Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Well,Ballack for starters shouldn't be anywhere near the team imo, he is a liability, he gives us absolutely nothing.

Completely agree , he needs to be got rid of , quick smart.

Utterly disgusted when I heard he got a year contract extension .

He is lazy , shows no passion , seems to be more occupied with arguing with the ref and the opposition, a complete and utter waste of over £100K a week .

I absolutely hate him, although cant see CA dropping him , the Italians seem to have a mentality towards more "experienced" players even if they are many years past it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

flahavaj wrote: »
    Genuinely, has he ever been any good for ye?

I remember him scoring a header to get us into the latter stages of the CL one year, other than that, NO I dont think he has ever been good for us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

smuckers wrote:
    Where is Deco?
    Australia Hopefully.

Tactics are to blame not JT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

One thing about Ballack; shirt sales in the German market alone make the club a fúcking fortune. He is still a God in Germany and the club actually makes a profit on him thanks to the German market, or so I've heard.

Deco is injured.

This is gonna be a tense run-in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Johner wrote: »
    Well,Ballack for starters shouldn't be anywhere near the team imo, he is a liability, he gives us absolutely nothing.

The chap is 33. I wouldnt be expecting much out of him at this stage of his career to be honest. Kind of like Scholes at United. Who would replace him though if he were dropped ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CHD wrote: »
    Australia Hopefully.

Tactics are to blame not JT

Any time I've see ye play ye've looked better playing 4-3-3 rather than the diamond. But it means dropping Anelka, who's had a good season.

Iolar wrote: »
    Tbh there is plenty more in that team that need a good hard swift kick up the hole,why wont he blood younger players to get more expierence such as Kakuta etc
    Because if we blood more youngsters then we lose more games.

Any time I've see ye play ye've looked better playing 4-3-3 rather than the diamond. But it means dropping Anelka, who's had a good season.
    I have said it since the start. The 4-5-1/4-3-3 is the only way we can dominate and we would if we did it.

• Advertisement

Jack Cork or Conor Clifford would offer far more to the first team than that German twat.

I have said it since the start. The 4-5-1/4-3-3 is the only way we can dominate and we would if we did it.

I defo agree with this. This is not a team that plays a diamond. 4-5-1 is my fave tbh. Dominate in the middle, feed the lone striker and grind it out.

Jack Cork or Conor Clifford would offer far more to the first team than that German twat.

Amazing how that could easily backfire; as good as they may be, lash them into the middle of a league game and they could freeze up, or worse, pick up a serious injury and be fúcked up.

Chelsea have a complete lack of width , I would rather see Anelka up with Drogba as he seems to be lost out on the flanks and does not provide the required width.

Our approach play is very slow and extremely narrow, I dare say teams enjoy loading the middle of the park and watching us pass the ball around the half way line for 10 minutes going no where.

I know Malouda has it in him and so does YJC, I would love to see these two bombing down the wings tormenting defenders with Anelka and Drogs waiting in the box to pounce on anything that comes near them.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Amazing how that could easily backfire; as good as they may be, lash them into the middle of a league game and they could freeze up, or worse, pick up a serious injury and be fúcked up.

IT could but anything has to be better than that German waste of space. At least the lads would show the passion that would make them deserving to wear the jersey as well as give ballack a timely kick in the Arse.

Its the most annoying thing in world to watch him when at a game , he just plods about the park , might make 3-4 runs in a good game.

Even his passing has gone poor , he used to be able to play a nice simple pass but against Cardiff (I think ) he was misplacing 10,20,30 yard passes.

• Advertisement

There's no quick fix to this, tbh. It's just a bad run, and unfortunately it had come at the wrong time. Tactics need to be severely looked at and I really think that if we have to sacrifice the FA Cup for the League/Champs League, so be it too. Ballack has defo slid down a lot in my estimation, but at 33, we cant be expecting as much from him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i hate to say it gents, but i dont see Carlo playing too many youngsters at the one time, judging by his time at Milan.
    its a real shame, some serious talent are on the wings, in an ideal world the likes of Ballack/Deco/Belletti to name but a few would be shown the door once and for all, and the younger lads could gain some valuable 1st team expericence playing alongside our more influentical senior players, Lampard, Drogba etc.
    would be great to see the likes of Borini, Kakuta and Stoch let loose in the premiership, playing alongside the likes of Sturridge etc. id imagine they would be a real handful for any team.
    i think for the rest of this season, the best we have to look forward to in terms of an end to this run we seem to be on will be the return of Essien, Boswinga and Yuri. hopefully they will ignite the spark back into the team so we can push on to the finish line in 1st place.

There's no quick fix to this, tbh. It's just a bad run, and unfortunately it had come at the wrong time. Tactics need to be severely looked at and I really think that if we have to sacrifice the FA Cup for the League/Champs League, so be it too. Ballack has defo slid down a lot in my estimation, but at 33, we cant be expecting as much from him...

Is this not our second bad run of the season ?

Tactics I agree need to be changed, CA cant seem to change the course of a game mid flow which is very worrying .

Is this not our second bad run of the season ?

Tactics I agree need to be changed, CA cant seem to change the course of a game mid flow which is very worrying .

Very much so, it appears. I've often baulked at subs he's made, such as against West Ham in December; 1-1 going into the last 20 mins. Brings on, instead of an attacker, a left back (Zhirkov). I think he had J. Cole, Borini and Sturridge (who he did bring on eventually) on the bench and didn't bring them on when it would have been advantageous to bring them on. Waited too long.

Seems to do that a lot, waits until the result is almost forgone before bringing on players who could have a positive effect on the game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Are we expecting too much from Ancelloti though? We've all seen his tactial flaws, long before he became Chelsea manager. One league title in 7/8 years with a top club is not great by any stretch of the imagination.

Have we got ourselves another Rafa? Some of his substitutions are shocking. Joe Cole looked the most likely to produce at the weekend,for the first time all season and he was taken off. Can't do his confidence any good. Sturridge was brought on and played completely out of position and had no impact on the match at all.

He obviously doesn't fancy anyone in DM position apart from Essien, so why prevail with it when he's injured. Mikel is a liability and played his part in both of the goals. It was shocking to see him trot alongside Bellamy half the length of the pitch without attempting a tackle.

We have our work cut out from here on in and if tactics and personnel aren't changed I think we'll finish the season empty handed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

so obviously ye should blood more youngsters so ye have an excuse when the league slips away :pac:

Stutter steps is all, I'm guessing it'll all balance out. But severe problems have been cracking open all across Chelsea and if a handle is not gotten on it soon, the whole thing could come crashing down. Hopefully this process has not begun already.......:(

kryogen wrote: »
    so obviously ye should blood more youngsters so ye have an excuse when the league slips away :pac:
    We will just blame JT!

We will just blame JT!

That might work...... him and that new stupid haircut. Makes him look more of a prick/thug than he is anyway... Great footballer (well, that's up for debate at the min), but Jesus, what an ass...

We will just blame JT!

Although I would like to blame him , I still highly rate him as a player !

Blame the German Twat I say

Toni Terry must have got him that hair cut , I reckon she is ruling the roost at home , by all accounts she is a bit of a chav herself and that most certainly is a Chav's hair-doo

he got a new hair cut?

pfft... hardly big news, not like when becks used to change the ould style back in the day

I would be very surprised if Chelsea were to lose this title from here, Arsenal have the easiest run in but i expect them to......well bottle it for want of a better word, and ourselves? sure we could beat ye and then go out and drop points to Sunderland the next week so not feeling over confident yet

It just keeps getting better :

Deco wont be around much longer , I know the sun is the source but there aint no smoke without fire.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2873519/Deco-asks-to-leave-Chelsea.html

Why do these players even bother signing contracts these days ?

TheSun wrote:
    It is another blow to the Blues

lol

It's a boost

so is Deco liked by the Chelsea fans this season then? im sorry i just cant keep up

sure he is 32 now and only has a year left anyway, shouldnt ye be shipping out players like himself and Ballack and co to make way for the next generation?

so is Deco liked by the Chelsea fans this season then? im sorry i just cant keep up

sure he is 32 now and only has a year left anyway, shouldnt ye be shipping out players like himself and Ballack and co to make way for the next generation?
    Fans don't like him. Don't hate him, just not bothered and don't want to see him play in crucial matches.

• Advertisement

Deco is a legendary footballer, make no mistake about it. But his best years are well behind him. He can still pull the odd moment of magic from the bag, but at a major team, the odd moment isn't enough. He should be allowed to move out if he wants.

No , he was not too complimentary about the club during the summer when looking to leave.

another bloody mercenary , good riddins to bad rubbish.

In saying that I thought he had one or two good games in the holding role this season.

Just looking at Chelsea chat there and one of the lads made a good point : we need to get rid of the idea of untouchable players in the Chelsea squad.

If the boys know there name will always be on the team sheet no matter what type of form they are in ,or the shenanigans they get up to off the field there wont be much of a change in performance or attitudes .

Fans don't like him. Don't hate him, just not bothered and don't want to see him play in crucial matches.

Again another player who does not show the passion or commitment deserving of wearing the Jersey . Just plods along although not as badly as the german twat.

Only Lampard should be untouchable. Rest are droppable. I just me a new word :)

Defo a good point there: some players just know they'll saunter out onto the pitch and still pull on the jersey come match day, regardless. We need players fighting to get onto the team. Personally, what I've seen, the likes of Kakuta, Clifford, et al defo deserve more of a chance, tbh.

I'm also a huge fan of Fabio Borini. The first time I saw him play live was against Portsmouth in December and in that game, he was on for the last 20 mins and he was sooooo unlucky not to get two goals; one shaved the far post, another was a long range screamer that was only inches wide. He's fast, strong and really put his heart into it. He looks the part and I really wish he'd get more of a run, especially if a game is slipping away.

A lot of rumbling's about CA on chelsea chat also.

Tactics being the major gripe along with subbing YJC when he seemed like the only Chelsea player on the park capable of doing something special.

I will judge CA at the end of the season , this month is now the major stress test for him and Chelsea

Man U will more than likely go back on top this weekend when we face a tough test from a decent stoke team that will casue lots of problems with Rory Delaps long throw in's.

Then a london Derby against West Ham who willing be fighting tooth and nail to stay in the EPL.

Huge game against Inter with the master back at the bridge

Then away to Blackburn side who have beaten us there already this season

Game against Pompy away if there still in business , I believe HMRC have them back in court in the morning as they are not happy about the club being let go into administration.

Then a nice handy home game against Villa side that are looking really good.

The Season could be made this March or it could be all over come the end of March.

Be a brave man to call the outcome of the month.

I know CHD will go for 6 wins all with a 2-3 wining goal margin :D

I bloody wish !

United will drop as many points as us. I'm worried about Arsenal.

This is make or break time, a time when the men will stand up and be. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Ironic, January, allegedly going to be our hardest month turned out to be a cakewalk. February turned into our living fúcking nightmare. Let's hope March follows in January's suit.

United will drop as many points as us. I'm worried about Arsenal.

I wish I could share your confidence , this is the time of the season they always kick on , and with Rooney on fire too

• Advertisement

Man United are always good at this time of the season, always plough into 4th and then 5th gear... Threatening everything. Arsenal, very much a danger, given their run-in. Tighter than............ well.....;)

A lot of rumbling's about CA on chelsea chat also.

Tactics being the major gripe along with subbing YJC when he seemed like the only Chelsea player on the park capable of doing something special.

I will judge CA at the end of the season , this month is now the major stress test for him and Chelsea

Man U will more than likely go back on top this weekend when we face a tough test from a decent stoke team that will casue lots of problems with Rory Delaps long throw in's.

Then a london Derby against West Ham who willing be fighting tooth and nail to stay in the EPL.

Huge game against Inter with the master back at the bridge

Then away to Blackburn side who have beaten us there already this season

Game against Pompy away if there still in business , I believe HMRC have them back in court in the morning as they are not happy about the club being let go into administration.

Then a nice handy home game against Villa side that are looking really good.

The Season could be made this March or it could be all over come the end of March.

Be a brave man to call the outcome of the month.

I know CHD will go for 6 wins all with a 2-3 wining goal margin :D

I bloody wish !

Jasus just noticed our next game after Villa is Man U away !!!

3rd of April is D-Day... Big time.

-Chelsea Win: :D

-United Win: :(

-Draw: Arsenal Fans: :D

Whoever wins that, could easily be the champions. A draw could throw the title to North London.

3rd of April is D-Day... Big time.

-Chelsea Win: :D

-United Win: :(

-Draw: Arsenal Fans: :D

Whoever wins that, could easily be the champions. A draw could throw the title to North London.

Arsenal wont be involved at that stage though

Arsenal wont be involved at that stage though

Jesus, I wouldn't go that far, man, tbh... With the list of games they have, the way they seem to be playing at the min... They could easily come from behind with a huge surge and become the shocker winners yet. Tho I can still see them choking up at the crucial stage, they could just man up and shock us all!

After over two hours o trying I managed to get a ticket for the Inter match :D

Strange thing is that when I refreshed my page for 2000th time I reckon, that it just had an option for one ticket priced at £35 . Only when I selected the amount did it show me that it was in the East Lower Family section, now the page did not have the usual individual family tickets purchased in this area will be cancelled section so I am hoping it will be all good !

• Advertisement

Excellent point made on chelsea chat this morning .

*The swearaotron system replaces the foul language with Cockney slang as its a family friendly site*
    'Deco asks to leave Chelsea'' oh well, seeing as you've been
    such a facking servant to the club fella, why not...

cattle trucking cheek off the bloke, £8million the spacky little bar steward cost - how the cattle truck are we going to recoup that from some button shuffling brazilian outfit?

This squad needs a cattle trucking tidal wave sweeping through it in the summer, in terms of attitude, age and ability - but fack me, we're not a charity

Iolar wrote: »
    who is YJC lads?

Joe Cole , dont know why he is called YJC , prob stands for Young Joe Cole and the name seems to have stuck with him on the Chelsea chat forum.

I hope your ticket is all good for this game, pistols... If not, just latch onto some family that's going in anyway! Hahahaha!

Just rang the Club there now, Lovely lady by the name of Sophie informs me that they are allowing normal adult ticket sales in the family area for the game :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement