Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Just Wondering About the Chelsea Supporters Club in Dublin?? Anyone here a member , was thinking of joining in July when they open up to memberships again.

Just wondering what’s the average age of the supporters there & roughly how many members are there ?? The main reason I was thinking of joining is because none of my friends are Chelsea supporters so find it hard to go to Matches or convincing someone to go with me.

Here is the website of the Supporters Club I was looking at

http://cfcdublin.com/

Thanks

-___________________________________________

Also in relation to the match on Saturday in 3D, the Living Room/Murrays Bar just off O'Connell Street will be showing it in 3D:):)

http://www.murraysbar.eu/sport/

Al

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just Wondering About the Chelsea Supporters Club in Dublin?? Anyone here a member , was thinking of joining in July when they open up to memberships again.

Just wondering what’s the average age of the supporters there & roughly how many members are there ?? The main reason I was thinking of joining is because none of my friends are Chelsea supporters so find it hard to go to Matches or convincing someone to go with me.

Here is the website of the Supporters Club I was looking at

http://cfcdublin.com/

Thanks

-___________________________________________

Also in relation to the match on Saturday in 3D, the Living Room/Murrays Bar just off O'Connell Street will be showing it in 3D:):)

http://www.murraysbar.eu/sport/

Al

The only problem with this club for me is that they watch the games out in the players lounge in Dalymount Park,

I would love for there to be a group of blues that meet up in Dub CC and kinda make a venue our own !

I have met members from the supporters club on a couple of occasions when over at games and they all seemed sound , its a good way to get tickets if you dont go to games regularly enough to build up enough loyalty points through Chelsea Football club .

I go to a lot of games and build up my points directly with the football club so there is no real benefit in it for me . I think you need to show up for the meetings once a month on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Very open and hard going game for United tonight, plus a most demoralising defeat for them. Also, Rooney limped off looking in a bit of pain at the final whistle (actually had to be helped off)... Hopefully this all bodes well for Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

DazMarz wrote: »
    Very open and hard going game for United tonight, plus a most demoralising defeat for them. Also, Rooney limped off looking in a bit of pain at the final whistle (actually had to be helped off)... Hopefully this all bodes well for Saturday!

Looking Damn good for saturday! Been a running jibe of mine with some friends as to how long that foot would last this season from way back. I'd say for his size and weight moving around as he does must put pressure on those fragile bones, joints, tendons and everything else. Fergy got greedy in lust for the away win/goal with his most crucial player.
    Anyway lets look to sat and make it a decider in our favour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well after watching the game tonight i surely hope that man united play like that on Saturday, i dont think they will but heres hoping, because we will beat them fairly comfortlaby at the Bridge if they do,

And as for the Roney injury, im delighted that he got injured i hope he is out for saturday but don't wish a serious injury on any player....or do I :pac::pac::pac:

Well after watching the game tonight i surely hope that man united play like that on Saturday, i dont think they will but heres hoping, because we will beat them fairly comfortlaby at the Bridge if they do,

And as for the Roney injury, im delighted that he got injured i hope he is out for saturday but don't wish a serious injury on any player....or do I :pac::pac::pac:

Doh! We are away to them at old Trafford if I am not mistaken! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Fiskar wrote: »
    Doh! We are away to them at old Trafford if I am not mistaken! :D

LMAO @ myself got overexcited after the end of the champions league game there. Deep breath....i was wrong.... <
    never to be heard again.

On another note United losing tonight do you guys think that that bodes well for the game on saturday, im in two minds?

Yes = they will be thinking on Wednesday it'll be niggling at the players in the back of their mind.

No = Fergie will go in and give everyone the hairdryer treatment (its a given) usually when a team plays a shocker they dont play as bad the next game, well applies for the top teams anyway, anyone any opinions?

LMAO @ myself got overexcited after the end of the champions league game there. Deep breath....i was wrong.... <
    never to be heard again.

On another note United losing tonight do you guys think that that bodes well for the game on saturday, im in two minds?

Yes = they will be thinking on Wednesday it'll be niggling at the players in the back of their mind.

No = Fergie will go in and give everyone the hairdryer treatment (its a given) usually when a team plays a shocker they dont play as bad the next game, well applies for the top teams anyway, anyone any opinions?

Before Ribery's excellent free kick, Neville looked tired and anxious, Scholes likewise, they knew a goal was coming. Cannot see them keeping us out on Sat if we play them out.

• Advertisement

Won't be the same team fielded tonight as will be fielded Saturday. Fergie will be pulling all the stops out for Saturday. Could all be for nought if one of the most in-form strikers in the world has been ****ed...

United in OT is never easy, and nothing should be taken for granted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Could be the game of the season, or it could be a damp squib.

All I can really say with any degree of certainty is that whoever wins on Saturday really has taken one large step towards claiming the Premiership title; Man United moreso as they will then open up a 4-point lead over both Chelsea and Arsenal (should Arsenal win their game). Should Chelsea win, they will have a 2-point lead over United, 3-point over Arsenal (again, assuming Arsenal win).

Even if Chelsea win on Saturday, another fúck up with an away fixture or something could hand the title back to United very easily. Ironically, the banana skin I'm most worried about is Liverpool. How sick and ironic would it be for Liverpool if, in their quest to find 4th spot, they defeated Chelsea at home in the penultimate game of the season and handed United the title and ruined their own top-flight record??? Sick for all concerned I reckon...

This thought has crossed my mind and many of my friends - nightmares are made from these kind of situations. However we are all in agreement - 1. Arsenal for the league i.e. it won't matter or
    2. the Europa lge isn't that bad!!

For Liverpool, any other result than 4th is the ultimate disaster. No Champions League Football next season could lead to financial implosion.

If Liverpool are not in the Champions League next season, there would be very little to keep Fernando Torres at the club. Plus, the potential £25m+ price tag would make him a sale they might have to make, should the CL financial windfall evaporate.

They will be desperate and hungry to claim 4th, and could easily trip up Chelsea in the bid to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hope ye are expecting a backlash at the weekend lads!

Gonna be 3 up front, Macheda, Diouff and Berba

ye stand no chance! we have michael carrick after all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ballack hatrick this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im hoping Malouda continues his run of form,
    dont think lamps will get half the space he got against villa.
    united at OT is never easy, but we could just get there with a goal or 2.

• Advertisement

With an luck, we play as well as we did on Saturday...

Obviously, United will not give up as much space (or as many goals!!!) as Villa did, but if Chelsea play as well as that, it would make for a cracker of a game. Malouda is on fire lately, so with any luck he will keep it up. Lamps is back after a few anonymous turns. Anelka finally played well too. I wonder if things are back on track!

Quite worried about Ferreira to be honest. Really hoping Malouda continues his form I think he could be key here.

Yeah, I'd much prefer Ivanovic or Bosingwa at RB than Ferreira, but in fairness Ferreira has been doing ok. Few blips here and there, but otherwise (trying to fill in for Ivanovic is a huge ask!) he's been fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I Thought there was reports Ivan would be back for the Utd Game???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I Thought there was reports Ivan would be back for the Utd Game???

I very much doubt it unfortunately, he's out for another 3 weeks as far as I know. Player of the season imo

• Advertisement

He's a huge loss. And yeah, I thought he was out for another while anyway.

How long until Bosingwa is back??? I vaguely remember someone saying not before the end of the season anyway...:(

and where else would i place my 1000th post than right here in the Chelsea F.C. team talk thread.
    I dedicate this post to all the blues brothers and sisters who post here regularly, thank you for the times.

COME ON THE BLUES!!!:D

papagormo wrote: »
    and where else would i place my 1000th post than right here in the Chelsea F.C. team talk thread.
    I dedicate this post to all the blues brothers and sisters who post here regularly, thank you for the times.

COME ON THE BLUES!!!:D

Nice one paps...

Can I get a "Carefree"?!:D

indeed you may good sir..

CareFreeee!!

papagormo wrote: »
    indeed you may good sir..

CareFreeee!!

Very good!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Mourinho - "My situation is clear. I am very happy at Inter, I am not happy in Italian football."

And when pressed as to why, he responded: "Because I don't like it, because they don't like me. Simple." ...Im confused.

Lets hope and pray that Dean doesnt make any horrific calls, and should he do it, lets hope theyre in our favour. As two of you have said, Ill be lucky to be standing after this game, the fact that Im going to a session held by a united fan shortly after the match could mean I have a very good saturday night.. or its absolute hell :o

Mourinho will be at the Eastlands come July. Just watch. Liverpool won't have the money for him. Mancini will go back to Inter and The Special One will sweep into Manchester, to further irriate the Scaldy Scot up the road.

Can just see the first press conference now: "I would not say I am the best manager in Manchester, but at least Manchester now has a world class manager in it." or something to that effect... :D

Ah, José.... I miss ya so much...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

He's a huge loss. And yeah, I thought he was out for another while anyway.

How long until Bosingwa is back??? I vaguely remember someone saying not before the end of the season anyway...:(

He's out for the season and the world cup

smuckers wrote: »
    He's out for the season and the world cup

Thought as much... Shít one for all concerned, especially Portugal more than us. And I reckon the chap is near inconsolable about missing the World Cup too...

I hate the way football can bring out the side in me that actually celebrates other peoples bad fortune, but Rooney is out for between 2 and 4 weeks with a sprained ankle, according to ssn :D

• Advertisement

People seem to be jumping for joy at this, no Rooney, but........ Man U are always a tough side. Rooney or no, they will not lie down and be easy to beat. Berba is actually playing well at the minute and there's no better man than him to lurk around the penalty spot and pick and poach the ball away.

Take nothing for granted... It is a huge plus for us for Rooney to be out, but no way is it going to make the game ''easy''.

Its a plus, so Ill take it :D

For Saturday's game, I'll take anything that could be seen as a plus, tbh!!!! Huge game and we need to pull out all the stops. Think it is within our capabilities and I do reckon that while difficult will not even begin to describe, we have a very good chance of getting a positive, winning result.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

For Saturday's game, I'll take anything that could be seen as a plus, tbh!!!! Huge game and we need to pull out all the stops. Think it is within our capabilities and I do reckon that while difficult will not even begin to describe, we have a very good chance of getting a positive, winning result.

The last time I felt so confident about a Man U game was the worst night of my Chelsea supporting life ! Terry steps up , Terry slips , Terry misses I cant explain the feelings I had after that game !

With our without Rooney there still a very good team and people who underestimate them will be left on the arse wondering what just happened !

Daz is bang on we need the performance of the season here and pull out all the stops .

The last time I felt so confident about a Man U game was the worst night of my Chelsea supporting life ! Terry steps up , Terry slips , Terry misses I cant explain the feelings I had after that game !

With our without Rooney there still a very good team and people who underestimate them will be left on the arse wondering what just happened !

Daz is bang on we need the performance of the season here and pull out all the stops .

My feelings after that moment can be summararily described as my heart being ripped in half...

I took the poor, battered, stitched up thing then to the next season... Only for Andrés Iniesta to throw my heart to Barcelona's hell-hounds for a chew toy...:( (pity there's no emoticon to portray uncontrollable weeping)

But back to Saturday... Again, to say my point again (and to reiterate what Pete has said)... Underestimate United in Old Trafford at your ultimate peril. With or without their key man of the moment, they are still a strong side and happen to be on the crest of the wave at the moment...

Hopefully we can change that come 3pm Saturday!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rooney injured for 2-4 weeks.

Fabregas suspected broken fibula (sp).

A good week for you lot without kicking a ball so far.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »

Not bad, not bad... I hadn't heard about Fabby... That kinda guts Arsenal's midfield and they lose their captain.. Jesus, that's bad for them...

Is luck swinging back Chelsea's way again?!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

flahavaj wrote: »

Throw in Gallas out for a few weeks and Arshavin potentially out as well, Arsenal have had a terrible season with injuries.

Im not glad when a player gets injured but woith Utd missing Rooney for some big games and also Owen I think a win at OT is well within us.

Hopefully Alex and Terry can keep Berba quite and our full backs can stop Nani/Valencia/Park.

I hope we go to OT with a winning, attacking game plan, sitting back and inviting Utd on to us, even without Rooney is a no-no IMHO.

Utd will more then likely fill the midfield with 5 players now that they have only Berba available and that will cause a huge battle in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Anyone know if Drogba will play - saw a report that he's doubtful due to a knock in training but tbh sounded like the auld mind games to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

bullpost wrote: »
    Anyone know if Drogba will play - saw a report that he's doubtful due to a knock in training but tbh sounded like the auld mind games to me.

Drogba has never been that effective against United for some reason, and if he doesn't play it almost certainly means the same set up as the Villa game, I could live with that tbh.
    Probably mind games though, Chelsea with Drogba as opposed to Chelsea without Drogba are two very different things so a last minute change from one to the other could certainly throw a spanner in the works regarding Uniteds tactics.

Argh why can't it just be Saturday already? This is killing me!

Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'
    Username Compatibility
    CHD
    DazMarz
    Headshot
    gonzovision
    kryogen
    redout
    ShoulderChip
    papagormo
    Voltwad
    Soby
    BigBenRoeth

wooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'
    Username Compatibility
    CHD
    DazMarz
    Headshot
    gonzovision
    kryogen
    redout
    ShoulderChip
    papagormo
    Voltwad
    Soby
    BigBenRoeth

wooooo

CHD
    Xavi6
    brummytom
    Overheal
    Pighead
    snyper
    OutlawPete
    CianRyan
    NOGMaxpower
    Keogg
    1mcampo1

CHD is in demand :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

CHD is top of mine too, Dazmarz is in there somewhere too, the rest are pretty random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Drogba fit and will start against Utd.:D

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Boards Matchmaking!beta
    now ye're lovin'
    Username Compatibility
    CHD
    DazMarz
    Headshot
    gonzovision
    kryogen
    redout
    ShoulderChip
    papagormo
    Voltwad
    Soby
    BigBenRoeth

wooooo

soo ahhh..if it doesnt work out with CHD.. DazMaz...Headshot...gonzovision..Kryogen..redout..or Shoulderchip...amm..
    gimme a call and ahhh...wine and dine me sometime, i might even put out on the first night..no promises though!
    ok..giggiddy

CHD
    ShoulderChip
    draffodx
    Johner
    That_Guy
    Lana80
    Misticles
    redout
    eddiehead
    Soby
    MUSEIST

feel the love boys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

CHD
    Xavi6
    MarkMI6
    Soby
    Mr.Nice Guy
    Bubs101
    Chong
    My name is URL
    civis_liberalis
    Galvasean
    vorbis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Rooney out could actually be a bad thing for us ....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8599507.stm

also United still favs to win the league ... the bookies know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Carlo playing mourinho style mind games now lol

utd 6/5 and chelsea 7/4

not much in it really

3-0 chelsea Drogba Anelka and Lampard for me :)

and

DazMarz
    CHD
    ShoulderChip
    Seanieke
    jackdaw
    Earthhorse
    JohnK
    Dades
    biko
    Pompey Magnus
    Johner