Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird food your dog eats

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Our springer eats bowl of cornflakes and warm milk in the morning.
    He also likes vegetable stew and soup and bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Acoshla wrote: »
    I knew no matter what food I named it'd be the wrong thing around here! One grape about once a year is harmless, it's not like I let her off with the whole bunch.
    Acoshla the whole thread has been very lighthearted so far. You're being too defensive tbh. Its a harmless and very easy mistake to make about "grapes", the same goes for "onions". Nobodys lectured you etc. Id rather know than not know to be honest.

The same goes for chocolate. Chocolate is bad for dogs in certain quantities I used to give my dog the odd bit of chocolate and knew too much was bad.Nothin wrong with giving your dog the odd grape or two..but is it not much better to know how many is too many?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

Too many people on here are much too up there own arse about feeding dogs, we all know whats poisonus in large quantities, but i have 4 kids and the dog gets 2 feeds a day (red mills), but he takes almost anything the kids drop and gobbles it down. No harm has come to him.

Balanced diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Mech1 wrote: »
    Too many people on here are much too up there own arse about feeding dogs,
    You just mentioned a "balanced diet". What is a balanced diet for dogs as you know it?Every dog and every breed is different. Off ya go...
    wrote:
    we all know whats poisonus in large quantities
    I dont and im still learning. Ive only learned recently that grapes were harmful in large quantities. If you find your dog in a heap after eating a load of grapes,puking,diarrhoea etc ! What do you say to your vet?

They're trying to diagnose your dog who has vomiting/diarrhoea of unknown origin? Grapes might seem harmless at the time but they have the same effect as "antifreeze" (ethylene glycol poisoning) in large enough quantities. See where im goin....

Its not about bein "up our own arse" in this forum at all....! Some people just dont like being told they're wrong or want to learn any different...end of. If your shackles are raised now, well great. Ive been there,done that so many times here, but re-read the posts, took a breath....and realised, wow...i dont know everything! It kills me sometimes aswell...

I still say "it's not a stupid question if you honestly dont know the answer"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Kash wrote: »
    I know about avoiding chocolate and onions and macademia nuts, but grapes was completely new to me.

I did not know about macadamia nuts, but just googled it there, scary stuff! I don't tend to eat them but its another one to go on the list for when I'm leaving Bob with his various babysitters!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I know - it's crazy when you think about it.

There are so many things that you should know before owning a dog that you only find out about a long time afterwards. One of my friends went to give my two a corn on the cob husk at a BBQ, and another friend freaked out that it could kill them! It turns out that corn husks can get stuck in the dogs digestive tract, and the only want to get them out is surgery.

Of course, my dogs had eaten it by this stage - but thankfully they were fine!

Advertisement