Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Johner wrote: »
    They are both great talents, we have some amount of talent coming through the ranks now.Clifford will be going out on loan next season, he said he was hoping to impress a Championship club so that he can continue learning, and he has certainly done that with his performances as Youth captain and in the reserves.
    Hopefully he does a Lampard. One loan deal, show what you got and straight back into 1st team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can't forget Josh McEachran, huge huge talent. He already has a first team number and was the 19th man against Everton(league) and Blackburn(carling cup). Only 16 as well.

Gokhan Tore has the skillz too. Cork, Bruma, Hutchinson, Van Annholt... list goes on. Future is bright. And they say we don't have good youth :rolleyes:

So much talent from both the reserves and youth,

Hutchinson,McEachran,Nana,Bruma,Woods,Clifford,Sala,Kakuta,Cork(on loan at Burnley) from the reserves.

Danny Mills Papoe, Aziz, Gokhan Tore, Kaby Djalo, Billy Clifford,Billy Knott,Milan Lalkovič and Marko Mitrovic from the Youth's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ye leave him go on loan to get more first team action, and this is what he gets up to:
    0,,12306~8629900,00.jpg

Link

:pac:

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

One of the Lads just mailed me this : I had to stick it up for the laugh

106085.jpg

On a more serious note we do have great talents coming up .

CHD , the reason I rate Kakuta so highly is that he is the type of player we seem to me missing at the moment IMO.

Brilliant feet, lighting quick , great crosser and finisher, never afraid to take on his man and plays wide behind the two forwards.

He is currently on his come back after braking his Ankle so I reckon it will take him a few months more to get back to where he was at.

Malouda and Joe Cole have been too hot and cold for me and its nice to let them know if they dont keep up there level of performance that there is a youngland gunning for there spot in the team.

At least JC has some sort of excuse coming back from injury but the Malouda fella frustrates the fu$k out of me !

Just went to buy a ticket on Viagogo for the City match on Saturday and handling fee's are nearly £20 for a ticket. Unbelivable really! Legalised touts is all they are.

:mad:

Hopefully cfcnet can sort me out!

2-1 is not the worst, so glad we have the away goal.

Positves - Ivanovic,Kalou(looked lively),Anelka in parts, Drogba first half.

Negatives - Terry for the goal,Lampard,Ballack,Drogba second half and Cech injury. :(

"Ancelotti saying Cech is a "calf" problem not knee cruciate, a huge relief for Chelsea."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Will we Essien back for the second leg ? actually when is he due back so normal service can resume ?

Essien back = easy win

Cech = meh

2-1 = we will win

Anelka you ****ing donkey

Chelsea Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Very frustrating game to watch, imo. Lampard was sub par, Ballack... ugh... srs, get back Essien ASAP and get that big german clown in the bench.

I actually thought Mikel did alright to night, tho he tended to wander forward a bit too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yep agree about Ballack.

Our best players were Ivan Mikel and Malouda.

Very disappointing we didn't take it to them in the second half. I wasn't that impressed by Inter at all though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Should be a cracking second leg. Can see Jose going for the jugular in effort to score at Bridge. With current shaky defence we need Essien back in there to break up their attacks. Due a good performance from Lamps in CL as well.

59 Loyalty points for Tickets for the Inter game , bloody disgrace , only have 45 , I am Fu*king sick

EDIT : Actually there is 5 point on offer for the stoke game I think I will be taking a ticket for that tomorrow , That should leave me in place for the second round of sales on the CL tickets .

Still a bit peeved about it , sure it was only 36 for the Arsenal game !

Ah you should get one no trouble.

I'm not going. :( Cheltenham starts on the 16th and I'd miss to much of it. :(

Johner wrote: »
    Ah you should get one no trouble.

I'm not going. :( Cheltenham starts on the 16th and I'd miss to much of it. :(

I might just go to the Villa home game , and stay in Dublin on the lash for Cheltenham / the match and Paddys day :D

Pretty sure I'll head over for the City match. Mate wants to get the boat/train somewhere for a piss up so we we might get the boat tomorrow night and go to the match. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Cech confirmed out for 3/4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

redout wrote: »
    Cech confirmed out for 3/4 weeks.

Fúck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

big game tomorrow

we need to beat city well or we could really go into glitch mode

the more I think about the return inter leg the more worried I get,

I can see it going either two ways,

1- we get a goal and hold on - its 70 mins into the game and we start defending our narrowest of leads, we have 20 mins to hold on or we are fucked

2 - they score, bam we need to score 3 all of a sudden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

big game tomorrow

we need to beat city well or we could really go into glitch mode

the more I think about the return inter leg the more worried I get,

I can see it going either two ways,

1- we get a goal and hold on - its 70 mins into the game and we start defending our narrowest of leads, we have 20 mins to hold on or we are fucked

2 - they score, bam we need to score 3 all of a sudden

Am hoping for a draw tomorrow but can't see past you beating City tbh.Inter is a game bar you, all Chelsea fans are seeing as a walk in the park , why i don't know....Going by the 1st leg, Inter look like they can score, they also seem to be able to defend too.0.0 is a possibility as weak as Italian football is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea will stroll past city tomorrow

City just dont have it in them and dont have the manager capable of pulling out a big performance when it counts

kryogen wrote: »
    Chelsea will stroll past city tomorrow

City just dont have it in them and dont have the manager capable of pulling out a big performance when it counts
    Jinx touch wood and all that?!!

Yeah 2mo should be handy 2-0 or so but I hope we go out of CL now. I want the league.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »

Yeah 2mo should be handy 2-0 or so but I hope we go out of CL now. I want the league.
    Before you say your covering yourself cause Chelsea are 2-1 down ask Daz what I have said for months at this stage.

Arghhhhh didn't head to this bought a couple of tickets for the Stoke match though, really nervous about today but hopefully we can get three points.

I want both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lets move on..Thankfully we have a break now with the FA Cup to get the heads sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Lads since this whole Terry affair its affecting the team, its olny part of the problem.

Why take off Cole he was having a good game

• Advertisement

:(Goodnight, Vienna......:(

DazMarz wrote: »
    :(Goodnight, Vienna......:(
    Goin bed?

Goin bed?

**DazMarz curls up into a foetal position and crys softly......**:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

CHD, DazMarz, Johner etc. what do you make of Chelsea's current woes? Granted, you're still top, but seem to be heading in the wrong direction at the moment. I think you're in a lot of trouble.

Archimedez wrote: »
    CHD, DazMarz, Johner etc. what do you make of Chelsea's current woes? Granted, you're still top, but seem to be heading in the wrong direction at the moment. I think you're in a lot of trouble.
    Essien back soon should plug the gaps. I think we need to go out of the CL. Won't go all doom and gloom yet. We are in a bit of trouble but an be turned on its head easily.

I honestly agree.

Hilario just isn't good enough to replace Cech. Granted Cech hasn't been great this year but he has found form and we are going to miss him big time I reckon.

Terry's head is all over the place, he is making too many errors and its effecting the defense. Cole injured but Zhirkov should be back soon so hopefully when we get a back 4 playing together and the errors will be cut out. Terry is worrying though.

Ballack needs to go, seriously he gives us absolutely nothing. Mikel was shocking today he is too hit and miss to start every game but with Essien back soon that is a huge boost for us.

I'm honestly worried and it's not just because this game, we have lost 5 games and any other year that wouldn't be good enough to win the league.

When is he back?

When is he back?
    Training from Monday morning I think

By the way, I think theres a lot to be said for Mikel being Chelsea's version of Anderson. Great start to their careers, and now seem to be coasting on their debut season, and going backwards. Both seem to have poor work ethic to have not improved since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think a part of me wants Chelsea to go through in the CL, keep their focus off the league. That said, it would be pretty demoralising and might be the boost United need to take over. It's looking increasingly likely that the 3rd of April could be a game changer.

• Advertisement

By the way, I think theres a lot to be said for Mikel being Chelsea's version of Anderson. Great start to their careers, and now seem to be coasting on their debut season, and going backwards. Both seem to have poor work ethic to have not improved since then.

Mikel will either have a good game or a really poor one, there is no in between with him, but usually its a poor one. Just when you think he is progressing he puts in a **** performance. Thank god Essien is back soon.

Mikel plays DM and is young. Think about it I know you are not stupid. Mikel is very very good and will be a top top top DM one day. Young lad doing that job is tough.

Mikel plays DM and is young. Think about it I know you are not stupid. Mikel is very very good and will be a top top top DM one day. Young lad doing that job is tough.

Same can be said for Anderson. Think about it, I know you are not stupid either. Anderson is very very good and will be a top top top CM one day. Young lad doing that job is tough.

Of course, it wont happen for both unless they cop the f*ck on and pull the finger out.

It's a slippery, slidy slope. I'm dreading the run-in: Away to both Man Utd and Liverpool will be crucial. With United chasing the title and Liverpool chasing 4th, these will be two HUGE clashes.

No Ashley, no Zhirkov, no Cech, no Essien is really stinging us lately, tho thankfully Zhirkov and Essien should be back sooner rather than later.

Manchester United live for this time of the season; no better team to play ''badly'' all season, and then snatch defeat from the jaws of other teams (Liverpool, Chelsea et al).

Champions League is not going as clear cut as it would have appeared to.

The expressions, ''tits up'', ''pear shaped'', ''going sideways'' and so on all spring to mind.

There are few positives to pick through, but they include:

-still top despite it all
    -still have the away goal in CL fixture
    -Drogba is still playing out of his skin
    -have a fairly impressive record against the others of the alleged 'Big Four' so far (but record against the 'Big Four' gatecrasher is abyssmal this season)

Same can be said for Anderson. Think about it, I know you are not stupid either. Anderson is very very good and will be a top top top CM one day. Young lad doing that job is tough.

Of course, it wont happen for both unless they cop the f*ck on and pull the finger out.
    I'm not in the Anderson sucks brigade but he should be showing more. Mikel is scraping by.
    Happy you think I'm not dumb. Made my day :)

Happy you think I'm not dumb. Made my day :)

Least I could do after Ballack, Mikel, Terry, Hilario et al made mine :)

Least I could do after Ballack, Mikel, Terry, Hilario et al made mine :)
    I know right?

Don't forget Belletti... He played a major role today...:mad:

DazMarz wrote: »
    Don't forget Belletti... He played a major role today...:mad:

Wasnt at his best but that was never a penalty to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

So there is no way JT is one of the two best CBs in England on current form.

Capello always says he picks players based on performances.

So is JT still a starter ?

Seems hypocritical of Capello if he was to start JT on wednesday night against Egypt then again this is only a friendly

Competitive match I dont think so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement