Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

the_monkey wrote: »
    now now be nice , this is the Chelsea forum ... stay over on the united page ...
    I wouldn-t be offended by some Chelsea "abuse" there....

This isnt a forum, its a thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

DazMarz wrote: »
    Try losing the best defensive holding midfielder in the world, the best left back in the world, one of the most in-form right backs in the Premier League, a world-class goalkeeper (albeit he's now back) and see how well you'd fare!!! That's what has happened to Chelsea, and it has shown up in our results. While we do have a savage squad, to lose such hugely influential and exquisitely skilled players would be a huge dent to any team.

I live to whinge/give-out/be-scorpy... It's my reason for being and nothing gives me better reason to do the aforementioned than football. So let me be!!!!:o

Well we lost the best player in the world at the start of the season
    Have been without our 3 main defenders and goalkeeper in oshea,rio, vidic and VDS for a large part of the seasoN
    By the way Evra plays for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Well we lost the best player in the world at the start of the season

What was Messi doing in Manchester?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Morning ......

CHD how did your match go ??

I won mine(tennis...) f*cking awesome .... i usually lose against this guy
    ... 6-3 6-3 ... needed that win like a crackhead needed a hit....

anyway, what tactics do you think Ancellotti will employ next week at OT ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

CHD wrote: »
    I question your sexuality.

how drunk were you last night pal? :D

• Advertisement

Drunken non sensical bs posts .... this what im saying about Fergie , while exagerrating yes - it has some "roots" to it.

I am not apologising for it.

All I said is true.

Calling Fergie a cheat is not true, unless you can prove it?

you should deffo stay off boards when you come in tanked up saturday night

you just embarass yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

As much as I want the Champions League (the only thing I have yet to see Chelsea win), it may serve to be an advantage to us this season to have crashed out early. Fewer games, less-tired legs... Might just be what we needed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

not sure if I'm looking forward to or just dreading the visit to old trafford now, think chelsea have every chance of winning it but i don't think a draw will necessarily be enough, but going into that game on a high after the villa and portsmouth results will help.

Some big decisions for Carlo, leave drogba out? was surprised how well we played yesterday without him, changed the game entirely, no long punts from goal to drogba, playing through midfield and lots of time for the midfield to get forward, would we play the same way with him on?

Deco, played as close to his old best as we've seen from him in blue, but I can't see Fletcher giving him as much time and space as villa did yesterday, but Ballack seems to have lost all sense of where the opposition's goal is and is content to play 4 foot passes sideways where possible, but obviously stronger than Deco.

And then Anelka, lost when playing wide with Drogs on, so how to get him in the game usefully.

Can't see utd being anywhere near as generous as villa were, we won't get the space there that we had yesterday, so Drogba defo and I think it worth starting with Deco , at least he goes forward and players make runs when he has the ball though I worry he'll get muscled out of it too easily and I can't see us getting too many free kicks up there. With so many 1st choice defenders out, sitting back isn't an option I'm keen on.

Hoping utd have a tough time with Bayern, although they're likely to be without chelsea legend (cough) Robben whos a big loss, think all the pressure is on Utd now.

Decisions decisions.

honestly lads, i dunno how ye can fail to be content with the situation, even if we draw with ye next week we still have games against city,spurs and stoke to play, all tough games with plenty of opportunity to drop points

Chelsea actually just about favourites for the league imo

kryogen wrote: »
    honestly lads, i dunno how ye can fail to be content with the situation, even if we draw with ye next week we still have games against city,spurs and stoke to play, all tough games with plenty of opportunity to drop points

PaddyPower ...
    Man United 5/6
    Chelsea 13/8
    Arsenal 11/2

United well favourites ... bookies always know!!!

might stick a €100 on united ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A draw wont be the worst, if we lose I think United will win the league though.. United and Chelsea both have tough run in's and will drop more points imo but if United have a 4 point cushion I think it's curtains for us.. Dreading Saturday tbh, these games aren't good for the heart.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

PaddyPower ...
    Man United 5/6
    Chelsea 13/8
    Arsenal 11/2

Disgusting talk :mad:

Thankfully on Saturday, myself and CHD will be able to keep each other company, come what may!!! Haha. Might need a shoulder to cry on, but most likely will have someone to get utterly pished with in celebration!!!:D

The outcome of Saturday's game:

-if Chelsea win, they have taken a huge step towards taking the title

-if United win, it is more or less theirs

-draw throws Arsenal the ultimate lifeline.

PaddyPower ...
    Man United 5/6
    Chelsea 13/8
    Arsenal 11/2

Disgusting talk :mad:

Agreed! You should be stripped of your blue jersey and all that!!!:D

embarassing himself again!

chelsea are the value bet there easily since this is so close

couldnt bring myself to back ye however, arsenal are a tempting price also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Thankfully on Saturday, myself and CHD will be able to keep each other company, come what may!!! Haha. Might need a shoulder to cry on, but most likely will have someone to get utterly pished with in celebration!!!:D

The outcome of Saturday's game:

-if Chelsea win, they have taken a huge step towards taking the title

-if United win, it is more or less theirs

-draw throws Arsenal the ultimate lifeline.

Are you boys going over for the game or just out on the lash for it ?

I would love to watch this game with a couple of chelsea fans ,

Went into the pub yesterday for lunch and was watching the first half of the Chelsea game , The was not a whisper when Chelsea scored but when Villa knocked one in the place fuc*ing erupted !

Ended up having to go and do some work so was not there when frankie scored the peno but if I had of been there they would of heard me in Stamford bridge !

embarassing himself again!

chelsea are the value bet there easily since this is so close

couldnt bring myself to back ye however, arsenal are a tempting price also

Golden rule , never ever ever ever back against your own ! I would rather not place a bet than go against my own !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i cant decide where to watch it.
    head off home to galway and watch it with some utd mates or stay here in dundalk where the rumour is theres a pub in town showing it in 3D.

I usually watch the games that I don't go to with the aul lad or on my own!The odd one down the pub but I don't know anyone else that supports Chelsea. I'm a bit weird in the sense I can't sit still with nerves so usually end up standing in the TV room. :D:(

Golden rule , never ever ever ever back against your own ! I would rather not place a bet than go against my own !

golden rule for some i guess, i generally make a rule of not backing my own team or against at all

but for me the golden rule with gambling is leave your emotion at the door

i put my money on whatever outcome offers me the best value

• Advertisement

Are you boys going over for the game or just out on the lash for it ?

I would love to watch this game with a couple of chelsea fans ,

Went into the pub yesterday for lunch and was watching the first half of the Chelsea game , The was not a whisper when Chelsea scored but when Villa knocked one in the place fuc*ing erupted !

Ended up having to go and do some work so was not there when frankie scored the peno but if I had of been there they would of heard me in Stamford bridge !

If you can make it down to Kilcoole in Wicklow, that's where myself and CHD will be watching the game, in the pub Byrne's down there. Bit of a trek, I know, but it's a decent pub and there will be a decent Chelsea contingent in there.

Johner wrote: »
    I usually watch the games that I don't go to with the aul lad or on my own!The odd one down the pub but I don't know anyone else that supports Chelsea. I'm a bit weird in the sense I can't sit still with nerves so usually end up standing in the TV room. :D:(

Ditto; except for me it's fidgeting, moving, reacting to every kick of the ball, standing up, sitting back down, swearing profusely... etc.:o

when i lived over in galway, there was an official chelsea supporters pub, always guaranteed to have a few in for a game, champions league final was epic, place was fulla blues, great atmosphere! another thing about galway city (no i dont work for promoting galway city!) was literally ANY TIME i walked down the street wearing a jersey and a fellow chelsea fan was walking towards me, they ALWAYS said "howya", i might have never spoken to them/sometimes even seen them before in my life, and yet always got some form of acknowledgement. the amount of times i walked round town with a mate, a fan would say hello, mate would turn and ask "whos he?".. 9 times out of 10 all i could say was "havent a clue, hes a chelsea fan, its how we roll round here!"
    its nice to have that, wore the jersey up in dundalk and had a fellow fan come over telling me of the fan club in town, went in once to the pub they use to watch a game and there was nobody around, shoddy shoddy!!

Agreed! You should be stripped of your blue jersey and all that!!!:D

insurance!

insurance!

No good.... No good. Simply not good enough... CHD must be spinning in his grave... oh wait, he's not dead... Eh. Sorry. Hahaha:o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

insurance!

I don't think 83quid Insurance would give me much satisfaction if United didn't win the title tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

If you can make it down to Kilcoole in Wicklow, that's where myself and CHD will be watching the game, in the pub Byrne's down there. Bit of a trek, I know, but it's a decent pub and there will be a decent Chelsea contingent in there.

The sister lives up there, might be worth the trip someday.

I'm not really uber confident about the United match though, lets hope for some tired legs from their Champions League match. Are they playing home or away against Bayern this week?

Unfortunately two of my mates birthdays fall this coming weekend and were out in town after the match so Im afraid I will be around Dub CC,

I have a good feeling about the game , Malouda has really stepped up the last couple of weeks, drogba is on fire , Terry seems to be back in the zone , Frankie lampard has hit his stride, Yuri seems to be settling in nicely (Although we will see how he does against Valencia), Although Anelka did not score on Saturday he put in an excellent shift and a very selfless performance , even Joey cole looked up for it .

Now all this aside , Carlo please please please please dont play Ballack at OT , the middle of the park seemed a lot less restricted and free flowing without him on Saturday ,

I think he only got a few minutes near the end , which to me is worrying because it signals that he may play at OT . We were up a hat full of goals and it was a perfect chance to give a youngster a run out , this was the only disappointing aspect of the game for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Unfortunately two of my mates birthdays fall this coming weekend and were out in town after the match so Im afraid I will be around Dub CC,

I have a good feeling about the game , Malouda has really stepped up the last couple of weeks, drogba is on fire , Terry seems to be back in the zone , Frankie lampard has hit his stride, Yuri seems to be settling in nicely (Although we will see how he does against Valencia), Although Anelka did not score on Saturday he put in an excellent shift and a very selfless performance , even Joey cole looked up for it .

Now all this aside , Carlo please please please please dont play Ballack at OT , the middle of the park seemed a lot less restricted and free flowing without him on Saturday ,

I think he only got a few minutes near the end , which to me is worrying because it signals that he may play at OT . We were up a hat full of goals and it was a perfect chance to give a youngster a run out , this was the only disappointing aspect of the game for me

we had no young cm's on the bench, Van Anolt was the only one that came on and that was in place of Zhirkov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

papagormo wrote: »
    the rumour is theres a pub in town showing it in 3D.

Go on.....

Go on.....

Yeah I heard that there would be a larger roll out of the 3D services for this game ,

Tell ya this much I would watch the game upside down if we were to the get the result !:pac::pac::pac:

The Roost in Maynooth is showing it in 3D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sky 3D is launching with the United-Chelsea match so anyone or any pub that has a 3D TV can watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Sky Are announcing either tomorrow or the following days the pubs which will have the match shown in 3D on Sky Sports Website. I’d imagine a few pubs should in Dublin would have it as over 1000 pubs between Britain & Ireland Signed up. Fagans Should be a good Shout to be showing the game!!

Go on.....

ohh my man, tisnt in the dublin town im afraid, tis apparently in the dundalk town.
    apologies i should have clarified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Sky Are announcing either tomorrow or the following days the pubs which will have the match shown in 3D on Sky Sports Website. I’d imagine a few pubs should in Dublin would have it as over 1000 pubs between Britain & Ireland Signed up. Fagans Should be a good Shout to be showing the game!!

Anyone know if pubs in Cork have it in 3D ?

calling all blues from the dundalk and hinterland regions:

brubakers bar is where its happening in 3D

nice!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Fagans are showing it in 3D sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Johner wrote: »
    The Roost in Maynooth is showing it in 3D!

Go on....

No actually do go on, I'm from Leixlip :D

Would 3D be that good tho? Cant imagine I'd like it too much... Everytime Drogba/Lampard make a shot, having to duck for fúcking cover cos it looks like the ball is gonna snot me! Hahaha

• Advertisement

Just After reading that Mike Dean Will be refereeing at OT , That man has given more red cards/penalties in the premier league than anyone else as far as I know. He was also referee for the forgettable Man City 4- 2 Win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge!!

Would Love to see Joey Cole get starting at least, Thought he done well against Villa! Really would like to see him stay at Chelsea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just After reading that Mike Dean Will be refereeing at OT , That man has given more red cards/penalties in the premier league than anyone else as far as I know. He was also referee for the forgettable Man City 4- 2 Win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge!!

Would Love to see Joey Cole get starting at least, Thought he done well against Villa! Really would like to see him stay at Chelsea :)

Ah balls :( I would have preferred Webb,Dowd or Clattenburg TBH.

+1 on Joe Cole, if he can find his form again Id love him for him to stay.

Dean is a liability alright, both ways

but at least it wont be Stuart Atwell!

Yes Exactly, Just have a feeling things won’t go Chelsea’s Way. I think Joe Cole Need game Time, delighted to see Ancelotti starting him last Saturday!!

I’d Hate to see him go to a rival club like Utd for Free & find form there!! Ancelotti Has said he is 100% sure a Deal with be made with Joe Cole, Wish I was That Confident!!

Just Please, Don’t Play Ballack & we have every chance of winning:)

Dean is a liability alright, both ways

but at least it wont be Stuart Atwell!

If it was only the officials we had to worry about Saturday I wouldnt mind to much. ;)

+1 on Dean's ability to miss some absolute stone wall fouls and also to have one or two "strange" decisons, I dont think he will have to much bearing on the game though, as you said, Atwell * Shudders*

He would have never got this game, thank christ.:pac:

Yes Exactly, Just have a feeling things won’t go Chelsea’s Way. I think Joe Cole Need game Time, delighted to see Ancelotti starting him last Saturday!!

I’d Hate to see him go to a rival club like Utd for Free & find form there!! Ancelotti Has said he is 100% sure a Deal with be made with Joe Cole, Wish I was That Confident!!

Just Please, Don’t Play Ballack & we have every chance of winning:)

Well at least Malouda has adapted to play in CM, his form in the last few weeks his being sensational, hes a great attacking threat from CM, much more then all our other midfielders, with the exception of Lamps.

If J.Cole starts saturday, and for me it would be a big if, he could be the difference between breaking through Utd's back line from deep and picking up little pockets of space.

If he plays at the tip of the diamond it could encourage Anelka to stick up and around Drogba instead of dropping back.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Could be the game of the season, or it could be a damp squib.

All I can really say with any degree of certainty is that whoever wins on Saturday really has taken one large step towards claiming the Premiership title; Man United moreso as they will then open up a 4-point lead over both Chelsea and Arsenal (should Arsenal win their game). Should Chelsea win, they will have a 2-point lead over United, 3-point over Arsenal (again, assuming Arsenal win).

Even if Chelsea win on Saturday, another fúck up with an away fixture or something could hand the title back to United very easily. Ironically, the banana skin I'm most worried about is Liverpool. How sick and ironic would it be for Liverpool if, in their quest to find 4th spot, they defeated Chelsea at home in the penultimate game of the season and handed United the title and ruined their own top-flight record??? Sick for all concerned I reckon...

Could be the game of the season, or it could be a damp squib.

All I can really say with any degree of certainty is that whoever wins on Saturday really has taken one large step towards claiming the Premiership title; Man United moreso as they will then open up a 4-point lead over both Chelsea and Arsenal (should Arsenal win their game). Should Chelsea win, they will have a 2-point lead over United, 3-point over Arsenal (again, assuming Arsenal win).

Even if Chelsea win on Saturday, another fúck up with an away fixture or something could hand the title back to United very easily. Ironically, the banana skin I'm most worried about is Liverpool. How sick and ironic would it be for Liverpool if, in their quest to find 4th spot, they defeated Chelsea at home in the penultimate game of the season and handed United the title and ruined their own top-flight record??? Sick for all concerned I reckon...

Saturday really is a huge day for all top 3 teams, if Utd win I can see them taking the league, Chelsea Win and its back in our hands, Arsenal need to win to maintain pressure, if Utd & Chelsea draw it doesnt really change much.

IMO as long as we dont lose on Saturday we can still win the league and im looking to our Liverpool as our make or break game. Such a close end to the season, and with 3 teams still in it, makes for some great viewing.

I think come 3pm on Saturday I will have shortened my life span considerably regardless of the outcome. :pac:

Saturday is a decider... I remember thinking that when I first saw the fixtures list back in August and was poring over it, pin-pointing huge games and huge days. This was, obviously, one of them. And it has taken on HUGE significance now...

I think you're not alone in this Gavredking, tbh... If I'm still vertical come 3pm Saturday, I'll be doing well.....

Saturday is a decider... I remember thinking that when I first saw the fixtures list back in August and was poring over it, pin-pointing huge games and huge days. This was, obviously, one of them. And it has taken on HUGE significance now...

I think you're not alone in this Gavredking, tbh... If I'm still vertical come 3pm Saturday, I'll be doing well.....

True mate, im going to watch it with buddies, most of them Utd or Pool fans, so hoping for the victory so I can live it up Saturday, failing that I will be making my excuses after full time and leaving.....quickly.

Hopefully Utd can be given a good game by Bayern, anything that will improve our chances Saturday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement