Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

DazMarz wrote: »
    Even if Liverpool had their full squad for trip to Old Trafford, I still reckon United will stuff them royal without too much hassle, tbh.

Liverpool turn back into the liverpool team of the 80's when they play us though

a liverpool win is a very real possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

..."ohh, he shudda scored there"..love saying that during a pool vs utd game.
    if glares could kill id be long since gone.

to wear out my No.26 or not to wear out my No.26 jersey tomorrow night, that is a tough one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DazMarz wrote: »
    Even if Liverpool had their full squad for trip to Old Trafford, I still reckon United will stuff them royal without too much hassle, tbh.

They really dont want Man U getting that 19th title ! I reckon they will be up for it big time !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If Vidic plays then United will lose. He is Torres' bitch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anyone going to the game tomorrow ? I cant wait I am nervous as hell already,

Im going to get out to the ground nice and early to get the festivities started !

CHD wrote: »
    If Vidic plays then United will lose. He is Torres' bitch.

FAIL!

Anyone going to the game tomorrow ? I cant wait I am nervous as hell already,

Im going to get out to the ground nice and early to get the festivities started !

lucky bastid, i tells ya, when i chose going back to college i should have taken into consideration my inability to fund future trips over to the bridge for the 4 years at college.
    titties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Whoes going to play LB tomorrow nite ?

Barr wrote: »
    Zhirkov I'd imagine
    kryogen wrote:
    FAIL!
    I speaketh thy truth

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »

please dont put malouda back there Carlo.

Rickaaay could be back in time

Terry and Rickaay
    or
    Terry and Alex

im going with Alex...take no chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ivanovic---Alex---Terry---Zhirkov/Belletti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

papagormo wrote: »
    please dont put malouda back there Carlo.

Rickaaay could be back in time

Terry and Rickaay
    or
    Terry and Alex

im going with Alex...take no chances.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8568613.stm
    Ive always wondered and never asked..Why does he run with his hands so wierd lol

Soby wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8568613.stm
    Ive always wondered and never asked..Why does he run with his hands so wierd lol

that left hand of his leads me to believe hes "DJ Scratchyooo" in his spare time!
    pump up the jam Ricckaay

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'd prefer to see Alex centre back instead of Riccy. Looked more solid with Alex back there, and hopefully Zhirkov will start. Zhirkov and Malouda could cause them some trouble.

Turnbull
    Ivanovic -- Terry -- Alex -- Zhirkov
    Mikel

Ballack
    Lampard----
    -Anelka
    Malouda-
    Drogba

Please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Turnbull
    Ivanovic -- Terry -- Alex -- Zhirkov
    Mikel

Ballack
    Lampard----
    -Anelka
    Malouda-
    Drogba

Please

Seems like the most likely to be picked really. If Zhirkov isn't available, I'd hope he'd stick Belletti in there instead of Malouda. Early Chelsea goal would be the dream here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nervous about tonight! Going for 2-0 to us though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Johner wrote: »
    Nervous about tonight! Going for 2-0 to us though. :)

Would agree with that prediction as a neutral. Inter are in woeful form and aren't very good anyway. Chelsea in good form and strong at home. Drogba and Malouda to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hoping to get some set pieces and put pressure on Inter from them, with a possible back line of JT, Alex, Ivanovic theres not many teams that can deal with 3 of them going forward, couple them to Didier and Ballack and we are simply far superior to them in the air.

Im going say 1-0 and hopefully we can have a sound game at the back, my only worry is if Inter Score 1st for us to go through we have to either score at least 2 and gifting Jose the 1st goal will kill the game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

VERY poor perf. all round tonight - just when we needed a big SB European perf. instead we get a damp squib, JM out-thinks Carlo on the tactics, his players play for him as team, and we looked disjointed, and by the end dis-spirited !

Frank was anonymous, Herr Flick as usual contributed little, Joe Cole may as well have stayed on the bench - embarassing to see the amount of hail mary's launched in the 2nd half - never got in behind them etc.

Zhirkov defended well but offered little in attack, Malouda started brightly but faded, Nico not great, DD frustrated by Lucio/Motta/Samuel combo. - we lacked any creative spark.....we need a Schneijder type player who can move defences around, make things happen.

We were slow and predictable for the most part tonight - serious work to be done to get this squad back firing on at least 3 cylinders and ready to go all out to win the league over the remaining 8/9 fixtures

• Advertisement

Odds on the_monkey blaming the BBC?

Gutted to go out tonight, but no complaints at all, the better side went through. Very disappointed with our performance though, we lacked idea's, we were shocking in the final third and very shakey defensively(again!). The way we are playing we could end up without any trophies at the end of the season, we have been playing poorly and with United finding form at the right time I think we could be in real trouble in the league, and Villa in the cup won't be an easy game either.

Odds on the_monkey blaming the BBC?

PP have the odds like this

BBC fault- 7/4
    Alex Fergusons fault- 5/2
    Inter being better on the day- 4/1
    Chelsea being rubbish and allowing Inter to win-25/1

Just back from the game now ,

To sum it up , we were tacitly inept once again .

Ballack was useless again , Frank Lampard was poor and negative in a lot that he done.

Inter always had men over on the wings as our FB's pushed way up even when there was not a sniff of them getting near the ball.

joe Cole needs to be given a run of games to see if the lads still has what it takes, a couple of minutes here and there is no use what so ever .

JM's tactics were spot on , I missed the Drogba incident as I was in the east lower and looking over the other side, what did he do ?

The most disappointing thing for me throughout the night was the Chelsea support, feck all coming from them , The inter fans out sang and out shouted us all night long .

Im utterly disgusted , and I took a complete and utter hammering in Cheltenham :(

kryogen wrote: »
    PP have the odds like this

BBC fault- 7/4
    Alex Fergusons fault- 5/2
    Inter being better on the day- 4/1
    Chelsea being rubbish and allowing Inter to win-25/1

Feck off and let us mourn in peace !

Im utterly disgusted , and I took a complete and utter hammering in Cheltenham :(

Aww stop down 400 from Cheltenham, one of the worst days EVER. :(

Johner wrote: »
    Aww stop down 400 from Cheltenham, one of the worst days EVER. :(

Same here , plus £60 from the game tonight !

Feck off and let us mourn in peace !

i know it sounds crazy, but this result could work out quite well by the end of the season

that team doesnt need to be playing any more games then necessary as far as the league is concerned

Drogba stamped on Motta, stupid as usual from him in these situations

re Cheltenham, i actually had a pretty decent day there due to some handy texts i got this morning, but jesus it was a serious bookies day wasnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

who knew Essien was THAT important.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Most of us tbh

• Advertisement

i know it sounds crazy, but this result could work out quite well by the end of the season

that team doesnt need to be playing any more games then necessary as far as the league is concerned

Drogba stamped on Motta, stupid as usual from him in these situations

re Cheltenham, i actually had a pretty decent day there due to some handy texts i got this morning, but jesus it was a serious bookies day wasnt it
    Did he really stamp? Didn't see it?

SlickRic wrote: »

i did

been banging on about how he deserves to be mentioned in the best players in the world discussions for a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Yeah, stamped on his ankle. Not quite sure what Motta was trying to do in the first place - looked as if he was trying to wrestle him to the ground.

yeah, after Motta had rugby tackled him i may aswell add!

Motta tackled him (round the waist) cant remember how but Motta was then on his way down and Drogba blatently stamped on him, his calf i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

:eek: Did ya have your head buried in your hands or something? Even Wenger would have seen that. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

+1

thanks to Sizing Europe and Chief Dan George, roll on day two :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

been banging on about how he deserves to be mentioned in the best players in the world discussions for a long time

oh i knew he was brilliant.

i didn't know Chelsea could look quite that toothless without him, against above average opposition.

Funny how the ref saw Drogbas stamp but none of the Inter fouls in the box. The Euro refs are terrible. For all the moaning I think the EPL is quite lucky with Ref's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What a joke we absolutely deserved that,
    Mourinho is 100% responsible for all the success we have had over the last few years and he is 100% responsible for taking the result away from us tonight

Since he has left we have totally relied on the players he made to stay doing it for us,
    we have absolutely no investment made in our short term revival we bought no 25 year old budding stars to replace the generation of carvalho's drogbas and lampards,

our best days are behind us and we owe it all to the pettiness and lack of vision of our owner

We have been crying out for some rejuvenation for years and instead we replaced our visionary leader with a succession of past it managers happy to keep trying to get the best out of an aged crocked team,

The new contract we offered Ballack only further suggests that we are happy to turn into Meelan keeping trying to get the best out of thirty something year olds

What use is phsyicality and force when the team has no cutting edge

If we are rich why haven't we bough Ribery Hamsik, aguero etc

if Abramovic isn't interested why haven't we given young aspiring players/managers a chance to keep the team going, I would prefer to see Zola try adding young flairy bargain high risk players a chance than
    rely on the old experience of 'proven' managers and old Deco like players brought in to consolidate what we have

cop the feck on and decide where this club is going
    I am not willing to sit and watch us deplete year on year

Congrats to Jose you showed it to the man and yet again you made out Ancelotti to be a fool both on and off the field,
    leaving before the whistle you left it to your players to soak up the rewards your point was made you didn't need to smugly stay and wave to the Chelsea higher ups

Our team is dead and nothing we can do from here is going to change that

I don't think I will regret this in the morning

I would prefer Arsenal to take the league with skill and beautiful football than to see us bully our way to an un-earned title

• Advertisement

ShouldrChip you really dont understand transfers do you. We can't just decide to buy 3 players then go buy them. Simple.

Cole was missed big time tonight too imo

and i dont even like him

OPENROAD wrote: »
    +1

thanks to Sizing Europe and Chief Dan George, roll on day two :)

Zaynar e/w is the only thing I had. Terrible day, I hate the way you bet more on the big races even though they are always tougher. :o

And we do miss Essien big time. :(

ShouldrChip you really dont understand transfers do you. We can't just decide to buy 3 players then go buy them. Simple.

We can make an effort

what the feck did we do in January

if we can't get aguero, pato, dzeko, hamisk, otzil, ALves, Kjaer, Riebry, Diego, Melo

then get Lennon, Mariga, van der vaart, Shawcross, Milner, heck I would take Valencia instead of Ballack

We have had two years without positive re-inforcements

Aguero or Pato would do me.

who will you be "supporting" next year then ShoulderChip?

you have stopped supporting united, you seem to be quite fed up with Chelsea at the moment

hang on, dont City have money now....if they get 4th i reckon it will be them

am i right?

• Advertisement

We can make an effort

what the feck did we do in January

if we can't get aguero, pato, dzeko, hamisk, otzil, ALves, Kjaer, Riebry, Diego, Melo

then get Lennon, Mariga, van der vaart, Shawcross, Milner, heck I would take Valencia instead of Ballack

We have had two years without positive re-inforcements
    What do you expect in Jan? Seriously?

The money it would take for two of them is huge. Half of them would probably take a season to get used to the EPL. Signing loads of big names is not the answer. Look at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

do you really think a pato/aguero standard of player is wat ya need? You already have two of the best strikers in the league who'll be first choice for at least another season or two imo.

i wouldnt be too optimistic about an influx of youth players while CA is at the club

he does place a lot of faith in the older, more experienced player

Mr Alan wrote: »
    do you really think a pato/aguero standard of player is wat ya need? You already have two of the best strikers in the league who'll be first choice for at least another season or two imo.

They will be first choice for five more years the way things are going

CHD is signing no-one the last two years the answer then?
    What exactly are we waiting for

Conor Clifford can't do it all by himself

i wouldnt be too optimistic about an influx of youth players while CA is at the club

he does place a lot of faith in the older, more experienced player
    We have top youth at the club already. Miroslav Stoch will replace J.Cole easily.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement