Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo engine problem

Options
  • 01-06-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Mondeo '03 1.8 Zetec - engine indicator light does not go out, & sometimes flashes depending on load. Tick over is lumpy & virtually no acceleration, feels like it's missing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Corroded coil pack or plug leads ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

As above, it coil be a coil/lead/plug problem or else the egr valve (its underneath the air filter housing). They get clogged up and tend to stick open allowing exhaust gases into then inlet manifold when they shouldnt be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

If by engine indicator light you mean the charging warning light then I would suspect that the alternator connections are loose or corroded or the alternator is defective. Insufficient or erratic power from the alternator would certainly make the engine run roughly since power flickers would cause missing on individual cylinders and it would most certainly limit the engine power available. I'd check the wiring from the alternator, and the engine earthing strap and connections. Also, if you have a multimeter or can access one, check the charging voltage at the battery terminals with the engine running on idle -- should be 13 volts plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

Mondeo '03 1.8 Zetec - engine indicator light does not go out, & sometimes flashes depending on load. Tick over is lumpy & virtually no acceleration, feels like it's missing.

I had a similar problem about five weeks ago. I have a '01 mondeo 1.8l zetec. The engine light stayed on and i had no acceleration and rough idle. It turned out to be the EGR valve. Now i'll admit i've no idea what that is :o, but after getting it replaced by a Ford dealer, the car runs perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 joe flynn

hi dr i no wat your problem is i hav had a few of these problems
    de way to sort them out is to get yourself down to the
    nearest toyota dealer and trade the FORD yoke (scrap) in and let them deal wit it and you can sit back and relax in a toyota either that pull the ford badges off and replace it wit a TOYOTA one thank you joe:):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

joe flynn wrote: »
    nearest toyota dealer and trade the FORD yoke (scrap) in and let them deal wit it and you can sit back and relax in a toyota either that pull the ford badges off and replace it wit a TOYOTA one thank you joe:):D

With what exactly, an Avensis? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I wish we had a jackass button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

Hmm was not aware 4 year old's could spell as well as you Mr Flynn:D, but judging by your previous posts - a troll me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

ian25 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem about five weeks ago. I have a '01 mondeo 1.8l zetec. The engine light stayed on and i had no acceleration and rough idle. It turned out to be the EGR valve. Now i'll admit i've no idea what that is :o, but after getting it replaced by a Ford dealer, the car runs perfectly.

Exaust Gas Recirculation valve. Basically it takes some of the dodgy noxious gases heading out via exhaust and re circulates it again through combustion, therefore reducing emmisions. They need cleaning on the diesels. Not a difficult job. If its not working properly or clogged then you have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

EGR valve gives problems even on toyotas i believe..

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84307

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

tred wrote: »
    Exaust Gas Recirculation valve. Basically it takes some of the dodgy noxious gases heading out via exhaust and re circulates it again through combustion, therefore reducing emmisions. They need cleaning on the diesels. Not a difficult job. If its not working properly or clogged then you have problems.

Are these EGR valves on petrol engines as well ?

victor1 wrote: »
    Hmm was not aware 4 year old's could spell as well as you Mr Flynn:D, but judging by your previous posts - a troll me thinks!
    will u relax wat are you a teacher or somthin mad for thr rimmin eh stress head ya turnip ya :D

tred wrote: »
    EGR valve gives problems even on toyotas i believe..

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84307
    so wat:p

Onkle wrote: »
    I wish we had a jackass button
    why are you suffering from it:D

Hal1 wrote: »
    With what exactly, an Avensis? :rolleyes:
    yea a bit of quality:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You dug up an ancient thread to dispenses this kernel of "wisdom"?

I see you got banned from other fora already, any more of this kind of trolling crap and you'll be banned from here as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement