Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if I get lower points?

Options
  • 01-06-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this?
    I'm currently repeating my leaving cert, and was wondering what happens if I get lower points this year than I did last year? Does CAO automatically use the Leaving Cert in which one gets their highest points in?
    My friends seem to have mixed opinions... help anyone?! thanx :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

They'll use the higher of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Have faith mate, it wont happen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

They take your highest sitting of the leaving cert. If you do the LC 3 times and the second was your best, they'll take your second, if the first was the best, they take the first, and so on.

However, if you get the points for your course but fail a required subject (EG, you get the points for engineering but fail maths) you can repeat just the subject you failed, and pass it, using your points score from the previous year - and I think that applies even if the points go up higher than what you got...?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

They take your highest sitting of the leaving cert. If you do the LC 3 times and the second was your best, they'll take your second, if the first was the best, they take the first, and so on.

However, if you get the points for your course but fail a required subject (EG, you get the points for engineering but fail maths) you can repeat just the subject you failed, and pass it, using your points score from the previous year - and I think that applies even if the points go up higher than what you got...?

I had a similar question about this. So if, for example, I get the points needed for Electrical Engineering but don't get a C3 in Maths. Does that mean I can just repeat maths or do I have to do it all again??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I had a similar question about this. So if, for example, I get the points needed for Electrical Engineering but don't get a C3 in Maths. Does that mean I can just repeat maths or do I have to do it all again??? :confused:

You can just repeat maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Thanks a lot. Well at least thats all cleared up. I really wouldn't mind repeating but wouldn't fancy doing all the subjects again. Thanks again. :)

OMG.. I'm having nightmares about that..

I woke up in like tears.. a few nights ago cuz in my dream I only got like 300 points... what a nightmare! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

but yeh, so CAO accept the LC in which ya get your highest points? Thats a definite??

Advertisement