Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

a timely rest and recoup is in proper order after todays game.
    hopefully we can pick ourselves up for the FA cup game against stoke on the 7th. then home to west ham, id be confident of getting the right result there, and then confidence up for the Inter game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

papagormo wrote: »
    a timely rest and recoup is in proper order after todays game.
    hopefully we can pick ourselves up for the FA cup game against stoke on the 7th. then home to west ham, id be confident of getting the right result there, and then confidence up for the Inter game.

A kick up the f*cking arse for a few of our lads too... Jesus, it was a bloody nightmare today.

It is now back to being very much a 3-horse race. Arsenal only 3 points behind us now and United trailing by 1... Horrible...

Again, like the previous meeting between Chels and Man City, the players lost their cool big time; how Belletti wasn't sent off back in December for his lunge on, ironically, Wayne Bridge, I'll never know. And today the frustration and anger boiled over and saw us reduced to 9 men.

Big time trouble looms ahead:

-Lead at top of league trimmed
    -Behind in CL Tie (away goal, yes I know)
    -Injuries
    -Suspensions...

Football Gods conspiring against us...:(

i know what u mean by kick up the ar$e, heres hoping that the return of the likes of boswinga/essien/zhirkov and maybe down the line A.Cole brings about a rejunivation of the team.
    i think recoup in the sense that defence need to sit down and discuss what exactly needs sorting out back there. they are all over the place in the last few games, its going beyond a joke. i hate to say it but, maybe alex is due a run out ahead of the man at the centre of attention..his head is not in the game, judging by todays performance especially. im not in agreeance with playing malouda LB either, belletti surely was jsut as capable to play there today.
    midfield, get essien motoring again as soon as possible, ballack needs to be benched, simple as.
    good to see joe cole get a decent game going, surprised he got taken off.
    this title could very easily slip away from our grasp in the coming weeks, we are within touching distance, now is not the time for any more slip ups.

Arsenal have arguably one of the handiest run-ins they will ever have and they could yet cause the shock of the season.

Man Utd will also be out looking for the title, chance to overtake the Pool.

Title can slip so easily...

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good shout about Arsenal i reckon Daz

they have quite a nice run in

I have to say i enjoyed that match immensly today, and its nice to see the boards curse work again, ill be back for the next game

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Good shout about Arsenal i reckon Daz

they have quite a nice run in

I have to say i enjoyed that match immensly today, and its nice to see the boards curse work again, ill be back for the next game

Aw please dont...

My mates got great enjoyment out of my drunken blubbering after Fenerbache beat Chelsea in the CL two seasons ago (don't ask)... I can only imagine the blubbering if Chels don't win something this season!!! Will need to be committed to a nice funny farm for a while I'd say!....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

DazMarz wrote: »
    A

-Lead at top of league trimmed
    -Behind in CL Tie (away goal, yes I know)
    -Injuries
    -Suspensions...

Football Gods conspiring against us...:(

Not Football Gods - only one of those is not Chelsea's own fault tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Johner wrote: »
    I honestly agree.

Hilario just isn't good enough to replace Cech. Granted Cech hasn't been great this year but he has found form and we are going to miss him big time I reckon.

Terry's head is all over the place, he is making too many errors and its effecting the defense. Cole injured but Zhirkov should be back soon so hopefully when we get a back 4 playing together and the errors will be cut out. Terry is worrying though.

Ballack needs to go, seriously he gives us absolutely nothing. Mikel was shocking today he is too hit and miss to start every game but with Essien back soon that is a huge boost for us.

I'm honestly worried and it's not just because this game, we have lost 5 games and any other year that wouldn't be good enough to win the league.

Agree about Ballack but don't think Mikel was shocking, the header back to a city player was poor but Terry and Carvalho should have dealt with it, for the second City goal all our defence decided to play up front so it was left 1v1 with Bellamy, in possession was very good and is getting more involved in the last few games.

Why was Sturridge playing on the right??? he's left footed, Anelka was better today but still not as his best. Malouda did ok too.
    Carlo says it was a loss of balance that affected us, well who maid the subs then????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Thanks Chelsea for a good laugh :D:D:D

blinding wrote: »

We aim to please....

• Advertisement

rob green allowed to leave
    sneaky bid should hilario decide leave in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

blinding wrote: »

Special mention has to go to Hilário, that was deadful yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Iolar wrote: »
    There will be a fairly large exodus come summer lads,there are certain players who aren't up to the job anymore,some i dare say aren't fit to wear the Chelsea shirt

My friend, and housemate told me of an article in The Times (Uk) which claimes that we already had a deal done for three of the biggest up and coming youngsters in the world as well as Hamsik coming this summer,

can anyone spread any light on that?

He mentioned Otsil but wasn't sure and maybe Subotovic, I will take a look now

Hamsik has signed a new deal with Napoli.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well Yesterday was a complete and utter embarrassment ,

Ballack should be fined and banned for few weeks for what he done yesterday , and then there is his performance , we have so many youngsters sitting on the sideline only itching to get involved and yet this pile of poo gets his game nearly every week.

I said it before the game and stand by it , JT needs to be dropped or "rested " for a few games. I think his presence along with the media circus the surrounds him now is very disruptive for the hole squad.

We got played off the park in the second half yesterday , once again Lampard anonymous , Joe cole prob had his best game since he came back .

I am really really worried for what the rest of the season has in store for Chelsea now .

Rooney is in his pomp at the moment and banging them in for fun , had an excellent game for Man u today on coming off the bench.

We seem to be static going forward and I cant see how things are going to change is we keep playing the likes of Ballack .

I am prob talking a load of rubbish as my blood is still boiling after yesterday , another thing that has me worried is CA tactics , were still playing very narrow and he does not seem to be able to change things during a game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Jesus Lads us Chelsea fans will have to up our game on this site , Last night found both me and CHD posting in the Man U thread as there is feck all happening in here !

Also if there is any Tickets left people with 46 loyalty points or more can buy a ticket for the Inter Milan match from 7 in the morning ! FLights are only 63 with Air Finglas to heathrow.

Daz do you have enough points to pick up a ticket if you are not going ?
    I know Shoulder Chip was looking for one and I would take another if I could get my hands on it.

Is any one here heading over ? Its going to be epic with Jose's homecoming and I reckon the first team got a serious kick in the arse after that abomination on Saturday afternoon !

Hate to say it but the egg chasing rescued my weekend after what I was witness too against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I can't get that day off. :( Going to miss the first day of Cheltenham but at least I'll be able to watch the match on the box.

Heading over with a mate for the Stoke match at the weekend. Anyone else heading? Tempted to pick up a ticket for the Villa match as well.

I can't get that day off. :( Going to miss the first day of Cheltenham but at least I'll be able to watch the match on the box.

Heading over with a mate for the Stoke match at the weekend. Anyone else heading? Tempted to pick up a ticket for the Villa match as well.

I have a ticket for stoke , just got it for the 5 loyalty points :o !

How are you heading over ? Might head over now .

Im a hoping to pick up 3 tickets for the Villa home match as my birthday is on the 29th so my self and two of the boys are going to go over and tear it up :)

Daz do you have enough points to pick up a ticket if you are not going ?
    I know Shoulder Chip was looking for one and I would take another if I could get my hands on it.

Doubt I'll have enough loyalty points to pick one up (have like over 30 at the min, but nowhere near enough before they get sold out I reckon).

Couldn't get day off work to go to game anyway, as it turns out. Half promised a mate of mine I'd pick them up a ticket if I could get one, but I doubt it's gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Daz did Fred get sorted?

CHD wrote: »
    Daz did Fred get sorted?

Yeah, we both got sorted out in the end. Both our accounts are back online and no problems... Thank fúck! Haha.

Phew! Good stuff.

Phew! Good stuff.

You're telling me... haha. As they say in poker: ''There's always a sweat''.

Hopefully grab another game or two before the season's out now... Haha.

You're telling me... haha. As they say in poker: ''There's always a sweat''.

Hopefully grab another game or two before the season's out now... Haha.
    When I spin the couple of hundred quid I have online in teh pokoerz I will be onto you :D

When I spin the couple of hundred quid I have online in teh pokoerz I will be onto you :D

Cool cool. just let me know and I can sort it out. Might research getting tickets for Man U game, cos I know a guy who has season tickets and would be more than happy to have us over. They'd be in the thick of the Manc fans, so sit on your hands, ffs. Hahaha.

Cool cool. just let me know and I can sort it out. Might research getting tickets for Man U game, cos I know a guy who has season tickets and would be more than happy to have us over. They'd be in the thick of the Manc fans, so sit on your hands, ffs. Hahaha.
    I'd be killed. I really can't do that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Got me tickets for the Villa match today.

I'd be killed. I really can't do that.

I can imagine... I'd be something similar I'd say... But sure we'll see! Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

you know the only positive i could take from the city game was that the fans who were still there with 20 minutes to go , were the real fans, it was embarassing how many left (despite the random refereeing decisions which i was convincing myself was going to see us get 3 penalties in the closing moments) :-) , but tbh, it felt like the old days... losing a game at home , playing sh1te and singing til the end.

Agree with the ballack comments, although i thought he wasn't as negative as usual, he did make some forward passes. Anelka is lost out on the wings, cole should have stayed on and kalou on for anelka would have make more sense to me, and i can't figure out why a long ball over the top to drogba which has worked for us time after time wasn't employed all the time with JC and Anelka beside him. Feel sorry for Hilario, blow to the confidence that was!

Milan looking a bit scarier now.

Where do you lot go drinking when you're over?

growler wrote: »
    you know the only positive i could take from the city game was that the fans who were still there with 20 minutes to go , were the real fans, it was embarassing how many left (despite the random refereeing decisions which i was convincing myself was going to see us get 3 penalties in the closing moments) :-) , but tbh, it felt like the old days... losing a game at home , playing sh1te and singing til the end.

Agree with the ballack comments, although i thought he wasn't as negative as usual, he did make some forward passes. Anelka is lost out on the wings, cole should have stayed on and kalou on for anelka would have make more sense to me, and i can't figure out why a long ball over the top to drogba which has worked for us time after time wasn't employed all the time with JC and Anelka beside him. Feel sorry for Hilario, blow to the confidence that was!

Milan looking a bit scarier now.

Where do you lot go drinking when you're over?

Agree... In all my time of going to matches (of any kind, GAA, football, etc.) I've never left early, even if my team was getting stuffed royally. I hate people leaving early, smacks of armchair fans on a day out to me, tbh.

Inter look far scarier now, I have to say. I'd hope and pray for a victory there on the 16th, but it will be no cake-walk.

If I was going to go for a few drinks, I tend to avoid SO-BAR like the plague; very hysterical and anti-Irish songs in there, so I'm not a huge fan. Chateau 6 just opposite Fulham Broadway Station is my usual haunt over there before games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

did that lad in Napoli sign a new contract then?

kryogen wrote: »
    did that lad in Napoli sign a new contract then?

Looks like it...

Agree... In all my time of going to matches (of any kind, GAA, football, etc.) I've never left early, even if my team was getting stuffed royally. I hate people leaving early, smacks of armchair fans on a day out to me, tbh.

Inter look far scarier now, I have to say. I'd hope and pray for a victory there on the 16th, but it will be no cake-walk.

If I was going to go for a few drinks, I tend to avoid SO-BAR like the plague; very hysterical and anti-Irish songs in there, so I'm not a huge fan. Chateau 6 just opposite Fulham Broadway Station is my usual haunt over there before games.

It disgust's me to see people leaving early in a game when we are wining , even more so when were getting beaten .

Inter look a huge task now , I'd say JM will be studying the video of the City game chuckling away to himself . He prob has a list of weak points to focus on now.

I have been in So-Bar many a time and have never been subject to any abuse or heard anti Irish songs. They dont really teach them about the troubles in English schools and a lot of English folk I know actually wondered why some Irish people had a gripe with them. In saying all that SO-Bar is completely off the hook , if you really want to get caught up in the atmosphere and passion of the game a trip in here will be sure to please.

If I am with the OH or non Chelsea supporters I tend to go Lyollds Bar upstairs in the Fulham Broadway shopping center. Only people with match tickets or club memberships allowed in , I think that goes for most places.

There Is an Irish bar called Brogans just down to the right of Fulham Broadway and thats another good spot .Chateau 6 I have not been to before , but I will drop in on my next visit over to the bridge.

I have 50 points so I am hoping that I get a chance to pick up a tickets in the morning .

Daz if you can still get yourself a ticket for the Stoke game , I would get it for the 5 loyalty points alone, as if we do make it through against Inter they will be looking for a lot of points to be in with a sniff of getting tickets.

My only plus from the Man City is that Ballack will be banned for a game , I hope the FA cup is not included in that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

I was at the game on Saturday and very few people around me left early but of course they were the ones that were still singing even at 4-1 down.

It was a poor performance all round and tactics were all wrong and what has happened to YJC, he has been shocking since returning from injury and on this form he will struggle to make the England squad for the WC.

On another note I think Carlo could have saved JT and left him out to spoil the media frenzy that went on around the game. I missed the non hand shake at the start as I was stuck in the queues outside, that system is a pain in the face when you get near kick off and I was there in plenty of time.

• Advertisement

Mad Dog wrote: »
    I was at the game on Saturday and very few people around me left early but of course they were the ones that were still singing even at 4-1 down.

It was a poor performance all round and tactics were all wrong and what has happened to YJC, he has been shocking since returning from injury and on this form he will struggle to make the England squad for the WC.

On another note I think Carlo could have saved JT and left him out to spoil the media frenzy that went on around the game. I missed the non hand shake at the start as I was stuck in the queues outside, that system is a pain in the face when you get near kick off and I was there in plenty of time.

I thought YJC had one of his better games since his come back , this and the wolves games.

Completely agree about JT , had he not of played it would of taken the emphasis away from Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads, although a contributing factor JT cant be the sole cause of recent performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

redout wrote: »
    Lads, although a contributing factor JT cant be the sole cause of recent performances.

Hilario having the agility of a pensioner has a good bit to do with it as well.

flahavaj wrote: »

Hilario only played the last league game though.

Chelsea's last 5 league games reads:

2 Wins
    2 Losses
    1 Draw

Who said he was?

• Advertisement

Hilario only played the last league game though.

Chelsea's last 5 league games reads:

2 Wins
    2 Losses
    1 Draw

I thought I was agreeing with you.:pac:

Well he has been at fault for a lot of goals now at this stage ,

Everton :

Inter : (May not be completely at fault here , but JT on top of his game would not be sold the way he was for the opener )

Man City :

With the media circus surrounding him , its bound to be unsettling for the whole squad.

Injuries are also down to the recent slump :

Essien : Major loss

Ashley Cole : Major Loss but Yuri could cover him

Yuri Zhirkov : Major loss with Ashley already gone

Boswinga : Big loss but have cover for him ,but have lost a lot going forward without him

Peter Cech : Major Loss , as we seen on Saturday , although I have faith in Hillario, a good keeper does not suddenly turn bad over night, hopefully he can come good again after Saturdays horror show.

Joe Cole : Although he is now back from injury , he is no where near what he was before he got injured, hopefully he hits his stride before the season is done for us.

Who said he was?

Nobody has said it per se but several posts over the last few pages have criticised JT and some called for him to be dropped. This can easily be perceived as being a reason of recent performances.

flahavaj wrote: »

I mite be wrong but he played against Liverpool and was Man of the Match

He appears to have lost his positional sense since then, as well as the ability to actually stop rather weakly struck efforts on goal.

They were saying on Chelsea TV that Essien is the best person for the holding role, but I think he's at his best when he makes those runs forward.
    The best of luck to Van Anolt, who will be supplying cover for us at Left back

Nobody has said it per se but several posts over the last few pages have criticised JT and some called for him to be dropped. This can easily be perceived as being a reason of recent performances.

Well,Ballack for starters shouldn't be anywhere near the team imo, he is a liability, he gives us absolutely nothing.

Well,Ballack for starters shouldn't be anywhere near the team imo, he is a liability, he gives us absolutely nothing.

Genuinely, has he ever been any good for ye?

He did, and he was immense that day. I've no idea what the hell happened to him on Saturday. Jumpiness got to him or something. I dunno...

Where is Deco?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement