Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No chance, he's all turked up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ahh yes but Roman has the gift of the gab..
    and a sizable wallet fulla possibilites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

First post here in a while.... Still in an utter sulk over Tuesday's loss to Inter and this weekend hasn't exactly had me skipping around the fúcking maypole. But anyway....

As much as I disagree with some of his tactics, will removing Ancelloti a mere 8 months into his reign and attempting to coerce someone else in really work in the long run? We have to give managers a chance. We can't be like the Red Queen from 'Alice In Wonderland' and screaming for their head when things start going a bit sideways on us. If Chelsea axe C.A. within the near future, I think it will be for the detriment of the club, to be honest. To manage a team in what is probably the most difficult and unpredictable league in the world takes more than a little bit of getting used to.

Chelsea's injury woes definitely had a huge role in the sudden downturn of form; the psychological effect and impact of the loss of such players as Ashley Cole (on his day, the best left back in the world) and Michael Essien (arguably the best holding/defensive midfielder in the world) cannot be underestimated and then to lose the two first choice goalkeepers... Blow after blow. But that said, the squad should be strong enough and there really is no excuse. Tactics are the main cause of this and really do need to be adjusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ih CA just went to 4-5-1/4-3-3, which suits the players he has at his dosposal better ye'd be a lot better off IMO. I don't like this diamond formation. Hopefully he persists with it till at least the Summer though.:pac:

Diamond doesn't work at all. No way.

4-5-1 = we'd be playing a damn sight better than we are now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the diamond doesnt really seem to suit unless Bosingwa and Cole are available. but the manager likes it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

While i would like to see Guss back i cant see much point in getting rid of Carlo (cept for Guss for José :P)..We get rid of him we are a step closer to becoming the new madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just a few things from yesterday that I feel hurt us, losing Ivanovic and his ability to defend in general, his defending at the back post for the goal was absolute muck.

Bringing on Deco, a crafty, creative player that likes to play around with the ball and pass it off, on a surface that playing a 3 yard pass was difficult.

Why was Sturridge only giving 4 minutes?

We played ok but against a team like Blackburn, a team that you know what to expect, a tough battle and in your face type approach, a 1 goal lead was never going be enough.

We have let ourselfs the hard, but not impossible task of having to win all our remaining games to become champions, if we do it, it will definetly be deserved.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Why can everyone else see in our current perdiciment that the diamond is not suitable except Ancellotti. He has never fancied Mikel there, he has tried everyone there without much success and reverts back to Mikel. Passing is far too slow and we all know about his lack of concentration. We should play 4-5-1 for the rest of the season and start bringing through the youth. Matic, Borini, Kakuta should be getting some decent game time, especially since what we have on the pitch now isn't doing its job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

...... We should play 4-5-1 for the rest of the season and start bringing through the youth. Matic, Borini, Kakuta should be getting some decent game time, especially since what we have on the pitch now isn't doing its job.

I think that almost everyone here would love to see that happening but TBH i dont see it, CA is set in his ways and has proved this by being so persistant in playing a formation that simpky doesn't suit the current team at all, what chelsea needs is a yard sale!!!

People are talking about giving CA time, but he is so reluctant to change that by giving him more time will simply compond the matter, we rally need rid of ballack, deco and dare i say it but we should have let lampard go to inter, he is getting worse every week now, he is non-exsistant in 80% of the games, it is somewhat down to the tatics but not entirelly.

Another thing is the difference that has been made when Zola snapped up Clarke is unreal, ah there are lots of things that are our downfall this year, i could be here all day writing this post, but still its not over till its over, we gotta have faith!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

DazMarz wrote: »
    Diamond doesn't work at all. No way.

4-5-1 = we'd be playing a damn sight better than we are now.....

He's changed it to 4-3-3 and that doesn't seem to be working either.

Lets go 4-4-2

Cech

Ivan Alex Terry Ferreria

Kalou Mikel Lamps Malouda

Anelka Drogs

Anelka is really testing my patience started so well, but went into oblivion in second half, but we have no one else really, well apart from Sturridge.
    For the right hand side its between Kalou and Cole neither are brilliant, but the latter hasn't been fully fit, but still poor.

Need to really hammer pompey on wednesday and make a point..Cause they are gonna come out fighting..Everyone point to them is gold

Soby wrote: »
    Need to really hammer pompey on wednesday and make a point..Cause they are gonna come out fighting..Everyone point to them is gold

Big time. And the worst thing is, Pompey really seem to be looking to go out with a bang; they're finally playing decent now when it is far too little and far too late.

Killer fact: we only beat them 2-1 in the Bridge back in December, and only then cos we were awarded a peno in the 80-odd minute. (Fair enough, Fabio Borini had two near misses and could have sent the game to 3-1, then 4-1, but that's beside the point). We conceded from a stupid set-piece in that game and we really do need to put in a good performance.

At this stage, I'd take beating them 2-0, or even another 2-1 tbh. 3 points is all that matters. Grind it out and win ugly, t'fúck.

On a better note the Youths just hammered Blackburn in the 2nd leg of the semi 4-0(5-0 agg) at the Bridge. :) Great performance, Clifford went off injured in the first half. :( Goals from Mitrovic, Sala x2 and Gokhan Tore. :D Newcastle or Villa in the final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Ivanovic out for a month but Cole could return in 3 weeks.

According to Grant he will be weighing up what the priorities are now for Pompey though, now that they have no chance of survival, cant remember the exact phrase, but his words definitely left me with the feeling that Pompey wouldnt be bursting a gut for the rest of the season

hope they are though obviously!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

kryogen wrote: »
    According to Grant he will be weighing up what the priorities are now for Pompey though, now that they have no chance of survival, cant remember the exact phrase, but his words definitely left me with the feeling that Pompey wouldnt be bursting a gut for the rest of the season

hope they are though obviously!

Id say he'd still love to get one over Abramovich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well ... allthough its very difficult it still is actually in our hands still ....

if we win on wednesday ... we are 1 point behind united 1 ahead of Ars ... if we beat united we are 2 pts ahead...

or am i missing something ??? cos The Guardian was saying also the same (out of chelsea's hands)...

Fair point, and I DID realise that as I posted but what I was trying to get across is that we've gone from a position whereby winning the other games and drawing at OT would have been enough for us, now realistically, we've got to win all of our games incl. Utd. away and let's face it, in the form Chelsea are in, that's a very tall order.

First things first, need a win at Pompey on Weds. night, and we also need Brum to put a dent in Arsenal's winning run on Sat. (assuming we don't go and slip up further at home to Villa !)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

I think that almost everyone here would love to see that happening but TBH i dont see it, CA is set in his ways and has proved this by being so persistant in playing a formation that simpky doesn't suit the current team at all, what chelsea needs is a yard sale!!!

Cant see it happening though. Not unless Roman demands it. Dont forget CA has come from Milan where they all play into their late 30's. Bringing youth through wouldnt be one of his strong points.

Next two games are absolutely huge for Chelsea... Pompey and Villa won't be easy, Pompey due to the form they are in at the min (too little too late tho, but still) and Villa are still hunting 4th.

C.A. seems to prefer to rely on experience and more aged players than is wise, and does not seem overly enamoured with younger players coming through. It's about time he did do it tho, cos it is badly needed.

he never really has been too enamoured with youth though

seems to like guys who dont need to be "coached" so much, guys who know what their job is and are experienced in doing it

CA has already said the youth wil play a part and Matic, Sturridge, Borini and Bruma will be involved next year alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

CHD wrote: »
    CA has already said the youth wil play a part and Matic, Sturridge, Borini and Bruma will be involved next year alot.

its good that hes said that but personally i wouldnt mind if he were to take a cheeky punt on one or two of them every once in a while in the coming games.(thinking back to Deco getting on ahead of Sturridge, i didnt actually see the game, listened to it on the oul wireless, Deco didnt get a mention after he came on, possibly Sturridge would have had more of an influence- but thats hindsight talk i suppose though)
    play 4-5-1 and keep her wide Carlo, thats how id roll!

has he?

good for ye if its true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

jrar wrote: »
    Fair point, and I DID realise that as I posted but what I was trying to get across is that we've gone from a position whereby winning the other games and drawing at OT would have been enough for us, now realistically, we've got to win all of our games incl. Utd. away and let's face it, in the form Chelsea are in, that's a very tall order.

First things first, need a win at Pompey on Weds. night, and we also need Brum to put a dent in Arsenal's winning run on Sat. (assuming we don't go and slip up further at home to Villa !)

Indeed ... unlikely, but it was annoying me what the Guardian had said (see my earlier post ...) ... I emailed the editor about it too ....
    he hasn't gotten back to me .... maybe he knows my reputation here ??

:D

Ironic that I actually am right this time...

the_monkey wrote: »
    Indeed ... unlikely, but it was annoying me what the Guardian had said (see my earlier post ...) ... I emailed the editor about it too ....
    he hasn't gotten back to me .... maybe he knows my reputation here ??

:D

Ironic that I actually am right this time...

i am in fact the editor of the guardian

i di receive your email but i will be damned if i am going to admit you got it right for a change ;)

papagormo wrote: »
    its good that hes said that but personally i wouldnt mind if he were to take a cheeky punt on one or two of them every once in a while in the coming games.(thinking back to Deco getting on ahead of Sturridge, i didnt actually see the game, listened to it on the oul wireless, Deco didnt get a mention after he came on, possibly Sturridge would have had more of an influence- but thats hindsight talk i suppose though)
    play 4-5-1 and keep her wide Carlo, thats how id roll!
    You can't play inexperienced youth in a run in for the title. Only Sturridge has a shout to come on in a game the rest cannot be trusted.

You can't play inexperienced youth in a run in for the title. Only Sturridge has a shout to come on in a game the rest cannot be trusted.

i totally see where you are coming from, and i agree in priciple, but there are occasions when you can give the youth a chance

even if its only to shake up the old heads and let them know they are not guaranteed a place

Pompey would be a good place to try that, but a huge risk obviously

i totally see where you are coming from, and i agree in priciple, but there are occasions when you can give the youth a chance

even if its only to shake up the old heads and let them know they are not guaranteed a place

Pompey would be a good place to try that, but a huge risk obviously
    Yes but we havn't anyone to bring in and trust except Sturridge. Kakuta is overhyped and should only get the last 15 if we are 3-0 up at home. Matic the same. Borini can't be trusted as he has done nothing yet so it would have to be when 3-0 and 15 mins left again. You can't throw Bruma into our defence when you have Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Carvalho, Zhirkov all fit, it is asking for trouble. Sturridge has scored goals in the FA cup and has played a good few PL games. The rest of our are another year away.

• Advertisement

Yes but we havn't anyone to bring in and trust except Sturridge. Kakuta is overhyped and should only get the last 15 if we are 3-0 up at home. Matic the same. Borini can't be trusted as he has done nothing yet so it would have to be when 3-0 and 15 mins left again. You can't throw Bruma into our defence when you have Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Carvalho, Zhirkov all fit, it is asking for trouble. Sturridge has scored goals in the FA cup and has played a good few PL games. The rest of our are another year away.

fair enough

(why arent you over in the keane thread bashing him and winding me up?)

fair enough

(why arent you over in the keane thread bashing him and winding me up?)
    I like Keane and you gave up trying to wind me up so you are off my list.

I like Keane and you gave up trying to wind me up so you are off my list.

you like Keane? seriously my affection for you grows daily my man

i take back saying i didnt like you, aplogies, it was before i really got to know you :p

never tried to wind you up did i?

well, maybe i did, just dont remember it

There is no way you could remember all your attempts you are a machine, I'm almost jealous! :)

(Last post was posted in work, dossing... Nearly got caught and nearly got killed... haha. Back home and safe now!:o)

I'd really love to see some of the young guns getting more of a run. I realise it's a big risk in any game really, but when the current ones we have on the pitch aren't producing it in a game, it is well worth a gamble.

Take Wednesday night for instance, which is a must win for me... 60 mins gone, still 0-0 or something... or even horror of horrors Pompey have sneaked a 1-0 lead. Instead of throwing on Deco, lash on Sturridge. At 70 mins, take off say Ballack or Mikel if they're still on and send in Borini, Matic or Kakuta. No point in sending them on at 88 mins and so on. Give them a bit of time.

I love the saying "Age and sneakiness will always beat youth and enthusiasm" but at the moment I am not so sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ivanovic out is a big blow to Chelsea, makes their defense significantly weaker imo, as he's been very impressive this year.

Ivanovic has been a beast all season for Chelsea. One of the better players out there. I remember seeing an article in a newspaper during the ACN and they boldly said while Drogba/Essien/et al were away, Ivanovic was probably the best player we had.

Ferreira is decent, but not a patch on either Ivanovic or Bosingwa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ferreira is decent, but not a patch on either Ivanovic or Bosingwa.

I've always thought Ferreira is an accident waiting to happen. Chelseas answer to Silvestre.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I've always thought Ferreira is an accident waiting to happen. Chelseas answer to Silvestre.

He doesn't exactly fill me with confidence but he's not the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Cech back for tomorrow, but I wish Essien came back soon, 2 weeks away I heard, but then has to get back to match fitness.
    Cole will prob make the last game of the season which means we'll have him for Fa Cup final if we get there.

• Advertisement

Just seen cech might be back :D..sweet

Cech should be back tomorrow or so the buzz is... Good sign. Now, if we can just get Essien and Ashley back quicker than expected..... please...

Essien returns final match day..Boom 50 yard goal..Title won :D....or so i dreamt :P

Soby wrote: »
    Essien returns final match day..Boom 50 yard goal..Title won :D....or so i dreamt :P

I'd hope to have the title won before the final day of the season, tbh.... haha. Can't see it happening. This one will be down to the freaking wire...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lads ,

If anyone that is a Chelsea member and is not going to the semi final of the FA cup in Wembley would they be able to pick me up a second ticket ?

My self and my mate are heading over for my birthday that weekend but members can only pick one ticket up at the moment . You will need to 20 loyalty points to get one . I would drop the money to you tomorrow ,
    I picked one up this morning but I am not sure if they will any left for members to pick up a second.

Let me know either way , Cheers.

On a footballing note : if we win the next two games it will be a massive boost for us and put us in great shape to go to OT for what will be the title decider in my eyes.

Win for Man U and they should wrap up the league,

Win for Chelsea and they should take her home

Draw and Arsenal come from the blindside and would more than likely take it home , plus I believe RVP is back in training which will be a massive boost for them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cech should be back tomorrow or so the buzz is... Good sign. Now, if we can just get Essien and Ashley back quicker than expected..... please...

Its been just over 10 weeks since Essien got injured and not a sniff of him coming back either , at this rate I would be surprised to see him before the end of the season !

What has been the story with all the injuries this season ?

Did CA bring his own medical /backroom staff with him or is it just pure bad luck ?

God only knows... Football Gods must favour other clubs this season! Hahaha. Injuries are just crippling the shít outta us this season. But I still reckon if we grit the teeth and go for the jugular, it is still within our reach.

Daz you are a legend , Cheers fella :D

Daz you are a legend , Cheers fella :D

No problem! Anytime.

Should be a good game!!! Wish I could go....

• Advertisement

Does anyone else think at €40 for Villa we should steer well clear ???

Let Man City have him for that price IMO , the lad is 28 , we need to aiming our sights for something a lot younger .

We might get 3-4 top seasons out of him , Liverpool got it bang on with Torres

Augero is the man for me !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement