Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It would be sweet if we won it at anfield. I would LOVE it if we beat them there. Love it:D:D

Well Liverpool did want the league title to return to Anfield after 20 years!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Quite looking forward to my trip to lane this weekend, will be even sweeter if City have beaten United earlier on in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Got a email from chelsea today showing that the red collar jersey is definatly next years one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just back in from work... Have to contribute a very valid point to this thread:

CAREFREE!!!!

that will be all!:D

Liverpool is 92 points.

Wonder when details on FA Cup final tickets will come out.

Johner wrote: »
    Liverpool is 92 points.

Wonder when details on FA Cup final tickets will come out.

That's that shot to bits for me getting a ticket anyway!!!!:(

Yeah, I'm really hoping to get a pair of tickets to the Cup Final. I hope I can magic a second one out of somewhere, cos me and CHD are looking to go... My contact in London has never let me down before, so I'm praying he can work his magic again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

chelsea fan, chairman of Liverpool

Great Timing !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8624597.stm

now just need to resume normal service at "3 point lane" again and I can relax for another few days!

growler wrote: »
    chelsea fan, chairman of Liverpool

Great Timing !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8624597.stm

now just need to resume normal service at "3 point lane" again and I can relax for another few days!

For God's sake... Here's hoping he sells Gerrard and Torres for a million each, appoints Ian Dowie as manager and we can all have a laugh...:rolleyes:

We haven't won at WHL for 3 seasons, really hoping we end that tomorrow.

Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic is a £15m target for AC Milan, who believe the Blues will bid for Inter Milan full-back Maicon this summer.

Hands off!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Quick question regarding tickets and loyalty points,
    Do they accumulate over time/seasons or do they start fresh every season?
    I have a few built up, be dissapointed f I hard to start again.

DazMarz wrote: »
    For God's sake... Here's hoping he sells Gerrard and Torres for a million each, appoints Ian Dowie as manager and we can all have a laugh...:rolleyes:

my thinking exactly, although I'd fancy Torres in goal for the remainder of the season

Killinator wrote: »

start fresh every season , only fair way to do it I guess ,

Killinator wrote: »
    I have a few built up, be dissapointed f I hard to start again.

Yeah they start again at the start of each season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ashley Cole is fit to play tomorrow , we could really do with his pace in this game if he is fully fit that is !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We have received 25,017 tickets for the FA Cup Final sponsored by E.ON which takes place at Wembley stadium on Saturday 15th May.
    Adult tickets for this match are priced £40, £65, £85 and £95 with Seniors (over 65) and Juniors (under 16) receiving a £10 reduction on the full adult price ticket.
    We have been allocated the West side of Wembley stadium. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE SEATING PLAN
    All tickets will be sent out special delivery with a £4.87 booking fee per transaction to cover this cost. Tickets must be signed for by the customer. Chelsea FC is not responsible for failures in the postal system. Please note, on this occasion the £1.50 booking fee will be waived on all purchases.
    >>CLICK HERE TO READ THE CONDITIONS OF ISSUE
    The selling procedures will be as follows:
    Tuesday 20th April until 5pm: Supporters on the UK away scheme can purchase their ticket. Supporters on the away scheme will be held the best priced tickets available. If supporters wish to purchase a different priced ticket they can call the call centre or the visit the box office before they purchase and select a different price section.
    Wednesday 21st April until 5pm: Season ticket holders with 84 loyalty points or more can purchase 1 ticket.
    Thursday 22nd April until 5pm: Season ticket holders with 67 loyalty points or more can purchase 1 ticket.
    Friday 23rd April until 5pm: All remaining season ticket holders can purchase 1 ticket.

Further announcements will be made if tickets are available after season ticket holders have purchased their tickets.

Can't see me getting one. :( Members points will be about the same maybe higher. :(

edit; thats if it even goes down to members. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A Cole on bench tomorrow, Ivan back too, Cole Malouda and Deco all starting

Can't see me getting one. :( Members points will be about the same maybe higher. :(

Member points are usually lower , well they have been for most of the season , Im near 60 now so I am hoping that I just might get one , but by the time the season tickets holders are done I cant see there being many left .

Its a bit of a disgrace really , we got just over 32,500 tickets for the Semi -Final, where are all the extras going now ?

PLus IMO if you have gone to Semi you should be able to get a ticket for the Final.

Ah well the flights are booked , I will have to work wonders to get a ticket for this.

Daz , no go on the Liverpool match that bloke is heading over himself .

• Advertisement

Member points are usually lower , well they have been for most of the season , Im near 60 now so I am hoping that I just might get one , but by the time the season tickets holders are done I cant see there being many left .

Its a bit of a disgrace really , we got just over 32,500 tickets for the Semi -Final, where are all the extras going now ?

PLus IMO if you have gone to Semi you should be able to get a ticket for the Final.

Ah well the flights are booked , I will have to work wonders to get a ticket for this.

Daz , no go on the Liverpool match that bloke is heading over himself .

Yeah I doubt it will even go down to members.

25,000 for us and 25,000 for Pompey, so 40,000 tickets for corporate club wembley and so on is a joke.

Yeah I doubt it will even go down to members.

25,000 for us and 25,000 for Pompey, so 40,000 tickets for corporate club wembley and so on is a joke.

I'm more than slightly sickened by this, tbh... In a stadium of 90,000+ capacity, and only 50,000 of those seats are actually allocated to the two participating football clubs!?!?! fúcking joke.

Here's hoping my man in London can work some magic! Come on, Darren!!! You'll defo have a friend for life if you pull this one off!!!

http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/2009/04/27/going-to-the-fa-cup-final-thought-not-%E2%80%A6/

Article on where last year's tickets went. Same thing this year.

GOING TO THE FA CUP FINAL? THOUGHT NOT …

There are around 50 people who help to manage CFCnet. How many are going to the FA Cup Final? Three. A big thank you must therefore be extended to the Football Association for inviting everybody to the Final except those who count – the real fans.With an allocation of just 25,000 tickets for Chelsea and 25,000 for Everton, a whopping 40,000 go to individuals not connected with either Club (most belong to Club Wembley or are loosely associated with the FA itself). To put that into perspective, take a full stadium the size of Stamford Bridge and fill that with corporate nobodies and FA hangers-on and you’ve got a full Wembley. It’s a disgrace.

What galls more than anything is that the FA is desperate to restore the fortune of the FA Cup to its former glory. TV networks bid for the status of televising every round and come August we’re fed a diet of non-games such as Weymouth Town playing Totteridge Rovers or Henley versus Bude….the so-called greatest cup competition in the world is dressed up like an old whore and paraded as though it was the greatest event ever to parade football’s catwalk.

Fans are expected to visit Southend on a cold winter’s Wednesday night, Coventry on a frosty Saturday and then when it comes to the balmy May final the fans who got their team to Wembley are unceremoniously dumped.

Instead the tickets are allocated to the various FA associations up and down the country. 200 tickets go to the Cornish FA etc, 200 tickets to the Hampshire FA etc, thousands to other FA football associations, 100 tickets to the Referees’ Association, not to mention free tickets for the FA’s lawyers and other suppliers such as caterers. It’s a freeloader’s jamboree consisting of everybody and anybody except…the real fans.

My sister used to work for the FA’s lawyers, Freshfields. Even they receive a handful of tickets that are put into a draw and the lucky recipients receive a free day out courtesy of the FA plc. Roll out free tickets for every supplier to the FA, including their paper stationers and Christmas party hat providers and you start to get a clue where every ticket goes.

The problem is, with 40,000 FA and corporate tickets bouncing around, a fair proportion of these end up on eBay. It’s a no-brainer for many people and most tout tickets on sale originate from individuals who don’t give a rat’s arse about the final but care deeply about the fact that each ticket is worth the price of a new sofa.

Even Chelsea season ticket holders aren’t guaranteed a ticket. Two years ago, a whole row of us in the Matthew Harding Lower – ten in all – couldn’t buy FA Cup Final tickets because there were 27,000 season ticket holders and only 25,000 FA Cup Final tickets. That meant that 2,000 season ticket holders didn’t go including us. It was the first major game that any of us had missed in twenty years. Tough titties.

The FA is a fraud. A corporate tart which kowtows to its sponsors, hangers-on and liggers. The FA Cup Final has very little to do with real football. After all, many real fans aren’t there – they’re in the Chelsea Ram pub watching the game on TV – whilst the FA’s ‘guests’ are in the Wembley bar eating prawn sandwiches as the game kicks-off.

Would I be mad to pay £300 for ticket ? if i could not get one ?

I think so , I am applying for a season ticket this year , which will only set me back £695,

Couple of us on here should try and get one or two even 3 together , we will always have people looking to get tickets and then when we want to go over we would all be together ,

IF and thats a big IF , we win the league tickets will be like gold dust next season .

Great article and very very true...

A seating allocation that is the size of Stamford Bridge given to people who won't even fúcking care about the game!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Would I be mad to pay £300 for ticket ? if i could not get one ?

I think so , I am applying for a season ticket this year , which will only set me back £695,

Couple of us on here should try and get one or two even 3 together , we will always have people looking to get tickets and then when we want to go over we would all be together ,

IF and thats a big IF , we win the league tickets will be like gold dust next season .

I'd be tempted by that, tbh. The amount of games I go to, it'd be worth my while, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Disgrace to hear about the FA Cup Final tickets.

I wouldnt expect any different though, sure the FA are keeping all their corporate buddies happy instead of looking after the people that support the clubs up and down the country through every round and every home and away fixture.

It really is sad when you hear stories like this, for any team involved in the Cup that is.

There is going to be some serious pee'd off fans that have travelled that wont be able to go and instaed you have people who entered a raffle at work who will just go for " the day out".

Joke IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Cole on the bench on Sat :D..Good to hear :D

I'd be tempted by that, tbh. The amount of games I go to, it'd be worth my while, tbh.

I'd love to get one for the Shed Lower or the MHL, best atmosphere there and the cheapest.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »

A paddy always does stuff like this, all for publicity.

Just noticed of are 85 goals scored this season in the Premier League, Drogba(26 goals and 11 assists) and Lampard(17 goals and 14 assists) have been involved in 67 of them.:eek:

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/GoaloftheSeason?WT.mc_id=goaloftheseason-mostpopular

Goal of the season nominations. Nice to see Clifffords in there. I'll go for Ashely Cole's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

GOING TO THE FA CUP FINAL? THOUGHT NOT …

This is not really new though is it? For donkeys years the FA have been allocating tickets to its final like this, rewarding the grass roots (corporate know nothings?). It's not right, but it's not new either.

Don't the GAA give away a large percentage of their finals tickets to local associations and not the competing teams?

The League cup has a fairer allocation, and the fairest allocation I can recall was the premier cup competition, sadly no longer with us, the Full Members Cup/Zenith Data Systems cup. :pac::pac:

It's unfortunate that the so-called prawn sandwich brigade will get their day out in Wembley as opposed to the actual die-hard fans who would live and die for their club. Sickens me. As I said, I'm hoping my contact in England will be able to magic something up for me, but having seen the number allocated to CFC for the game, I'm not actually holding my breath. Glad I didn't book flights just yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

When was that article written as the last time I checked it was Chelsea v Portsmouth in the final and not Chelsea v Everton! Is that article not a year old?

iregk wrote: »
    When was that article written as the last time I checked it was Chelsea v Portsmouth in the final and not Chelsea v Everton! Is that article not a year old?

Yeah it is, but it's just the exact same this year, it's a joke.

Sickening...

Beyond a joke. I'm gutted over this. Didn't realise it would be as bad as all that... But sure that's life...:(

Looking on the news earlier the ferry terminals were absolute jammers, if they are delayed in any way I'm going to miss my train from Holyhead. Argh ffs. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anyone see Jonathan Ross taking the piss out of John Terry just now? Absolutely hilarious :D

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Anyone see Jonathan Ross taking the piss out of John Terry just now? Absolutely hilarious :D

That was funny , so was the self potrait of Giggs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Archimedes wrote: »

afraid not I've been watching the Thick of It

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

United derby tomorrow afternoon lads, should be a cracker! Then spurs for us at the lane, here's hoping for 2 very convincing 3-0 wins :D:D:D:D:D

1. Chelsea 35 80
    2. Manchester United 35 73

^^^^^ that's what it'll look like!

I think City have a far better chance of beating utd than Spurs have of Chelsea .

Prediction

3-1 in favour of City

2-1 in favour of Chelsea

Have you taken into account the 2 most recent matches of both the HotSpuds and Chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Have you taken into account the 2 most recent matches of both the HotSpuds and Chelsea?

Have you taken into account the fact its at 3 points lane ffs.

I think we will win 1 nil. Spurs will defend well for a while- we will hit them with a sucker punch and they wont have the energy to hit back. It will happen.

Will be a tight and frantic game in the Lane tomorrow, have no doubt about it. But at least we will know what we have to do following the result of the United/City game. But I really think that come what may and regardless of the United result, a win tomorrow is essential and should hopefully propel us further towards Premier League Title #3 (top flight title #4)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Will be a tight and frantic game in the Lane tomorrow, have no doubt about it. But at least we will know what we have to do following the result of the United/City game. But I really think that come what may and regardless of the United result, a win tomorrow is essential and should hopefully propel us further towards Premier League Title #3 (top flight title #4)...

I really do think UTD will lose this game although rooney is starting, but i see a tevez hatrick, and even a draw for us would be suffice but i cant see us not winning at WHL

Im fúckin sick of that Scholes bástard.
    Its up to us to play a stormer later today, COME on Chelsea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jammy bastards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement