Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs to Canon 750i dv camcorder.

Options
  • 01-06-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

It seems the ccd is gone as there is no picture in camera mode, just the same as if the lens cover was still on: it records sound but no pic, all the rest works fine, playback etc.

Any thoughts on where/how much to repair or is it worth repairing.
    Thanks

[ if in wrong section pls move]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Eskimo K

Try www.cameras4sports.co.uk . I just bought reconditioned Cannon cam corders from them (like new) so they should be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Thanks for link.
    I have discovered that in fact the CCD issue is a known fault with this camera so Canon will repair it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Hi ircoha,
    Good to hear you got it sorted. Just found that I have the same CCD issue witm my MV700i - records sound but no picture. Can you tell me how you went about getting Canon to repair it? Do you have a number I can ring or address? Any help is much appreciated!

All I can find on this is from canon asia...
    http://www.canon-asia.com/index.jsp?fuseaction=image-phenomena_notice

Thanks

Advertisement