Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not getting me hopes up......thought it was gonna happen last year, but he would be a great addition to any squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ush1 wrote: »
    Aguero is quality, how much will he cost though? Is a midfielder not higher priority?

Depends on when, and if we make a move, his value could sky rocket after the World Cup, if we do make a move I fully expect him to break the our transfer record, possibly costing 35-40 million and possibly 45 at most.

It is an awful lot of money but there is not many players in the world that can do what aguerro can, hes exceptional and if we can persuade him to join us id pay anything to get him at his age.

I think we could afford him and a midfielder or two should Roman decide to allow Carlo to splash the cash, but we need someone like Aguerro who can change a game, who has that X factor that makes him stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

IMO I think we should buy a striker like Argureo , Young Striker Bustings with talent. In regards to Midfield, There was talk of Real Madraids Van Der Vart ( I think its him) coming to Chelsea!!With Drogba 32 & Anleka 31 we need a younger striker.

Anyone Know Much about Fabio Bori ??

Also Conor Clifford?? What do ye reckon his chances of getting into the first team are?? Should he be going on Loan soon??

IMO I think we should buy a striker like Argureo , Young Striker Bustings with talent. In regards to Midfield, There was talk of Real Madraids Van Der Vart ( I think its him) coming to Chelsea!!With Drogba 32 & Anleka 31 we need a younger striker.

Also Conor Clifford?? What do ye reckon his chances of getting into the first team are?? Should he be going on Loan soon??

My thoughts exactly with regards to Anelka and Drogba, we need quality back up.

I think Borini has a better chance of making it for us then Di Santo has and not forgetting Kakuta, who isnt an out and out striker but can easily play off a striker.

I think Clifford is still to young for the 1st team but maybe a good loan spell with a decent championship side would give him a great boost to his career, I think he will make it and make it into the 1st team in the next 2 years.

We alos got to remember Matic and Bruma, to very promising youngsters that were involved with the 1st team this year on a few occasions.

I hope they can make the step up and help us in the future, but I thought at one stage Ben Sahar was going to be a Chelsea regular.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Clifford is being touted as the the long term replacement for Frank Lampard ,

I hope we keep him at the club and let the lad learn his trade from the best in the business.

I would love to see him given a run in the carling cup and the FA cup this time around.

I feel he would learn a hell of a lot more at the top table , this mite even be the season for frank to take the lad under is wing and really start showing him the ropes.

IMO steer clear of VDV, happy to sit on the bench in real this season rather than take a move where he would of got first team football.

We have heaps of good youths in our squad and its about time we started to see more of them, I would also love to see Kakuta play more of a role next season to see if the lad can live up to the hype.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Stoch scored for Twente today. :) If they win there last game they are champions. Can't wait for Stoch to come back he's been in some form.

Also dont forget about this lad , Im really looking forward to seeing what he can provide us next season !

Not getting me hopes up......thought it was gonna happen last year, but he would be a great addition to any squad.

It was supposedly a done deal last year (Although they didnt let PK go and get shirts printed up)

And then AM upped the price from 10-15 mil depending on which reports you were to believe at the time .

It Will Be Unbelievable to Have Essien Back for the Last 3 Games, I just hope he can settle himself for the Liverpool Match!! We Will Have a Full Strength Team Against Liverpool then:) :) Obviously Bosingwa is gone but Ivan is doing a great job. Hope we can keep him this summer. Seems a waste having him at second choice right back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm also not getting my hopes up on Aguero yet, but I'd love it if he signed for us.

Clifford expects to go on loan next season, I'd say there will be plenty of Championship offers to take him on loan.

Im hearing over on Chelsea chat the Essien wont be in the squad for the Stoke game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Saw that too apparantally CFC TV confirmed he wasn't going to be, would have liked to have seen him on bench in order for him to be fit for pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I heard that he may not be fit again this season.

Liverpool is down to 62 points tomorrow pete if you have that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

BBC Sport has him as out for the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Special One strikes again!!! Fúcking delighted for him!!!

Liverpool is down to 62 points tomorrow pete if you have that!

57 mate sick as a dog !!! Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah, makes me feel better that we were at least beaten by a side that showed true class today. Hopefully this will quiten the Barca brigade..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Inter deserved to beat us, Barca didn't last season.Nice to see Barca not getting penalties.
    I was backing Mourinho's men the whole time.

We will win the double this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Giles smith blog ..

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Giles_Smith/0,,10268~2029071,00.html

maybe it's been posted already, sorry if so ..

• Advertisement

Haha, Giles Smith... What a legend!!!

But yes, was quite nauseating alright!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im after reading an advert for the chelsea vs stoke game, its going to be in 3D, got me looking forward to saturday, a good game now is whats needed, anelka hat trick i say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Im prayin for a simple straight forward win. My heart.. it just wont be able to take another defeat/draw.

Game is Sunday @ 4pm... Going over to it, once the fúcking volcanoes stay quiet until then. And once the flights are still going!!!

Should be a win. Beaten Stoke twice already this season; 2-1 away in the League, and 2-0 at home in the Cup. With any luck, it can go 2-0 again this time...

Mikel has suffered ligament damage in his ankle.

Scans on Tuesday revealed that John Mikel Obi has suffered ankle ligament damage and as a result the midfielder is a doubt for Sunday's game against Stoke City.

The Nigerian international, who turns 23 on Thursday, was withdrawn from the defeat at Tottenham on Saturday just after the half-hour mark. That was his 35th Chelsea appearance of the season.

Who the hell can we put at defensive mid now???

I'm gonna presume that Essien is gone (obviously) and Belletti is injured.... I wonder if we stuck Deco in there... Would it be any good? Or Ballack even... I dunno... Not good...

• Advertisement

I'd say Deco will play there. Thinking of heading over on Sunday if I can get a ticket actually. The fast ferry and train would see me in London in plenty of time, Hmm tempting.

I'd say Deco will play there. Thinking of heading over on Sunday if I can get a ticket actually. The fast ferry and train would see me in London in plenty of time, Hmm tempting.

I tend to get seasick, and long-haul journeys on trains also tend to leave me very under the weather, so unless I can fly over, it's not looking good...:(

I'm sure you could pick up a ticket relatively easily, from the supporter's club here or another source.

The lose of Mikel leaves us with no real anchor in midfield, I dont think Carlo can trust Ballack to the job and it seems between him and Deco, Carlo will opt for Deco.

Deco, like Pirlo at A.C. Milan would be a different type of DM, a player who can spring someone and pull strings, he would be a greater attacking threat then Mikel but has defensive ability and ball winning ability would be nothing compared to Mikel/Essien.

Hope this wont effect us against Stoke and we can grab 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Matic should be given a chance, he could no worse than Ballack.

smuckers wrote: »
    Matic should be given a chance, he could no worse than Ballack.

Defo agree with this. Carlo is not a manager who appears to trust the young guns much, preferring to use experience.

But Chelsea have such a promising crop of youngsters in their ranks (Sturridge, Matic, Borini, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Kakuta, Clifford, et al) it would almost be a crime not to allow some of them first team time. Granted, CA has given time to some of them, but when some of them show such promise, they should be given more time. Maybe not now, at the most crucial time of the season, but definitely in other, "lesser" matches.

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Defo agree with this. Carlo is not a manager who appears to trust the young guns much, preferring to use experience.

But Chelsea have such a promising crop of youngsters in their ranks (Sturridge, Matic, Borini, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Kakuta, Clifford, et al) it would almost be a crime not to allow some of them first team time. Granted, CA has given time to some of them, but when some of them show such promise, they should be given more time. Maybe not now, at the most crucial time of the season, but definitely in other, "lesser" matches.

I agree, they should be given a chance and I dont think we need to spend much in the summer to bolster the squad with all the young talent coming through the ranks.

I think Carlo wanted to settle the ship this year, as in finish as high as he could and win as much as he could with the current squad before he had a chance to mould Chelsea into "his team".

I think next year we will see a different Chelsea, with a few players going and only 1 or 2 coming in. At this stage of the season I would prefer 9 points with the tried and tested players then throwing in a few rookies, yes it is how young guys get better, playing under pressure but its WAY to close to call by risking a young player, with the exception of maybe Sturridge.

Pre-season and next season the Chelsea squad will feature more youth and I think that is perfectly acceptable TBH. As this is the time to try them out, iirc Sturridge had a great pre-season last year, maybe Kakuta, Matic, Borini can improve and push to be included in the first team with some solid, good pre-season displays.

Matic has looked really good in the reserves. Surprised he hasn't been given much of a chance yet but I suppose no point throwing him in at the deep end in this crucial part of the season. He really needs to be given some game time next season though imo even if its only Carling Cup to start with.

Also who would we like to come to the Bridge in the summer?

I'd love Aguero and that seems a real possibilty, not sure who else though.

Aguero would be my pick. Would also love to see a right-sided midfielder making a debut at the Bridge soon; we have two left sided wingers/wing-backs (Malouda and Zhirkov), and if we could have someone who is more right sided I reckon we'd be devastating...

What are the chances of getting Arjen Robben back????;):D

I would love to See Aguero At The Bridge this Summer:) he is Some Talent & Has A Finish to Rival Torres.

I think he will be liked by other fans aswell, For example, I really like Torres Even though I hate Liverpool.

He Def Would Add more "WOW" factor to Chelsea. Especially with Anleka & Drogba Getting Old.

Also Would love to see more of Kakuta:) he looked brill against Wolves!!

Hopefully we can keep Joe Cole & If we can keep Essien Fit, Next season could be the Treble:p:p

I would love to See Aguero At The Bridge this Summer:) he is Some Talent & Has A Finish to Rival Torres.

I think he will be liked by other fans aswell, For example, I really like Torres Even though I hate Liverpool.

He Def Would Add more "WOW" factor to Chelsea. Especially with Anleka & Drogba Getting Old.

Also Would love to see more of Kakuta:) he looked brill against Wolves!!

Hopefully we can keep Joe Cole & If we can keep Essien Fit, Next season could be the Treble:p:p

Joe Cole is overrated IMO. He is making far too many blunders (I know he's only back from injury, but even CA doesn't seem to have a lot of faith in him).

Essien is essential... (nice alliteration there!!!) He is the cog, the engine, the drive of the team. Keep him fit... Bada bing, bada boom... We're away in a hack. Imagine if he'd been fit all season. We'd be at least 6 points clear at the top and possibly still in the Champions League.

More of Kakuta, Borini and Matic, please.

'Kun' Aguero would be just.... wow.... The heir apparent to Diego Maradona (and his son-in-law)... Be deadly!!!

If Joe could get back to his form of a few years ago I'd be delighted but it would seem injuries have taken there toll on him, I'd still hate too see him leave for any other club though.

+ 1,000,000 on Aguero, would love to see him in a Chelsea jersey next season.

Balotelli from Inter, would be a brillant player as well, chances of getting him are'nt great though but I think he has the ability to be a world beater, hes played really well when he has got the chance this season with Inter.

S.Ireland I think would be a perfect midfielder for us, can play wide right or through the middle, he would suit the diamond or 4-3-3 and his quality is undoubtable and hes only 23. He maybe surplus to requirments next season should City get 4th and Mancini can splash the cash. I would happily take him.

Those are just two I would like to see, Balotelli's commitment and ethic can be questioned but Ireland has being a shining light of professionalism at City and a fine player.

gavredking wrote: »
    + 1,000,000 on Aguero, would love to see him in a Chelsea jersey next season.

Balotelli from Inter, would be a brillant player as well, chances of getting him are'nt great though but I think he has the ability to be a world beater, hes played really well when he has got the chance this season with Inter.

S.Ireland I think would be a perfect midfielder for us, can play wide right or through the middle, he would suit the diamond or 4-3-3 and his quality is undoubtable and hes only 23. He maybe surplus to requirments next season should City get 4th and Mancini can splash the cash. I would happily take him.

Those are just two I would like to see, Balotelli's commitment and ethic can be questioned but Ireland has being a shining light of professionalism at City and a fine player.

Gotta agree with the two above players... They'd be excellent additions to the Chelsea line-up, even if I'm not too enamoured with either of them due to their antics.

Once they kept their minds on what was going on 'on-pitch' and neglected the bullsh*t off the pitch, they could be superstars at the Bridge.

Gotta agree with the two above players... They'd be excellent additions to the Chelsea line-up, even if I'm not too enamoured with either of them due to their antics.

Once they kept their minds on what was going on 'on-pitch' and neglected the bullsh*t off the pitch, they could be superstars at the Bridge.

Would not want Stephen Ireland , although he is great ball player and commits an awful lot to his club , I think this lad is just a story waiting to happen and thats something we certainly dont require.

Plus I would rather chew on my own vomit than cheer on this tosser !

• Advertisement

I'd love Balotelli, he is a real talent but he is a nut case.

Two very good but very crazy players, Ballotelli and Ireland. Could be scandal waiting to happen.

Plus, as Pete has mentioned, Ireland is a spoiled fúcking brat, and I'd have difficulty cheering him on myself...

I'm not sure about Balotelli, a bit of a nut case to say the least. Definitely has the talent, but hugely questionable attitude and work ethic. Saying that, right wing is certainly an area that needs strengthening and has been for the past few seasons.

I don't know if Joe should stay, been great in the past, flashes of magic now few and far between. Would love to have Robben still at the club. I know he was always injured, but he is class.

A centre mid for me is necessary. Ballack and Deco out (hopefully) with Matic getting some time. Still means we need 1 central midfielder. Hamsik would be nice but will stay with Napoli I'd say. Dzagoev from CSKA would be promising.

Aguero hopefuly, hopefully, hopefully.........

Two very good but very crazy players, Ballotelli and Ireland. Could be scandal waiting to happen.

Plus, as Pete has mentioned, Ireland is a spoiled fúcking brat, and I'd have difficulty cheering him on myself...

+1

Two potential liabilities, but there actions so far in there careers have being no worse then some of our current players.

For the talen that the both posses I would take a gamble on them, both are young, Ireland 23, Balotelli only 19.

Im from Cork and I dont particually like Ireland but it wouldnt stop me cheering him if he decided to come to the Bridge.

Hes like Bellamy, some of the fans love him but most hate him, well for Ireland the hatred comes from the Irish supporters and him walking away from the International scene.

If he was banging in the goals, playing well from midfield and so on, Chels fans would love Ireland, but if he started getting all stroppy and so on, he'd be soon given the booing of a lifetime. But he would probably play very well, tbh. As much as it would sicken me to cheer him...

Cech, Turnbull, Delac,

Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Bosingwa, Cole, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Mancienne

Essien, Mikel Lampard, Matic, Malouda, Zhirkov, Stoch, Kakuta,

Sturridge, Drogba, Anelka, Borini, Di Santo

Thats Hilario, Carvalho, Ferriera, Ballack, Deco, Cole, Kalou, - the most likely candidates to leave in my opinion.

2 new midfielders?
    1 or two strikers?

Cech, Turnbull, Delac,

Sturridge, Drogba, Anelka

Thats Hilario, Carvalho, Ferriera, Ballack, Deco, Cole, Kalou - the most likely candidates to leave in my opinion.

2 new midfielders?
    1 or two strikers?

Carvalho and Ballack both posed in the new strip, meaning they're less likely to leave... plus I think they both have new contracts, AFAIK.

If he was banging in the goals, playing well from midfield and so on, Chels fans would love Ireland, but if he started getting all stroppy and so on, he'd be soon given the booing of a lifetime. But he would probably play very well, tbh. As much as it would sicken me to cheer him...

I dont think he would get stroppy though, hes had very limited opportunity this year through injury and the size of the current squad and he ahsnt come out asking for a move or demanding to play, id love for him to make the switch, he can take our vacant number 7 jersey ;)

Carvalho and Ballack both posed in the new strip, meaning they're less likely to leave... plus I think they both have new contracts, AFAIK.

I have no problem with Carvalho staying although I'd say Alex will play more often next season. Ballack......... well ye know my views on him at this stage

• Advertisement

Cech, Turnbull, Delac,

Sturridge, Drogba, Anelka

Thats Hilario, Carvalho, Ferriera, Ballack, Deco, Cole, Kalou - the most likely candidates to leave in my opinion.

2 new midfielders?
    1 or two strikers?

Edit : Add - Borini , Di Santo added to the forwards, but I suspect Di Santo will be moved along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement