Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Daz I can help on 26th. Also today we beat the team you sponsor 2-1 so ha, lol Newtown.

Eh, G'wan Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

CHD wrote: »
    Daz I can help on 26th. Also today we beat the team you sponsor 2-1 so ha, lol Newtown.

Eh, G'wan Chelsea

Cool stuff. Dunno if I need you 100% yet or no, but I'll keep you informed.

Dammit, they won't be impressed at that... Ah well, what can I do?!

And yes, g'wan Chelsea, indeed! Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

not to go on or anything ....

but

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8559649.stm

hmmm ... again no mention of a game less .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

dey say once u go Jackjaw u shud never come back..jaw
    (admittedly it was funnier in my head but i do feel im getting a point across)

papagormo wrote: »
    dey say once u go Jackjaw u shud never come back..jaw
    (admittedly it was funnier in my head but i do feel im getting a point across)

??

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »

quote from the linked article:

"Berbatov was selected to start alongside the in-form Rooney and linked play effectively as United repeatedly carved open their opponents backline as they increased the pressure on Arsenal and Chelsea, although Carlo Ancelotti's team have a game in hand. "

to "have a game in hand" is the same thing as a "played a game less" in my book.

seriously, consider getting off the notion the BBC are biased against the blues, or just quit posting it, one or the other.

OOPS !!!!! I just saw that line ........

:o

??

some will get my attempt at humour, some wont.

Come on, CHD!!!! Get in here with something like:

"Games in hand don't matter: we will win everything even if we played two games less than everyone." or something.:D;)

But seriously, lets hope the wheels are back on following the good Cup result against Stoke and the spanks administered yesterday to West Ham. With any luck Terry and co. will all keep their cocks in their underwear for the rest of the season and there'll be no more morale sapping scandals and all that shíte to distract things...

Carefree...

yes indeed, back to winning ways thankfully. hopefully we give Inter a nice send off out of Champions League. Hope to jaysus the good form trickles into our away form, it has been brutle at times this season. Injuries arent helping much either, but the younger lads are at the very least beginning to get a look in.

• Advertisement

Also we should be winning away to Blackburn and our GAME IN HAND (that the BBC have forgotten about ;)) .. against Portsmouth .... hopefully we be back top by then.... maybe Liverpool can do us a favour next weekend ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

not to go on or anything ....

but

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8559649.stm

not to be mean or anything, but continuously banging on about this, is just patheitc

have you no other problems in life like? you are a lucky chap if so

some will get my attempt at humour, some wont.

i got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'd love to see the heads on all the do gooders if jt lifts the cl or pl trophy aloft this season! The mock indignation of the gutter press would be classic. 'think of the children, won't sombody please think of the children'n

I'd love to see the heads on all the do gooders if jt lifts the cl or pl trophy aloft this season! The mock indignation of the gutter press would be classic. 'think of the children, won't sombody please think of the children'n

The heads on everyone apart from Chelsea fans more like........:D

Fingers crossed it happens, would see me found dead in London somewhere from alcohol poisoning is the only thing. Ashes scattered around the Bridge, please. Well, half in the Bridge, half in Croker. Haha.

kryogen wrote: »
    not to be mean or anything, but continuously banging on about this, is just patheitc

have you no other problems in life like? you are a lucky chap if so

Yeah .... Jesus when I think about it I am lucky .....

i dont think i will ever be able to watch football again if it happens

it will just ruin the image of the game for all the young fans out there

Nah, it won't ruin it. Soccer has been ruined in young peoples' eyes for a long time. Footballers as a general rule have not been great role models for kids since AT LEAST the 1960's (George Best for one; alcoholic womaniser extraordinaire). Then you look at the other violent sociopaths that have played the game in the past (Claudio Gentile, Marco Materazzi, Dennis Wise, Vinnie Jones etc.) how can they be good role models?

Even Goldenballs himself, Becks, had his tryst with Loos (not sure was he England captain at the time tho).

Point: Soccer players are not good role models; period. Which is a shame considering the amount of kids that watch the game, love the game and treat these lads as heroes.

no no, my faith in football hinges on JT, if he is successful my heart will break, the beautiful game will have died

:)

Sorry , what does his PERSONAL life have to do with Football ??

wanna speak about morals lets talk about that kids charity money Fergie allegedly stole...

• Advertisement

no no, my faith in football hinges on JT, if he is successful my heart will break, the beautiful game will have died

:)

my faith hinged on the shoulders of Joey Barton...dat bastid ruined my life!

Sorry , what does his PERSONAL life have to do with Football ??

wanna speak about morals lets talk about that kids charity money Fergie stole...

his personal life? nothing, him nobbing a his team mates baby mama, that has got something to do with football

i assume you have proof of your slanderous allegation regards Fergie?

laws are quite strict these days on accusing people of things without proof

my faith hinged on the shoulders of Joey Barton...dat bastid ruined my life!

i feel your pain brother

my pillow is still wet from the tears i cried over that man

he coulda been something, he coulda been a contender, he coulda had class

now look at him, just a bum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

i feel your pain brother

Gimick infringement.

so if we could bring back one ex-chelsea player who is
    (a) currently playing footy somewhere else
    (b) a retired player but in his hayday would be class to have

who would it be fans?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Gimick infringement.

after careful consideration i feel you have a point and have agreed to pay redout royalties

i feel your pain brother

his poster still sticks defiantly to my wall..
    almost like a symbol of Joey himself, or as i like to call him..Joe.

his personal life? nothing, him nobbing a his team mates baby mama, that has got something to do with football

i assume you have proof of your slanderous allegation regards Fergie?

laws are quite strict these days on accusing people of things without proof

Years ago ... it was in the independent or irish times... he was at some charity event ... and some money raised on his behalf he ALLEGEDLY pocketed for himself...

can't find the link ... but i remember it ... was in 2001 or 2002...

flahavaj wrote: »
    Gimick infringement.

hah! infringe away! (wow, dat really doesnt sound rite this hour of the nite)

• Advertisement

Years ago ... it was front page of the independent ... he was at some charity event ... and some money raised on his behalf he pocketed for himself...

the world is fulla them baddies my good man, Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods, the US government, ya cant trust your own thoughts these days

Years ago ... it was in the independent or irish times... he was at some charity event ... and some money raised on his behalf he ALLEGEDLY pocketed for himself...

well you know the boards rule

links/pics or GTFO

it is a serious issue though tbh, i mean without people having to back things up i could claim that i heard you had "allegedly" been caught fornicating with a monkey in the toilets while in school and is how you came to have your nickname/username

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

after careful consideration i feel you have a point and have agreed to pay redout royalties

Who in turn owes Hulk Hogan a fortune.

Slick Willy and Tiger Woods are both heroes of mine paradoxically enough, well, slick willy lets himself down by disobeying the "if you cant lift them, dont shift them rule" but still i gotta respect him

who would it be fans?
    Zola so he could do what Anelka is meant to be doing.

would u really trust a man with a daughter named chelsea though?
    i reckon good oul bill and his missus tapped into a couple a swinger parties in the London area back in the 80's.
    i could be wrong

• Advertisement

who would it be fans?

Gianfranco Zola... without a shadow of a doubt. Legend. Utter, absolute legend.

Honorable mentions:

-Marcel Desailly (would re-marshall this shaky defence)
    -Peter Bonetti (We need a savagely deadly 'keeper again)
    -Arjen Robben (should never have sold him; injury prone or no, he was always savage)

ill put it out there...Carlton Cole anybody?
    reckon him and Sturridge would set up a mean attack.

Frank Leboeuf i thought was a class defender, and could pass the ball to almost any spot on the pitch.

and sure while im at it, who could reist a bitta good oul Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to bang in a goal or two.

I'd swap Drogba for the Gudjohnson & Hasselbaink show too.

Poyet or Di Matteo type would be immense to replace Ballack

well you know the boards rule

links/pics or GTFO

it is a serious issue though tbh, i mean without people having to back things up i could claim that i heard you had "allegedly" been caught fornicating with a monkey in the toilets while in school and is how you came to have your nickname/username

SHíT !!! how did you find out ???

look , it was a long time ago ....

As much as I hate West Ham, I'd really hope that Zola does have some measure of success with them; that they stay up in the Prem for the start. Such a legend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

who would it be fans?

Would have to be Desailly for me, very tough choice though, Zola is very close 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Zola Zola Zola. Absolute legend and such a little genius. Excellent feet,vision and one of the best free kick takers there was and surprisingly for a little man was brilliant in the air. Was watching all his goals on Chelsea TV last night, excellent stuff. :D

Who's a Chelsea legend?

Me! :D
    mbs_zola_narrowweb__300x490,0.jpg

I really hope Zola does well with West Spam as well, even if it is the hammers, just such a nice guy as well nobody could have a bad word to say about him. I got his autograph back in 1998. :D

Poll on the Chelsea website:

Will we go through against Inter:

Currently stands at; Yes 87.2%, No 12.8%...

Here's hoping!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Good ole mourinho and this taunting
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2892173/Jose-Mourinho-says-Stamford-Bridge-is-HIS-fortress.html
    OSE MOURINHO last night taunted Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti saying: Stamford Bridge is MY fortress not yours.
    That is why the Special One is cockily claiming 'home' advantage for tomorrow's Champions League showdown with his former club.

The Inter Milan coach, who won six trophies in three years at Chelsea, quipped: "Everybody knows Mourinho doesn't lose at Stamford Bridge. My record is unbeatable. It is amazing - we were so strong for such a long time."

GLORY DAYS ... on his old stomping ground
    Mourinho, 47, insists he will not be affected by the emotion of the big night.

He said: "I don't feel the reactions from the crowd. I will just sit there and play my game. But I don't hide that Chelsea are a very important part of my life."

Mourinho's record is certainly impressive. He never lost a league game at Stamford Bridge in more than three years in charge.

In fact he has not lost at home in the league anywhere since February 23, 2002 - an eight-year unbeaten run stretching back to his days as Porto boss, throughout his Chelsea career and now on to Inter!

In stark contrast, Ancelotti did not even go eight months victorious at home - the recent 4-2 humiliation to Manchester City saw to that.

What's more, the Italian has already lost five league games in his first season at the Chelsea helm.

That compared to just the one reverse for Mourinho in his debut season as he won the league by 12 points.

Mourinho recalled: "Nobody had ever won the title in their first year. But I went down in history."

The Inter boss insists he will not go into the tie trying to protect a slender 2-1 advantage after the first leg in the San Siro.

He snapped: "I always play to win. That's why my record is so amazing."

But Blues striker Didier Drogba is out to wreck his old manager's Euro dream. He said: "The return of Mourinho will be special.

"We shared beautiful things. We lived great moments together. But we must do everything to not let it distract us."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2892173/Jose-Mourinho-says-Stamford-Bridge-is-HIS-fortress.html#ixzz0iHaOdWx2

Biggest mistake ever made by any football club (and its owners) ever was Chelsea getting rid of Mourinho.

He could come back to haunt us big time tomorrow night; nothing he'd love more than to beat Chelsea (hell, a draw will do him, obv!), and then to cast a cocky little grin up at the corporate boxes where Abramovich is sitting. "I told you so!"

Would be revenge alright, but gutting at the same time...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Stevie G just got away with a blatant fore armed smash to the back of Michael Browns head !!!

Luckily the ref noticed some sort of foul so I doubt he will be in for the 3 game ban as the FA wont be able to look at the incident again ! He was behind the play and I dont know how he missed it , just seen brown hitting the deck and a gave a free !

Luckily for Chelsea he should now make the Game at Old Trafford

Even if Liverpool had their full squad for trip to Old Trafford, I still reckon United will stuff them royal without too much hassle, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

DazMarz wrote: »
    Even if Liverpool had their full squad for trip to Old Trafford, I still reckon United will stuff them royal without too much hassle, tbh.

A draw in that game would do me :D

Liverpool have to fight all the way for that 4th spot. Hope Joe Cole is on song for us when we play them, he usually has a good game against the pool :)

The best result for Chelsea in the United vs. Liverpool match is, obviously enough!!!, Liverpool to win. But having said that, it is not a result I can honestly see happening.

id say they will man mark rooney...and then lose 2-0 thanks to a rooney brace.
    but if Liverpool were to get a win at old trafford, ill be sayin "yippppeeeee!"
    all we can do is hope.
    So Inter, and Jose, predictions anyone? im saying 2-0 to the blues.

(im doing a lotta 2-0 predicting tonite for some reason, dunno what thats all about)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement