Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

CHD wrote: »
    The average poster, like you fails alot. So obv I will mention fail alot.

Fail.

Above average now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This is turning into a proper handbag.....

ANYWAYS:

What is everyone's thoughts on Saturday's game? I say it'll be a tough enough one, West Ham being more dogged than most. But with any luck, she'll go our way and we take 3 points in a 1-0 or 2-0 game... And hopefully Lamps won't have to take a peno 3 times again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

DazMarz wrote: »
    This is turning into a proper handbag.....

ANYWAYS:

What is everyone's thoughts on Saturday's game? I say it'll be a tough enough one, West Ham being more dogged than most. But with any luck, she'll go our way and we take 3 points in a 1-0 or 2-0 game... And hopefully Lamps won't have to take a peno 3 times again!!!!

as i say every week

This will be a walk in the park for Chelsea,will win this easily without getting out of first gear

no chance of dropping points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Gonna be a tough game, West Ham need all the points they can get and would jump at a 0-0, 1-1 result and they have been one of the most frustrating teams weve played this season.

Hope we can get an early goal and push on and make it comfortable for ourself before our CL game against Inter, maybe rest some players after 60-70 minutes if we can afford it.

gavredking wrote: »
    Gonna be a tough game, West Ham need all the points they can get and would jump at a 0-0, 1-1 result and they have been one of the most frustrating teams weve played this season.

Hope we can get an early goal and push on and make it comfortable for ourself before our CL game against Inter, maybe rest some players after 60-70 minutes if we can afford it.

Ideal situation there. It was different in Upton Park, with the baying Hammers crowd there and all that, but in our back yard, that will be negated with any luck and we can intimidate them!!!:D

Early strike from Drogba, followed up by a Lampard screamer just before half time.... Pretty please!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Ush1 wrote: »
    Fail.

Above average now?
    Nope you are still failing away like a big old fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Nope you are still failing away like a big old fail.

How will I ever sleep tonight?

Same way you do everynight I'd imagine.

Back on topic, Chelsea wear blue shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

THE THURSDAY INTERVIEW: DIDIER DROGBA

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1990351,00.html

32 today!:(

• Advertisement

he has been in decline for a long time now sure, about 4 seasons now isnt it?

kryogen wrote: »

I'm sad because realistically he only has a few more years left in him at the top level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Former Chelsea assistant Henk ten Cate has resigned as manager of Dubai club Al Ahli following a 5-0 defeat in the Asian Champions League that he described as the "worst day" of his career. He was the nutcase, right ?

"I'm deeply ashamed of what has happened. I'm ashamed for Al Ahli Football Club and ashamed for myself. It was the worst day in my career,"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Who is No.1?

Slick Ric had me at the first WHOO.:pac:

who?

Drogba

shadow of his former self

• Advertisement

Drogba

are you joking? or what former self are you talking about?
    and what is the time line for this are you saying since he played last?
    or in recent weeks or his form this year?

are you joking? or what former self are you talking about?
    and what is the time line for this are you saying since he played last?
    or in recent weeks or his form this year?

i have already said, past 4 years he has been in decline

getting worse every year

poor player, overrated by Chelsea fans....lacks a certain quality needed to be a top class striker, for instance, compare him to say.....Kanoute, i think you will understand what i mean then

:pac:

i have already said, past 4 years he has been in decline

getting worse every year

poor player, overrated by Chelsea fans....lacks a certain quality needed to be a top class striker, for instance, compare him to say.....Kanoute, i think you will understand what i mean then

I think you are wrong there, I don't think Drogba is a poor player.

he has scored has scored 36 goals in 52 appearances since coming back from injury.

his scoring average is therefore improving on recent years and I believe his all-round play too has so I also think you are wrong when you say he is in decline.

I am surprised you picked Drogba to label poor when there are far worse players on our team.

Kanoute is a very solid consistent striker, maybe if he had Drogbas physicality and brutality he too could cut it in the premiership

You are blinkered by the propaganda machine im afraid

he is very poor, even CHD gets where i am coming from i bet

With quality players like Ballack and Malouda putting opportunities on a plate for me every 5 minutes id score more then Drogba i bet

• Advertisement

Drogba

Audacious.:pac:

You are blinkered by the propaganda machine im afraid

he is very poor, even CHD gets where i am coming from i bet

With quality players like Ballack and Malouda putting opportunities on a plate for me every 5 minutes id score more then Drogba i bet

Maybe,
    but if they supplied him with opportunities every five minutes that may not be the case.

That in my opinion would be an area more worthy of attention in terms of assessing where we can approve than with Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Maybe,
    but if they supplied him with opportunities every five minutes that may not be the case.

That in my opinion would be an area more worthy of attention in terms of assessing where we can approve than with Drogba

OH MY GOD HE'S JUST MESSING WITH YOU, STOP RESPONDING!! :pac:

abelard wrote: »
    OH MY GOD HE'S JUST MESSING WITH YOU, STOP RESPONDING!! :pac:

I find it hard to be rude, sometimes when people act facetious arguments that they hold tender to themselves can come out so I said I would challenge these, see where I got.

edit: Kyrogen I have set up a caption competition in your honour http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64871199#post64871199

Something about 5 year olds and ice cream would be appropriate round about now.

you find it hard to be rude.......thats a new one

ill check out the caption thing later pal, too busy right now

hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

flahavaj wrote: »
    Something about 5 year olds and ice cream would be appropriate round about now.

for some reason i cant thank that post, button is missing!

but thanks, i smiled!

you find it hard to be rude.......thats a new one

ill check out the caption thing later pal, too busy right now

one silly mistake about the anatomy of a different race and my rep around here gets destroyed...

hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

very good :D

• Advertisement

hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

Sincerest congratulations to all concerned.

what do we think of Fabio Borini's fabioborini300x200.png
    chances of making the big time?

Should we have kept Carlton Cole?

what do we think of Fabio Borini's fabioborini300x200.png
    chances of making the big time?

Should we have kept Carlton Cole?

Having seen Borini play live once against Pompey and in several sub appearances, I'm just sickened that the chap hasnt been given more of an opportunity; he's fast, strong and has a very decent shot (was highly unlucky not to net 2 against Pompey). I reckon given time and nurturing, he could be a real promise for the future.

could Carlton Cole have made it at Chelsea?

maybe if he had been playing under a different manager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

maybe if he had been playing under a different manager

Yeah, one that had no interest in winning the league...

SSN: Hilario out, Turnbull in goal this weekend

Chelsea+Training+Press+Conference+YDdDhgH5B6bl.jpg

Adductor muscle for Hilario, seemingly he has not trained all week.

Turnbull could have to play against Inter according to SSN.

Yeah, it's on the Chelsea website... Oh dear....
    Hilario will miss Saturday's game against West Ham so Ross Turnbull deputises, Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed.
    The manager has also ruled out Ricardo Carvalho, who should be fit to face Inter on Tuesday.
    'Hilario is not able to play tomorrow, so in goal will play Turnbull. We don't know if Hilario or Petr will be able to play Tuesday, but Carvalho I think will have no problem for Tuesday,' the manager said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I don't think Turnball is any worse than Hilario. I think they are both decidedly average.

Turnbull has never really been truly tested in a Prem game in a Chelsea jersey yet... Still, he could stand up and be better than most would suspect. Or he could do like Hilario and ship 4 on his first run out in a while (please, God, no)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Zhirkov back which is a bonus, reckon Cech may make the Inter, I wish Essien was back tho.

Turnbull will be immense.

lads there is no need to worry at all, you will surely see that your team is far superior to the opposition and will have the game wrapped up inside 15 minutes so no need to worry at all

Well said kryogen, well said. ;)

• Advertisement

I'd be enthusiastic, but recent events conspiring to rob confidence have succeeded. I'm no longer happy to spew forth such blatant hyperbolic statements of Chelsea's superiority at the moment. Will be a difficult fixture and one that will be liable to throw a few surprises out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Only remember seeing Turnbull play once in a reserves match and he had an absolute nightmare. Hopefully it was just a once off. I really hope Cech is back for Inter though.

Zhirkov returning is great news and I hope he can get a decent run in the team as he has looked fairly impressive so far.

Turnbull was Boro's best player the year they got relegated. He will do well.

Doing well for Boro is one thing. Doing well for Chelsea is quite another, tbh. But with any luck, he won't be tested too much.

Doing well for Boro is harder considering how shít they were and how many times he was tested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement