Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im delighted today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Everyday is looking better and better, Torres not starting for the 'pool either today (hopefully he needs a rest!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Delighted!!! 3-0 yesterday and then a nice 0-0 today!!! Fúcking fantastic.

And our lovely little buddy CHD asked me to wish all of us the best and so on:
    CHD wrote:
    Buddy. lol Daz! Give my love on thread. Yeah? as you ****ing know Chelsea ****ING chelsea get the **** in BELIEVE lads. We can do it.

Quote this with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYfi_Ex_gM

CHELSEA CHELSEA

I ****ing love you all.

CHD

I love that chap!!!!! What a hero!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nice one CHD............. :D

Big Sam you big beautiful bastard. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Don't get too excited over a 0-0 draw for united ... we still need to beat Bolton...
    not to mention Arsenal being the real danger team ..

the_monkey wrote: »
    Don't get too excited over a 0-0 draw for united ... we still need to beat Bolton...
    not to mention Arsenal being the real danger team ..

Okay sorry for getting exited? Do you actually contribute anything to this thread other than moan and try put a dampner on things? ;) Today was a good day for us, of course we have to do the business on Tuesday but I'm confident we can open up a 4 point gap on United and 6 on Arsenal before they play Spurs on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

What a thing to wake up..to find utd drop points...Awsome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We're in the best position we've been in for 3 years, but after coming agonizingly close before I'm cautiously optimistic. We've won nothing yet.

• Advertisement

If we claim 3 points Tuesday night, that is huge for us. Huge. If we open a 4 point gap on United and a 6 point one on Arsenal (albeit they will have a game in hand), that will take us a long, long way to claiming the Premier League.

Also, good news on the front of Chelsea vs. Liverpool on the 1st May... Liverpool dropping points today puts them in a very difficult position, and with Manchester City beating Birmingham fairly handy... 4th spot looks less and less likely for Liverpool now. If they had ''nothing'' to play for come May 1st, how good would that be for us?

No way would they lie down and die, but if they happen to be in the Europa League Final (or its latter stages) they may fancy winning that more than trying in vain to climb to 4th.

Just a quick question: what does the winner of the Europa League get in terms of the following season's European competitions??? Does the winner of the Europa get into the Champions League at qualifying stages or something? Or are they seeded back into the Europa League??? Just wondering here...

All come down to our liverpool game really..and maybe even the totenham one

Soby wrote: »
    All come down to our liverpool game really..and maybe even the totenham one

Spurs game will be a lot harder, as they are still pushing like fúck for that 4th spot, tho I honestly think that Man City are going to do it this season. Man City with Champs League football is frightening stuff....... they will now be able to purchase at will almost, able to say to prospective players ''We will be playing Champions League football this season''

Spurs game will be huge stuff..

DazMarz wrote: »
    Spurs game will be a lot harder, as they are still pushing like fúck for that 4th spot, tho I honestly think that Man City are going to do it this season. Man City with Champs League football is frightening stuff....... they will now be able to purchase at will almost, able to say to prospective players ''We will be playing Champions League football this season''

Spurs game will be huge stuff..

Yeah thats why I almost hope Spurs finish ahead of them. We still need to beat them Saturday though. I don't care what the table looks like below Chelsea aslong as we are top!

I never want Spurs in the Top 4. Never. Ever....

But beat them Saturday, and we have crippled them (providing Man City don't stumble again!!!)

Need to book some where to stay for Saturday, argh I'm lazy.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Need to book some where to stay for Saturday, argh I'm lazy.

Premier Inn is a good place... Cheap, very comfortable, and the breakfast is only fúckin savage!!!!

Well them losing today can only be a good thing..hopefully Grant doesnt come back to haunt us..we've already had that with one former manager already

Woo, F.A Cup Final is on my birthday, that would be a sweet birthday present!

Chelsea v. Pompey in FA Cup Final... Hopefully I can get to this! Would be so savage!

Was kinda half-hoping for a Chelsea v. Spurs final, cos of the rivalry, but I suppose Pompey would be somewhat easier than Spurs. That said, they'd love to win the Cup, give their fans something to cheer about.

Just booked tickets for the Stoke game on 25th April... Will not be an easy one, but hopefully we can stick to winning ways at it... Been over 2 months since I've been to a Chelsea game!!! Suffering withdrawal symptoms at this stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone on here knows what the loyalty points requirement would be like for FA Cup Final tickets? Just myself and CHD are thinking of heading over for it and we'd like to know how difficult they would be to come by...

Cheers!:D

try over 2 years Daz, hate being a mature student sometimes!

papagormo wrote: »
    try over 2 years Daz, hate being a mature student sometimes!

Jaysus......... that would be nightmarish!!! :(:eek:

didnt realise utd had city next week..even better news :D

Soby wrote: »
    didnt realise utd had city next week..even better news :D

In Wastelands... And City are in some form at the min... Could be the Blue Rising all over!!!:D

Jaysus......... that would be nightmarish!!! :(:eek:

yeah i know. i started going when i was in a job and had a few quid to spend on ME! then the dam recession kicked in and i had two options- back to college and be penniless, or hit the road to ozzie land.
    so here i am, penniless and cursing you and your travel abilities!!:D

papagormo wrote: »
    yeah i know. i started going when i was in a job and had a few quid to spend on ME! then the dam recession kicked in and i had two options- back to college and be penniless, or hit the road to ozzie land.
    so here i am, penniless and cursing you and your travel abilities!!:D

I'm only able to travel cos I saved like mad when the going was good for me in the summer last year! I'll be broked again come the new season, probably:(....

Just hope I can get 2 tickets to the Cup Final now, cos me and CHD are seriously hoping to go!!!

and with gods speed ye will ye lucky sods!
    tell CHD i said hes nothing but a whore and we all miss his love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Just a quick question: what does the winner of the Europa League get in terms of the following season's European competitions??? Does the winner of the Europa get into the Champions League at qualifying stages or something? Or are they seeded back into the Europa League??? Just wondering here...

Not that clear cut and IMO they don't qualify, have a read of the rules on the link below
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/

I think FA Cup winners do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just a quick question: what does the winner of the Europa League get ?

They get a teacup and a fun sized Mars Bar each.

All they deserve tbh.:pac:

• Advertisement

Well, I'd hope if Fulham win it, they get more than that!!!

Was just wondering, cos I was always under the impression that under the old UEFA Cup format, the winner of that was automatically put into the Champions League.

Anyway, Mars bars are very nice!:rolleyes:

Was just wondering, cos I was always under the impression that under the old UEFA Cup format, the winner of that was automatically put into the Champions League.

No, the only way of gaining entry to the Champions League without qualifying through the league is by winning it and not qualifying through the league for next year. Only has happened once AFAIK with Liverpool and the law was created that year on the basis that Liverpool should be allowed to defend the cup

It's been touted in the past as a possible route to the CL but nothing ever materialized.

Nah,,they would always be given the chance to defend their cup

Chelsea v. Pompey in FA Cup Final... Hopefully I can get to this! Would be so savage!

Was kinda half-hoping for a Chelsea v. Spurs final, cos of the rivalry, but I suppose Pompey would be somewhat easier than Spurs. That said, they'd love to win the Cup, give their fans something to cheer about.

I'm hoping to get one ticket as well, be a class day out be good to meet up before for a few scoops over there as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

So Its looking good for the title, What a turnaround by Chelsea, Have to say credit where credit is due. If City get a Result against Utd, Could see Chelsea Lifting the cup in Anfield with Essien & Ashley Cole Back :):) Anyone know how hard it will be to get tickets for this match ( in Away part).

Also Presuming Liverpool won’t be a top 4 side next year, will it make it any easier to get tickets for them ? Or will they still be very hard to get? For example it was easy to get Man City Tickets This year!!

So Its looking good for the title, What a turnaround by Chelsea, Have to say credit where credit is due. If City get a Result against Utd, Could see Chelsea Lifting the cup in Anfield with Essien & Ashley Cole Back :):) Anyone know how hard it will be to get tickets for this match ( in Away part).

Also Presuming Liverpool won’t be a top 4 side next year, will it make it any easier to get tickets for them ? Or will they still be very hard to get? For example it was easy to get Man City Tickets This year!!

Pool will be done on points, and I'm guessing it will be a high number. Be really hard to get one I'd imagine. :(

Yeah, it will be savagely hard to get tickets to Liverpool away. The tickets are sold to Season Ticket holders first for about a week, and then if there are any left, they go to the members based on loyalty points.

I'm still desperately looking for tickets to Cup Final, tbh. Really wanna go and drag CHD with me!!! haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A bit of rotation for tomorrow, Kalou and Ballack in for Cole and Deco. Defence will stay the same Carlo will make a decision tomorrow over Drogs or Anelka.

smuckers wrote: »
    A bit of rotation for tomorrow, Kalou and Ballack in for Cole and Deco. Defence will stay the same Carlo will make a decision tomorrow over Drogs or Anelka.

I'd stick Anelka up there, leave Drogs on bench. If things go tits up, we can then lash him on if need be. Seemed to work wonders when he wasn't on the pitch, so I'd stick with it, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I'd stick Anelka up there, leave Drogs on bench. If things go tits up, we can then lash him on if need be. Seemed to work wonders when he wasn't on the pitch, so I'd stick with it, tbh.

I’d Like to see Drog Over Take Rooney for The Golden Boat:) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I’d Like to see Drog Over Take Rooney for The Golden Boat:):)

New award for this year?? :confused: :pac:

I’d Like to see Drog Over Take Rooney for The Golden Boat:):)
    gavredking wrote: »
    New award for this year?? :confused: :pac:

No, that's a Chinese Restaurant that Rooney and Drogba both go to........:rolleyes:

Hoping there will be some decent streams for tomorrow.

Johner wrote: »
    Hoping there will be some decent streams for tomorrow.

Yeah, defo... I hate it when the streams are rubbish (which is usually always!!!:mad:)

Hopefully there'll be some good links posted up for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yeah, defo... I hate it when the streams are rubbish (which is usually always!!!:mad:)

There should be some good links here.

• Advertisement

jasonorr wrote: »
    There should be some good links here.

Good man. Fair play to ya! Last time I watched a match on streaming, it froze and cut out so much the laptop nearly ended up in the middle of the road!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We downloaded veetle and used that to watch the full match last time , and the picture never froze at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Anyone that has ESPN ( it just appeared on my TV a while back :D ) will be glad to know theyre showin the Chels match tomorrow :)

Anyone that has ESPN ( it just appeared on my TV a while back :D ) will be glad to know theyre showin the Chels match tomorrow :)

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!!

YES!!!! GET IN!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks, Tangy!!! You seriously just made my day!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

S'grand :)

What do yas think about Ferguson sayin we'll cruise against Bolton? Coyle and Ancelloti are both dismissing it as mindgames.. is everything said these days mindgames? :confused:

On another note, I hope Arsenal knock lumps out of Spurs in 2 days time :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement