Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

**** day allround if you follow chelsea :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Thats not true, positives were mentioned + we are still top of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

No I like you,

you say what you are feeling,

the status quo here is to back up your comments but sometimes its more freeing to hear people's knee jerk first breath reactions

there is enough space in the real world for being attacked for your thoughts, surely the web should not be as judging,

don't let them get to you little Monkey

Thanks.

anyway just back from a few pints with a norwich fan mate of mine - he's happy :) - just sealed promotion to championship.

anyway some postive points - wow postive feedback from "El Mono" ??

1. At the beginning of the season would you as a Chelsea fan have signed for - 3 games left and 1 point clear ?? -- YES !

2. still in our hands, don't think of this as analyzing the 3 games, think
    beat Stoke, - still on top - Then think about Liverpool.

3. United can easily lose points, Spurs next - the in form league team at
    the moment.

chin up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

Great day for the Champions today, Chelsea were muck.

4 in a row I reckon!;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cant believe there is a whole week to go before we can make a mends for that horror show from the blues Yesterday !

Still a superior goal difference , still a point ahead , still 3 games to go , I would rather be in our position than Man Utd's.

They got Lucky yesterday with the great last minute winner but thats down to there never give up attitude too.

People saying we dont play under pressure should have a look at the game in OT where Man U were well beaten by us . At this stage of the season I am happier that our penultimate game of the season is at Anfield , I would be a lot more worried if we had to go to Old Trafford and win in two weeks time.

Man U have a trickey away fixture to Sunderland , whom on there day can be very good but they can also be woeful !

I really do hope we get the title now as what pi$$ed me off more than the result yesterday was all the Utd fans attitude towards Chelsea as team and a club (bar a few). I can honestly say the Man U forum will be the first place I go to post if we seal the deal in the next few weeks !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

the_monkey wrote: »
    1. At the beginning of the season would you as a Chelsea fan have signed for - 3 games left and 1 point clear ?? -- YES !

2. still in our hands, don't think of this as analyzing the 3 games, think
    beat Stoke, - still on top - Then think about Liverpool.

3. United can easily lose points, Spurs next - the in form league team at
    the moment.

chin up.

Thats more like it monkey, less of your negative ways, it doesn't suit Chelsea fans. What does suit us is being a bunch of impossibly arrogant cnuts (I make no bones about it, I am :D) and going arount saying things like "Im sorry, I couldn't help but notice that we appear to be CONSIDERABLY richer than yow!!".

Top of the league and 3 sitter's to go*, I'll take that

*depending on how the next 2 weeks fare out for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lads im a bit broke..Im trying to buy as many beach balls as i can for the Utd Sunderland fixture :D..Help :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well that was a shocking performance, only Zhirkov and Alex and Ivan came out with credit, the rest should hang their heads in shame, Deco was back to his usual self.
    We can still win but we have to move the ball faster against Stoke and Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Cech played very well I thought made some super stops

• Advertisement

Problem with sunderland is Steve Bruce is the manager ... he will lie down for Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Problem with sunderland is Steve Bruce is the manager ... he will lie down for Fergie.

Just like they did at Old trafford?
    Do you actually think before you type?
    Ive never seen someones posts reflect their name so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

true, some thought the same about Sam Allardyce though, hopefully the football will do the taking

take the previous post on the chin

oh yeah they drew 2.2 at OT.

at this stage , perhaps Steve Bruce would rather see utd winning the title
    then chelsea. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Well if the world did work like that than maybe Gerrard and Carragher would prfer us to win it than United

Cech played very well I thought made some super stops

Yep I forgot about him an excellent game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just about getting over yesterday now... I don't think I was as gutted in a long time. It was an utterly hopeless, toothless performance with very few Chelsea players playing with any kind of passion. Standout for me was Cech; very very little (if anything) he could have done for the second goal (Ferreira was the key culprit there; he was owned by Bale and Modric) and the first goal was obv a peno so no way can he be in any way blamed for that.

Still, despite it all, keep looking at the positives: still on top, better goal difference, Ashley and Essien due back soon, Arsenal more or less finished following Wigan's victory and United have to play the high-flying Spurs this weekend.

Our next 3 games; Stoke (h), Liverpool (a), Wigan (h) should all be victories. Key word: should. There is nothing certain, but going on the fact that Stoke are safe in mid-table, Liverpool have "nothing" to play for and Wigan more or less guaranteed their safety today... Playing three teams who have all got more or less "nothing" to play for (all safe, no European spots going a begging) bodes well, I reckon.

And the statistic of in the 50-odd games played this season that we've only been held scoreless in 2 also bodes well for me. We looked like making it 3 yesterday, but even though it was scant consolation, Super Frank made sure that there was something for the 2,000 Blues fans in the Lane to shout about.

This is where the big players will stand up and be counted, where our mettle and resolve will be well and truly tested. We now need 9 points out of 9, no question. Victory yesterday would have eased the pressure, but that is now a moot point.

Victory in Anfield could be the decisive fixture of the season. Victory there will be crucial.

Also, looks like, thanks to fúcking Iceland, I won't be able to see the Chelsea vs. Stoke game.......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

****ing ****e weekend, was sick on the train when I heard Scholes scored, just knew it wasn't going to be our day to be honest, terrible performance, Bale was unreal.

Not to worry though, it's still in our hands and I'm still very confident, I think Spurs will give United a good game as will Sunderland.

Torres out for the rest of the season following knee surgery - this could proove crucial for us.

Benitez will rest there key players for the Europa league. :)

I really don't see United getting 9/9 points, they will drop points against Spurs or Sunderland. :)

Atmosphere was brilliant in our end for the most part but I was sick to see a good few Chelsea fans leaving when Terry got sent off.

• Advertisement

Torres out for the rest of the season following knee surgery - this could proove crucial for us.

Torres or no Torres we SHOULD have too much for Liverpool, couldn't hurt to have him in the stands all the same.

We will win this, my confidence is unshakeable :D

Johner wrote: »
    Benitez will rest there key players for the Europa league. :)

I really don't see United getting 9/9 points, they will drop points against Spurs and/or Sunderland. :)

FYP, now with added optimism!

:)

Spurs are in cracking form, Bale could run rings around them like he did us.

Also 3 point lane is no longer 3 point lane anymore is it? :(

Jesus Esien , you are the polar opposite of me - I wish i could have such faith !

Stoch scored for Twente today. :) If they win there last game they are champions. Can't wait for Stoch to come back he's been in some form.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »
    Stoch scored for Twente today. :) If they win there last game they are champions. Can't wait for Stoch to come back he's been in some form.

Took his goal well too. Hope he gets some first team action next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As i said to my Man Utd buddies they have a better chance now but with 3 games to go, I owuld much rather be in our position then them.

1 point up with 3 games to go, 2 at home and one away, the wore case scenario is we only take 7 points, that means the Utd have to get 9 which to be honest I dont see happening.

We will know by Saturday evening how the title race will be decided, anything other then a Utd victory will end there hopes, if they draw it makes our game against Stoke a little easier.

Should Utd beat Spurs we have to win our 3 games and im confident we can take 9 points.

Torres out, Arsenal thoroughly kicked in the bollocks and United to come up against a Spurs team that I pray weren't just lucky against us.
    Lads, put the worries and anxiety's on the backburner for now, who are yas backin midweek? The Barca that knocked us out of last years semis, or the Inter that knocked us out of this years last 16?:o

Still looking fairly bright for us, despite what some of my mates (Chelsea fans too a lot of them) have said to me regarding ''bottling'' it.

Midweek: Inter and Bayern to do the business and set up very interesting second legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

If we beat Stoke the psychology of the Liverpool game will be fascinating.
    Will Rafa decide that pragmatically the main target is the Europa cup and go easy in the Chelsea game? By doing this he stops UTD getting significant bragging rights and gives an up yours to SAF?

Situation is still the same as before, as long as we match Utd's resulst's we will win the league. I am hoping for 9 points from the 3 games but if Spurs can take anything from Utd 7 will do us.

I believe we can deal with Wigan and Stoke at home no problem, well by no porblem I mean they are 2 home games we would expect maximum points.

Away to Liverpool, I dont see them lying down at all or making this game easy for us, even if the Europa league is there main agenda by then I dont expect Rafa to roll out the welcome mat and give us an easy game, but that said we should and do have enough to deal with Liverppol and now that Torres is out it gives us a greater chance.

The title is ours to lose and should we throw it away it will be as bad as losing the Champions League Final IMO.

Regardless I think this season has being an improvement and that is largely down to the Carlo, we have stuttered in places but I think Carlo has done very well.

When he was appointed I was expecting him to bring a league title back our away ASAP, especially since Utd lost Ronaldo and Tevez and hopefully he can deliver in his first season.

Still on top lads and in a MUCH better position then Utd. ;)

bullpost wrote: »
    Will Rafa decide that pragmatically the main target is the Europa cup and go easy in the Chelsea game? By doing this he stops UTD getting significant bragging rights and gives an up yours to SAF?

I'm just hoping that the league is not an issue for Liverpool when the day comes, we really want City or Spurs to be out of reach but they also have to be clear of 8th place. Thats not to say we wouldn't beat them under normal circumstances, this would just make it easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

No one has mentioned the fact that Wigan beat Arsenal so its not going to be easy against them. I know we're playing at home but still going to be tough if we play like we have against Bolton & Spurs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

bullpost wrote: »

What would make this even better is Wolves gave Utd a gimmie earlier in the season and all the Man U fans would going mad if this happened to them now !

And by no means will the Wigan game be a walkover , hopefully there safe now after the weekends results but they have well beaten us already this season.

Stoke are no pushovers either.

What really worries me is the Liverpool game,
    also Spurs aren't great away from home - so hoping united lose
    points to Spurs at OT is a pipe dream to be honest.

I fear (I hope to god i'm wrong) that united will win the next 3 games,
    we might win 2 draw 1 ....

hopefully not though. Spurs better put on a perf next week.

Adrian Mutu failed a drugs test and is banned for 9 months. Jesus Christ :/

Anyone else hear about this so called Terry story that is going to be released before the WC? I heard it on the chelsea site, more indiscretions apparantally, hope its just a rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

smuckers wrote: »
    Anyone else hear about this so called Terry story that is going to be released before the WC? I heard it on the chelsea site, more indiscretions apparantally, hope its just a rumour.

Havent heard anything about this but I was listening to graham Hunter on 'off the ball' and he said that Ashley Cole will demand a transfer to real Madrid after the WC as he does not want to play with JT. Apparantly, he's trying to save his marriage and doesnt want to be assosicated with him.
    Unfortunately, Graham Hunter is normally right.

I think at this stage, i'd rather sell JT than AC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Havent heard anything about this but I was listening to graham Hunter on 'off the ball' and he said that Ashley Cole will demand a transfer to real Madrid after the WC as he does not want to play with JT. Apparantly, he's trying to save his marriage and doesnt want to be assosicated with him.

He'd be an amazing addition to Madrid's team as well, they're weak down the left.

I am trying to find out now what the story is all about ,

But just found this on the other hand ,

I have a disliking for the French football team but this could be them fecked without a ball even kicked !

I wonder will the Moral high horses on this site be all over this story with the same vigor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7606656/French-international-footballers-Franck-Ribery-and-Sidney-Govou-in-prostitute-scandal.html

I dont see why Ashley would throw in a transfer request becasue of JT's supposed/alleged dealings. :confused:

Doesnt make sense but if we had the option of loosing one of them it would be a tough call but id ship Ashley, we would get more money for him or if we so wanted we could take a swap for a Madrid player, Van der Vaart maybe?

Hope none of this is true though, id like to see Ashley and JT next year as defending EPL champions.

Jesus we don't want this Terry crap popping up now - not after the last time it screwed our form up ...

JT's suspended for the Stoke game, but I remember hearing during the game the other day that at this point in the season it takes 15 yellows to get a 3 match suspension? Any truth in this? I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yup, no way any players can get suspended now other then getting sent off, last Sat was the amnesty. So as far as I'm aware players get a clean slate.

• Advertisement

I hope Ashley doesn't leave... Jesus, that'd be fúcking disaster. Best left back going... fúck... Don't want that!

Liverpool well beat West Ham - plus if Spurs lose to united this weekend will give them incentive to beat us to get 4th - :o

Meh highly unlikely ,

It would take Spurs , Man City and Villa to collapse to Let liverpool in the door,

Spurs only need 6 points from 12 (They have a better GD than liverpool, plus I dont see liverpool getting a hat full of goals without Nando, especially since one of them games are against us )

Spurs needing 6 points from 12 meaning that liverpool will get 9 from 9 , which wont happen what so ever !!!

Were going to Anfield and coming home with goods and with the backing of the Liverpool faithful :D:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Sky Sports News Reports

This is great news he would like to come here. He would be a huge addition :):)

.Aguero in English admission
    Argentine star keen on Chelsea switch
    Last updated: 20th April 2010

Aguero: Chelsea interest

London would be a really amazing city to live in as well, myself and my wife could be really happy there.Quotes of the week

Fantasy Football
    ..Atletico Madrid star Sergio Aguero has, for the first time, conceded that he would relish the chance of joining Chelsea.

The Argentine forward is very loyal to Atletico, who paid more than €20million (£17.5m) for him when he was just 18 years old.

But now Aguero is ready to quit Madrid, with Chelsea seemingly at the top of his list of potential destinations.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich is ready to open the purse strings to boss Carlo Ancelotti this summer and a substantial part of their war chest could be spent on Aguero.

"Chelsea are a great club. They have become one of the most feared in Europe over recent years," he told the Daily Express.

"I look at players like Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard and they have been, and still are, the best players in their positions in the world.

"I could really learn from players like that, there is no doubt."

London calling
    Aguero, who will be at the World Cup finals this summer and is Diego Maradona's son-in-law, insists he would have no qualms about living in England.

"London would be a really amazing city to live in as well, myself and my wife could be really happy there," he said.

"Carlos Tevez is doing really well at Manchester City but, for me, it is about joining a club who are ready to challenge for honours. City are not ready yet."

Inter Milan are also thought to be very keen on the 21-year-old, but Aguero says England is the place to be.

"Inter are a great club, but it is agreed that, over the last five years, the Premier League has been the strongest," he concluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Aguero is quality, how much will he cost though? Is a midfielder not higher priority?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement