Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone that has ESPN ( it just appeared on my TV a while back :D ) will be glad to know theyre showin the Chels match tomorrow :)

Sigh I would be working wouldnt I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

S'grand :)

What do yas think about Ferguson sayin we'll cruise against Bolton? Coyle and Ancelloti are both dismissing it as mindgames.. is everything said these days mindgames? :confused:

On another note, I hope Arsenal knock lumps out of Spurs in 2 days time :)

That's true... Nearly everything said by managers/players in this day and age is always summed up as ''mind games''... stupid really.

Weeeeeeell..... Dunno if I want Arsenal to win at all. I don't. I hope it goes the opposite! Spuds to knock 7 shades outta the Gooners!!! Hahaha. End their title challenge and leave it for us!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ashley Cole and Brana trained today. :)

Also Essien trained in the sandpit. :)

Ticket news for Pool away, it is taking place on Sunday 2nd May now.

Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Away

Liverpool
    Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 2 May
    Kick Off 1:30pm
    Loyalty Points 1
    Live on Sky

Ticket sales for this match will be as follows:

Tuesday 13 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders with 118 loyalty points.

Wednesday 14 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Tuesday 13 April.

Thursday 15 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Wednesday 14 April.

Friday 16 April to Sunday 18 April until 2pm: All remaining season ticket holders can purchase one ticket.

Monday 19 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Friday 16 April.

Tuesday 20 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Monday 19 April.

Wednesday 21 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Tuesday 20 April.

Thursday 22 April until 5pm: All remaining members can purchase one ticket.

Friday 23 April: Season ticket holders and members can purchase an extra two tickets (maximum of three in total).

Ticket prices
    Tickets for this match are priced as follows:
    Adults £39
    Juniors (under 16) £19.50
    Seniors (over 65) £29.50

We have received an allocation of 3008 tickets

Travel details
    Coaches will depart Stamford Bridge at 6:30am and Newport Pagnell at 7:45am. Coach tickets are priced at £33 per person. Click here to book.

All ticket sales are subject to availability.

Match dates and ticket on sale dates are subject to change. Please check the website for the latest information.

Johner wrote: »
    Ticket news for Pool away, it is taking place on Sunday 2nd May now.

Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Away

Liverpool
    Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 2 May
    Kick Off 1:30pm
    Loyalty Points 1
    Live on Sky

Ticket sales for this match will be as follows:

Tuesday 13 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders with 118 loyalty points.

Wednesday 14 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Tuesday 13 April.

Thursday 15 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Wednesday 14 April.

Friday 16 April to Sunday 18 April until 2pm: All remaining season ticket holders can purchase one ticket.

Monday 19 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Friday 16 April.

Tuesday 20 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Monday 19 April.

Wednesday 21 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members on a loyalty point basis one ticket per member. The number of loyalty points required will be announced at chelseafc.com no later than 6pm on Tuesday 20 April.

Thursday 22 April until 5pm: All remaining members can purchase one ticket.

Friday 23 April: Season ticket holders and members can purchase an extra two tickets (maximum of three in total).

Ticket prices
    Tickets for this match are priced as follows:
    Adults £39
    Juniors (under 16) £19.50
    Seniors (over 65) £29.50

We have received an allocation of 3008 tickets

Travel details
    Coaches will depart Stamford Bridge at 6:30am and Newport Pagnell at 7:45am. Coach tickets are priced at £33 per person. Click here to book.

All ticket sales are subject to availability.

Match dates and ticket on sale dates are subject to change. Please check the website for the latest information.

Haha, Jaysus... Not a chance of getting a ticket for that, at all!!! Lol

Wigan is down to 36 points tomorrow. :)

Wigan is down to 36 points tomorrow. :)

God dammit.... I've 33!!!!!:(

I'd say you have a great chance of getting one to be honest, can't see it selling it out tomorrow. :) Hope not anyway.

I'd say you have a great chance of getting one to be honest, can't see it selling it out tomorrow. :) Hope not anyway.

I hope so... I wanna be there to see them lifting the trophy!!!

Can't wait for it.

Going to Stoke game, and then if I can somehow miracle a ticket for Liverpool I'll go to that too and so on.

FA Cup Final is what I'm really worried about tho. Wanna go with CHD, but I can't even be sure I'll get one ticket, never mind two. Any idea what the loyalty points will be like for that?

Very high I'd reckon. :( I'm going to try my best to get one as well. A pair might be very hard to get. :(

• Advertisement

Very high I'd reckon. :( I'm going to try my best to get one as well. A pair might be very hard to get. :(

I know, that's what I'm afraid of. But I'm gonna beg, plead and look high and low... Do my best to get one.

Would love to go to it! Would be the best day!

DazMarz wrote: »
    I know, that's what I'm afraid of. But I'm gonna beg, plead and look high and low... Do my best to get one.

Would love to go to it! Would be the best day!

You might get someone on cfcnet that can't make the final and might have a membership with a lot of points that they will lend you. I might ask around closer when the points for it are announced. cfcnet is a bit dead recently but you might get lucky.

Checking around like a mad thing now!!! Haha

You never know your luck and God loves a trier. Who Dares Wins and all that!!!:D

Anyone that has ESPN ( it just appeared on my TV a while back :D ) will be glad to know theyre showin the Chels match tomorrow :)
    YAY im not angry anymore..Why you ask?BEcause the match is on tonight ya silly!!!! :D

**Ok hang on both chelsea and premeir league webiste have the match as tonight but bbc has tomorrow???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Soby wrote: »
    YAY im not angry anymore..Why you ask?BEcause the match is on tonight ya silly!!!! :D

**Ok hang on both chelsea and premeir league webiste have the match as tonight but bbc has tomorrow???

IT IS on tomorrow.. jaysus ya gave me a heart attack, thats the quickest a human being has ever descended a flight of stairs without killing themselves in the process:mad:

Haha sorry but when a official club and league page says monday you find it hard not to believe it..Must have gotten re arranged maybe due to the cup?

Soby wrote: »
    Haha sorry but when a official club and league page says monday you find it hard not to believe it..Must have gotten re arranged maybe due to the cup?

The whole point of it being played midweek was because of the cup 'ya silly' ;)

ye but i think it may have been arranged for monday but then cause of the cup they pushed it to tuesday

13th April is a Tuesday... Bolton... Tough, but 4-0 twice in a row in the League and the Carling Cup means we should be very optimistic.

• Advertisement

Ashley Cole and Brana trained today. :)

Also Essien trained in the sandpit. :)

where'd ya read that?

Was on Chelsea TV earlier. :)

It's great news... I just can't help but ponder, if we'd had Ashley and Essien for the whole season... Where would we be right now?!!?

My guess:

-at least 6 clear at the top of the Prem
    -FA Cup would be as is
    -Still in Champs League, going on to play Barca in the semis again.

Pity it all happened at such a crucial time, but at least they will be back for the nitty-gritty last few games of the season!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

The whole time up to today all sources said it was Tuesday, and it is, but I don't know why the premierleague site now says it was on tonight.

chelseaf.th.png
    As i said both Chelsea website and premier league one said today..was wierd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

was in the ould college today, great to meet and greet united fans with a dirty big cheesy aul grin on my face after the weekend!
    the amount of times ive been told "aww thats it,chelsea are finished now" type suggestions have been unreal. yet whos a point clear with a game in hand and not playing a fairly on form city at home this weekend...CHELSEA!

the confidence in the blues is at an all time high at the moment, long may it continue!

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    was in the ould college today, great to meet and greet united fans with a dirty big cheesy aul grin on my face after the weekend!
    the amount of times ive been told "aww thats it,chelsea are finished now" type suggestions have been unreal. yet whos a point clear with a game in hand and not playing a fairly on form city at home this weekend...CHELSEA!

the confidence in the blues is at an all time high at the moment, long may it continue!

Hehehehe... I love it. Plus, I love my Chelsea sovereign ring... So I can go up to Arsenal/Spurs/United fans and say "Kiss my ring":D:D:D

Man United vs. Man City should be a cracker and Chelsea vs. Spurs also holds a lot of promise... Cant wait for this weekend!!!

Pre-match briefing for Chelsea vs. Bolton Wanderers.
    Over the last ten days Chelsea have not played themselves into one cup final, but six of the things, beginning with tonight's hosting of Owen Coyle's Bolton Wanderers.
    There is no room for complacency. Although Wanderers were whacked 4-0 on their last visit in the Carling Cup, they have drawn on three of their last five league visits, and it's the draws that kill title tilts.
    Manchester United's eyebrow-raising stalemate at Blackburn Rovers meant they failed to leapfrog Carlo Ancelotti's men as expected, but the pressure on the would-be champions to win all remaining matches persists.
    In his first season in the Barclays Premier League the Italian manager has topped the table at the end of six of the eight months in the season to date. He simply has to keep his team there for five weeks more.
    And with a tweak to his side's formation since Blackburn, the goals have coursed through the veins of his players and rejuvenated a faltering campaign.

KEY STAT
    Chelsea have scored more goals this season than any other in our history. Frank Lampard's stoppage time goal at Wembley was our 122nd in 50 games, surpassing the 121 from 56 set in 1964/65.

It is a record net-busting season for the club and no one has contributed more to that than Didier Drogba, who against Aston Villa on Saturday scored for the fifth time in five competitive matches at the new Wembley.
    The previous goals came against Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United. The Ivorian has now hit the net 39 times this season for club and country and will hope to hit the 40 mark this evening, having struck three in his last two league clashes with the Trotters.

Looking forward to this game, and absolutely fúcking raging that I didn't buy tickets and go to it!!! Would have been a good game to go to. Still, if I can get to Stoke, Liverpool, Wigan and the Cup Final... Happy fúcking days!!!:D

How in the name of baby jesus do you guys afford all these tickets and travel?! :(

How in the name of baby jesus do you guys afford all these tickets and travel?! :(

Roman ;)

Ya know em? cool cool, whats he like? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What weekend I just had in london , the super blues (were not so super , but im going to blame the pitch) Man u dropping points and big Phil wins in the golf !

Im going to head over to the Wigan game and the FA cup if I can get a ticket.

I was really disappointed with Wembley , the stadium was amazing but around the ground left a lot to be desired , nothing doing what so ever , We had to make are way to Wembley high street to find a pub and with that most of them were full or full of Villa !

I have enough point to get the ticket for Wigan now and flights are only 72 return with Aer Lingus , (Daz , no passport is required )

Flights are only €72 for the FA cup final two , although I am going to stay over both times to soak up the atmosphere or drown my sorrows ! I hope its the first of them two options !

Jobs. ;):)

What weekend I just had in london , the super blues (were not so super , but im going to blame the pitch) Man u dropping points and big Phil wins in the golf !

Im going to head over to the Wigan game and the FA cup if I can get a ticket.

I was really disappointed with Wembley , the stadium was amazing but around the ground left a lot to be desired , nothing doing what so ever , We had to make are way to Wembley high street to find a pub and with that most of them were full or full of Villa !

I have enough point to get the ticket for Wigan now and flights are only 72 return with Aer Lingus , (Daz , no passport is required )

Flights are only €72 for the FA cup final two , although I am going to stay over both times to soak up the atmosphere or drown my sorrows ! I hope its the first of them two options !

If we all manage to get a ticket for the final we should meet for a couple of scoops before and after the game. :)

Also get your votes in for Didier for Fan's Player of the year award. No doubt Rooney will get it but no harm in throwing Didier a few votes.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2022988,00.html

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-fans-awards/pfa-fans-player-of-the-year-contenders-

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If we all manage to get a ticket for the final we should meet for a couple of scoops before and after the game. :)

I would be well up for that , getting out of the ground for a Tube afterwards is a nightmare! To the the pub I say !

Way ahead of ya..was looking on the chelsea website the best goals of last season :D

Wigan down to 22 points tomorrow.

Wednesday 14 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members with 22 loyalty points or more at one ticket per member.

Wigan down to 22 points tomorrow.

Wednesday 14 April until 5pm: Tickets will be sold to members with 22 loyalty points or more at one ticket per member.

Just booked my flights over!!! Will order ticket tomorrow (please let there be Shed Lower left!!!) and then can bop over full of enthusiasm... Can't wait!!!

Just wanna see can I scare up a ticket for Liverpool game... Would love that! Stoke, Liverpool, Wigan and the Cup Final... Financially ruined, but orgasmically happy!!!:D

DazMarz wrote: »
    Just booked my flights over!!! Will order ticket tomorrow (please let there be Shed Lower left!!!) and then can bop over full of enthusiasm... Can't wait!!!

Just wanna see can I scare up a ticket for Liverpool game... Would love that! Stoke, Liverpool, Wigan and the Cup Final... Financially ruined, but orgasmically happy!!!:D

Got a shed lower today , 7 rows from the pitch at that , I hope this day is going to be something special .

I emailed that fella about the tickets Daz, hopefully he is not going to be making the trek to merseyside !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Seen a great headline about the Milan rumour - "Drogba Now Old Enough To Play For Milan" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

My guess is that they are part of the quinn family that took 200mil to share around last year from their company ..... well either that or work for anglo irish bank!!!

Seriously though, you guys must be making some serious amount of cash :confused:

And you're talking about a point system? Does this mean that when I can finally afford to go to the bridge, Ill have to go to a tonne of shíte matches first? :o

This is a good match btw, Zhirkov is playin great for someone that had their head split open. But, Im startin to get annoyed with commentators picking up on every little limp that a player does, Terry and Cech were in no way injured in the first half, they both took knocks, one that the average joe would walk off, yet they're talking about it like we're fúcked for the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

question on the guardian minute by minute

discuss

what the general thoughts on Mikel are? I might be wrong, but didnt S.A.F and Mourinho battle it out for this attacking tricky Nigerian skillfull winger called Mikel? Why do we have this tepid generic not-quite-dynamic-enough-to-be-Essien, not-quite-creative-enough to be a Xavi/Pirlo/Carrick style deep lying playmaker, not-quite-defensive-enough-to-be-Makelele ish centre mid instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Getting closer gentlemen, puck yeah!

thank god for that lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I may just have aged 10 years..

question on the guardian minute by minute

discuss

what the general thoughts on Mikel are? I might be wrong, but didnt S.A.F and Mourinho battle it out for this attacking tricky Nigerian skillfull winger called Mikel? Why do we have this tepid generic not-quite-dynamic-enough-to-be-Essien, not-quite-creative-enough to be a Xavi/Pirlo/Carrick style deep lying playmaker, not-quite-defensive-enough-to-be-Makelele ish centre mid instead?

Wow :pac:

Thats a bit to get your head around, but basically I feel he's good, but only just good enough to keep a place in the team.

Was that a nervey second half or WHAT?!! :eek:

Lukker- wrote: »
    I may just have aged 10 years..

Didnt even have the energy to punch the air at full time myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Farking hell - I aged 10 years watching that !!

Did we look very nervous or wha' ?!?

Need to get seriously fired up for the Spuds on Sat. - wouldn't a home win or draw at Eastlands earlier in the day makee our task a little easier !

Mind you, still got to watch the Arse making a late bid on the inside rail esp. if they win tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A poor performance but 3 points is 3 points, Zhirkov MOTM, Ballack and Frank very poor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement