Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England V Trinidad and Tobago

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

that woulda been a lovely goal had crouch finished it.

training match tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Jagielka on for Ferdinand? Thats just taking the piss. Token substitutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Sheesh is it so interesting that already thread have 4 pages?Just a friendly folks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

As has been said Sunday night football.

Well i was watching way more interesting games this weekend and noone said a word for them:) Just dont see big deal about this one but its ok:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Here comes Theo :D

Well i was watching way more interesting games this weekend and noone said a word for them:) Just dont see big deal about this one but its ok:D

dont think anyone is advocating that this game is all that interesting but a big proportion of the posts havent actually been about the game. but about Beckham, Barry, the unimportance of the game, which of your clubs players youd like to see on me=Young Openroad(i think)=Walcott

here comes Walcott.

plus there is always that weird obsession we have with our neighbours as we watch their league ans support their club rteams week in week out (well most of us)

Barry el capitano atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hart is looking a touch ropey. H could do with a big save to settle himself.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Hart is looking a touch ropey. H could do with a big save to settle himself.

first cap for his country at such a young age, hes bound to be really nervous... hope he doesent do a Carson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Walcott needs to shave.

Come on Theo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Feel sorry for the English kids who have school tomorrow. Probably aren't able to stay up this late to watch it. :pac:

go on Yorkie. T&T legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Feel sorry for the English kids who have school tomorrow. Probably aren't able to stay up this late to watch it. :pac:

Don't pity them. What about all the Rochdale/Stockport fans in Ireland who had to miss last Monday's play off final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zzzzzzzzz, why is this game being played? It certainly doesn't help England in any obvious way, is it linked to 100 years of T&T Association Footall?

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzzz, why is this game being played? It certainly doesn't help England in any obvious way, is it linked to 100 years of T&T Association Footall?

Mike

World Cup vote bid so from that point it makes sense.

mike65 wrote: »

Mike

Yes, it's a Centenury match while at the same time (as i said before) it's about appeasing Jack Warner

the only reason I knew T&T existed when i was younger was because of Yorke. doubt im alone either. wonder what he will be doing / who he will be playing for next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The commentary team were even being completely blase about the fact that it was a vote winning excersise.

Interesting considering all the Panaorama style documentarys that appeared after Germany won the right to host the last world cup accusing them and Warner of exactly the same thing!

And England ruined their celebration with 0-3,shame you England:D

• Advertisement

And England ruined their celebration with 0-3,shame you England:D

Welcome to Boards, my friend!!!!!

But in fairness, would we not love the World Cup in Ireland? Obviously, we're incapable of holding it, but if needed to lick arse, why not??

monkey9 wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards, my friend!!!!!

But in fairness, would we not love the World Cup in Ireland? Obviously, we're incapable of holding it, but if needed to lick arse, why not??

Scotland bid was ruined for the Euros when they went for a joint bid with Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Well we've really only got 1 stadium that can hold the games and it isn't for soccer!

hunter164 wrote: »
    Well we've really only got 1 stadium that can hold the games and it isn't for soccer!

:D They brought them to croke park and then had to tell them they could not use the stadium :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Scotland bid was ruined for the Euros when they went for a joint bid with Ireland.

Your right to an extent.

But the lack of organisational ability in the SFA and the Scottish gorvernment at the time was ludicrous.
    For some reason they seemed to lack the confidence to go ahead with it themselves.

The main problem being that 3 out of the 4 stadiums that were already up to scratch are in Glasgow.

Advertisement