Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethics

• 01-06-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I'm a CIMA qualified accountant who up to now has always worked for big companies/public sector I am two months into a job in the service industry working as a Financial Controller. A firm of external accountants currently does the year end audit.

I'm uncomfortable with the type of expenses the owner is getting reimbursed for as business expenses (most are very obviously personal and not business expenses). The owner's children are drawing a PAYE salary from the business all year around yet only work during the summer holidays. There are other things too but these are the two ongoing things I'm aware off.

I have an idea of how I'm going to approach this but am just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and could give me an idea of what you did/would do in this circumstance. Thanks .

Comments

Advertisement