Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

jesus lads .... i wouldn't get carried away .... what Carlo says is true united will go at us like Barca did at Arsenal yesterday....

this is when i worry about Chelsea .... when they sit back ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

growler wrote: »
    3-0 chelsea Drogba Anelka and Lampard for me :)

you better get the kleenex ready so because your going to be disappointed, 3-1 united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

you better get the kleenex ready so because your going to be disappointed, 3-1 united

That settles that then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

woke up this morning, had that saturday morning feeling, but we've to wait for another 24 hours-dagans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

V9 wrote: »
    CHD
    Xavi6
    MarkMI6
    Soby
    Mr.Nice Guy
    Bubs101
    Chong
    My name is URL
    civis_liberalis
    Galvasean
    vorbis

CHD made it onto my list.:pac:

pre-match facts from the chelsea website, interesting read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

The last time I felt so confident about a Man U game was the worst night of my Chelsea supporting life ! Terry steps up , Terry slips , Terry misses I cant explain the feelings I had after that game !
    With our without Rooney there still a very good team and people who underestimate them will be left on the arse wondering what just happened !

Daz is bang on we need the performance of the season here and pull out all the stops .

Gutted, gutted, gutted - one kick between glory and inglorious defeat and we screwed up ! Worst thing was losing to Mancs and having to listen to their fans gloating with the odd "you were unlucky" comment thrown in for good measure like a bone to a mangy dog, but that only hurt more knowing we had them by the short & curlies but couldn't put them away esp. after pretty boy missed his penalty ! I could have taken losing in that manner to pretty much any other team in Europe !

And you know the worst thing ? - the result festered away like a open sore all Summer waiting for the new season to start to try to put it behind us and start anew. At least when you lose a big game during a season, the next game is always only 2/3 days away and you can try and banish the blues (no pun intended !) straight away. but losing in the CL final meant the wound was open for months ! Horrible horrible feeling as a CFC supporter. knowing what could have been with that one kick ! I lay awake at night for days after replaying the moment in my mind wondering why the footballing gods had chosen to mock us in that way (how sad am I ??!!) )did the same after Eidur's late miss at Anfield !!) so I can only imagine what JT felt like having been the one to miss. Not surprised at this season's revelations about him tbh !

OK, rant over - I feel better about it already !

gavredking wrote: »
    Throw in Gallas out for a few weeks and Arshavin potentially out as well, Arsenal have had a terrible season with injuries.

Im not glad when a player gets injured but woith Utd missing Rooney for some big games and also Owen I think a win at OT is well within us.

Hopefully Alex and Terry can keep Berba quite and our full backs can stop Nani/Valencia/Park.
    I hope we go to OT with a winning, attacking game plan, sitting back and inviting Utd on to us, even without Rooney is a no-no IMHO.

Utd will more then likely fill the midfield with 5 players now that they have only Berba available and that will cause a huge battle in the middle.

That's the key area in my book - Ferreira and Zhirkov do not fill me with confidence whereas if we had Cole and Ivan there, I'd be hugely optimistic of getting something out of the game.

A draw would keep things boiling nicely (whilst letting Arsenal back in big-style), but a defeat might leave us with too much reliance on other tems against Utd. in the remaining 5 games. We have to avoid defeat !

Those dropped 2 pts. against Blackburn could prove VERY costly yet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Big Four mini league
    P W D L F A Pts
    Chelsea 4 4 0 0 8 0 12
    Man Utd 5 3 0 2 7 6 9
    Arsenal 6 2 0 4 5 11 6
    Liverpool 5 1 0 4 4 7 3

Gotta admit that is pritty impressive...not a goal conceeded

ssshh, don't tempt fate !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Lets stay in run riot mode please all the way to the title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

good news on injury front Cole back in 3 weeks but very unlikely to see Essien again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Sooner we get Ashley back the better. Give Zhirkov his proper position (left winger) back and let him rampage down the side, along with Ashley, but with Ashley better able to defend.

Losing Essien is savagely bad... obviously. We've missed him terribly and no one else could possibly hope to replace him.

Roll on 3pm tomorrow!!! Myself and CHD will either be celebrating like FÚCK come 3, or drowning sorrows and enduring torment from gee-eyed friends/United fans!!!

C'MON THE BLUE!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well done lads big win and well deserved.

In yeer hands now.:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Deilghted with that, couldn't ask for any more. We have the momentum now to push on and win our remaining fixtures.

1st half was an excellent performance, Malouda was terrific again. Thought we did well 2nd half as well. We knew United were going to come at us from the off, but we soaked up the pressure well, considering the injuries we have back there.

A great win the confidecne in the tema is coming back, Joe Cole had a superb game as did Malouda and Mikel.

Deco Ferreria and Zhirkov had good games too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Malouda has been world class these past few months.

Great win - but me pot herbs are completely shot after that....!!

Listening to games on 5Live is not advisable - somehow when you're watching a game, you can anticipate what's happening overall in the game, whereas the radio commentary has you on tenterhooks just waiting for the next thing to happen (today that being a Utd. equaliser that never came .......yyeeeessssssss !)

I see Spuds are losing 2-0 at Sunderland (incl. a missed Bent penalty for a hat-trick! )............whilst it would be good news for us if Spurs were to go off-form badly (Pompey in the final anyone ?!?), it does also mean that Pool are still very much in the race for 4th, which means our game at Anfield is one they need to win (as distinct from professionally "rolling over" to allow us win and ensure Utd. don't get title #19 !!)

It's as tight as a gnat's chuff all round, top, bottom and 4th !

• Advertisement

I think we owe it to liverpool to put them out of 4th spot, no if's and but's about it. they'd do us no favours.
    Great result today :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fiskar wrote: »
    I think we owe it to liverpool to put them out of 4th spot, no if's and but's about it. they'd do us no favours.
    Great result today :D

I think Liverpool owe it to Chelsea to knock them off the top, no ifs and but's about it, they'd do us no favours!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Well done to Chelsea on the win today. good recovery after the inter game.

Drogba only one goal behind Rooney in the PL.

deeeelighted with that result today, dominated the first half, when united got into it in the second half we didnt fall apart, we kept composure and pushed on a got the result.
    happy days blues!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think Liverpool owe it to Chelsea to knock them off the top, no ifs and but's about it, they'd do us no favours!!!:)

Think the odds are with us on that I'm afraid! BTW this is a Chelsea forum, no doubters please!

• Advertisement

:D

oh and before i forget, my Man of the match vote would have to go straight to Zhirkov, thought he was class today. Excellent at going forward, got back in defence and did his job, all round he had a fantastic game i thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fiskar wrote: »
    Think the odds are with us on that I'm afraid! BTW this is a Chelsea forum, no doubters please!

Do I doubt Chelsea? Never:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Again Arsenal winning in the 19th minute of injury time .... I see them
    as the biggest danger to us ....

puts a little downer on the massive result for us today ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Hopefully by the time the pool game comes around, 4th spot will be out of reach for them. Man u and arse still have a lot of tough games so all to play IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Against Wolves. They're not up to much without Fabregas.

perspective required here:
    arsenal AT HOME beat wolves.
    chelsea AWAY beat manchester united.

no downer no way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I think we have to stick to playing 1 up top from here on in. Rotate between Anelka and Drogba if needs be. I really believe we have the confidence now to go and win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

papagormo wrote: »
    oh and before i forget, my Man of the match vote would have to go straight to Zhirkov, thought he was class today. Excellent at going forward, got back in defence and did his job, all round he had a fantastic game i thought.

yeahhe really shone today but think Maloudadeserves it for his performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cracking Game , Cracking result , cracking day , cracking night :D

What more can I say really !

Think that game shaved about 5 years off my life expectancy... Longest 10 mins of my life ensued following Kiko's goal... Thankfully, no equaliser was forthcoming.

Huge win, but no way was that a decider today. Arsenal securing the 3 points late on again means that the title is still as open as it was 24 hours ago. Nothing has been decided yet and it is still in all 3 of the teams' hands.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Think that game shaved about 5 years off my life expectancy... Longest 10 mins of my life ensued following Kiko's goal... Thankfully, no equaliser was forthcoming.

Huge win, but no way was that a decider today. Arsenal securing the 3 points late on again means that the title is still as open as it was 24 hours ago. Nothing has been decided yet and it is still in all 3 of the teams' hands.

I nearly considered turning the TV off for the last ten minutes and go outside to calm myself down and turn it back on to see that United had got a trademark late equalizer, but thank god it never came.

I think without Fabregas that Arsenal will struggle, Arshavin is out for a few weeks as well, away to Spurs is a huge game for them like it is for us. I can see United drawing with City and winning the remainder of their games. It sounds so easy, win our last 5 games and we are champions, I wish it was that simple.

Our 3 home games really shouldn't be a problem(Bolton,Stoke and Wigan) but if we can get two huge performances and results in our two away games(Spurs,Liverpool) then the title should be ours. Easier said than done mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Huge win, but no way was that a decider today.

It could've been a decider if Man U won.

It could've been a decider if Man U won.

Well, that much is true. If United had won, it put them in such a good position.

Thankfully, it didn't happen.

Now, it is all in Chelsea's hands, and no more fup ucks can be allowed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

still spurs and pool to come though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Spurs are beatable and morale will be low for the chelsea game after the beating Arsenal will give them before we play them.

Liverpool will be up for it but their defence is unreliable this season which is why I expect Chelsea to finish the job.

United have to play Blackburn away who are tricky, City who are well capable of beating them and Stoke on the last day will be no push-overs.

From the Chelsea website. Quite amusing in spots!:D
    After Saturday's titanic game at the aptly named Theatre of Dreams, CFCnet has dared to think the unthinkable. If we win our next seven games we do what no Chelsea team has ever done - The Double.
    We don't know whether to be excited or terrified because we've recently fallen at the final hurdle in the both the Champions league and Premier League when it's been easier to win both. The disappointment's etched in our minds, hearts and on the walls of the So Bar's. Do we dare think the unthinkable?

The victory at Old Trafford was magnificent. Ancelotti, to our great relief, bravely left out Drogba and stuck with the team that smashed Villa 7-1. Many fans' groups, not just ourselves, had been imploring Carlo to stick to 4-3-3 and play our best eleven, not simply keep on relying on Drogba to score goals to the detriment of the rest of the team. By way of example, here's what the Chelsea Supporters' Group said.

It was a bold move by Ancelotti because, if we'd lost, the press would have crucified him for leaving out a striker who has 30 goals to his name already this season. CFCnet knows different and we've seen at first hand how our team often plays better without Drogba in the starting eleven. It's not that we've got anything against our Ivorian colossus but, when he plays, both Frank and Anelka suffer, not to mention Joe Cole. Our team often becomes unbalanced and one dimensional as the ball is hoofed up to Didier, route one style.

Against United, Ancelotti got it tactically perfect. For the first time this season he didn't tinker with his first eleven - quite rightly after the Villa performance - and used Drogba to stunning effect later in the game. Didier's finish was breathtaking and lifted the roof off one section of Old Trafford. Our support, by the way, was magnificent and probably the best heard all season. Take a bow.

As for the referee, 'choosing Mike Dean for such a big game was mad'. That's not us saying this but another Premier League manager. Dean didn't disappoint and how he missed Gary Neville's foul on Anelka is one for SpecSavers. Following hot on the heels of 2007's debacle when Dean sent off Mikel and denied Joe Cole a clear penalty, CFCnet is of the opinion that Mickey Mouse probably wears a Mike Dean wrist watch. We'll ask Mickey next time were in Florida.

Further thoughts? Man Utd v Chelsea was the biggest sporting event worldwide over Easter, with the match being beamed live to 211 countries. CFCnet was disappointed with the 12.45 kick-off but we have nagging suspicions that the Premier League has one eye fixed on the growing Asian market where the game kicked-off at 8pm. Fears over pre-match drinking are simply nonsense, it's Asian viewing figures that count. AC Milan v Inter and Barca v Real are all played Saturday night in their respective countries. Hmm.

Looking forward, the various text messages flying about CFCnet and other fans groups suggest that we could be on course for a momentous few months. Seven victories is all we need to make serious history. The sort of history that people remember 100 years on.

Having squandered recent leads with poor defeats against Man City and Everton as well as draws against teams like Blackburn, can Chelsea do what they've failed to do all season and push on? The momentum's with us. Believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

We could have been luckier with that game in Anfield.

City and spurs play their game in hand the following wednesday. Also the Chelsea and pool game is on 3pm on a Saturday.

You never know if both spurs and city had played there 37 games and the pool game was on Sunday, could have been a lot easier for us.:rolleyes:

Was talking to a crowd of fairly dejected Liverpool fans tonight, and they've all but given up hope of getting 4th... But there is no way it is over yet. City and Spurs have tough games coming up and the ball could be flung back into Liverpool's court yet, setting up a classic encounter in Anfield.

Which will matter more to Liverpool? Preserving their top flight record or getting into the Champions League?

The fact that they do not look like extending their record beyond 18 any time soon and the fact that Man United are bound to win another title before Liverpool will makes me think that getting CL football (and keeping Gerrard and Torres in the process) will be much more important than preserving a record.

Ahhhhh just got myself a ticket for Spurs away thanks god my alarm worked. :D back to bed i go for an hour...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

From the Chelsea website. Quite amusing in spots!:D

That article is unreal , I am a Chelsea fan , but even I have to concede that it's very very one sided.

I am beginning to believe this season , the first half on Sat was the first time I have really seen Chelsea play well this season ( I didn't see the AV game )

Come on you blues !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its days like Saturday that you just got to love football, the result was just perfect, 3 points and a display of some great football that showed we truly deserved the points.

5 games to go and we are in the perfect position. I think my life span has shortened but it was well worth it to be surronded by United fans after the final whistle on Saturday.:pac:

Top flight record or not the situation is out of their hands really. At the start of the season 4th spot was always under threat from Villa, Spurs and Man City. Still reckon there will be change for that 4th spot and unlucky for liverpool that it them who are likely to lose it.

• Advertisement

CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yes! Seriously... (John Daniels heavily at work here; when you know him as long as I've known him, you get to call him 'John').

With only a few more games to go, here's hoping Les Bleus can keep up the pace! I'm confident we can and let's see if anything can stop us.

Messi is the man, by the way...

Carefree.....................................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement