Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain why my posting in surfing has disappeared??

Options
  • 01-06-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi,
    I put up a lucid, objective and well reasoned post in surfing. I praised those involved in the surfing forum, both admin and posters alike. I also raised some concerns I had in a very cautious, but what I assumed to be well-worded and acceptable fashion. I would at least expect a personal message explaining why this action was taken. But maybe that isn't the way it works, fair enough. So here I am, to ask why was it removed?

While I am here I wish to express my disapointment in the subjective and derogatory language used by both sides in this dispute, getting personal and calling people scumbags, or making sweeping generalisations is seldom a productive path to take. It takes the bigger person to stay above petty personal jibes.

I also was very surprised by the action of one boards moderator (i think) by providing a google link to the map of secret spots. An unusual act for someone who professes a lack of interest in surfing. :confused:
    Thanks,
    P
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

Ah well I see a thread below from someone who appears quite angry about the whole thing, some chap called vexorg. Mmmm....he's one of the admin....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think he is just some regular user. Throw a bit of abuse his direction and see what happens.

(In before lock?)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol ... sh1tstirrer! :D
    Pinker wrote: »
    Ah well I see a thread below from someone who appears quite angry about the whole thing, some chap called vexorg. Mmmm....he's one of the admin....
    Yes, a very long thread, which culminated in this post from DeVore, who is also an Admin, and one of the founders of this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I would suggest sending a private message to c-13, the moderator of the surfing forum. Threads in Feedback regarding surfing don't have a history of ending well for anyone involved, and the issue has already been settled in the other (massive) thread here in Feedback.

For the record, it was not a boards moderator who posted the link to the map.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't worry about that guy. He's just some jumped up luser, thinks he owns the place so he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Don't worry about that guy. He's just some jumped up luser, thinks he owns the place so he does.

/Covers ears and hides behind couch

/hears footsteps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

For the record neither users are mods, they undertook the project with the support of a lot of people... The admins didn't "support" it, they just stated that there was no grounds to remove it. The Admins and Beruthiel only stepped in because them pimped up surf-freaks began abusing a much respected mod on this forum who was not being a pr1ck, but rather carrying out the job given.

The people who done that were called scumbags, and rightly so... I'm surprised Beruthiel only went as far as calling them "surfing scum", because the fact of the matter is that they were much worse than that, and if I had the opportubity, I'd love to have a game with a few people to see how many surfboards I could fit up their holes....

By the way, this is gonna get locked, i'm probably going to get banned as well, but I stand by what I say here, and I try not to abuse people who are voluntarily carrying out their jobs...

and just to answer your main question: "Surfing Maps stay, no further discussion"...
    ...I would have thought that the answer would have been in the title, without even going looking through to many pages of posts of people who have now lost their respect for the surfing community.

Great job Mods & Admins...
    And that DeV pr1ck comes in here thinkin' he can talk the sh1t and lock the threads... really boils my blood, they should just leave that job to the administrators...! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

Ok thanks Cornbb, it appears you need to be a part of some clique to get a serious response from anyone else. I will send c-13 a pm, thanks again.

By the way the agro demonstrated above by Nevf is what I was referrring to, it makes you just as bad as them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ok thanks Cornbb, it appears you need to be a part of some clique to get a serious response from anyone else. I will send c-13 a pm, thanks again.

You answered your own question with your second post.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, several people including myself gave you a serious response ... that response was to draw your attention to the other thread (which you had already noticed) and advise you to read it fully, especially the last post from DeVore. You will notice that his last sentence is: "And that IS the end of the discussion." I think you'll find he means it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

By the way the agro demonstrated above by Nevf is what I was referrring to, it makes you just as bad as them.
    That wasn't agro. I think you'll find that was me being nice.

I am just as bad as them... The only difference been that I have moral standards.
    You will notice that his last sentence is: "And that IS the end of the discussion." I think you'll find he means it ...
    Yah, this thread will be gone by morning. Send C-13 a pm, and I can safely say it will be a straightforward response you'll receive...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dude, the reason people are ragging on you is not from some sort of "clique" things, its because as recently as YESTERDAY we had a 27 page long thread on this topic. If you had looked anywhere lower then the "post new thread" button you would have seen it so, perhaps they are jerking your chain and perhaps you should avoid chain jerkage in future by making sure we arent ALREADY DISCUSSING the issue.

Sorry, you are just getting the blowback from some recent antagonism between us and some specific surfers.

Finally, I know we've had a bad experience of a couple of surfers but we've also had at least as many experiences now of surfers who were somewhat more enlightened, so lets relax the "surfer scum" references. The threats came from cowards who should try that on with me and see where it gets them, the fact that they were surfers too is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Pinker,
    If you had read the up dated charter, you would see that no discussion on us posting up that map will be entertained in the surfing forum.

This matter has been discussed to death and that's the end of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement