Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anbody know what was with JT's celebration?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

villa vs chelsea
    fulham/tottenham vs pompey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

kmart6 wrote: »
    Armband was too tight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Captain fantastic :pac::pac::pac:

I would be happier to meet Villa in semi's more so than the final :D

Booking the flights for that weekend now !

CHD wrote: »
    Armband was too tight
    I don't even know if you were trying to be funny or something there!

I don't even know if you were trying to be funny or something there!
    It is the only explanation I have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

que?

what he do? (JT i refer to)

didnt see the second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I would love it to be a Chelsea v. Spurs final. Would be some atmosphere at it.

JT basically looked like he was taking off his armband when he was celebrating. I'd say it was a statement like "I'm the Captain Fantastic" or something to that effect. I've no idea, tbh. Just speculating.

He pulled the armband down, rolled up his sleeve to his shoulder and then started slapping his shoulder....did it when all the players got away from hm as well!

Bit weird....:confused:

God only knows then... Could be saying "You can take my armband, BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE MY ARM!!!" to Capello......:D

maybe..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I don't see the big deal

yeah sounds like a "even when you take my armband i still have the biggest cock" kinda thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He pulled the armband down, rolled up his sleeve to his shoulder and then started slapping his shoulder....did it when all the players got away from hm as well!

Bit weird....:confused:

Maybe thats the shoulder he used to horse Wayne Bridge aside when he was ridin his woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

JT said it was giving the stoke fans some stick after they were giving him some ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/8549612.stm

Why we hate the paparazzi...... But still, I had to giggle:

DazMarz wrote: »
    Why we hate the paparazzi...... But still, I had to giggle:

i fcuking loved that video!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Not sure if this has been posted already, but will post it up, good interview, have to say even as an Arsenal fan, have a lot of time for Lampard and respect him fully for the very obvious close relationship he had with his mum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1251771/Frank-Lampard-WAGs-World-Cup-life-millionaire-bachelor.html

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted already, but will post it up, good interview, have to say even as an Arsenal fan, have a lot of time for Lampard and respect him fully for the very obvious close relationship he had with his mum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1251771/Frank-Lampard-WAGs-World-Cup-life-millionaire-bachelor.html

He's not called Super Frank just cos he's a brilliant footballer!

I rarely believe that clubs should retire numbers of shirts that were worn by legendary players (cos if that was the case, Man United would have had to retire their '7' jersey about half a dozen times!) but I'd sincerely have no problem if Chelsea were to retire the '8' jersey when Lampard's long, illustrious Chelsea career ends.

He is an absolute legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow. Just back, excellent stuff. That is all, sleep time now. :D

G'wan the Blues!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Totally agree about frankie. It really annoys me that gerrard gets more attention for a handful of great performances every season, whereas frankie does 20 goals a season year in year out. He was also the most effective midfielder of decade according to opta

Totally agree about frankie. It really annoys me that gerrard gets more attention for a handful of great performances every season, whereas frankie does 20 goals a season year in year out. He was also the most effective midfielder of decade according to opta

its generally Gerrards all round game that has got him more attention though, he works all over the pitch, well he used to anyway

Lampard is great with the ball alright, put him in front of goal with a couple of lads to deflect his shot in and he is on fire, not so much with the defensive side of being a midfielder

I dont have any great love for either though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Its not looking good for Cole, I'm hoping he was only rested for the hammers game, but to not even come on makes it even more clear that he's not in Carlo's plans, thats not to say he hasn't been given chances, he has and apart from the first half against City he simply hasn't produced.
    Ironically he injured that knee trying to do a step over in the carling cup last season.
    Anelka was excellent yesterday but should have scored, Didier is looking very sluggish.
    Mikel was nice and tidy and Malouda had his best game in a while, but My MOTM was Alex who was a beast closely follwed by Ferreria.
    Tought Frank had a very good game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

SUPER FRANKIE LAMPS!!! LEGEND ...

smuckers wrote: »
    Its not looking good for Cole, I'm hoping he was only rested for the hammers game, but to not even come on makes it even more clear that he's not in Carlo's plans, thats not to say he hasn't been given chances, he has and apart from the first half against City he simply hasn't produced.
    Ironically he injured that knee trying to do a step over in the carling cup last season.
    Anelka was excellent yesterday but should have scored, Didier is looking very sluggish.
    Mikel was nice and tidy and Malouda had his best game in a while, but My MOTM was Alex who was a beast closely follwed by Ferreria.
    Cole can feck off. We have Zhirkov an Carlo will spend money on someone better in the summer.

• Advertisement

For the remaining league games I would like to see Ferreria stay at Lb and Zhirkov to supports Drogs with Anelka.

Cech/Hilario

Ivan Terry Alex Ferreria

Mikel/Essein Lamps Malouda

Zhirkov Anelka

Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Heading over for the West Ham game on Saturday and will have a good bit of time before and after the game to get some boozing done. Can anyone recommend pubs for before and after the game?

kryogen wrote: »
    its generally Gerrards all round game that has got him more attention though, he works all over the pitch, well he used to anyway

Lampard is great with the ball alright, put him in front of goal with a couple of lads to deflect his shot in and he is on fire, not so much with the defensive side of being a midfielder

:rolleyes: Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Don't Even acknowledge that comment about deflections johner!
    When I was saying how lamps is underrated compared to gerrard, I forgot to mention that gerrard is the worst English diver in the pl. (admittedly, we've the worst, but I wouldn't change the Drog for anyone!)

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Heading over for the West Ham game on Saturday and will have a good bit of time before and after the game to get some boozing done. Can anyone recommend pubs for before and after the game?

The Lloyds No1 Wetherspoons at the top of the stairs at the Fulham Broadway tube stop is grand for a pint or two and a bit of food, Brogans on Fulham broadway or the So Bar for a sing song before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

He did not make any subs in the game so I would not read into too much,

Joe cole actually injured himself in that game about 5-10 minutes before the step overs , he should of come of straight away but tried to play and ended up totally fecking himself up . It was a bit similar to what Anderson done to himself a few games ago , should of come off after initially injuring himself but played on and completely opened up the ligaments .

I would agree with most of your comments on the players but I think Drobga was very well marshaled by wilkinson as opposed to being sluggish , as a result Anelka had a lot more space to play.

Best performance in a while for me .

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Second the call on Llyods bar , you have to at least walk down by So-Bar to taste a bit of madness !

Lampard is nearly as good as your man OG who has been banging them in for Man U this season !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lampard is nearly as good as your man OG who has been banging them in for Man U this season !

There the same thing arent they :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Don't Even acknowledge that comment about deflections johner!
    When I was saying how lamps is underrated compared to gerrard, I forgot to mention that gerrard is the worst English diver in the pl. (admittedly, we've the worst, but I wouldn't change the Drog for anyone!)

Trying to deflect the subject I see ;)

Just remembering, Internazionale only managed a scoreless draw at home to Genoa this weekend.......... Could be something of a good omen for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Wonder how many he rested for the game vs genoa. Wouldnt read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Telgere wrote: »
    Wonder how many he rested for the game vs genoa. Wouldnt read too much into it.

Didn't rest anyone. Milito, Lucio, Sneijder et al all started.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Didn't rest anyone. Milito, Lucio, Sneijder et al all started.
    Eto'o didn't start, that is about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Advertisement

Talks have resumed with Niko over a new 2 year deal, hopefully it gets sorted soon he has been a brilliant signing for us.

Johner wrote: »
    Talks have resumed with Niko over a new 2 year deal, hopefully it gets sorted soon he has been a brilliant signing for us.

Will we be the only club that he has decided to extend his contract with if it goes through ?

Will we be the only club that he has decided to extend his contract with if it goes through ?
    I think he's happy with Chelsea, tbh. He's found a form that he has rarely hit in the past and he is a key player for us now. Hopefully he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I would much rather him to not extend.

I don't think it makes sense to keep on with two aged strikers and try to magically replace them then when the time comes

I would be happier to see us sticking with just drogba lob Anelka off somewhere and take in Dzeko and Aguero,

Get rid of Ballack and deco and take in hamsik and Otzil
    leaving Lampard have a few years left then

and bringing in a right back to allow Ivanovic to cover purely central defense

Yeah, just go out and spend the guts of 200M on 4 players.

I think Anelka has to stay ,

Even if we do buy big on a striker its always wise to have someone of his talent there , plus I think Drogba is a year or two older than Anelka and although he looks in his prime I dont know if he will be up to the week in week out rigors of the EPL.

Plus if we buy a big money striker it will take him a while to settle in and who better to do it with him than Anelka and Drog's.

Another reason for keeping him even if does not play too much is the wealth of experience he has and can be passing onto our youths !

We do need to spend money and inject some pace into the squad but there is no way Anelka should be let go !

I would much rather him to not extend.

I don't think it makes sense to keep on with two aged strikers and try to magically replace them then when the time comes

I would be happier to see us sticking with just drogba lob Anelka off somewhere and take in Dzeko and Aguero,

Get rid of Ballack and deco and take in hamsik and Otzil
    leaving Lampard have a few years left then

and bringing in a right back to allow Ivanovic to cover purely central defense

No Hamsik, he's signed a new contract with Napoli. Anelka will still be a very important player next season even if a big money striker comes in.

No Hamsik, he's signed a new contract with Napoli. Anelka will still be a very important player next season even if a big money striker comes in.

Signing a contract means nothing these days , just means a hell of a lot more money for the club if they sell him

Signing a contract means nothing these days , just means a hell of a lot more money for the club if they sell him

hell of a lot?

at his age?

• Advertisement

hell of a lot?

at his age?
    He is 22

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement