Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

CHD wrote: »
    He is 22

ahhhh, only saw Anelka's name and thought ye were saying it about him

multi tasking here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

kryogen wrote: »
    ahhhh, only saw Anelka's name and thought ye were saying it about him

multi tasking here!
    Guessed that just after I posted, wasn't editing. Lazy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Anyone else worried about the Inter game ???

Jose said "Jose Mourinho doesn't lose at stamford bridge" ... :mad:

(he does in Europe tho .... :D chel 1 -2 barça) ...

seriously though ... I can see Mou holding out for a 0-0 draw...

We will go out and I won't mind too much. We go out then we will win the league.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

the_monkey wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about the Inter game ???

Jose said "Jose Mourinho doesn't lose at stamford bridge" ... :mad:

(he does in Europe tho .... :D chel 1 -2 barça) ...

seriously though ... I can see Mou holding out for a 0-0 draw...

It will be tite , but we had plenty of chances over there so I dont see a problem in us nicking a goal or two .

Not conceding is a different matter altogether , although as a defensive unit the whole team were excellent on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We will go out and I won't mind too much. We go out then we will win the league.

Both please !:D

Both please !:D
    That is not possible without Cole and Essien playing every game from now til the end.

That is not possible without Cole and Essien playing every game from now til the end.

Bit far to say that its not possible even without the two boys ,

Essien's position is the one I am really worried about and of course that german twat but you never know what could happen with a bit of good luck , of which we have had feck all this season .

Bit far to say that its not possible even without the two boys ,

Essien's position is the one I am really worried about and of course that german twat but you never know what could happen with a bit of good luck , of which we have had feck all this season .

oh dear lord

no luck at all eh

Chelsea don't get lucky.

Ever.

• Advertisement

oh dear lord

no luck at all eh

Good man thats what I said alrite, well feck all

Chelsea don't get lucky.

Ever.

but ye never lose that sense of humor!

but ye never lose that sense of humor!

Thats the cynic in him .

Thats the cynic in him .
    The realist ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Seems Chelsea could be a bit of bother over SWP's transfer. Payments were made to an unlicensed agent, if Chelsea are proven to have been aware of this then they could potentially be facing a points deduction.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/09/shaun-wright-phillips-chelsea-agent
    The Football Association is considering whether Shaun Wright-Phillips and Chelsea could face charges for dealing with an unlicensed agent, Mitchell Thomas, when Wright-Phillips moved to Stamford Bridge from Manchester City in July 2005. The investigation by the FA follows the outcome of a case brought by the Law Society against a solicitor, Timothy Drukker, who signed off the paperwork in the Wright‑Phillips deal but paid Thomas part of the £1.2m fee which Chelsea paid him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

points deduction !!! ????

for THIS season ????

jesus ... could we BE ANY UNLUCKIER !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not bad for 105 naughty17hs.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ballack offered contract extension....:confused::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

not bad for a 105 year old:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Thought he was gonna retire after the 2010 World Cup?!?!?

But still..... German shirt sales alone that we make on that lad mean we're making money on having him at the club, but just keep him on the bench more!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

DazMarz wrote: »
    Thought he was gonna retire after the 2010 World Cup?!?!?

But still..... German shirt sales alone that we make on that lad mean we're making money on having him at the club, but just keep him on the bench more!!!

No way that's true

Bubs101 wrote: »
    No way that's true

So I've heard, it is.

Ballack is like a national hero in Germany, and apparently the sales of Chelsea jerseys and so on have rocketed since he joined in 2007. No way would he be still at the club if money was being lost on him. Games are, not money.... haha.

the_monkey wrote: »
    points deduction !!! ????

for THIS season ????

jesus ... could we BE ANY UNLUCKIER !!!!

I would not get too worried , Both club and player have denied any wrong doing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

we are such a fuck of a club of late

we are settling and letting our players age and rot insteaf of spicing it up with the young talent that is out there, its a shame

So I've heard, it is.

Ballack is like a national hero in Germany, and apparently the sales of Chelsea jerseys and so on have rocketed since he joined in 2007. No way would he be still at the club if money was being lost on him. Games are, not money.... haha.

That mug takes 100K a week !!!

Say the average Jersey costs £38 we would have to sell 2632 Jerseys a week into the german market to cover that type of cost , he certainly does not cover any of his wages on the football pitch .

Looking at the figures it is possible but I severely doubt it ,

He got the contract extension months ago I think :mad:

That mug takes 100K a week !!!

Say the average Jersey costs £38 we would have to sell 2632 Jerseys a week into the german market to cover that type of cost , he certainly does not cover any of his wages on the football pitch .

Looking at the figures it is possible but I severely doubt it ,

He got the contract extension months ago I think :mad:

Oh I was wrong back in may 2009 he got offered one for 121K a week,

There calling the new contract a cut price deal at half his current rate which goes up to 80K a week if he reaches 20 games ,

The bloke has Ideas about playing for Germany in the European Championships in 2012 and it looks like we will be his nursing home until then.

Have I missed a few weeks and its the 1st of April,

We could have 3 really good youngsters in the First team for that type of money ,

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/03/10/1826328/michael-ballack-offered-one-year-cut-price-contract-by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Oh I was wrong back in may 2009 he got offered one for 121K a week,

There calling the new contract a cut price deal at half his current rate which goes up to 80K a week if he reaches 20 games ,

The bloke has Ideas about playing for Germany in the European Championships in 2012 and it looks like we will be his nursing home until then.

Have I missed a few weeks and its the 1st of April,

We could have 3 really good youngsters in the First team for that type of money ,

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/03/10/1826328/michael-ballack-offered-one-year-cut-price-contract-by

How come all the comments in that thread are outrageously full of praise for him?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

How come all the comments in that thread are outrageously full of praise for him?

Cause its Goal.com :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ballack. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The future is secure.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

All looking good for Saturday anyway, gents. Always a tough side to break down (as the result in December told us; 1-1), but I have a feeling that it'll be all gravy in the Bridge, with any luck.

Hopefully Lamps won't have to take a penalty three times, either.... Talk about stomach in knots....

Ush1 wrote: »
    Probably the most pointless link in this thread ever.

Probably the most pointless link in this thread ever.

Did you not see Ballacks contract renewal?

• Advertisement

Did you not see Ballacks contract renewal?
    Fail tbh.

Just admit you posted quite possibly the stupidest link ever

Fail tbh.

Just admit you posted quite possibly the stupidest link ever

I could never admit that. You say fail alot by the way.

how dare you insinuate CHD posts anything but excellent contributions to the Soccer Forum on boards.ie

could cut the sarcasm and cynicism there with a fúcking knife....

how dare you insinuate CHD posts anything but excellent contributions to the Soccer Forum on boards.ie
    Exactly, Knew I could count on you Kryogen.

Oh, btw. Find where my one line truths have been wrong :)

I. AM. A. GENIUS.

Beats bringing up a subject like yourself then saying you are too busy to continue on it. ya know? :)

• Advertisement

I could never admit that. You say fail alot by the way.
    The average poster, like you fails alot. So obv I will mention fail alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CHD is my second favourite poster tbh.

Exactly, Knew I could count on you Kryogen.

Oh, btw. Find where my one line truths have been wrong :)

I. AM. A. GENIUS.

Beats bringing up a subject like yourself then saying you are too busy to continue on it. ya know? :)

ahh, im touched you remembered!

only case of that was today i think, and when i did come back on i read the response i got, it rubbed me the wrong way so i decided fcuk it. couldnt be arsed discussing it any further

i cant be bothered searching for where you could be wrong, but there is one line in that post i have quoted thats wrong so will that do?

ahh, im touched you remembered!

only case of that was today i think, and when i did come back on i read the response i got, it rubbed me the wrong way so i decided fcuk it. couldnt be arsed discussing it any further

i cant be bothered searching for where you could be wrong, but there is one line in that post i have quoted thats wrong so will that do?
    No it won't do because my post is gospel. But I do like you so I won't own you now. I do the same as you and don't bother with certain arguments because it is like debating with 5 year olds that ice cream before dinner is bad. We know Ice cream is bad, but they are only 5 years old so leave them to it, ya know?

No it won't do because my post is gospel. But I do like you so I won't own you now. I do the same as you and don't bother with certain arguments because it is like debating with 5 year olds that ice cream before dinner is bad. We know Ice cream is bad, but they are only 5 years old so leave them to it, ya know?

i must admit i smiled

getting fonder by the day pal

:)

Kryogen banter is fun

Jaysus.... that will be all....:D

flahavaj wrote: »
    CHD is my second favourite poster tbh.
    Who is No.1?

Who is No.1?

Kryogen, obviously!!!! Jeez.....;)

Kryogen, obviously!!!! Jeez.....;)
    Nah, pretty sure Troll CHD is his fav. He is everyones fav.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement