Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

YEAH! the mesh was a big turn-off for me. My lovely new jersey was ripped to fúck by the time I had to wash it the first time. It snagged on everything and got caught on everything and tore up in places.:(

But also on the new jersey, it looks very tight and the arms look tight/small... Dunno if it's meant to be like that, but I don't like that look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just got this from the Shed , brilliant

110811.jpg

Immediately reminded me of this..

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2119238169/

:D

Essien wrote: »
    Immediately reminded me of this..

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2119238169/

:D

Priceless......... Very good!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'm just gonna have to see this shirt in person before I go buying it (I will end up buying, I always do). Ol Vialli is gettin a bit wider these days so I doubt that shirt will fit em in a medium ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the new chesea home keeper jersey

jaysus someone is aweful fond of making Cech look like a human highlighter!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Not too sure about the new shirt at all :

110815.jpg

110816.jpg

I don't like this new jersey at all... But I will end up buying the fúcking thing!!! As I always do!!!:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

papagormo wrote: »
    the new chesea home keeper jersey

jaysus someone is aweful fond of making Cech look like a human highlighter!

Cech picks his own colour's for the Shirts,

He believes the brighter colour's distract's strikers ,

I read this a few years ago on the chelsea website .

Cech picks his own colour's for the Shirts,

He believes the brighter colour's distract's strikers ,

I read this a few years ago on the chelsea website .

Didn't know that at all... That's weird... But still, if he could just improve catching crosses/corners/frees and worry less about his appearance I'd be happy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

They should think of th average beer bellied football fan when they make these lycra jersies.

I remember being in Heathrow airport a fw years ago and I saw a couple of Spurs fans in their brand new body-hugging jersies. The sight of their bitch tits and flabby tummies bet into the geansai still haunts my nightmares.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    They should think of th average beer bellied football fan when they make these lycra jersies.

I remember being in Heathrow airport a fw years ago and I saw a couple of Spurs fans in their brand new body-hugging jersies. The sight of their bitch tits and flabby tummies bet into the geansai still haunts my nightmares.:pac:

This is very true... I mean don't manufacturers and clubs get it? Replica shirts are not for athletes!!! They're for kids and fat blokes (fat blokes who like beer and fast food, it must be said). Surely Nike/Adidas et al would be better off researching a fabric that would repel curry/ketchup/beer stains rather than all this fine mesh b.s.? Or a replica that sweat actually cleans or something?

Get a clue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

43£ on the Chelsea website. What a rip. :(

And,

60£ with Drogba on the back and badges. :(

€91 for the jersey, badge and a printing on the back... shocking shít...

I paid that for the home shirt two years in a row. Didn't this year and wont for this one either. JJB sports in Tallaght do shirt printing for 10 quid afaik so I'll bring it in there, better than paying 90 quid.

• Advertisement

I bought the home one from the superstore over there last year think it was 40£.Then got the same one off one of the fake shirt sites with Drogba on the back just for astro turf for €21 delivered and they are really good quality actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I like the red but would not be into wearing jerseys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

I dont mind it really, at least they have a reason for the red, will buy it unless the mesh stuff is particularly bad,
    Does have a hint of France or Rangers off it though.

LOL it does give it a certain Rangers-esque quality.

Its starting to grow on me.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

/jersey chit chat

COOOOME OOON YOU SPUUUUUDS

goin there and beatin them looks like its gonna be a bit harder than I though lads, not often ya see arsenal getting beaten this badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I like it. Don't think the replicas wil be as tight fitting, think they are going for the rugby approach where they make it skin tight so it's harder to get pulled back.

Good couple of weeks for Chelsea.

Spurs confidence is going to be sky high against us now Saturday.

Killinator wrote: »
    I dont mind it really, at least they have a reason for the red, will buy it unless the mesh stuff is particularly bad,
    Does have a hint of France or Rangers off it though.

The second I saw it I though "oh... Rangers. Hm."

Happy with tonight's result. Ends Arsenal's run totally, and Spurs got a really tough, demanding game. They played 120 minutes on Sunday, a very tough 90 today... With any luck they'll be more tired for Saturday. But their confidence will be up, and they also still have a very realistic shot at 4th. So all to play for.

Let's hope that young lad doesnt get the chance to unleash a shot like tonight, a chríost!

Let's hope that young lad doesnt get the chance to unleash a shot like tonight, a chríost!

No he won't. Our defence will keep him well hedged away. Never mind that.

Be a sickener if Gudjonsen scored the winner against us on Saturday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

its getting aweful hard not to be thinking about a double lads, i know we are 4 points clear of united and 6 points clear of arsenal, but if we get one ****ty result, its back to being as tight as fook at the top. i dont think i can take much more of this! any know of any way to fast forward to the wigan game?!
    tottenham (a)
    stoke (h)
    liverpool (a)
    wigan (h)

pompey (wembley)

the dream double awaits!

any know of any way to fast forward to the wigan game?!

A bottle of jager and a trampoline should sort ya out.
    the dream double awaits!

CAREFREE!!!!

Meh second rate double these days tbh lads, hasn't really meant much since the late 90's.

• Advertisement

Screw it, two nice pieces of silverware. Two of the most coveted trophies in English football. Not exactly second rate. It'd be nicer to have the most coveted English trophy and the most coveted European trophy... But sure we'll settle for domestic glory this season, before conquering Europe next season...:D

Carefree.........

flahavaj wrote: »
    Meh second rate double these days tbh lads, hasn't really meant much since the late 90's.

Saucer of Milk , Table for one please :D

Hopefully this is a true story ,

RA has put a block on a lot of our high paid stars (I use that word loosely ) contract talks .

Get rid of Ballack, keep Joe and Anelka !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1266028/A-Special-reunion-Inter-Milan-boss-Jose-Mourinho-eyes-limbo-Chelsea-midfielder-Michael-Ballack.html

There is plenty of News knocking about this morning :

Tickets prices to be increased for the first time in 4 seasons , FA Cup , Carling Cup stay the same

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2024892,00.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TicketPrices/0,,10268,00.html

Ticket prices up. :(

Fúcking shíte putting the ticket prices up. We were one of the most expensive clubs anyway... Fúck sake...:(

Also... I gave out about it, moaned about the red in it, thought it looked too tight, gave out about the arms, moaned more about the red in it, thought it looked stupid........... but what did I do not 5 mins ago???

Yep, you guessed it... Pre-ordered the new 2010-11 Home Jersey with printing on the back...

I'm weak. I really am a weak willed, easily led sheep:(

I'll probably do the same. :o

£51 for the cheapest ticket we can buy(apart from family and restricted). It's a bit of a joke.

It's shocking. It's expensive enough to get over there as is, with flights and all (accomodation if you have to stay over)... £51 a ticket is a bit sick. But sure how and ever... The powers that be will always slap us around and we have to take it!:mad:

Anyone else think Malouda was a bit hard done by in the POTY nominations, hes certainly come good this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I Don’t really feel he was hard done by TBH, he hadn’t the best first half of the season. Wasn’t getting many starts either. I remember their was a period around December I think where he gave an interview about how he was fed up about how he wasn’t getting games & also their was something about him thinking it was unfair Lampard always gets playing because he’s a one of the 3 faces of Chelsea.

Not sure how much of that was BS, But in fairness he wasn’t getting many games, he was fustrated!!

He has really turned a leaf. Drogba has been the most Consistent for Chelsea I’d Say. For the opening few months Lamps wasn’t scoring , I was fearing he would have an awful season, How I was Wrong :)

I suppose, I guess I forgot how he was for the first half of the season given how good hes been in the second half

If he hadn't gotten injured for the last while, I reckon Ivanovic would walk away with POTY at Chelsea. The only one who can touch him (over the whole season) is obviously Drogba. Malouda has had an incredible 2nd half of the season. Ivanovic has been animal all season. Beast of a player both in defence and going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We are in a good position now but I cant help but feel we might have a almighty **** up.

Spurs will be difficult, they look excellent defensively. However, King cant play 2 games in a row and they put a lot of effort in last night , might tire them out, hopefully:rolleyes:

DazMarz wrote: »
    If he hadn't gotten injured for the last while, I reckon Ivanovic would walk away with POTY at Chelsea. The only one who can touch him (over the whole season) is obviously Drogba. Malouda has had an incredible 2nd half of the season. Ivanovic has been animal all season. Beast of a player both in defence and going forward.

Yeah he's been fantastic but that said lacks pace and delivery, I think Ferreira has been immense since being called upon. That said my first choice right back is Boswinga, proved he can defend vs Messi last season and is on another level going forward. Would like to see Ivanovic move to center back at some stage.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    We are in a good position now but I cant help but feel we might have a almighty **** up.

Spurs will be difficult, they look excellent defensively. However, King cant play 2 games in a row and they put a lot of effort in last night , might tire them out, hopefully:rolleyes:

Don't be thinking negative shíte like that! We've never really been in such a good position all season; 4 clear of United, 6 clear of Arsenal.

Spurs played 210 minutes of high intensity football over the last 5 days and they will be sufficiently knackered out after that.

We are playing like a team possessed of late and all going well, we will secure the title in Anfield and all that there...

Carefree!!!:D

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah he's been fantastic but that said lacks pace and delivery, I think Ferreira has been immense since being called upon. That said my first choice right back is Boswinga, proved he can defend vs Messi last season and is on another level going forward. Would like to see Ivanovic move to center back at some stage.

AFAIK, Ivanovic was always deployed at centre-half, and it was only due to injury to Bosingwa that he was switched to right back. He is immense in either role. And when Riccy retires/moves (which could be after next season) Ivanovic will stride into that position without question. He is an animal and I think what he lacks in pace he makes up for in strength and his delivery can be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It would be sweet if we won it at anfield. I would LOVE it if we beat them there. Love it:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Just to go back to the jersey talk for minute, didnt they used to release the home kit every two years?

Now its every May that chelsea release a new home kit, bloody money spinner! But i'll end buying it anyway :) ......always do.

Holding out for a nice training jersey myself :D or maybe an away/3rd kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jesus lads - I'm getting really excited , I can TASTE this league title.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement