Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft worth buying ?

Options
  • 02-06-2008 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I noticed gamestop on Henry Street are selling starcraft for 14.99 I know people say it's good but it's very old at this stage has it held up well , is it worth picking it up ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is it with broodwars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

It's worth picking up but I'd be amazed if you can't find it cheaper than that at this stage, the game is pretty ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

MooseJam wrote: »
    I noticed gamestop on Henry Street are selling starcraft for 14.99 I know people say it's good but it's very old at this stage has it held up well , is it worth picking it up ?

look around you will get it for cheaper dont be fooled by the games age , it still looks good and is very enjoyable to play

starcraft ftw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Yes. on LAN it is fantastico

always wondered can a mac player play against a pc player in lan?

(cause if so I can get a 3 way lan going in my sitting room alone :D)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SC is still considered the pinacle of competitive RTS gaming. Its brilliant and if you dont have a copy, 15 yoyo's is a steal for it. Make sure its SC and not Broadwars, the expansion for it.

If you like real time strategy games, you cannot find better then SC for my money.

DeV.

as much as starcraft deserves every bit of respect it gets I must admit the one thing that always bugs me about its style of rts is bloody worker units, never understood why but they drove me up the wall in any rts that has them.

Only one that I dont mind them in is Company of Heroes because they double as infantry/flamethrower/repair etc.

but starcraft is not the worse for (gits teeth at the thought of warcraft 3/age of empires 3 peons.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

good stuff, will pick up a copy, haven't plyed rts in a while been doing a lot of fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

That has both the original and the expansion pack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah starcraft is a classic. Three perfectally balanced sides that all offer a different way of doing things. A community that is still not only strong & many, but also contains many (professional) leagues and tournaments. Brood war also takes the award for an expansion pack that doesn't horribly break the vanilla game, but instead nicely rounds it off. You can also pick it up on Steam now iirc, though dunno if you can outside of the US. 15 yoyos seems a lot - shop around!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

SC is simply the best RTS ever. Best balance, best gameplay simply superb :)
    You will want Broodwars with it though! A bunch of us still play it to this day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Buy it, buy it now.

Man i wish i still had my copy of starcraft.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It's supposed to be available on digital download from Blizzard's online store also.

When I tried it though, the bank/credit card company blocked it, without the usual anti-fraud phone call.

So I'm guessing that Blizzent's been blacklisted in some manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

ressem wrote: »
    It's supposed to be available on digital download from Blizzard's online store also.

When I tried it though, the bank/credit card company blocked it, without the usual anti-fraud phone call.

So I'm guessing that Blizzent's been blacklisted in some manner.

Blizzard have been blacklisted by a few places, due to the sheer amount of fraud using details phished from stupid WoW players.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

starcraft = the cs of the RTS world.

Advertisement