

or happy to be getting the results while not playing particularly well?

when is your next game against decent opposition actually? im honestly not on a wind up in here, just interested a little

kryogen wrote: »
    ye worried that the lacklustre performances will catch up soon?

or happy to be getting the results while not playing particularly well?

when is your next game against decent opposition actually? im honestly not on a wind up in here, just interested a little

Go and look our fixtures up if you are interested.

Go and look our fixtures up if you are interested.

said i was a little interested, not enough to go look for myself, hoping one of ye would tell me

no probs lads

said i was a little interested, not enough to go look for myself, hoping one of ye would tell me

no probs lads
    Actually had this written out to you earlier in United thread and didnt post it. We have Man City (H), West Ham (H), Blackburn (A), Pompey (A), Villa (H), United (A), Bolton (H), Spurs (A), Stoke (H), Liverpool (A), Wigan (H).

Next 4 should be wins. Then two games that could end it all. I expect us to beat Villa at home but it will be really tough then the following week it is up to Old Trafford. Spurs will be dodgy as will Liverpool. Expect us to see off City.

Need us to beat You and hope one of Liverpool, City, Fulham or Spurs can take points.

Essien and Bosingwa return next week. Zhirkov is lethal and we won't miss Cole too much. If Drogba keeps it up and Anelka and Ballack finish strong I think we can win it by 1 or 4 points.

Chelsea - 88
    MUnited - 87

The best thing is United don't look like taking advantage of our slips. Not happy we keep slipping up but when Essien returns I expect that to stop, the man will be on fire.Ours to lose.

• Advertisement

Essien definitely back next week?

that would be a major boost alright, beast of a player

id agree with your assessment mostly, i imagine ye should put city away, if it was at COM stadium i would give them a chance but cant see it at the bridge

i think if we can avoid dropping more points then the game at OT will be the decider....

hopefully spurs (unlikely) or pool (wouldnt hold my breath) can take points from ye aswell, but i have more faith in Bolton getting something actually!

what could be crucial is that you have Bolton, Villa and Stoke at home rather then away, this is huge imo, not grounds to be going to under pressure for a result, but at home they shouldnt be a problem

definitely your title to lose from here on in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

CHD wrote: »
    Actually had this written out to you earlier in United thread and didnt post it. We have Man City (H), West Ham (H), Blackburn (A), Pompey (A), Villa (H), United (A), Bolton (H), Spurs (A), Stoke (H), Liverpool (A), Wigan (H).

Next 4 should be wins. Then two games that could end it all. I expect us to beat Villa at home but it will be really tough then the following week it is up to Old Trafford. Spurs will be dodgy as will Liverpool. Expect us to see off City.

Need us to beat You and hope one of Liverpool, City, Fulham or Spurs can take points.

Essien and Bosingwa return next week. Zhirkov is lethal and we won't miss Cole too much. If Drogba keeps it up and Anelka and Ballack finish strong I think we can win it by 1 or 4 points.

Chelsea - 88
    MUnited - 87

The best thing is United don't look like taking advantage of our slips. Not happy we keep slipping up but when Essien returns I expect that to stop, the man will be on fire.Ours to lose.

Even though Zhirkov is a great attacker we havent seen him truly tested as a defender Cole is a very very good defender.

Malouda was very quiet yesterday

I have seen him tested before and whatever it is he has it. He is top notch.

Malouda is hot and cold though.

no probs lads

Sorry I just thought the way you worded the first part was having a go. :o

The result yesterday was the main thing first, we were poor again though there is no getting away from that, Wolves created a good few chances that a better team would have converted. I would count us lucky yesterday to win 2-0, very lucky. I'm still very worried about our away form especially with United,Liverpool and Spurs our last three away games.

As CHD has already shown our fixtures I won't go through them again but we need to put in some good away performances while maintaining our outstanding home form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Zhirkov did well for the first goal, I thought.

Good to hear Bison is back next week. Massive boost to our midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

apparently Zhirkov picked up a thigh injury yesterday, hope he's alright for milan.

Cork didn't have a bad game today for Burnley, did quite well actually!

Zhirkov just has a tight calf he should be fine

V9 wrote: »
    Zhirkov did well for the first goal, I thought.

Good to hear Bison is back next week. Massive boost to our midfield.

Essien is such a crucial player to the run in, we've missed his drive and energy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement