Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England V Trinidad and Tobago

• 01-06-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭

Just kicked off live on BBC1.

England: James, Johnson, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Bridge, Beckham, Barry, Gerrard, Downing, Ashton, Defoe. Subs: Hart, Lewis, Warnock, Wheater, Jagielka, Bentley, Young, Huddlestone, Crouch, Walcott, Agbonlahor.

Hope Walcott gets a run.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Where the match is playing?
    Damn i remember Trinidad games on WC in Germany,they were so unpleasant team to play against,so fast running players and so dangerous when they get the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Where the match is playing?

Trinidad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Does this really deserve a thread?? Beckham is captain for God's sake. He clapped his hands at kick off to pretend he gives a fvck.
    He's probably looking forward to a meal with Tom Cruise during the week.

Is beckham one of the most ridiculous 'footballers' in recent history????

1-0 England Barry

monkey9 wrote: »
    Does this really deserve a thread?? Beckham is captain for God's sake. He clapped his hands at kick off to pretend he gives a fvck.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Defoe should have put away Beckhams cross early on too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

OPENROAD wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Says the guy whose probably never commented on anything to do with the Irish team....

It had to be said.;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

just turned it on 2-0... who got the second anyone?

good on ya Barry getting the first keep adding to that price tag lad.

Says the guy whose probably never commented on anything to do with the Irish team....

It had to be said.;)

Pointless Beckham bashing went out of fashion about 8 years ago.

Jesus we're getting free football at half 10 on a Sunday night and some people just want to moan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

wow......

I'd kill for half of his success as a footballer....but nevermind eh.

• Advertisement

I'm liking watching the match. But OPENROAD said on this forum he doesn't care for Int. football and in particular Euro 2008 but then he makes a thread about an England friendly. Its just a bit of banter really.

Oh OPENROAD, Walcott will be out for the season, he slipped on a bar of soap in the bathroom this morning.

Dammit i wanted to write that Trinidad is acctually good and they already got 2 goals,sheesh,better be quiet delija:D

This match is completely pointless for England. Wouldn't they be better off playing a team like Bulgaria away or something?

Not that I care, but going around the world to play a sub par team seems not to make much sense.

Eirebear wrote: »
    wow......

I'd kill for half of his success as a footballer....but nevermind eh.

Ah c'mon, compare his footballing success to the hype he gets compared to other players. But yes, i accept the Beckham bashing is old hat and i hold my hand up to it. I just can't help it. But this match is only taking place to win over Jack Warner so England can get the World Cup.....and yet, the previous mail is in my head about free football on a Sunday night. You're right, fvck it.

I'm liking watching the match. But OPENROAD said on this forum he doesn't care for Int. football and in particular Euro 2008 but then he makes a thread about an England friendly. Its just a bit of banter really.

Oh OPENROAD, Walcott will be out for the season, he slipped on a bar of soap in the bathroom this morning.

And I don't, I still watch it and as I said as soon on the other thread as soon as Euro 08 starts I'll watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ah c'mon, compare his footballing success to the hype he gets compared to other players. But yes, i accept the Beckham bashing is old hat and i hold my hand up to it. I just can't help it. But this match is only taking place to win over Jack Warner so England can get the World Cup.....and yet, the previous mail is in my head about free football on a Sunday night. You're right, fvck it.

lol....football's a bitch eh?

As for Beckham, yes he is massively overhyped by many.
    But he also gets the flip side of the coin and takes the flak for everything that doesnt go England's way...so i suppose it evens itself out to an extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not watching the game but that midfield looks very nicely balanced on paper with the 2 left-footers. It's working out well then, i guess?

Its really a nothing match. The passing from England is not that good, and T&T have come into the game.

Maybe they let England lead before they officially start playing and destroying them:D

I think you might be on to something..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

England should play in red all the time. They just look more imposing in that colour. They even won the world cup once playing in that colour. Can't remember what year it was tho.

1966.?

1966.?

I think you may have missed the Irish humour on that one

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

1966.?
    Nah, I think it was 1974

Pigman II wrote: »
    England should play in red all the time. They just look more imposing in that colour. They even won the world cup once playing in that colour. Can't remember what year it was tho.

Lol....you can tell someone in here doesn't live within a stones throw of the empire.:D

am I the only one who is still not that convince by Dean Ashton? he was supposed to be Englands next Shearer, atleast next CF/no.9 of that traditional mould and did look very promising. But two years have passed since he moved to West Ham and although he missed many games due to injury I really dont see what he has done since arriving at Upton Park to merrit him always being linked to bigger clubs etc. If we were to go by stats he's got 13 goals in 42 games at West Ham, which isnt bad at all but isnt stellar either. now im not saying I wouldent like Deano at Villa park but I just dont see what e has done in his time in the Premier league with West Ham to justify th fact that he is always linked to other clubs.

aww that was a nice lil rant.... also Lampard should only ever be a sub for England IMO

Sweet Jesus, Hansen and Dixon are wearing the exact same shirts

Sweet Jesus, Hansen and Dixon are wearing the exact same shirts

Shearer?

Shearer's is shinier anyway, what with him stil lbeing young and hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'm sure Capello is a good coach and tactician, but his decision to continually ignore Ashley Young while favouring the likes of Bentley, Downing, Lennon and Beckham is a bit of a joke. Hes alot better than all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dixons at home wearing the same colour pyjamas.

I think you may have missed the Irish humour on that one

Sorry,wasnt paying too much attention i was answering fast:D

Stekelly wrote: »
    Shearer?

Shearer's is shinier anyway, what with him stil lbeing young and hip.
    You are of course, correct! They're boring analysis blends into one another

Still same shirt mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

also Lampard should only ever be a sub for England IMO

qft. they haven't got the players to play the system he thrives in.

qft. they haven't got the players to play the system he thrives in.

Never stopped Sven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Boro had a lot of goals in goal of the season there.

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    I'm sure Capello is a good coach and tactician, but his decision to continually ignore Ashley Young while favouring the likes of Bentley, Downing, Lennon and Beckham is a bit of a joke. Hes alot better than all of them.

+1

obviously this is two Villa fans saying this but I couldent agree with you more DSB, Young was in 90% of the Premiership teams of the year but cant get near Capello England I mean WTF?!? he is twice the player Downing or Lennon is, and id prefer him to Becks at villa despite his slightly worse marketing potential

Sorry,wasnt paying too much attention i was answering fast:D

It's quite ok, you haven't had to live next to them

It's quite ok, you haven't had to live next to them

Next to?

Next to?

Engerland.

I agree with that. Ashley Young is the only highly rated out of the wingers England rate that I rate.

• Advertisement

Boro had a lot of goals in goal of the season there.

Tends to happen when you cant get inside the opposition box all season and have to resort to long range shooting. :D

Jones done his knee ligaments. Not good.

Hope he does bring Warnock on.I'd like to see him get a few caps. Always liked him. Tough tackling, no nonsense defender.

Ashley Young is pure quality!!

We want 4, we want 4. :)

Woooooooooooooo!!!!

3-0 defoes 2nd

and Yes Young is Quality, maybe MON asked capello not to play him so that one of the big four dont suddenly realise hes great and bid for him :)

He'd only get in Liverpools team.

His physical attributes and crossing are what is great about him, he doesn't seem tricky like our Aiden.

who's captain now Becks is gone? Ferdinand, Gerrard, Barry

wahey here comes Ashley!

Jesus christ Defoe that thing opposite your right leg is another leg you know.

Wouldnt mind if he hadnt already scored with his left tonight.

Young about to come on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement