Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Question is, will RA want to invest more money ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

deisedevil wrote: »
    Sounds very dodge. Surely if he knew there was contact like he said himself he would have got out and made sure yer man was alright and then when he seen he had a broken leg he'd have stayed there. Unless of course he was avoiding something, wonder what that might be.
    The chap is really the lowest of the low.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Dunphy will clearly tell us the exact problems with Chelsea this evening.:)

I want to hear that !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ye didnt get a mention as far as i know lads

even Eamo has given up on ye maybe?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

We're out of a knockout competition. Big deal - Its not the end of the world. Still have a good squad and with Essien, cole and Cech to come back it'll only get better. We do need to add a few new players but no more than any other of the big four. No need to panic - just yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

kryogen wrote: »

ahh sure we are like an aul crocked up tractor altogether, id say we will be battling hull for relegation by the end of april.

all we are saying..is give pensioners a chance!

havent seen the Eamo discussion, my bet is hes hopping onto the Arsenal bandwagon as fast as a delivery guy would make a speedy getaway from your gaff when he suddenly realises you gave him an extra tenner by accident.

let the battle for the Premiership rage on i say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yes he did, he said Chelsea have lost their heart when they lost Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yes he did, he said Chelsea have lost their heart when they lost Jose.

"she broke my hearrrt...i broke her jawww..."

we got to the Champions league final under Avram the Great, and beaten by eventual winners Barca a year later.
    but we did mess things up big style this time round admittedly.
    in the premierleague, 2008 season finished 2nd, 2009 season we came 3rd, and 2010 are 2points behind with a game in hand.

bit of fire in the oul bellies yet id be thinking.

papagormo wrote: »
    "she broke my hearrrt...i broke her jawww..."

we got to the Champions league final under Avram the Great, and beaten by eventual winners Barca a year later.
    but we did mess things up big style this time round admittedly.
    in the premierleague, 2008 season finished 2nd, 2009 season we came 3rd, and 2010 are 2points behind with a game in hand.

bit of fire in the oul bellies yet id be thinking.

Just what he said.

Quote Giles, "Avram Grant has no magical powers."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Jesus christ just seen the highlights...bloody hell how we not get a peno?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

We seem destined not to get one in any critical CL tie !

I know Terry & Carvalho especially are guilty of blocking attacker runs etc. at corners / free-kicks week in week out, but some of the Inter "rugby" tackles last night were unmissable by any ref. who regards themselves as anyway competent !

I know Drogba deserved his red for the stamp. but Motta should have gone for the way he tried to wrestle him to the ground - the ref. caught the retaliation piece but both he and his linesman missed the original foul which preceded it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The league was always the main thing to win this season. Sure the Champions League would have been nice but it wasn't to be, we just have to focus on the League and FA Cup double now. Tactics need to be changed.

Chelsea target Fernando Torres as they plan squad rebuild.

Well I laughed anyway, just thinking about that it would be brilliant getting Torres but there is no chance in hell of it happening. One can only dream of Torres and Drogba upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm reading there's going to be a revamp in the summer and ballacks's not on the list of outs? He should be first on the list!

Ancelotti seems to love Ballack and he got a contract extension not so long ago. :(

YOUTH CUP REPORT: BLACKBURN ROVERS 0 CHELSEA 1
    Posted on: Wed 17 Mar 2010

A first-half own-goal has given Chelsea a good chance of making a second FA Youth Cup Final in three years.

Away goals do not count double in this competition but the lead from this semi-final first leg and the strong performance that earned it should give Dermot Drummy's side plenty of confidence to take into Monday's second leg at Stamford Bridge.

Against a Blackburn side that beat Manchester United and Everton on their way to the semi-finals, the Chelsea Under 18s were the better side in the first 45 minutes. Blackburn improved in a second-half that saw both sides reduced to 10 men early on but having survived pressure, Chelsea restored superiority and created several chances towards the end. It remains just one goal conceded in what is now five cup games.

Kaby Djalo was the Chelsea player shown a red card so the skilful midfielder will take no part in the second leg.

There was just one change to the team that started the emphatic 4-0 win at Watford in the previous round. Jacopo Sala was fit again after an Achilles injury so the Italian took his place wide on the right of attack in a 4-3-3 shape. Milan Lalkovic made way.

The young Blues have made a habit of starting well in this Youth Cup campaign and the opening at Ewood Park was steady, although matched by the home team.

Conor Cliffoird was the first to warm the Blackburn keeper's hands in the 10th minute after Gokhan Tore's cross was cleared to the edge of the area.

Another cross from the Turkish Under 21 international five minutes later was met by a stooping Marko Mitrovic but the Chelsea centre-forward couldn't direct a difficult chance on target.

On 17 minutes a cross was whipped in from the other flank by advanced right-back Billy Clifford and Mitrovic timed his jump perfectly at the near post, only to see his header rebound of the crossbar.

Kaby then had a shot deflected wide as Chelsea began to take a grip on the match. With the corner that resulted, the goal came.

Sala (pictured below) took it and hit an area at the near post well-policed by Blackburn shirts but the pace on the ball was enough that rather than clear it, one of two men stationed there deflected it in for an own-goal. The culprit was Tom Hitchcock - Blackburn's centre-forward and son for former Chelsea goalie Kevin Hitchcock.

0,,10268~8680367,00.jpg

Hitchcock's next act was kicking Sam Walker as the Chelsea keeper cleared upfield, an offence for which he was lectured but not booked.

Just past the half-hour mark an ultra-committed Conor Clifford momentarily saw a ball he could win and flew into a challenge, taking a very painful kick on the calf. For the second time in the game the Ireland Under 21 international needed treatment, but his memorable St Patrick's Day happily continued uninhibited.

Blackburn enjoyed a better spell approaching half-time but the Chelsea back four that has been the bedrock of this cup run again proved solid, despite Rovers possessing two pacy widemen.

Six minutes after the restart the Lancashire side come close to beating Walker when centre-back Grant Hanley headed a corner on-target but Kaby leapt and headed off the line.

Shortly after followed the ugly moment that resulted in the two red cards. It initially started with a foul by Sala and some words between the Italian and Josh Morris, but then many others became involved as both sides lost discipline. When it calmed down, Kaby was dismissed for punch on Rovers' Michael Potts who had kicked the Chelsea youngster. Sala was shown a yellow.

The home side's good start to the half (in football terms) continued when Hitchcock headed down and it took all of Walker's 6ft 5in to keep it out.

For Chelsea, McEachran hit a crisp shot too straight and then Sala and Mitrovic threatened to bundle a loose ball in.

Billy Clifford earned himself a booking on 66 minutes and when Chelsea countered moments later, Mitrovic fired just wide after McEeachran had cleverly drawn the Blackburn defence.

Inside the final 10 minutes, Tore, who had buzzed around menacingly throughout, found Sala for a shot straight at the keeper and then substitute Lalkovic gave Mitrovic (pictured below) a half-chance but Rovers defended well.

0,,10268~8680366,00.jpg

Lalkovic then shot narrowly over in stoppage time as Chelsea broke from our own half. That was followed by a surging run past two by left-back Conteh who was denied by a very good save.

'I'm pleased,' said youth team manager Drummy after the game. 'The boys matured tonight in what was a very tough game. We didn't get the call in a lot of free-kicks but they kept a good mentality and we played some good football. Blackburn worked really hard, put their foot in but we kept our composure and tried to play.

'If we sat off Blackburn it would invite them to play the long ball and look for second balls which is what they do well so we had to take the game to them.

'Sam Walker made a great save and all the defenders did well. Jeffrey Bruma has shown fantastic attitude - on the bench for the Champions League one night, up here for the youth team the next and he just gets on with it.

'We can now dictate the game a bit at the Bridge but it will still be a tough game without a doubt, but hopefully if we can produce a battling performance like tonight's again we can go through.'

The second leg is on Monday at Stamford Bridge. Please note there is a maximum 3,000 tickets available, so supporters are advised to buy tickets early to avoid disappointment. Kick-off is 7pm.

The match will also be live on Chelsea TV with coverage beginning at 6.15pm

Chelsea (4-3-3): Sam Walker; Billy Clifford, Danny Mills Pappoe, Jeffrey Bruma, Aziz-Deen Conteh; Aliu 'Kaby' Djalo, Josh McEachran (Milan Lalkovic 81), Conor Clifford (c); Jacopo Sala, Marko Mitrovic (Rohan Ince 90+3), Gokhan Tore.

Blackburn (4-3-3): Josh Swann; Jackson Ramm, Grant Hanley, Anthony O'Connor, Josh Morris; Jordan Bowen, Jason Lowe, Michael Potts; Micah Evans, Tom Hitchcock, Jason Banton (Osayamen Osawe).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Johner wrote: »
    The league was always the main thing to win this season. Sure the Champions League would have been nice but it wasn't to be, we just have to focus on the League and FA Cup double now. Tactics need to be changed.

What a load of crap.

Lets not forget this isn't Carlo's team, Hiddink got Zhirkov and Sturridge was signed by Arnesen, he identifed players didn't get them due to the ludicrous money, he needs time to build his own team and next christmas if we still havent sorted things out, then we must look at his position, but I'm confident it will be.
    I'd have Zhirkov and Malouda behind Drogs and give Anelka some bench time and put Palo back to left back.
    Unforunately in the mid we have no option at the mo to change Ballack.

I hear Phil Browns looking for work........just sayin'.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

So will most of boards.ie

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    What a load of crap.

Great contribution.

A load of crap? What are you talking about it's my opinion I'd much prefer to win the league the 38 game season which should be the main target.I'd love to win the Champions League but the main focus has to be the league. If you have nothing good to contribute to this thread then don't bother posting anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Ancelotti said before th Inter game that he wants to win the Champ League more then the Prem.

I'm talking about my own opinion, the main aim is the Premier League, always will be.

I'd absolutely love us to win the Champions League I'm not denying that but the league comes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Johner wrote: »
    Great contribution.

A load of crap? What are you talking about it's my opinion I'd much prefer to win the league the 38 game season which should be the main target.I'd love to win the Champions League but the main focus has to be the league. If you have nothing good to contribute to this thread then don't bother posting anything.

LoL

If its your opinion then fine. I thought that you were implying it was Chelsea's main aim. Ancelotti had a sit down interview with Sky before the Inter game on tuesday and was actually asked what trophy was his main aim this season and he answered the Champions league. I am sure the Ruski would answer the same if you could ever get an interview. Also 100% it was the Chelsea players main aim also.

LoL

If its your opinion then fine. I thought that you were implying it was Chelsea's main aim. Ancelotti had a sit down interview with Sky before the Inter game on tuesday and was actually asked what trophy was his main aim this season and he answered the Champions league. I am sure the Ruski would answer the same if you could ever get an interview. Also 100% it was the Chelsea players main aim also.

Oh right sorry reading my post back it looks like I meant Chelsea's main aim. Yeah Roman's main aim at the start of every season is the Champion's League. I just really want us to win the league again. Obviously I'd love the CL but at the start of every season if you ask me what trophy I'd like us to win I'll say the League every time. Plus we can't have United winning it 4 times in a row. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

On the sky sports web site, only 20% have voted that Chelsea will win the league. Even allowing for fans voting for their team, I'm surprised.
    Yes, Arseanl's run in is easier, but its NOT easy. Yes, Chelsea have to play UTd but a draw / win there would be a good result.

I never thought i'd be up for Liverpool this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As much as I'd love Liverpool to take points from Utd I seriously doubt they will at Old Trafford this year, I'd hope they could get a draw but the way both teams are playing it only has a United win all written all over it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

LoL

The way the team played on Tuesday night it did not seem lke they had any aims

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Hoping liverpool do us a favour on sunday. Cant see it happening based on current but liverpool always seem to up their game against utd.

On a side note, I would love for us to get rid of Ballack. Doesnt contribute enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

i can't understand how ballack is a permanent fixture in the team.there is no need for him in the chelsea midfield.malouda is trying to be a winger.where is the width when ashley cole is not overlapping.hope chelsea can stop united doing the four in a row

Malouda is trying to be a winger? is he not a winger?

Who do you start ahead of Ballack right now

then think about who OAP lover Ancelotti starts ahead of OAP Ballack?

Terrible news about our young centre back Carl Magnay a serious knee injury apparantally

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Thats as nasty a knee injury I have heard of in a long time , two ligaments gone and a cracked knee cap , without anyone challenging him

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1998086,00.html

Terrible news for a young lad

Sorry to hear and wish him a speedy recovery

I was watching Aguero tonight , Athletico went through 2-2 on away goals .... he was looking good ... is he still on the summer wishlist ??

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    I was watching Aguero tonight , Athletico went through 2-2 on away goals .... he was looking good ... is he still on the summer wishlist ??

i would imagine Pato has taken his place due to Ancelloti

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Who do you start ahead of Ballack right now

I think he should give Matic a chance. Can't do any harm, Ballack has been pretty anonymous to say the least.

I think he should give Matic a chance. Can't do any harm, Ballack has been pretty anonymous to say the least.

or our young ginger..who they say is the next lamps..forget his name :P

Soby wrote: »
    or our young ginger..who they say is the next lamps..forget his name :P

Connor Clifford?

nah not him..hang on ill stop been lazy and look him up

*edit* ah maybe not he still only 17 thought he was older..It was Michael woods i was thinknig of

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Connor Clifford?
    I hear he is the next Lampard and the future of Chelsea

CHD wrote: »
    I hear he is the next Lampard and the future of Chelsea

Certainly looks quality from bit I've seen of him in the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Was Carl Magnay the geordie fella who won (or did well?) in Football Icon?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Was Carl Magnay the geordie fella who won (or did well?) in Football Icon?

yup http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TheReservesProfiles/0,,10268~900390,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Eamo87 wrote: »
    Hoping liverpool do us a favour on sunday. Cant see it happening based on current but liverpool always seem to up their game against utd.

Good win for Liverpool last night - Torres scoring again so I reckon they have a good chance of getting something at OT on Sunday.

I'd love to see Matic and Kakuta given a chance, but at this stage of the run in, I'd be inclined to go with experienced players, cause we'd be risking alot, that said they should ber getting on the bench.
    I'd like to see a midfield trio of Lamps Mikel and Zhirkov

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This mad me laugh
    Scandal-magnet John Terry cannot stay out of trouble, and in the latest incident, he RAN OVER a disabled child whilst out of his face on ILLEGAL DRUGS, following Chelsea`s elimination from the Champions League on Tuesday night.

After Chelsea were hammered 0-5 by Inter on Tuesday, John Terry roared out of the Stamford Bridge car park in his diamond-encrusted HUMMER, in the process ploughing through some innocent by-standers who just happened to be milling around the exit.

One onlooker CONFIRMED that Terry was driving at a DANGEROUS and RECKLESS speed (estimated to be in excess of 65 kmh), and that he failed to check as he emerged from the parking lot whether there could be people walking across the pavement. There is speculation that actually JT waited in the ramp for enough people to be present before DELIBERATELY slamming the accelerator.

And to everyone`s HORROR, John Terry (who is already in trouble for HAVING AN AFFAIR with former team-mates Wayne Bridge`s WIFE) crashed through passers by, knocking over a CHILD in a WHEELCHAIR. The child`s parents informed us that they had been out with their son for his 6th birthday.

But Chelsea captain John Terry`s shame did not stop there. For passers by were disgusted to see that JT screeched his Hummer to a halt, and then reversed to CRUSH the poor child and his wheelchair once more. An eyewitness told us that, in doing so Terry CUPPED his hand to his EAR, as if to ENJOY the sound of innocent bones being SNAPPED LIKE TWIGS.

Despite the smoked glass windows, everyone could see that JT (who was recently stripped of the England captaincy) was not alone: in the backseat were 2 LADIES OF THE NIGHT. Having MAIMED a child, Terry then stamped down on the accelerator to speed away with his passengers (who cackled manically), possibly to a SEEDY MOTEL which rents rooms by the hour.

The girl in question was then taken to hospital, where all three of her legs had to be AMPUTATED.

In further developments, police later visited John Terry for a BLOOD TEST to check whether he had been driving under the influence. Police were disgusted to discover that JT`s blood contained a lurid cocktail of alcohol (several times over the limit), performance-enhancing steroids, human growth hormone, weapons-grade cocaine, as well as Viagra. He was immediately HANDCUFFED and TAKEN INTO CUSTODY.

CLARIFICATION: upon verification of the facts, we are happy to clarify that John Terry was, in fact, involved in a slight traffic incident when he hit a Chelsea steward with his Range Rover, driving at a speed of 1 or 2 miles per hour. The incident has been described by everybody, including the steward in question, as 'a complete accident`.

The steward has been taken to hospital for 'bruising on the legs` and pointed out that JT could not have possibly known what was happening. Neither before nor after the incident did the steward in question ever use a wheelchair.

Contrary to what was written earlier, JT was in the car only with his wife, he was driving home respecting the speed limit, and police breath-tests (which are standard procedures in such a case) have revealed that Mr Terry had not been drinking at all. No charges were pressed and no further action is required.

We can, however, confirm the information given in our original article that Chelsea had been playing Inter that evening.

This newspaper would like to apologise to its readers for any misleading information that we may have given them, as well as to Mr Terry. We would like to assure Mr Terry that any slight to his reputation from our original article was purely unintentional.

Great to see gudjonsson score today :D

Soby wrote: »
    Great to see gudjonsson score today :D

Always liked him, did you see him interviewed on MOTD? Said his strength to hold off Faye for the goal was like a typical viking!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Anyone else anxious we will throw it all away tomorrow?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement