Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Seriously though, you guys must be making some serious amount of cash :confused:

And you're talking about a point system? Does this mean that when I can finally afford to go to the bridge, Ill have to go to a tonne of shíte matches first? :o

Right, first off, the most expensive part of the day is usually the match ticket itself, in or around STG£50.

Book early enough with Ryanair/AerLingus and you can get flights relatively cheap (a sneaky one I've discovered is fly over with one and back with the other and it by some freaky miracle works out cheaper; don't ask me why!!!) and you can get flights for less than €90.

Bitta pocket money over there for train, Tube, programme, pie, beer et al... maybe STG£50.

Talking in or around €200 (but a lot of that can be paid before hand so you don't need it all in the one go). Expensive for one day out, but so SOOOOOOOOO worth it!

Then you asked about loyalty points. If you want to go to 'big' games (against the likes of Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Spurs, Champions League Knockout games etc.), yes you need to accumulate a certain number of loyalty points on your membership/season ticket.

You do this by attending ''lesser'' games (you get 8 points for attending Champions League Group Stage games, 5 for FA Cup Games [not semi-final or final], 3 for Premier League games and 1 for 'big' games).

It is easier to obtain tickets for home games than it is for 'big' away games, obviously.

And tonight, lads............ YES!!! Nervy as fúck, but thankfully we are nearing the winning post now! Yes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

smuckers wrote: »
    A poor performance but 3 points is 3 points, Zhirkov MOTM, Ballack and Frank very poor

Agree about Zhirkov def MOTM, Ballack was his usually static self, thought Lampard had a decent game with one or two excellent passes and unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Joe Cole looked like a little wizzard when he came on it's just a shame he can't shoot!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DazMarz wrote: »
    Right, first off, the most expensive part of the day is usually the match ticket itself, in or around STG£50.

Book early enough with Ryanair/AerLingus and you can get flights relatively cheap (a sneaky one I've discovered is fly over with one and back with the other and it by some freaky miracle works out cheaper; don't ask me why!!!) and you can get flights for less than €90.

Bitta pocket money over there for train, Tube, programme, pie, beer et al... maybe STG£50.

Talking in or around €200 (but a lot of that can be paid before hand so you don't need it all in the one go). Expensive for one day out, but so SOOOOOOOOO worth it!

Then you asked about loyalty points. If you want to go to 'big' games (against the likes of Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Spurs, Champions League Knockout games etc.), yes you need to accumulate a certain number of loyalty points on your membership/season ticket.

You do this by attending ''lesser'' games (you get 8 points for attending Champions League Group Stage games, 5 for FA Cup Games [not semi-final or final], 3 for Premier League games and 1 for 'big' games).

It is easier to obtain tickets for home games than it is for 'big' away games, obviously.

And tonight, lads............ YES!!! Nervy as fúck, but thankfully we are nearing the winning post now! Yes!!!!

Couple of things on this :

I always fly to heathrow as you can get the tube directly from there ,

Gatwick has the gatwick express but its a rip off.

I also have an oyster card, which works out a lot cheaper on the tube,

You get points for joining as a true blue at the beginning of the season.

I write of most of my trips as business trips as I deal with a lot of companies in the UK , I work for myself but wud not consider myself any sort of big earner .

I would rather not go on the lash in Dublin every weekend and take in a game or two at the end of the month.

My usual costs are

Flights 82
    Hotel 100
    Match ticket 50-
    Drink /Food / we will say a 100 but its usually a lot less.

The Last night I had in Dublin cost me

Hotel 125
    Food 20
    Drink 120
    Taxi 20-30
    Drunk food 12.

There aint much in the difference really for me , we get robbed over here for everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I wonder whats going to happen when Cole comes back, would love to see Zhirkov move into mid, he's been playing too well to be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

smuckers wrote: »
    I wonder whats going to happen when Cole comes back, would love to see Zhirkov move into mid, he's been playing too well to be dropped.

Well I wouldn't rush Cole back this season anyway, bring him on after 60-70 mins for a few games to get his game back. Zhirkov typically operates on the left wing but I've seen him play CM before. So there could be room there. Carlo is going to have selections headaches when he gets a fully fit squad, thankfully good ones, nothing wrong with a squad with players fighting for positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

4 games left , dare I say the league should be Chelseas sooner than expected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

If you jynx it Ill KILL you :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The bookies rarely get it wrong ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

newkit_home_carvalho1.jpg

New Jersey, lads....... I think that the addition of red into it is bloody awful. But I want other's opinions.

(Pic comes courtesy of a link provided by CHD; who hates the jersey!!!)

• Advertisement

Can't blame him, who'd have thought somethin' so subtle could be so dreadful :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wasn't the last shirt wit red in the losin final of 94. Amiga sponsored. Horrible collar. Don't like the red bit at all. Oh, and seeing Chels on the cheap can be done. League cup ticket 20 quid. Heathrow travel lodge 35, tube travel card all zone off peak 8 quid flight 80. Dinner in pub 2 min walk from hotel a fiver. Doable for under 150

Very similar to '94 jersey, actually. Shouldn't be any red in the Chelsea jersey at all, IMO. Not good for the eye or the stomach.

There's always a few wild links floatin around when we're approaching the new season, but dont put it past Chelsea to pick somethin like that.

Latest_2008_09_Chelsea_Third_Soccer_Jersey_Ss.jpg

Need I say more?

Who the hell knows what they'd pick. But the fact that the players are modelling it (could be photoshop, I know, but I doubt it) makes me think it could be legit.

Sick, but there you go.

got ticket for Wigan game........ no shed:( but have ticket. thank fúck.

back to bed..............:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hi Guys, Thinking of Heading over to the Wigan Match. Just wondering what you guys this Match. Should it be the match Chelsea Lift the Title If they Actually stay on track?

Would Love the idea of seeing them get the Cup @ Stamford Bridge

Also Was wondering about getting Tickets for it. Would anyone here have 2 Spare Memberships so I could buy the tickets with?? ( Hope this isn’t breaching any rules as I’m an asking to buy Tickets)

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hi Guys, Thinking of Heading over to the Wigan Match. Just wondering what you guys this Match. Should it be the match Chelsea Lift the Title If they Actually stay on track?

Would Love the idea of seeing them get the Cup @ Stamford Bridge

Also Was wondering about getting Tickets for it. Would anyone here have 2 Spare Memberships so I could buy the tickets with?? ( Hope this isn’t breaching any rules as I’m an asking to buy Tickets)

Thanks!

IF we win the title, they will bring it out onto the pitch and do a lap of honor and all that even if we have it won a week or two earlier.

There is only restricted view tickets left and I'd say they will be sold out in the next few hours.

I'm going to try get one of cfcnet for face value but if not there should be a few floating round viagogo(handling fee's are a rip though)

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    IF we win the title, they will bring it out onto the pitch and do a lap of honor and all that even if we have it won a week or two earlier.

There is only restricted view tickets left and I'd say they will be sold out in the next few hours.

I'm going to try get one of cfcnet for face value but if not there should be a few floating round viagogo(handling fee's are a rip though)

Thanks Jonner, I usually only use CFCnet. Would only get to 1 or 2 games a year. Great site for genuine fans swapping & selling tickets at Face Value. Would Like get a Wigan One Soon, Aer Lingus Flight Prices Aren’t too Bad, Should be able to get Ticket & Flight for like €150.

Also Does anyone know is the kick off time for the Wigan Match confirmed yet??

Thanks Jonner, I usually only use CFCnet. Would only get to 1 or 2 games a year. Great site for genuine fans swapping & selling tickets at Face Value. Would Like get a Wigan One Soon, Aer Lingus Flight Prices Aren’t too Bad, Should be able to get Ticket & Flight for like €150.

Also Does anyone know is the kick off time for the Wigan Match confirmed yet??

Ah if you use cfcnet I'd say you will get a Wigan one. If not I'll try sort you out with a membership for viagogo as I'd say a few will come up on that.

4pm for the game!

Also the Bus Eireann eurolines is a cheap way of getting to London. Long trip but if you book early you can get it for €50 return which is great. And if you are with some one the boat is a bit of craic over.

I'm getting the swift ferry over on Saturday at 8.45 arriving at 10.45 at Holyhead, then the train to London at 11.23 arriving at 3.38 at Euston. Should see me arriving at the lane in time for the game at 5.30. the boat was €60 return and I'll be kipping somewhere cheap enough for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I quite like the shirt design this year... apart from the red.

Sounds Good:) I'm Imagine its very tiring heading the long way on the boat:O Well Considering I Don't Go to Many games, I'll prob cough up the extra ching to fly with Aer Lingus, only like €110 return @ the min I Think:)

the Comfort of flying into Heathrow is Great. Out to the Bridge in 40 Mins then:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Tickets sold out now i think ,

Tickets for Season ticket holders are sold out for the pool , members tickets go on sale monday morning 7am ,

Loyalty points will be announced before 6pm on friday

I'm guessing about 80 points. :(

I think that jersey posted earlier is for real !

110781.jpg

110782.jpg

Don't like the red. :( I know we used to have it but it just reminds me of Arsenal,United and Liverpool. :(

• Advertisement

I'm guessing about 80 points. :(

I will have 57 after the points get added on for Wigan Ticket I am guessing it will be a very very long shot !

Don't like the red. :( I know we used to have it but it just reminds me of Arsenal,United and Liverpool. :(

All the teams seem to be going for the tailored fit design, I bloody hate that design, Its a football jersey not a top for london fashion week .

It will be a hell of lot easier to notice the tug on the Jersey next season :)

Obaraten wrote: »
    where did you get these pictures from?

According to one source, someone hacked into Chelsea's site and got the pictures from there. They look way too good to be photoshopped, so I reckon they be genuine.

Why did they have to do this, put red in there??? Dublin did the same with their jersey (albeit that was with the sponsor).

Two teams who always wear blue and their rivals (Tyrone/Cork et al for Dublin; Arsenal/Man United/Liverpool for Chelsea) wear red and they have to splash a bit of red onto their jersey... I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'd buy it only it has the red on it.

CHD showed me a photo of a new 'away' jersey that I'm so hoping was real, but was probably faked... It was a really cool black one, with the old leaf Adidas crest on it, and had a perfect balance of modern and retro. I'll get a pic link off him soon. But it was a gorgeous jersey. Much nicer than the home cack!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

If it is real at least it dosn't look like it was a built in underwire mans bra on it this year, prob still wont buy it though, bought the a nice chelsea jacket this season so prob buy anything next season, unless they bring out a nice training top or something, which they usually do, an i usually end up buying it like the gulable fool i am!

Well, I'm the type of clown who will buy all the jerseys released... Home, away, 3rd, goalies (tho they probably won't release another goalie jersey this season)... Plus polo shirts, jackets (bought a savage Chelsea jacket, kinda like a V-Jacket there a while back. love it!) and so on. Stupid, but I love it!!!

What better place to make my 2,000th post?!?!:D

I now, officially, have no fúcking life!

Thank you, boards.ie!!!

Thank you, boards.ie!!!

:D

I got all 3 jerseys from this season. Drogba home, Essien away and A.Cole on the 3rd strip. :) Will probably do the same next season even though I don't really like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Thank you, boards.ie!!!
    I hit 2,000 in less than a year of membership! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seen lifestyle advertising it anyways (no pic) 5/5 its coming out i think

Soby wrote: »
    Seen lifestyle advertising it anyways (no pic) 5/5 its coming out i think

They will prob wear the new kit for the FA cup final !

Go the images of the Jersey from the Chelsea chat site .

The reason for the Red in the shirt ,

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/290573

Just got this from the Shed , brilliant

110811.jpg

Just saw new jersey. Looks alright. I actually don't mind the red. It isn't massive and it is there for good reason.

pics

Just got this from the Shed , brilliant

110811.jpg

I love it... Priceless. The look on Anderson's face is what makes it tho...:D
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    Just saw new jersey. Looks alright.

pics

You'd be one of the first I've heard/seen to say that... At least someone had something positive to say about it!!!:o

I love it... Priceless. The look on Anderson's face is what makes it tho...:D

You'd be one of the first I've heard/seen to say that... At least someone had something positive to say about it!!!:o
    Well it isn't massive and it is there for a good reason. Might think differently when I actually see it but in the pictures, it looks alright.

I didn't buy this seasons jersey because I thought it looked horrid but I'll probably buy that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

lookin at the new shirt on the Chelsea shop there now, and while I was getting use to the red, I see the ****ING mesh is back again. ENOUGH WITH THE ****ING MESH... **** sake.

V9 wrote: »
    lookin at the new shirt on the Chelsea shop there now, and while I was getting use to the red, I see the ****ING mesh is back again. ENOUGH WITH THE ****ING MESH... **** sake.
    Aw sh*t, are you serious. There goes my plans.

So no, I won't be getting this jersey!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement