Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I think Chelsea have a better chance of winning the CL than the PL title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Barr wrote: »
    I think Chelsea have a better chance of winning the CL than the PL title.
    Rather have every chance at winning the EPL therefore I hope Inter go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

CHD wrote: »

Not want to get a hold of your poison chalice?

Osu wrote: »
    Not want to get a hold of your poison chalice?
    No, it is poisonous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I hope Inter put us out tbh

:confused:

Why would you hope that ?

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    :confused:

Why would you hope that ?
    We won't win the league if we are still in the CL

again :confused:

Why wont you win the league if still in the Champions league ?

The Champions league is there for the taking.

The winner is coming from United, Chelsea or Barca and the thing is none of them are playing great so it really is wide open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Squad not strong enough?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Squad not strong enough?
    Not healthy enough.
    redout wrote:
    again

Why wont you win the league if still in the Champions league ?

The Champions league is there for the taking.

The winner is coming from United, Chelsea or Barca and the thing is none of them are playing great so it really is wide open.
    EPL > CL

I don't think we can win the EPL if we go deep in it, will take too much out of us and I would rather give the league our all.

Wait a minute. You hope your team gets knocked out of the CL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

our squad are in the best shape of their lives, physically and mentally.
    CHD is merely being pessimistic so when the time comes and we win the EPL and the Champions League, CHD will savour the sweet sweet moment twice as much as the rest of us.
    its a commendable stragety on CHD's part i think.

papagormo wrote: »
    our squad are in the best shape of their lives, physically and mentally.
    CHD is merely being pessimistic so when the time comes and we win the EPL and the Champions League, CHD will savour the sweet sweet moment twice as much as the rest of us.
    its a commendable stragety on CHD's part i think.
    Yeah.. Essien and Bosingwa are skipping around Cobham.Cech and Cole are playing hop scotch all day today.

and Deco is....well hes sitting on his ar$e being a sulky aul ungrateful sod..but sure what else is new there i suppose!:D

Essien blog extract:

Before I sign off I will like to share my favourite comment with you. Remember I said in my last blog that someone calls me Jackie Chan because he thinks I can do the unexpected?

Well, apparently I am known as Nokia 3310 (yes the phone) in some households because it doesn't matter how many times you manhandle me I keep working as brand new. That cracked me up.

legend.

full blog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I don't think we can win the EPL if we go deep in it, will take too much out of us and I would rather give the league our all.

Was talking to a mate the other day about this. We were both saying that we hoped Chelsea stayed in the CL as long as possible, without winning it, because they might take their eye off the ball in the Premiership.

It's a hard task to do both unless you have a very big and healthy squad from February-May.

Oh and a little luck along the way helps too.

Was talking to a mate the other day about this. We were both saying that we hoped Chelsea stayed in the CL as long as possible, without winning it, because they might take their eye off the ball in the Premiership.

It's a hard task to do both unless you have a very big and healthy squad from February-May.

Oh and a little luck along the way helps too.
    And we have

[X] Big Squad
    [ ] Healthy Squad
    [ ] Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

United have managed to win the league and make the final of the champs league the last few seasons. Its what big clubs such be aiming to do year in and year out; injuries shouldn't be an excuse for a club like Chelsea with the squad and financial clout they have tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ah but Chelsea are no Manchester United though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

flahavaj wrote: »
    United have managed to win the league and make the final of the champs league the last few seasons. Its what big clubs such be aiming to do year in and year out; injuries shouldn't be an excuse for a club like Chelsea with the squad and financial clout they have tbh.
    It took Utd a long time to get it right in europe , despite dominating in the Premiership for long periods. Even the two times they won it they hardly lit up the final and scraped over the line on both occasions. This is not to downplay their achievement, rather to point out how difficult it is to dominate both domestically and in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

According to BBC ticker Bosingwa is out for the rest of the season. not sure if that is big news or as expected ?

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    According to BBC ticker Bosingwa is out for the rest of the season. not sure if that is big news or as expected ?
    Unexpected but not the worst as Ivanovic has been lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Unexpected but not the worst as Ivanovic has been lethal.

+1 Ivanovic has had an outstanding season, any time he has played for us he has looked good, considering hes more of a natural centre back, he has showed great versatility by playing right back, and playing well out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

In the words of a spoiled child:

"ME WANTEE THAT"

the that being the Champions League.... I'd prefer to win the Champions League to the Premier League, tbh. Obviously I want to win both, but if we had to lose one, I'd prefer to win the CL than the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'd take the cl but only if arsenal won the epl! Can't handle utd winning it again

No way do I want Arsenal to win the fúcking league... No way. Don't like United winning it, but I'd take them over Arsenal any day.

It actually tilts me how people want the CL over the EPL. I don't understand it. Sure its great to win the CL but it is a hell of alot better to win your league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Agree with that, league first then Europe.Though for us to do the league this year would be our greatest achievement bar none.I can but dream... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It actually tilts me how people want the CL over the EPL. I don't understand it. Sure its great to win the CL but it is a hell of alot better to win your league.

I can understand it, from a Chelsea perspective anyway.

They are obviously both massive to win, but Chelsea have managed the league in the recent past, but not the CL..It's good to complete the collection in the trophy cabinet. Might stop Abramovich from getting restless too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

League is the most important for me. Especially with 19 coming up. CL is great, but if I had to choose it'd be the league every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

what about inter fans who get rediculed for only winning a "joke of a league" and not doing well in the CL of late?

I completely disagree with you on this

The Champions league is the pinnacle of club football.

Some very confusing statements have been made in this thread over the past couple of days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

CAN I just say LOL and you will all know what I mean in the morning or if u manage to get your hands on a copy of the Sun :D

Good man Evra :p:p

Reports Essien is out for the rest of the season lads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

redout wrote: »
    Reports Essien is out for the rest of the season lads.

Brutal news alrite .

CAN I just say LOL and you will all know what I mean in the morning or if u manage to get your hands on a copy of the Sun :D

Good man Evra :p:p

and id like to extend a LOL to you too on the news that you will probably be without Essien for the rest of the season

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    and id like to extend a LOL to you too on the news that you will probably be without Essien for the rest of the season

Typical ...... although I should not of expected more ....... having a laugh at someone's misadventures and an injury are two totally different things .

I have enjoyed your posts but you have just come down a notch in my estimation , I myself am a football fan and would never wish nor want a player to be out injured , or laugh at the fact that the are.

Good man , tip along now .....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any links to back up the Essien news? There's nothing on SSN (dreadful TV :mad: at the best of times) about it.

Any links to back up the Essien news? There's nothing on SSN (dreadful TV :mad: at the best of times) about it.

It on the suns webpage :rolleyes:

Typical ...... although I should not of expected more ....... having a laugh at someone's misadventures and an injury are two totally different things .

I have enjoyed your posts but you have just come down a notch in my estimation , I myself am a football fan and would never wish nor want a player to be out injured , or laugh at the fact that the are.

Good man , tip along now .....

your horse would like a break now pal

you tell me you woudnt be happy if Rooney was to be out for the season?

you say you woudnt be happy, i will for the first time on boards, outrightly call someone a liar

i also laugh every time i hear Hargreaves is going to be ready for a return to the united team, i guess im just an evil guy

in fact ill clarify further, i have never and would never wish injury on a player, regardless of who he plays for or who he is, but Essien has had this injury for a while, and the fact that its not career ending and just means that if true it will keep him out of the title race, i am well within my rights as a rival fan to be haoppy about it

if i offend anybodys sensitivities, be they real or fake, i apologise of course

Y'all might be getting some wires crossed somewheres along the line; it's Bosingwa is out for the rest of the season.

From Chelsea website:
    Ray Wilkins has announced Jose Bosingwa will miss the World Cup, and is due to have another operation on his knee injury, keeping him out of the World Cup.
    The Portuguese defender has not played for Chelsea since limping off against Aston Villa in October, and will now have to sit out this summer's tournament in South Africa as well as the rest of the club season.
    'Bosingwa will be out for the season and have another operation, so that's him unfortunately, and he'll miss the World Cup as well,' Wilkins said, adding that the injury 'just needs clearing up.'
    In other injury news Ricardo Carvalho is a doubt for the weekend after withdrawing from Portugal duty in midweek, but Wilkins is optimistic that the centre-half could be involved against Stoke on Sunday.
    'We have been very fortunate that most players have come back in fine form from the internationals during the week, and there is only Riccy Carvalho that has a slight problem with his hamstring, a little bit of tightness but we'll have a look at that today and see if he'll be okay for Sunday,' said the assistant manager, before discussing the rest of the absentees.
    'Michael Essien is doing well, there has been a slight complication which means it needs a couple of weeks longer but he's out [in France] with Ashley [Cole] now and they're both doing extremely well, so from that point of view we're delighted with their recovery.
    'It's difficult to give a timescale but hopefully he'll be fit as soon as possible because when we lose players of that quality it is damning on any side,' Wilkins said.
    'Petr Cech is doing very well indeed, he was doing some half-squats yesterday in the water, and he's coming on very well.'

Nothing on Chelsea website about Essien; good bad or indifferent. So I'm not sure...

• Advertisement

It on the suns webpage :rolleyes:

:) so the Sun is right when it comes to Evra obviously, but cant be trusted about Essien

something kinda laughable about that

DazMarz wrote: »
    Y'all might be getting some wires crossed somewheres along the line; it's Bosingwa is out for the rest of the season.

From Chelsea website:

Nothing on Chelsea website about Essien; good bad or indifferent. So I'm not sure...

heard about Boringwa earlier today alright, only heard the Essien one on the united thread so no idea if there is anything to it

Boringwa isnt a massive loss cause he can be covered, Essien cant

Bosingwa isnt a massive loss cause he can be covered, Essien cant

That's the thing. Bosingwa has been missing for ages, and Ivanovic has done a superb job at RB.

Essien is irreplaceble, for any team he'd be a major loss.

Nothing up on Chelsea website as of yet either to confirm whether Essien is out for longer. Fingers crossed that it's just malicious rumour!!!!

My God, you are all retarded.

EPL>CL

Retarded.

**** me.

Ban me from here please.

Lets go troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

My God, you are all retarded.

EPL>CL

Retarded.

**** me.

Ban me from here please.

Lets go troll

Ha ha - Brilliant

Ha ha - Brilliant
    ****ing true. And I'm a troll :rolleyes:

Board is full of muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

I see the Sun this morning are reporting that Essien has had a set-back in recovery and is unlikely to feature again this season !

Disaster for CFC if true...........and disaster for Michael himself and Ghana for the WC !

The sun....

But I will cut myself if true.

Not really mods.

BTW Daz is allowed say CL>EPL cause he took a whole trip to the bridge to explain why. Anyone else though, retarded, or else explain.

your horse would like a break now pal

you tell me you woudnt be happy if Rooney was to be out for the season?

you say you woudnt be happy, i will for the first time on boards, outrightly call someone a liar

i also laugh every time i hear Hargreaves is going to be ready for a return to the united team, i guess im just an evil guy

in fact ill clarify further, i have never and would never wish injury on a player, regardless of who he plays for or who he is, but Essien has had this injury for a while, and the fact that its not career ending and just means that if true it will keep him out of the title race, i am well within my rights as a rival fan to be haoppy about it

if i offend anybodys sensitivities, be they real or fake, i apologise of course

Nope i would not be happy if Rooney was out , because it would give you an excuse.( not u personally , but a lot of man u i know fans I know use every excuse in the book after taking a beating , even to go as far as blaming the kit for the defeat ...... Oh wait I think that was the manager that time )

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement