Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

maybe we'll have a chance at the carling cup this year ...

carling cup and 4th spot would be a smashing season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol seriously you have no clue.

Table :

1. Man United
    2. Liverpool
    3. Man City
    4. Arsenal
    17. Chelsea
    18.Sunderland
    19. Hull
    20. Wigan

WE'RE STAYING UP !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

jackdaw wrote: »
    Table :

1. Man United
    2. Arsenal
    3. Man City
    4. Liverpool
    5. SunderIreland
    6. Chelsea
    19. Hull
    20. Wigan

WE'RE STAYING UP !!

Changed that for you ;)

Imagine if SunderIreland does better than Chelsea this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I hope noone here is trolling.....

• Advertisement

what is "Trolling" ?

Table :

1. Man United
    2. Liverpool
    3. Man City
    4. Arsenal
    17. Chelsea
    18.Sunderland
    19. Hull
    20. Wigan

WE'RE STAYING UP !!
    The fact you have Wigan last when trying to make the rest of the league realistic shows your clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

maybe we'll have a chance at the carling cup this year ...

carling cup and 4th spot would be a smashing season

I say this to you every season, or maybe every chelsea thread you post on

GO SUPPORT SPURS

you'd fit in really well there. (no offence to spurs fans intended)

Anyway, like most here I'm not too bothered about missing out on Robinho don't expect him to have made a huge difference in his first season anyway, agree we look weak up front without Drogba (seriously missed him on sunday) and anelka wasn't supported well enough to play as a front man, dissappointed that Scolari didn't try and change the game earlier than 75 minutes , showed a lack of imagination perhaps? early days. I agree that we also seem to be missing the incisive winger who will get past players and get a cross in, we seem to be reliant on Cashley to do this for us as a wing back but you can't relay on that / run that risk too often before teams exploit it. Bring back Gronkjaer that'll liven things up :-)

phb wrote: »
    The CL made a huge huge difference in terms of attracting players. Robinho is an amazing coup, but unlikely to be replicated until the CL is got.

the CL made a huge difference to who exactly? and there are plenty of players willing to take the cash who couldn't give a flying for a club's pedigree / plenty of players who are not too bothered about the pedigree if the management / money / future plans are attractive enough.

We will be fine growler.Drogba is back and we are the team to beat imo.

I wouldnt be that disappointed at missing out on Robinho tbh. You'll still compete without him AND i dont think he's as good as he;s being portrayed. I get the impression a lot of the people on SSN who talk about about him have very limited exposure to watching him, or have viewed some youtube highlight vids.

The player I have watched week in week out for Madrid is capable of genius, has bags of ability but is equally as capable of being anonymous, and inconsistent. And he's tiny, no guarantee he'll make it in the Prem. And finally he's shown a terrible attitude the last few weeks. had berbatov had gone to City over United yesterday I'd have said that I didnt mind because u dont want mercenaries at your club, only players who WANT to play for you and want to win trophies.

So as José would say, chin up.

• Advertisement

I agree with everything your saying today Neill1984, whats wrong with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

CHD wrote: »
    LOL at Chelsea fans being bitter.We should be happy we didn't splash alot of cash on a player whos only motive for moving was a huge pay rise.

That's ridiculously harsh on Robinho. His motive for moving was actually quite admirable IMO. He was an integral part of the team that won La Liga, yet despite that, his employers decide that they want Ronaldo instead and need to fund it by selling Robinho so he decides that he will go to Chelsea after effectively being used by Real. Ronaldo deal falls through and all of the sudden they love Robinho. He tells them to **** off an moves to the only club he could because he would do anything to leave, even if it meant moving to a worse club

Personally, not to broke up about missing out. Our squad is big enough

growler wrote: »
    I say this to you every season, or maybe every chelsea thread you post on

GO SUPPORT SPURS

you'd fit in really well there. (no offence to spurs fans intended)

:D:D

C'mon lads .. you know none of my posts are serious ..

I'm actually feeling quite confident about this season ..

I think Big Phil (Gene Hackman) is a great manager ..

I would have liked Robinho, but we can still do well without him ..

Maybe an extra striker in January ..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone think it's time Scott Sinclair shows if he can cut it at this level?

Nope Di Santo to get a few games along with Sinclair and keep improving but Kalou and Mikel need big seasons imo

:D:D

C'mon lads .. you know none of my posts are serious ..

I'm actually feeling quite confident about this season ..

I think Big Phil (Gene Hackman) is a great manager ..

I would have liked Robinho, but we can still do well without him ..

Maybe an extra striker in January ..
    Slag other teams then not your own!!

Nope Di Santo to get a few games along with Sinclair and keep improving but Kalou and Mikel need big seasons imo

I think Mikel will have a great season for us. Looked extremely impressive against Portsmouth (didn't everyone) and I felt we've missed his creative influence from deep. He just needs to control his temper but I think he will be world class. As for Kalou, I'm not his biggest fan, he just doesn't produce and is very wasteful, barring injuries I think he will be used sparingly.

Kalou was impressive last year. Just needs to step it up this year. I agree and think Mikel will be world class.

Looking forward to this City match. Robinho is going to get a few kicks i imagine!!

I certainly hope so. Cant wait to see the the contrasting receptions he gets from the crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Kalou is a strange player. Good pace, great close control and can when he wants walk past players in very tight situations. The problem with him is his passing and above all finishing are hopelessly short of that required at this level. Many times I've seen him get into great positions only for his shot to sail miles wide.

I'm really hoping Anelka gets a long run with a support striker as thats where he is dangerous, he cannot lead the line on his own. I've watched Di Santo a few times at reserve level and he looks very impressive so hopefully he can make the step up this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

anyone tempted to become a city fan?

Nope but I'm sure we will see lots of them popping up now. I've never actually seen anyone wearing a city jersey so I will know when i see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

oh dear...
    Robinho has revealed that Chelsea's mistake of putting shirts emblazoned with his name up for sale on their website prevented him from moving to Stamford Bridge.

According to the Brazilian, who moved to Manchester City on transfer deadline day, the revelation that his shirt was available on the Chelsea website angered Real Madrid to the extent that the Spanish giants refused to go ahead with a deal that had, until then, seemed an inevitability.

"Of course, my goal was to go to Chelsea," Robinho told reporters in his native Brazil. "But the mistake by Chelsea to put my name on the jersey without me having signed anything dented Real Madrid's pride."

Chelsea have claimed they were not responsible for the blunder, describing it as a "regrettable accident by an external supplier which was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention."

the word is Scolari is raging with Kenyon over the whole failed Robinho transfer. I wonder if this whole affair will have any knock on repercussions, like a new bout of in-house fighting? could Kenyon's role be under threat;?

oh dear...

the word is Scolari is raging with Kenyon over the whole failed Robinho transfer. I wonder if this whole affair will have any knock on repercussions, like a new bout of in-house fighting? could Kenyon's role be under threat;?
    simply - no

I would say it's just some rags stirring it up on a quiet news day. Scolari has said on numerous occasions that he was happy with the squad without Robihno and I don't think the whole ordeal with the shirts had any real bearing on the deal. At the end of the day it came down to money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

would be a loss for Chelsea if he is out for a few games.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/06/sports/EU-SOC-Chelsea-Essien.php
    Essien injures knee during Ghana defeat

Chelsea will assess the fitness of Michael Essien on Monday after the midfielder injured his knee during Ghana's 1-0 loss against Libya in a World Cup qualifier.
    "My injury? It is serious but I can be ready again soon," Essien told Sky Sports on Saturday.
    Essien had to leave Friday's game after he was tackled midway through the first half and was replaced by Stephen Appiah.
    Chelsea's next Premier League game is a trip to Manchester City next Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭03mcgs0

Lads can someone please tell me is there a Chelsea supporters club in Dublin?? that go you matches and all. Also can anyone join??

Many Thanks, c u all down the bridge!!

Theres two as far as i know. I'm not a member of either but if you check the Evening Herald just before the sports pages they have notices for all supporters clubs i think.Should find them there.

I think theres a Supporters club in Balbriggan or somewhere and Dalymount.

03mcgs0 wrote: »
    Lads can someone please tell me is there a Chelsea supporters club in Dublin?? that go you matches and all. Also can anyone join??

There is indeed. There is one in dalymount in the players bar. If you go in there you can find the details you need. Thats the main Irish Chelsea supporters club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

simply - no

which is a shame really as he did make us look pretty stupid over Robinho.

On a side note, talk of Zola going to west ham >? would love to see him back at the bridge in some capacity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

03mcgs0 wrote: »

Dublin Chelsea Supporters Club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Its been reported on BBC.co.uk/sport that Essien is out for up to 6 months. He is supposed to have ruptured ligaments. Anybody hear anything more on this?

everyone is reporting it now
    http://newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=essien
    probably just latching on to the same story

wow this leaves us shallow in midfield with just mikel, lampard, deco, ballack, cole, malouda to chose from ****e

This is a very big loss for us. Essien is a very important player and he has showed this over the last two years. I think we will be ok as long as Ballack stays fit, but how likley is that?

personally i think Essien is the difference between Chelsea winning the league title and being an also ran, particularly now Makelele is gone. very few players can impose themselves on games like he can. I'd be very concerned if i were a Chelsea fan.

• Advertisement

Ballack was huge for us last year and only came back from injury at the end.

We will be grand. Big loss but we will survive

Ballack was a class act last year but now our midfield is getting a little unbalanced. Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Lampard, Cole all attacking. Jon Obi its time to stand up and show us you have what it takes. We need a big season from him.

Essien is a huge blow. For my money when on form himself and Fiberglass are the two best in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

iregk wrote: »
    Ballack was a class act last year but now our midfield is getting a little unbalanced. Ballack, Deco, Malouda, Lampard, Cole all attacking. Jon Obi its time to stand up and show us you have what it takes. We need a big season from him.

Essien is a huge blow.

Agreed. Essien is one of the most dynamic players I've seen, and my favourite at Chelsea for the last few years. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. I'd like to think that Obi steps up, but from what I've seen so far, I would be surprised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I'd like to think that Obi steps up, but from what I've seen so far, I would be surprised...

+1

Maybe its just that we've been spoiled with having 2 of the best DM's in world football for the past few seasons, but I really dont see him filling the void

Mikel will step up. Wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Invincible

Is Mikel fit to play yet,injured ?

Rumours in the Times today that Steve Clarke has left the club. According to the "source" he is on his was to WHAM as Zola's assistant.

I've checked the Chelsea website and there is nothing and at the moment I'm trying to log into cfcnet but it appears to be having trouble. Actually just got in and yeah he is gone. Its on the fans forum.

Sad day. Great player and servant to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Chelsea have not accepted his resignation, talks are continuing

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_4134439,00.html

Never one of my favourite players, but a great servant to the club.

Huge loss if Clarke goes. Unsung hero over last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4134830,00.html

Looks like he's going. Huge loss. Very important to the players and club. Look back to the Champions League final - it was him and Terry that we're giving the players the talk before extra time and pens.

Big loss, especially coming up to such a vital time in the season. Big games coming up,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Yeah huge, huge loss for the club. It was obvious to see the players had a great connection with him. Wish em all the best at West Ham though.

According to the mail Scolari said he is going to sign a free agent to replace him,
    anyone have any ideas who that might be?
    Who are the possibilities ? Appiah? Viera?
    or amybe a few south americans?

According to the mail Scolari said he is going to sign a free agent to replace him,
    anyone have any ideas who that might be?
    Who are the possibilities ? Appiah? Viera?
    or amybe a few south americans?
    For Essien? Hope not and seriously doubt it.

For Essien? Hope not and seriously doubt it.

without Essien you're seriously light for the holding midfielder type. Mikel can do it but it isn't his natural game. worth a punt on a free agent imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Wouldve thought Mikel was the holding player. And Essien a box-to-box player.

Just the way its seemed ti me the past 12 months.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement