Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just rang the Club there now, Lovely lady by the name of Sophie informs me that they are allowing normal adult ticket sales in the family area for the game :D

Yeeha... very much so. Nice one, man..

Might be able to swing myself a ticket for the game now... Camp outside the box office if not! Haha.:D

Tickets for Chelsea vs. Internazionale Milano are now confirmed SOLD OUT. Hadn't seriously intended heading over, but I was trying to get a couple for a friend of a friend. That's kinda gone now... Looking forward to the game tho. Should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Excellent point made on chelsea chat this morning .

*The swearaotron system replaces the foul language with Cockney slang as its a family friendly site*

lots of cattle trucking going on there

are there lots of farmers on that site?

DazMarz wrote: »
    Jesus, I wouldn't go that far, man, tbh... With the list of games they have, the way they seem to be playing at the min... They could easily come from behind with a huge surge and become the shocker winners yet. Tho I can still see them choking up at the crucial stage, they could just man up and shock us all!

positive thinking my friend

in my head neither Arsenal nor your lot will be involved at that stage ;)

one horse race ftw!

kryogen wrote: »
    positive thinking my friend

in my head neither Arsenal nor your lot will be involved at that stage ;)

one horse race ftw!

Not quite a race then... is it, squire??? Lol...:D

Nah, it'll be a bitter war of attrition between the remaining three, IMO. Ironic, Arsenal were supposed to be gone when Chelsea stuffed them in the Bridge... But back they've come and with the easiest run in of any of us... Great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

a rare bit of sense from Martin Samuels (who i usually despise) on the Terry Booooooo Saga

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1254966/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Its-time-boo-boys-stopped-hanging-John-Terry-dry-.html?ITO=1490

The moral to this story, then, is do not commit adultery. No, wait, it can't be because David Beckham is adored by the Wembley crowd and he was at it with Rebecca Loos. Right, the moral to this story is if you are going to commit adultery, make sure your wife is not a singer with a popular girl band. No, scratch that. Hold on, let me think. Aha, the moral to this story is, if you're going to commit adultery don't do it on your doorstep, with the ex of a team-mate or, say, a personal assistant. Damn, nearly had it that time. Look, let's just say that the moral to this story is if you're going to commit adultery, first make sure you are David Beckham or people are going to take a pretty dim view of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

to be fair, it doesn't help that Terry isn't the most pleasant of individuals in the first place.

in the words of Craig Bellamy, 'everyone knows what he's like'. obviously they do, and the media took this story as a means to go for the jugular.

as opposed to Beckham, whose a good guy by all accounts.

that seems rather simplistic, but genuinely, i think that's why he's been so vilified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

SlickRic wrote: »
    in the words of Craig Bellamy, 'everyone knows what he's like'. obviously they do, and the media took this story as a means to go for the jugular.

That's rich coming from Bellamy. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

to be fair, it doesn't help that Terry isn't the most pleasant of individuals in the first place.

as opposed to Beckham, whose a good guy by all accounts.

that seems rather simplistic, but genuinely, i think that's why he's been so vilified.

Could be. When Craig Bellamy is the moral high ground you're pretty close to the bottom feeders :D

If you're going to commit adultery, make sure you do it more discreetly. Don't do a John Terry/Ashley Cole/Tony Soprano on it and flaunt it. Do it very much on the sly!

But I agree with Ric here; apart from Chelsea fans (even then, some Chelsea fans despise him) John Terry is not a loved figure. He is out and out despised by an awful lot of people. As an RTE Sports Reporter said to me, "He's a bóllocks to all those around him at Chelsea; nasty to the staff and to everyone. Not a nice man." I still have an awful lot of time for him as 'Il Capodecima' of Chelsea, but as a person I have very little time for him.

• Advertisement

But I agree with Ric here; apart from Chelsea fans (even then, some Chelsea fans despise him) John Terry is not a loved figure. He is out and out despised by an awful lot of people. As an RTE Sports Reporter said to me, "He's a bóllocks to all those around him at Chelsea; nasty to the staff and to everyone. Not a nice man." I still have an awful lot of time for him as 'Il Capodecima' of Chelsea, but as a person I have very little time for him.

Agreed. Just because you support a team doesn't mean you buy into everything about that team. Only player on the current team I really like is Essien. I admire most of them but he's the only one I've warmed to. Before him Desailly and Zola - I go back a bit!

bullpost wrote: »
    Agreed. Just because you support a team doesn't mean you buy into everything about that team. Only player on the current team I really like is Essien. I admire most of them but he's the only one I've warmed to. Before him Desailly and Zola - I go back a bit!

At the same time, I've a lot of respect for Lampard. He's done things in the past that smack of utter gobshítery, but he seems to be a sound guy and is supposed to be of genius level intelligence (even if he has thrown common sense out the window at times).

But it is something that has often been thrown at footballers in this day and age: that they are nothing more than overpaid, ignorant and overall nasty people who, if it were not for football, would most likely be in prison today...... Or at least giving me fries with that...

At the same time, I've a lot of respect for Lampard. He's done things in the past that smack of utter gobshítery, but he seems to be a sound guy and is supposed to be of genius level intelligence (even if he has thrown common sense out the window at times).

But it is something that has often been thrown at footballers in this day and age: that they are nothing more than overpaid, ignorant and overall nasty people who, if it were not for football, would most likely be in prison today...... Or at least giving me fries with that...
    Yep - I do like Lampard. He's done some bad stuff in past but who at that age hasn't - not me! Ashley Cole is someone who I've warmed to purely based on his immense performances for us. Didn't like him when he came but he's won me over. Again he's not someone I'd look forward to going for a few pint with though.

Yep - I do like Lampard. He's done some bad stuff in past but who at that age hasn't - not me! Ashley Cole is someone who I've warmed to purely based on his immense performances for us. Didn't like him when he came but he's won me over. Again he's not someone I'd look forward to going for a few pint with though.

If he brings them slappers of women he's been screwing, I'd gladly go for a pint....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If you're going to commit adultery, make sure you do it more discreetly. Don't do a John Terry/Ashley Cole/Tony Soprano on it and flaunt it. Do it very much on the sly!

As much as Terry is a idiot he does not treat players and staff badly. He is actually a brilliant captain in that sense. Helps the young lads and is there for everyone. Only good thing about him.

growler wrote: »
    a rare bit of sense from Martin Samuels (who i usually despise) on the Terry Booooooo Saga

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1254966/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Its-time-boo-boys-stopped-hanging-John-Terry-dry-.html?ITO=1490

The moral to this story, then, is do not commit adultery. No, wait, it can't be because David Beckham is adored by the Wembley crowd and he was at it with Rebecca Loos. Right, the moral to this story is if you are going to commit adultery, make sure your wife is not a singer with a popular girl band. No, scratch that. Hold on, let me think. Aha, the moral to this story is, if you're going to commit adultery don't do it on your doorstep, with the ex of a team-mate or, say, a personal assistant. Damn, nearly had it that time. Look, let's just say that the moral to this story is if you're going to commit adultery, first make sure you are David Beckham or people are going to take a pretty dim view of it

right, cause Becks has never been booed everywhere but Old Trafford before

short memories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Johner wrote: »
    That's rich coming from Bellamy. :p
    Could be. When Craig Bellamy is the moral high ground you're pretty close to the bottom feeders :D

the fact bellamy said it has nothing to do with how true his statement is.

OJ Simpson could have said it, it wouldn't make it any less true.

to be honest it'll eventually blow over i reckon. but Terry may need to achieve something 'big' with England for it to happen.

Beckham had the Greece game where he was ultimately forgiven by the British public and media.

Terry may need to have a similar impact on England's fortunes for people to let him away with it. it's just the reality of how fickle us football fans can be.

the fact bellamy said it has nothing to do with how true his statement is.

OJ Simpson could have said it, it wouldn't make it any less true.

I never said it wasn't. Most Chelsea fans realize Terry is a bit of an arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

A girl I lived with for a year who's father was quite high up in the Chelsea PR department (or something like that, dont remember his positon exactly) was at some corporate event that the Chelsea players also attended and had some "charming" stories to tell about Terry and co. Didn't come as a surprise to me that he's an adulterer tbh. The likes of Essien, Cech and Del Horno surprisingly featured in some stories as well!

• Advertisement

Archimedez wrote: »
    A girl I lived with for a year who's father was quite high up in the Chelsea PR department (or something like that, dont remember his positon exactly) was at some corporate event that the Chelsea players also attended and had some "charming" stories to tell about Terry and co. Didn't come as a surprise to me that he's an adulterer tbh. The likes of Essien, Cech and Del Horno surprisingly featured in some stories as well!

ORLY??

do tell

ORLY??

do tell

I'll send you a PM.

Libel and all that.

CHD wrote: »
    As much as Terry is a idiot he does not treat players and staff badly. He is actually a brilliant captain in that sense. Helps the young lads and is there for everyone. Only good thing about him.

I'm just saying what I've heard, from a reporter (one of the few I'd respect too, I'll add). He may have been using a bit of Chelsea-put-down hyperbole (as he watched my face fall further as he ran Chelsea down; he's a Spurs fan too!!!), but going on what I've heard about Terry, I wouldn't be surprised.

The way I look at it is that most of these guys, professional footballers, have voracious appetites for almost illicit things. With the money they have they can sate these hungers almost with complete impunity, and if they are caught, the chances of anything very serious happening to them (other than a little bit of tabloid mud) is almost nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'm so feckin sick of this jt saga, it's going on weeks now. No mention of bridges slut of a girlfriend or why she did the dirt on him. She's got away scot free.
    Give jt the weekend off, and hopefully Rooney will have been to his granny prostitutes again or gerrard will have slapped someone by the time our next game comes around!

I'm so feckin sick of this jt saga, it's going on weeks now. No mention of bridges slut of a girlfriend or why she did the dirt on him. She's got away scot free.
    Give jt the weekend off, and hopefully Rooney will have been to his granny prostitutes again or gerrard will have slapped someone by the time our next game comes around!

eh, she did get slated actually

what Rooney did or Gerrard did has nothing to do with JT and his actions so why bring them up

Kryogen has a point: what happened with JT has nothing to do with what happened with Rooney and Gerrard.

But Davestator's point was: for the media to forget about JT and his banging the woman slowly it will take another equally high-profile player to have a similar gaffe (be it a lá Rooney's grannies or a lá Gerrard's punch up).

The public has a very short memory on these things; once some other celeb scandal rears its ugly head, we can forget all about it.

• Advertisement

The media have jumped on this so much because Terry is England captain. You can guarantee that no matter when England get knocked out of the WC, it will be because of Terry's disruptive behaviour having a negative impact on the teams morale, or at least thats what the Sun, Star, Mail etc. will tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i cant believe gerrard getting in a bar fight is being compared to john terry-england captain, who the year after being voted dad of the year, cheated on his wife, wit his best mates girlfriend, his mate being an ex chelsea team mate, and current england one, then paid for her to have an abortion.

in fairness, its no surprise the media is all over Terry, its some ****ing story.

The media have jumped on this so much because Terry is England captain. You can guarantee that no matter when England get knocked out of the WC, it will be because of Terry's disruptive behaviour having a negative impact on the teams morale, or at least thats what the Sun, Star, Mail etc. will tell you.

Oh Fact!!

its a ready made excuse by the red tops

they will cream themselves if Cole breaks down and cant play in the WC or cant play all the games cause then they can say that Bridge would have won those games on his own had JT not fcuked things up there too

funnily enough, i was told by a journalist i know that they media have a file about 15" thick on JT but were not going to be reporting it as it was a WC year

And if England win it, how it was a master stroke by Capello to drop Terry as captain.

Big if though. ;):)

Oh Fact!!

its a ready made excuse by the red tops

they will cream themselves if Cole breaks down and cant play in the WC or cant play all the games cause then they can say that Bridge would have won those games on his own had JT not fcuked things up there too

funnily enough, i was told by a journalist i know that they media have a file about 15" thick on JT but were not going to be reporting it as it was a WC year
    TBF Warnock and Baines are better than Bridge. He didn't want to sit about in Africa or possibly be dropped cause he isn't needed.

• Advertisement

TBF Warnock and Baines are better than Bridge. He didn't want to sit about in Africa or possibly be dropped cause he isn't needed.

That wont stop The Sun and co. from claiming that England would have won the WC with Bridge though! ;)

The English media: love building up their home team only to rip them apart when they fail to win. It's a tried and tested formula at this stage, and now they have the perfect scapegoats and everything. It's sick shít, but it always happens and the sad part is we're not in the least surprised by it.

I still reckon that this England team will perform far better than most this year and could be looking at a very good year for English International Football.

i think i have to dispute that

Bridge has not been at the top of his game this season, but he is the better player then both of them oin my humble opinion when on form, Warnock is good and Baines is good, but Id rather have Bridge in my team if he was right physically and mentally

opinions i guess

i think i have to dispute that

Bridge has not been at the top of his game this season, but he is the better player then both of them oin my humble opinion when on form, Warnock is good and Baines is good, but Id rather have Bridge in my team if he was right physically and mentally

opinions i guess

It's shocking the gulf between the English left-backs at the moment:

-Ashley: on his form, up there with the world's best at the min (possibly Evra giving him a run for his money but he's French so that's not a concern for this debate)
    -Bridge: classy left back, England's 2nd best, but nowhere near Ashley at all.
    -Warnock: behind Bridge by a considerable length
    -Baines: Ditto

Unless Ashley gets his shít back together (physically and mentally) for the World Cup, Capello has a big worry on his hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bridge has been absolutely atrocious since he joined city, and before that well, he hardly played enough to notice.
    His "retirement" shouldn't even be relevant to England as he should be so far down the pecking order.
    To say Warnock or Baines are behind Bridge by a considerable length is absurd. The guy has become a shambles of a player.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i cant believe gerrard getting in a bar fight is being compared to john terry-england captain, who the year after being voted dad of the year, cheated on his wife, wit his best mates girlfriend, his mate being an ex chelsea team mate, and current england one, then paid for her to have an abortion.

in fairness, its no surprise the media is all over Terry, its some ****ing story.

Get out of it , its old news now.

I can imagine you at home with a issue of OK magazine reading up to see if Cheryl is ok after what has happened to her too !

Sick to death with it now , and I personally feel it has ruined what could of been an epic year for the club , but even if we do win something some folk will only want to remember it for the Terry story .

Lets face it, a lot of footballers have skeletons in there closets but this story is well and truly done .

I hope you all remember your moral high horses when a story breaks about a player from your club :P

'reading' a magazine that cheryl cole is in?! Doubt it. Masturbating furiously-Yes. Reading-No.

Until either...

a) Gerrard punches a team mate
    or
    b) Rooney fúcks a team mate's granny

...it wont be as bad as what Terry did.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

'reading' a magazine that cheryl cole is in?! Doubt it. Masturbating furiously-Yes. Reading-No.

Post of the year for me that is !

Meh, if Chelsea win something major this season, I'll probably be too gee-eyed to remember it anyway. And arrested for singing ''Cos we're super Chelsea, Super Chelsea F.C.'' at 3am trying to find my house... Hhahaha

• Advertisement

Until either...

or
    b) Rooney fúcks a team mate's granny

...it wont be as bad as what Terry did.

What if he hits a team mate with a golf club :cool:

Until either...

...it wont be as bad as what Terry did
    Rio Ferdinand please.

Rio Ferdinand please.

On fire with the one liners tonight fella :)

Meh, if Chelsea win something major this season, I'll probably be too gee-eyed to remember it anyway. And arrested for singing ''Cos we're super Chelsea, Super Chelsea F.C.'' at 3am trying to find my house... Hhahaha

I hope to be two places " when " we win something , London and Madrid , may as well dream here as in bed

I hope to be two places " when " we win something , London and Madrid , may as well dream here as in bed

Exactly... Madrid is the one I'm REALLY hoping for if I'm to be totally honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Essien and Boswinga running out fo time to be for for Inter. :(

I'm pessimistic about Inter tbh. Jose has too much inside knowledge to not take advantage of our current difficulties. Its hard to not see them score at the bridge.

It's a simple matter of outscoring them. How simple it actually turns out to be, that's another matter. Inter are no slouches and they have The Special One. Nothing he'd love more than to dump Roman and his Blue Army out of Europe so early. But still, I can see Chelsea just doing enough tbh.

I hope Inter put us out tbh

• Advertisement

I don't. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement