Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I've lost my car key.... AAAHHH!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 01-06-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I am practically under house arrest because my car key has gone AWOL and I've no spare!!! I drove home Friday evening, got changed and then got a taxi to a party, I didn't come home til 3pm Saturday. I didn't notice my keys missing until today- can't find them anywhere! The people living at the house the party was at have looked everywhere and can't find them- I have looked all over my own house- my bag/under my bed/jacket pocket- can anyone els suggest anywhere??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Fridge? or bathroom.. start searching rooms 1 by 1.. gl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

the fridge?!?!?!?! i wouldnt put them in there but i might have without realising...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try here first.

If it's lost then either call a main dealer or call Steve Guard. He'll cut a key from your chassis number.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Still in the car?

Sit down comfortably, close your eyes and relive Friday evening. Getting into the car after work; the drive home; parking the car; getting out of the car; entering your house; what you did next etc. etc.

Did anything interrupt your normal routine that would have caused you to put your keys down for any reason? Did you open the boot? You may have left the keys out of your hand there.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Have you searched all your bins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

In a pocket in the washing machine or washing basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Better send a fiver St Anthony's way...;) that's what I was always told to do anyway - he got plenty of iou's in our house.

Keys will turn up - My Dad went swimming in sea point with his (and phone) last year; I laughed when he told me he was going to go back and low tide - guess what; found keys and phone in sand at low tide next morning. Key just about worked and phone worked after few hours in hot press.

Anyway - best of luck! Keep searching:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Stuck down the back of the couch? Or taken by accident by someone at the party with the same marque of car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

FOUND THEM!!!! *sigh of relief*

I was too hungover to drive yesterday so the boyfriend gave me a lift. I opened my car to get my sunglasses then got into his and left my keys on the dash!!!

God, not being able to use your car is awful!!!!!

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

All's well that ends well................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I was right then!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement