Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 325 vs 330d

Options
  • 01-06-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Anyone give me a quick pros and cons on both.

I'm hoping to buy either one in Coupe form with the M sport pack.

Got a quote for the 325 of only 1200 Euros which wasn't bad. Quinn wouldn't quote me at all on the 330d which I found odd considering I got a quote on the 325.

What are both like on mileage. Considering the way the cost of Diesel is going, I'm currently swaying towards the 325. Is it heavy on petrol ? Whats the power like ?

Comments

What year are you looking at?

The 325, assuming you are taking about petrol, will return between 23 and 34 mpg. Depending how you drive it. Its a wonderful engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

325 petrol will realistically give you best case MPG in the low to mid 20's. 34 mpg is dreamland.

330d should give you mid to late 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

330d would FEEL quicker in everyday driving due to the extra torque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Hoping for something around a 2001 or 2002.

We talking fairly economical driving to get 25mpg out of the 325 ? I only do about 12,000 per year so at least it won't kill me in the pocket.

I'm guessing the main bonus you get from the 330 is the feeling of extra power without revving the **** out of the engine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A used 325i should cost alot less to buy than a 330d I would imagine due to the associated running costs. The savings will buy you alot of fuel. Downside is that a 325i could be pretty difficult to shift after your done with it.

However from 1st July you could go to the UK for a 330d and avail of the reduced VRT.

• Advertisement

Oilrig wrote: »
    325 petrol will realistically give you best case MPG in the low to mid 20's. 34 mpg is dreamland.

330d should give you mid to late 30's.

I have the same engine in my car and I can get 34 with some granny driving. Low 20s is the reward for a heavy foot. Granted the coupe is heavier but 30 plus should be attainable.

Advertisement