Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Zaynar e/w is the only thing I had. Terrible day, I hate the way you bet more on the big races even though they are always tougher. :o

And we do miss Essien big time. :(

Essien and cole were sorely missed , Yuri did ok but would not take on any defenders

My only winner of the day was ogee and he got a place , talking to the lads I hear he should of won it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Whats the story with Chelsea and the transfer market , are ye back in business or is there still a ban hanging over the club .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

They will be first choice for five more years the way things are going

CHD is signing no-one the last two years the answer then?
    What exactly are we waiting for

Conor Clifford can't do it all by himself
    We will try sign one of those players you hav mentioned in the summer. That will be all and will be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

CHD wrote: »
    We have top youth at the club already. Miroslav Stoch will replace J.Cole easily.

not saying ye dont have good youth prospects, just pointing out that he likes his experienced players

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Whats the story with Chelsea and the transfer market , are ye back in business or is there still a ban hanging over the club .
    All clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

We will try sign one of those players you hav mentioned in the summer. That will be all and will be enough.

Great just like last summer so

Brilliant plan to wait for their values to soar after the world cup

ROCKMAN wrote: »

We can buy whoever we like

but are totally unwilling to invest so far

we might do a repeat of the summer we bought sidwell, Ben Haim and Pizarro though so everything is looking up

we might do a repeat of the summer we bought sidwell, Ben Haim and Pizarro though so everything is looking up

werent they all signed by your visionary leader though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Are you being sarcastic?

kryogen wrote: »
    werent they all signed by your visionary leader though?

That is an arguable point it can be argued that those players were forced upon him or at least the lack of budget was and led to his departure

but I am whole heartedly willing to admit that he is not a maestro, in the transfer market he does make mistakes, his first two big signings with Inter
    Quaresma and Mancini (who he may have not played a big part in also) were of course huge mistakes and very costly

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic?

I'm just despondent/dejected its time for me to hit the bed I guess, sorry if I went overboard, just very frustrated.

That is an arguable point it can be argued that those players were forced upon him or at least the lack of budget was and led to his departure

but I am whole heartedly willing to admit that he is not a maestro, in the transfer market he does make mistakes, his first two big signings with Inter
    Quaresma and Mancini (who he may have not played a big part in also)
    were of course huge mistakes and very costly

convenient for him isnt it?

there has never been a lack of transfer money since Abramovich came and to suggest otherwise is a bit silly tbh

he has put the money up when the manager has wanted to sign a player

see Bosingwa, Zhirkov etc...

Great just like last summer so

Brilliant plan to wait for their values to soar after the world cup
    You do realise most of the players you want won't change much. Signing 3 uproven EPL players and putting them into the first team is a sure way to never really be in with a shout for the league.

GK - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario. - Fine
    Quality.

D - Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Cole, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Bruma, Huthinson, Zhirkov. - Fine
    Get rid of Fereirra and Belletti, maybe bring in one exp defender.

M - Essien, Lampard, Balllack, Maouda, Mikel, Cole, Stoch, Matic, Kakuta, Zhirkov (Does both) - Fine
    Get rid of Deco maybe sign a wide attacking player

A - Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Sturridge, Borini. - Fine
    Perfection.

That squad is perfect. One of two additions will probably be made but no marquee signing needed. Our problem is our tactics. They do not work effectively unless Essien is playing.

4-5-1 is the way to go. If we did this we would be in a CL quarters now, FA Cup semi, Top of the league with a few points to spare and might have a League Cup.

We don't need wholesale changes! We don't need big signings! We need new tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

missed it unfortunatly ( or not ) as i was working..set it to record to the poxy thing didnt fecking work....sigh!..ah well no excuse now for not taking home the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What worries me most is NEXT SEASON !!!!!

I can't see us signing any new players .... alll our players
    are getting old .... Terry 30 ... Drogba 32.... Ballack .. 32+ LAmps 32 ... etc ......

we don-t sign any young promising players ....

we are finihsed as a club ....

WHEN IS ESSIEN COMING BACK ??? !!!

the_monkey wrote: »
    GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What worries me most is NEXT SEASON !!!!!

I can't see us signing any new players .... alll our players
    are getting old .... Terry 30 ... Drogba 32.... Ballack .. 32+ ... etc ......

we don-t sing any young promising players ....

we are finihsed as a club ....

serious question here

are you bi polar?

or do you just enjoy the dramatic overreaction to a game?

all your players getting old?

Cech-27
    Ivanovic-26
    Alex-27
    Essien-27
    Milkel-22
    Malouda-29 :eek:....hmmm, surprised by that so im leaving it in!
    Bosingwa-27
    Zhrikov-26
    Kalou-24
    Turnbull-25
    Sturridge-20
    Matic-21
    Bruma-18
    Kakuta-18
    Borini-18

WHEN IS ESSIEN COMING BACK ??? !!!

please stop shouting, its late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

kryogen wrote: »
    serious question here

are you bi polar?

or do you just enjoy the dramatic overreaction to a game?

all your players getting old?

Cech-27
    Ivanovic-26
    Alex-27
    Essien-27
    Milkel-22
    Malouda-29 :eek:....hmmm, surprised by that so im leaving it in!
    Bosingwa-27
    Zhrikov-26
    Kalou-24
    Turnbull-25
    Sturridge-20
    Matic-21
    Bruma-18
    Kakuta-18
    Borini-18

With exception of Alex,Cech and essien are any of them, ideally, a first teamer? Roman has to get the cheque book out big time in the summer

Kryogen ... you are loving this aren-t you ..... ????

i am going to kill myself now .... goodbye all ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kryogen ... you are loving this aren-t you ..... ????

i am going to kill myself now .... goodbye all ....

Kryogen is man enough to say when chelsea play well or when we play ****e, and hes not even a chelsea fan. tonite we play ****e, simple as. its far from the end of the world, last time i checked we were still in the hunt for a lil oul thing called the Premiership. honestly, some of your posts could well be regarded as being so far OT.T. its embarassing at times.

and as regard the need for Roman to get the chequebook out?
    oh lord..where to begin on that score-to put it bluntly, we have ample talent in our youth ranks capable of breaking into the Premiership.

hand on the heart at this hour, i want not Jose back (no amount of beer will make me think thats possible tonite!), i want to see the return of Guus. that man had a way, tactic wise etc, and it suited us.

OMG ^^^ a level headed sensible Chelsea fan. No way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

T'was strange, Chelsea looked completely lost in the second half tonight. Mourinhio's tactics seem to leave them stumped and not even the brute force approach created chances.

I still believe that if Jose wasn't dicked around with back in the day and was still in control of Chelsea that Chelsea would be the dominant force in European football.. He brings a confidence and organisation to the team that very few other managers can.

OMG ^^^ a level headed sensible Chelsea fan. No way.

naahhh! im just half cut to be honest!
    keyrogen u ruined my life u bastid!but im forgiving, buy me a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Ok, everybody calm down, this is not the end of the world (or season for that matter).

This time last week we were all saying how we would prefer the league anyway, lets not forget that, the league is and has always been No1, well to the fans at least. This bodes well for our title challenge. We now have less games to play which can only be a positive, especially for an ageing squad like we have. We also know CA can only focus on the league now, thats another positive.

Dont read too much into the performance, it will be a long time before we meet a side as well ogranised and determined as that again. Despite us being poor over 2 legs I still maintain we were incredibly unlucky not to progress. We have played worse and won in the past, its not inconcieveable that the same could have happened here. We were off the boil and are not at full strength anyway, thats all.

I don't think we need a complete over haul of the side, we need a fit Cole, Essien, Cech and to a lesser extent Bosingwa (Ivanovic has been doing a great job). IMO, we need 2 signings, both in midfield, both relatively young. We need to lose Deco & Ballack and I think J Cole needs to take a back seat if not be sold, he's just not good enough and even when he is he's not fit long enough to make an impression. We need another decent ball playing CM, possibly somebody like Sneijder based on last night. We also need a pacey right sided player, capable of beating full backs and getting in a decent cross, I don't know who fits the bill here, any suggestions?*.

I'll take Sneijder just as an example and put him in instead of Ballack, I would be pretty happy with the following line-up next season.

...............................................Cech

.............................Alex/Carvalho................Terry

Bosingwa/ Ivanovic................................................A Cole/ Zhirkov

..............................................Essien/Mikel

................................Sneijder...................... Lampard

Suggestions?*/ Cole ..................................................Malouda/Kalou

.............................................Drogba/Anelka

I dont think there is much wrong with the above, there's no reason why that team shouldn't be challenging on all fronts next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Essien wrote: »
    Ok, everybody calm down, this is not the end of the world (or season for that matter).

This time last week we were all saying how we would prefer the league anyway, lets not forget that, the league is and has always been No1, well to the fans at least. This bodes well for our title challenge. We now have less games to play which can only be a positive, especially for an ageing squad like we have. We also know CA can only focus on the league now, thats another positive.

Dont read too much into the performance, it will be a long time before we meet a side as well ogranised and determined as that again. Despite us being poor over 2 legs I still maintain we were incredibly unlucky not to progress. We have played worse and won in the past, its not inconcieveable that the same could have happened here. We were off the boil and are not at full strength anyway, thats all.

I don't think we need a complete over haul of the side, we need a fit Cole, Essien, Cech and to a lesser extent Bosingwa (Ivanovic has been doing a great job). IMO, we need 2 signings, both in midfield, both relatively young. We need to lose Deco & Ballack and I think J Cole needs to take a back seat if not be sold, he's just not good enough and even when he is he's not fit long enough to make an impression. We need another decent ball playing CM, possibly somebody like Sneijder based on last night. We also need a pacey right sided player, capable of beating full backs and getting in a decent cross, I don't know who fits the bill here, any suggestions?*.

I'll take Sneijder just as an example and put him in instead of Ballack, I would be pretty happy with the following line-up next season.

I dont think there is much wrong with the above, there's no reason why that team shouldn't be challenging on all fronts next season.

Your man Krasic at CSKA , is a great right sided player but I dont want him to go to ye :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Essien wrote: »

I think J Cole needs to take a back seat if not be sold, he's just not good enough .
    Im an arsenal fan but even I can see hes one of the best creative midfielders in the EPL

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Im an arsenal fan but even I can see hes one of the best creative midfielders in the EPL

He can be, but it just doesn't happen often enough with him. I know CA isn't giving him much of a chance but he's injury prone at the best of times, even if he does manage to get a run of form together you can never expect it to last too long.
    And before anybody says that Essien suffers the same problem, the difference is Essien is irreplaceable when fit.

Max Power1 wrote: »

Joe and Deco and Ballack for Cesc,
    good deal there bouy,shake on it?

• Advertisement

Cole (joe) has not been the player he was a couple of seasons ago for a while now and unless he ups his performance by the end of the season and shows he can recapture some of his old form, he wont be a massive loss next season, however,i fully expect him to stay tbh

thinking about it again this morning, im gutted that ye went out last night, can only see it driving ye on for the league and with no distractions now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

papagormo wrote: »
    Joe and Deco and Ballack for Cesc,
    good deal there bouy,shake on it?

Isn't Joe available on a free, out of contract at the end of the season I think :confused:

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Isn't Joe available on a free, out of contract at the end of the season I think :confused:

I think he is actually, forgot about that

jaykay74 wrote: »

good point actually, dont think the contact negs have been sorted as yet.
    okay so...Deco and Ballack for Cesc, and sure if Joe ends up there too he'l have someone to talk to on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

My opinion Chelsea need a couple of new defenders, couple of new midfielders, eh some wingers would be nice and someone to come in and eventully replace Drogba after a year or so. Malouda has showed some recent form but overall he is a dud in his Chelsea career. Cole has, well lost it it seems. JT hasnt been the same player since the scandal. Obi, Deco and Ballack are not top players anymore - Obi never was. Kalou is nothing more than a cup player this year. If Chelsea do not replace the mentioned midfield players then next season will be telling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

You do realise most of the players you want won't change much. Signing 3 uproven EPL players and putting them into the first team is a sure way to never really be in with a shout for the league.

GK - Cech, Turnbull, Hilario. - Fine
    Quality.

D - Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Cole, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Bruma, Huthinson, Zhirkov. - Fine
    Get rid of Fereirra and Belletti, maybe bring in one exp defender.

M - Essien, Lampard, Balllack, Maouda, Mikel, Cole, Stoch, Matic, Kakuta, Zhirkov (Does both) - Fine
    Get rid of Deco maybe sign a wide attacking player

A - Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Sturridge, Borini. - Fine
    Perfection.

That squad is perfect. One of two additions will probably be made but no marquee signing needed. Our problem is our tactics. They do not work effectively unless Essien is playing.

4-5-1 is the way to go. If we did this we would be in a CL quarters now, FA Cup semi, Top of the league with a few points to spare and might have a League Cup.

We don't need wholesale changes! We don't need big signings! We need new tactics.

I admire you're optimism, I really do but i think it's a little far fetched.

You think our squad right now will bring us silverware in the future? We need to start investing in players right now - not necessarily for next season, but for the next 3/4/5 seasons.

You say our attack is Perfection - give me a break. Anelka has been missing since Drogba has been back... and Drogba - what's the point scoring two against West Ham if you're not going to do a damn thing against Inter. Look at the way he's behaved in the last 3 Champions League exits. Getting sent off against United effectively lost us that game. His reaction against Barca was embarrassing, and now last night - getting involved with that crap in the penalty box - walking right into the trap that Inter had set for us. Plus he's getting old - how many 20 goal seasons has he left in him?

We need to start building a new team - get rid of the dead weight. Ballack, Mikel, Kalou, J Cole, Deco - all feature regularly and are just not good enough.

Build a midfield around Essien. Bring in a player at his peak - like a Deco from 4 years ago. A solid central defender, and spend the money on a world class striker - David Villa; would be really expensive but is IMO the best striker in the world at the moment, and if Torres has proved anything, he'd more than handle the pace of the Premiership. A pacey right winger wouldnt go astray either.

Let CA get the players he wants. If we want to win the Champions league we need to spend the money on a few quality players - not a bunch of mediocre ones.

SSN: JT questioned and breathalysed by Police after knocking over a member of the Chelsea staff in his car last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anyone of you who think Chelsea need to buy a sh*t load of players are overreacting and/or slightly deluded.

the tactics are/were all wrong.

no Essien makes you 50% weaker in that formation and with those tactics.

plus Ballack needs to be strung up.

that's about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I want to see Ballack dropped and Matic given a chance. Ballack has offered nothing all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Iolar wrote: »
    Link?

switch on SSN.

it's not on the website yet.

Iolar wrote: »
    Link?

:confused:

Its on SSN. Try football 365 and you can watch SSN there as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

According to the club statment Terry didn't realise he'd hit a staff member and continued away from the ground. He's since spoken to police and the staff member in question.

How in gods name do you hit someone hard enough to break their leg and not register the contact??

Iago wrote: »
    According to the club statment Terry didn't realise he'd hit a staff member and continued away from the ground. He's since spoken to police and the staff member in question.

How in gods name do you hit someone hard enough to break their leg and not register the contact??

Probably had a piss up when Jose after the game to drown his sorrows.

Drogba said he didnt deserve his red!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Sounds very dodge. Surely if he knew there was contact like he said himself he would have got out and made sure yer man was alright and then when he seen he had a broken leg he'd have stayed there. Unless of course he was avoiding something, wonder what that might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

SlickRic wrote: »
    anyone of you who think Chelsea need to buy a sh*t load of players are overreacting and/or slightly deluded.

the tactics are/were all wrong.

no Essien makes you 50% weaker in that formation and with those tactics.

plus Ballack needs to be strung up.

that's about it.

You're right - we dont need a load of sh*t load of players - we need around 3/4 QUALITY players, and to get rid of all the sh*te we have currently.

I agree - getting Essien fit is a top priority. I really think he's in the top 3 midfielders in the Premiership.

chalad07 wrote: »
    I admire you're optimism, I really do but i think it's a little far fetched.

You think our squad right now will bring us silverware in the future? We need to start investing in players right now - not necessarily for next season, but for the next 3/4/5 seasons.

You say our attack is Perfection - give me a break. Anelka has been missing since Drogba has been back... and Drogba - what's the point scoring two against West Ham if you're not going to do a damn thing against Inter. Look at the way he's behaved in the last 3 Champions League exits. Getting sent off against United effectively lost us that game. His reaction against Barca was embarrassing, and now last night - getting involved with that crap in the penalty box - walking right into the trap that Inter had set for us. Plus he's getting old - how many 20 goal seasons has he left in him?

We need to start building a new team - get rid of the dead weight. Ballack, Mikel, Kalou, J Cole, Deco - all feature regularly and are just not good enough.

Build a midfield around Essien. Bring in a player at his peak - like a Deco from 4 years ago. A solid central defender, and spend the money on a world class striker - David Villa; would be really expensive but is IMO the best striker in the world at the moment, and if Torres has proved anything, he'd more than handle the pace of the Premiership. A pacey right winger wouldnt go astray either.

Let CA get the players he wants. If we want to win the Champions league we need to spend the money on a few quality players - not a bunch of mediocre ones.
    Tomorrow I will write up a big long post showing my optimism is correct :)

Picture of the before and after.

terry-leg-break.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Dunphy will clearly tell us the exact problems with Chelsea this evening.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement