Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Lads the Bridge has got a **** atmosphere but seemingly it works. Banging out Carefree every 10 mins obviously works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Mr Alan wrote: »
    as in like.....

"sssshhhhhhh!everyone quiet and let the players concentrate!"

that kinda vibe?

No, more like the

"let's create an atmosphere that helps the team do well at home in the league every year"

as opposed to the

"let's make up more songs about spanish people" that has become prevelant in the scouse community

Also, considering that Chelsea is in the good part of London would tend to add to the relaxed nature of the fans whereas Liverpool doesn't have a good part:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

no clearly not like that, why are you making such an issue out of this, I thought you were a Liverpool fan.

i worry about the atmosphere at Liverpool matches too.
    clubs are trying to appeal to the wrong kind of people in an effort to milk as much money as possible and taking away wat makes the sport great, its passion.

I am making an issue of it, because when the club with probably the strongest squad in the world has to give its fans free scarfs and instructions on how they would like them to be waved, or cheap plastic little flags in a CL semi final, and that clubs fans are NOT outraged by this, and claim the lack of atmosphere in the ground is a reason for the teams excellent home form, I worry that wat i love about football is dead.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    "let's make up more songs about spanish people" that has become prevelant in the scouse community

but yous singing about Jose when he was there was alright? :rolleyes: fans should sing about the players playing at the club, or the manager...i thought all fans knew this?! are ye different down at the bridge?
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Also, considering that Chelsea is in the good part of London would tend to add to the relaxed nature of the fans whereas Liverpool doesn't have a good part:P

i wont even dignify this ****e with any sort of response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

then sing loudly with any song that comes on the jukebox, be loud and very visibly having the "craic". i would think the establishment i was in a joke if they did that.

Just to let you know. Liverpool fans started singing you'll never walk alone because the dj in anfield used to play the top 10 before kick off. you'll never walk alone was number 1 for 4 weeks at the time. They sang all the songs as they were being played but kept singing you'll never walk alone after it left the charts. So kinda puts a mockery on your quote there!!!

You've clearly never gone to the bridge. I go over quite a lot (as im there often with work). I always go to the shed and the athmosphere in the shed is electric. the MH stand has a great athmosphere too but the west is too open and the east is full of money bags fans so no athmosphere there.

I've also been to anfield quite a few times and I have to say its the most over rated stadium for "athmosphere" ive ever been to. The kop sing sure enough, but the rest of the stadium is completely silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

iregk wrote: »
    Just to let you know. Liverpool fans started singing you'll never walk alone because the dj in anfield used to play the top 10 before kick off. you'll never walk alone was number 1 for 4 weeks at the time. They sang all the songs as they were being played but kept singing you'll never walk alone after it left the charts. So kinda puts a mockery on your quote there!!!

do you honestly think i didnt know that?

I have footage of the Kop singing the beach boys, and the beatles and other such acts too.

they used to sing along to all the tunes that were in the charts as they were being played.

You'll never walk alone struck a chord and stuck, the fans continued to sing it off their own back for decades before the club started playing it pre match. it was the fans decision, they werent told wat to do by the club in order to make an atmosphere.

and they still play songs from the charts while the ground is filling up. Cant really see leona lewis or anything catching on now though :)

do you honestly think i didnt know that?

I didn't know if you did or not. I've met so many "hardcore" fans who couldn't even tell you the name of their home ground let alone how an anthem started!!! It wouldn't surprise me to find out most liverpool fans have no idea where the song came from but as you do, I say fair play ( in my best ronan keating voice!) :)

Your right though, not sure if leona lewis would catch on. Could have been worse though, what if they didn't settle on youll never walk alone? it could so easily have been agadoo!!!!

Ray Wilkins is to replace Clarke as first team coach apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Good to see a real Chelsea man back in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I just read about Wilkins on the Beeb

Lets hope he doens't make the right mess he made the last time he was in charge, didn't he stay in charge for a few games after Vialli left ? Or was that Rix ? ( before/during the alleged incident with the teenage girl ).

I remember him as Captain back in 76, he stole my pen outside the bridge when I was getting autographs and I had to chase after him to get it back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

i worry about the atmosphere at Liverpool matches too.

I am making an issue of it, because when the club with probably the strongest squad in the world has to give its fans free scarfs and instructions on how they would like them to be waved, or cheap plastic little flags in a CL semi final, and that clubs fans are NOT outraged by this, .

I prefer to save my outrage for something more worthy, no point getting would up about it, most chelsea fans think its a bit comical and sad but its not the end of the world.

Only scousers could fly into indignant fury at the thought of getting something free ..............:rolleyes:

Now, getting rid of the chicken and mushroom pies and replacing them with a balti pie , does annoy me no end. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like we have signed this guy. Don't know anything about him but I can only assume it's on a short term contract for cover. He can't be too fantastic if he was released by Hertha Berlin. But in Big Phil we trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I doubt he's as good as Appiah who was also available but he's better than nothing. On a side note, does anybody else think that Anelka has to be dropped today and Di Santo be given a chance?

I'm totally with you on that. Anelka was shocking today and so far this season. That miss just summed him up. I nearly kicked the tele! Di Santo would surely give it everything and his finishing has to be better than Anelka's.

I actually think Jack Cork would have been the ideal player for cover but I think he's on loan until January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Looks like we have signed this guy. Don't know anything about him but I can only assume it's on a short term contract for cover. He can't be too fantastic if he was released by Hertha Berlin. But in Big Phil we trust.

That Mineiro guy, he looks familiar :D

(Before they change it-his profile on the website is a pic of John Terry)

Bubs101 wrote:
    I doubt he's as good as Appiah who was also available but he's better than nothing.

Wondered about Appiah myself. Still available too AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

My Oh My,

what a poor performance against a poor side, albeit a poor side who managed to beat roma.

Anelka has had his chance, he should be keeping Drogba out of the side, instead his face is no longer a permanent sulk but a permanent sorrow, he really is out of form and does not deserve to be kept in the side.

Unfortunately he is one of our very few options at the moment, following Drogbas injury, lets hope we get word on this soon, but the signs are not good.

Is it fair to say that malouda also has been given more respect than he deserves.

I for one hope Scolari buys an outright physically strong left winger( eg. mancini) and a ibrahimovic style striker over january, with that our team has options.

Coming League Fixtures:

Victory against villa will be key, but very tough, after that we should be able to ride out the injury storm until the Liverpool game on the 26th.

Sunday, 05 October 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Aston Villa, 15:00

Saturday, 18 October 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Middlesbrough v Chelsea, 12:45

Sunday, 26 October 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Liverpool, 13:30

Wednesday, 29 October 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Hull v Chelsea, 19:45

Saturday, 01 November 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Sunderland, 15:00

Sunday, 09 November 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Blackburn v Chelsea, 13:30

Saturday, 15 November 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    West Brom v Chelsea, 17:30

Saturday, 22 November 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Newcastle, 15:00

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

growler wrote: »
    Only scousers could fly into indignant fury at the thought of getting something free ..............:rolleyes:

I'm fairly sure alan isn't a scouser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

i cant believe how UNLUCKY Chelsea are with injuries ... it's un f--king believable .... for the last 3 seasons .. we lose our best players for months on end to injury ......

f---k sake, God hates Chelsea ....

and then when you look at the ,luck of some other teams ?

Drogba, who has just returned from a knee injury, left the stadium on crutches with his right leg in a brace.

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari also said John Terry and Alex suffered knocks in the game.

But he said Ashley Cole will be fit for the weekend after missing the game against Cluj with a back problem

Jesus thank GOD !! I was worried there for a bit !!! Ashely Cole is ok ...

add to the injuries of Deco, J Cole, Carvallo and Essien ... f--king great ...

great luck ... thats any silwareware gone for another season ...

again due to unbelievable bad luck ...

I mean statistically this **** has to stop soon ??

****ing hell

I CUrse the day my brother ever introduced me to Chelsea---

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool had 9 first team players out during the 2004/2005 CL campiagn at one point! Don't worry :)

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

jackdaw wrote: »
    i cant believe how UNLUCKY Chelsea are with injuries ... it's un f--king believable .... for the last 3 seasons .. we lose our best players for months on end to injury ......

Maybe its not luck? Maybe its to do with how Chelsea treated players. Terry plays in an astonishing amount of games, especially under Mourinho. As Mourinho himself stated, he often played through injuries. Hint: If you do play through injuries, you are likely to create permanent weaknesses. If you rotate your best players, which Chelsea rarely if ever do (when was the last time Carvalho was actually rested?) they get less injuries.

Some times its just bad luck, but imo its been down to bad practices, at the root of which were Mourinhos and Scolari will deal with the reprucussions unfortunately).

PHB wrote: »
    Maybe its not luck? Maybe its to do with how Chelsea treated players. Terry plays in an astonishing amount of games, especially under Mourinho. As Mourinho himself stated, he often played through injuries. Hint: If you do play through injuries, you are likely to create permanent weaknesses. If you rotate your best players, which Chelsea rarely if ever do (when was the last time Carvalho was actually rested?) they get less injuries.

Some times its just bad luck, but imo its been down to bad practices, at the root of which were Mourinhos and Scolari will deal with the reprucussions unfortunately).
    Spot on.

Terry has lost half a yard of pace in the last year from stupidily being played through pulled muscles and various injuries.

The unlucky part is them all coming at once though.Which is happening!

Very poor tonight. Our lack of cutting edge was evident again this evening. Was very similar to some of the performances last season.
    The team were unbalanced throughout. Bosingwa looked shaky, Bridge didn't provide the same attacking options as Ashley, Lampard was non existent, Malouda was Malouda and Anelka.....

Looks like Drogba is going to be out for a while. I think Di Santo needs to be given a decent chance now, what do we have to loose.

Our lack of imagination without Deco is frightening. Really hope he can stay injury free. We really need to strengthen in January.

Will DEco be back for Liverpool ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

A lot of good players injured for Chelsea right now. All bar Alex would be in the 1st 11 I'd say. I see Alex has a pain in the a$$

Chelsea injury list:

Didier Drogba (striker) - Knee ligament
    Deco (midfielder) - Thigh
    Joe Cole (midfielder) - Thigh
    Michael Essien (midfielder) - Knee
    Ricardo Carvalho (defender) - Back
    Ashley Cole (defender) - Back
    John Terry (defender) - Back
    Alex (defender) - Buttock

• Advertisement

yep .. another trophyless season awaits .. yipeee ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Jose Mourinho offered to let a lively Italian reporter the chance to select the Inter team for their Champions League game against Werder Bremen on Wednesday.
    "I would if you gave me part of the nine million euros you earn," said the scribe. Mourinho shot back: "It's not nine, it's 11 and with sponsors it comes to 14." (Daily Mirror)

You'd nearly miss him just for this type of thing...

Looks like Drogba won't be out for as long as first feared, which is good but we are going to have a few very tough matches with a limited squad.

Looks like Drogba won't be out for as long as first feared, which is good but we are going to have a few very tough matches with a limited squad.
    So everything is back to normal so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

iregk wrote: »
    I reckon another year and mikel will come of age, he is being groomed as the next makalele,which was not his original position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Would anyone like to link membership for purchasing tickets for friends/family?
    Can use my membership as well if you want to buy extra tickets to games.
    Get to about 5 or so games a season so not much chance of wanting to go to the same game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Derry City's Niall McGinn was watched by Frank Arnesen last week against Bray at the carslile grounds.

Right just after kicking off. This could be a tough game. A few poor results here over the last few seasons. Missing around 8 players today, we really can't afford to pick up any injuries here today. One bit of good news is Deco is back on the bench. Should be able to scrape it.

Great start, good goal by Kalou. Need to keep it up.

Chelsea getting closer to getting a second. We are in complete control at the moment. Lampard should have made it 2 to be honest after some great build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Whats the story with Cech??Injured in the internationals?

Soby wrote: »
    Whats the story with Cech??Injured in the internationals?

Yep he's going to be out for 2 to 3 weeks. Let's hope Cudicini can stay injury free.

With all the great build up play, it's still the same old story with a lack of quality in the final third. We are very wasteful in front of goal.

Need to get the second goal early this half. I'd like to see Deco come on at half time and also give some of the youngsters a run out if we can get the second. It would be interesting to see how Sinclair is coming along. Not sure if Stoch is ready yet but it wouldn't really matter if we had the game in the bag.

Take off Kalou for Sinclair perhaps for second half.

• Advertisement

Shocking miss from Malouda:mad:

What a goal! A stunning strike from Belletti. Make sure you catch this one later if you misssed it. Fantastic goal. Should be over.

Yes all over Kalou with a shot and a huge deflection 3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

3 up :( and with a second string ;)

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    3 up :( and with a second string ;)

Mike

Have to say Mike it's been a very impressive performance. Although the opposition have been rather poor.

Fantastic move 4-0. Lampard finishes it with a deft header.

5-0 Malouda. Shocker from the keeper. Borough are shocking

Sinclair on hopefully he can get a few chances in the last few minutes.

Great performance,Great result. Delighted:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

its just like watching brazil

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement