Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DazMarz wrote: »
    No problem! Anytime.

Should be a good game!!! Wish I could go....

Maybe we might get the final in , if we are lucky :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Does anyone else think at €40 for Villa we should steer well clear ???

Let Man City have him for that price IMO , the lad is 28 , we need to aiming our sights for something a lot younger .

We might get 3-4 top seasons out of him , Liverpool got it bang on with Torres

Augero is the man for me !

Its being a while sine ye splashed the cash, do you think chelsea will this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Villa, at 28 especially, is not worth €40m. No way.

Word is Abramovich has loosened up £110m in funds to refresh the squad in the summer. Plus if we offload a few, that might be more readies. It has to be said tho, not all problems can be solved by spending money (see: Real Madrid C.F.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Villa, at 28 especially, is not worth €40m. No way.

Word is Abramovich has loosened up £110m in funds to refresh the squad in the summer. Plus if we offload a few, that might be more readies. It has to be said tho, not all problems can be solved by spending money (see: Real Madrid C.F.)

Is this reliable ??? I hope so ... we were supposed to sign a few big names last summer and previous and we didn't ...

Again in January we were supposed to sign Auguero .... not that bringing in big names will solve this mess .... Ballack and Shevchenko come to mind...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Villa is worth 40M imo. He is probably the best striker in the world.

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Is this reliable ??? I hope so ... we were supposed to sign a few big names last summer and previous and we didn't ...

Again in January we were supposed to sign Auguero .... not that bringing in big names will solve this mess .... Ballack and Shevchenko come to mind...
    Why would we splash out on Aguero in Jan? Cup tied. Wouldn't be settled in at a crucial time of the season. When you are reading those BBC articles don't believe them :P

Ballack was a great signing and FREE!

CHD wrote: »

Great striker, no doubt about it. One of the best. But I'm a bit concerned about his age all the same, tbh. 3-4 seasons for €40m could be a bit of a folly. But if he banged in enough goals to land the European Cup, I'd gladly pay any king's ransom for him.... Villa could be the man for the job, but he could easily be another Shevchenko for us.

Great striker, no doubt about it. One of the best. But I'm a bit concerned about his age all the same, tbh. 3-4 seasons for €40m could be a bit of a folly. But if he banged in enough goals to land the European Cup, I'd gladly pay any king's ransom for him.... Villa could be the man for the job, but he could easily be another Shevchenko for us.
    He wouldn't be another Sheva, he is 28. That is 6 years for 40M prob. Deal all day everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

but why bother? he will be 29 this year, so he is just a stop gap and for 40 million, it isnt worth it, i am a huge Villa fan, would have loved united to sign him 2-3 years ago but i wouldnt want him signed for that kind of money now

he would not be another Sheva, but he does rely alot on speed which is why his age counts against him imo

i would have money on Ancelotti making a play for Pato this summer though

Would Villa still be a top class striker after 4-5 years tho? I doubt it.

Ancelloti will almost certainly make a move for Pato this summer. Wouldn't be surprised at all. And not too enamoured either...

• Advertisement

If CA splashes money on Pato instead of Aguero I will egg his house.

Pato has a little X Factor about him though

he can do absolutely **** all for 85 minutes in a game and then rip a team apart in seconds

he has bags of potential

If CA splashes money on Pato instead of Aguero I will egg his house.

ill celebrate!

wouldnt like seeing Aguero in a chelsea strip, would upset me

I'd rather have Aguero doing it for 85 mins like he is capable.

kryogen wrote: »
    ill celebrate!

wouldnt like seeing Aguero in a chelsea strip, would upset me
    He is mates with a sick kid he got too know who supports Chelsea afaik. Hope he convinces him.

I don't really want Pato at all. Can't imagine he'd be the man for the job. Villa would be. As I said, the only problems I have with Villa are his age (28 going 29) and his price tag. Other than that, he'd be the man. But those two huge con's for me, screw all the pro's that he might have (and some of the pro's are massively enticing)...

'Kun' Aguero is the man I want... Big time. Striker phenomenal........ And well worth more than €40m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Aguero and some young players <25 are needed.

Ballack - 34 yr this year

Carvalho - 32 yr in May

Deco - 33 yr this year

Droga - 32 yr

Lampard - 32 yr this year

Hilário - 35 yr this year

Anelka - 31 yr

Ferreira - 31 yr

Belletti - 34 yr this year

Give us 8 young players <25yr for any 4 from the above (in terms of wages) , although I'd keep Drogs and Lamps for one more season. :)

I'd rather have Aguero doing it for 85 mins like he is capable.

me too!

Fiskar wrote: »
    Aguero and some young players <25 are needed.

Ballack - 34 yr this year

Carvalho - 32 yr in May

Deco - 33 yr this year

Droga - 32 yr

Lampard - 32 yr this year

Hilário - 35 yr this year

Anelka - 31 yr

Ferreira - 31 yr

Belletti - 34 yr this year

Give us 8 young players <25yr for any 4 from the above (in terms of wages) , although I'd keep Drogs and Lamps for one more season. :)

This is our problem, summed up neatly. We defo need players that are under 25, to shore us up for the next few years. Rebuilding is needed. We have plenty of youth coming up, and an influx of good talent will defo be needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aguero is the man for us! Ancelotti will probably go for Pato I reckon!

Can see Deco, Hilario, Belletti and Ferreira deffo gone in the summer

thats 4 right there :)

With any luck it's them 4... But I have something of a soft spot for Fereira and even Hilarious... The other two.... get rid of them, quick.

Carvalho may actually be on the move at the end of this season too actually, whats his current happines like?

thought i remembered him saying he wanted to go last year?

Carvalho may actually be on the move at the end of this season too actually, whats his current happines like?

thought i remembered him saying he wanted to go last year?

Half the squad wanted to flock to Inter last season and the season before that if the reports were to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Have Chelsea actually ever signed a bone fide Superstar in his prime? They've had a tonne of big names over the years but nearly all of them have had their best years behind them or were in the latter stage of their careers.

And why is this? Are they not viewed abroad as a big club?

Not on a wind-up, genuine question.

Half the squad wanted to flock to Inter last season and the season before that if the reports were to be believed.

ah i know all the tabloid shoite, but i thought i had seen RC actually quoted as saying he wanted out?

ah i know all the tabloid shoite, but i thought i had seen RC actually quoted as saying he wanted out?

Allegedly. But I never believe anything that is said on the subject of quotes from footballers/managers/etc. for the simple reason that until it has actually happened, it is hard to predict whether they are telling the truth or not!!!!!

k, still is Alex liked? JT is going nowhere, but if Alex is popular with the manager, its conceiveable to have himself and JT next year, Bruma is a centre back is he?

maybe sign a back up, or can Ivanovic play there too if necessary?

That way Carvalho could go i guess

What a defender in his day

• Advertisement

Alex is still a popular lad from what I can see. As is Ivanovic. Bruma is showing promise alright, but a bit young.

Riccy Carvalho was a savage centre half in his day, and his day, while a bit nearing its end, is not completely over yet. Still can do brilliance when required, IMO.

yep, he just looks less interested these days i guess, he is actually getting called for a sneaky free kick now and then!

this is actually a compliment to him, but he is without a doubt the best defender i have seen in a long time for getting away with a sneaky foul

yep, he just looks less interested these days i guess, he is actually getting called for a sneaky free kick now and then!

this is actually a compliment to him, but he is without a doubt the best defender i have seen in a long time for getting away with a sneaky foul

I think this could be his last year with us, what a servant he has been for us but I think it's JT and Alex next season with Bruma for cover. I'd love Ricky to stay because I still think he can play a big part but I have a feeling he will leave. :( I wouldn't mind us signing a new center half but I don't have a clue who.

Anyway I have a bad feeling about tonight, Pompey is a tough place to go, I know they are bottom but they are rather good at home and are away form is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

It goes without saying that we need to win tonight, but I really want to see a big performance from us to show that we are still very much in the hunt for the title.

What do yee think the score will be? I'm going for 2-0 to the blues:)

Eamo87 wrote: »
    It goes without saying that we need to win tonight, but I really want to see a big performance from us to show that we are still very much in the hunt for the title.

What do yee think the score will be? I'm going for 2-0 to the blues:)
    Chelsea 8-3 Pompey

Chelsea 8-3 Pompey

I'm surprised at you!!! You actually gave the opposition enough credit to score?!?! wow......... Starting to see the light???;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anything but a win tonight and we are making things very difficult for ourselves.

Hoping for an early 2 goal lead and keep the pressure on. Portsmouth can now sell players, so expect there players to try put themselves in the shop window and expect the efforts from now until the end of season to improve.

Im going say 3-1 Chelsea.

This is defo a must win. I'm still a bit rattled thinking back to mid-December when we only scraped past Pompey 2-1. And that was in the Bridge.

But still, with any luck, if we can scrape past them again, that's all that really matters!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

gavredking wrote: »
    Anything but a win tonight and we are making things very difficult for ourselves.

Hoping for an early 2 goal lead and keep the pressure on. Portsmouth can now sell players, so expect there players to try put themselves in the shop window and expect the efforts from now until the end of season to improve.

Im going say 3-1 Chelsea.

Anything but a win and its game over in my eyes , as it is we have made things very hard for ourselves with the result on Sunday !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

+1

Sunday's slip-up means we need back to back wins tonight and Sat. against Villa - anything less and it's all over for another season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

SSN : Cech back, Sturridge to start.

• Advertisement

Good to have Cech back, and I'm liking that he's starting Sturridge too. Bout time he got a good run in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Portsmouth: James, Finnan, Rocha, Hreidarsson, Mullins, Smith, Wilson, Mokoena, Hughes, O'Hara, Piquionne.

Subs: Ashdown, Brown, Owusu-Abeyie, Vanden Borre, Webber, Kanu, Basinas.

Chelsea: Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Zhirkov, Lampard, Mikel, Deco, Sturridge, Drogba, Malouda.

Subs: Turnbull, Joe Cole, Kalou, Alex, Anelka, Bruma, Van Aanholt.

Never heard of our last two subs before

Soby wrote: »
    Portsmouth: James, Finnan, Rocha, Hreidarsson, Mullins, Smith, Wilson, Mokoena, Hughes, O'Hara, Piquionne.

Subs: Ashdown, Brown, Owusu-Abeyie, Vanden Borre, Webber, Kanu, Basinas.

Chelsea: Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Zhirkov, Lampard, Mikel, Deco, Sturridge, Drogba, Malouda.

Subs: Turnbull, Joe Cole, Kalou, Alex, Anelka, Bruma, Van Aanholt.

Never heard of our last two subs before

Bruma is a Dutch centre-half and has played in some league games, sub appearances.

Van Aanholt is another Dutchman, defender. Nippy, fast and technically quite good.

Disappointed at no Borini, tbh...:(

Van Aanholt is A.Cole in disguise. Has the potential

Defo. Cracking little left back and can lob in the long-range stunners when he wants to as well. Could be the one to watch whenever Ashely hangs up his boots (not for a while PLEASE!!)

Good to hear that, left back position was a nightmare after Gallas moved on, Cole has made it his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Fiskar wrote: »
    Good to hear that, left back position was a nightmare after Gallas moved on, Cole has made it his own.

what for the few hours before Cole arrived?

They were involved in a swap deal

You had me there! We had Bridge, Del Horno, ? in that position without sucess.

tbf Cole took his time to settle in. All worth it now though.

Even though it was only Pompey that should boost confidence for Villa on Saturday. Drogs only 2 behind Rooney now aswell in the PL scoring charts, I wonder how many of Rooney's are peno's actually?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement