Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Operated - Electric chess set.

Options
  • 02-06-2008 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Just insert two quarters and it is game time.. This was created in a program called 3D Studio Max, my favorite program to CREATE with !!

wonderfull.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

What was>?

I'm I the only one not seeing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Majik_Imaje

?? the image is visible. .?? I do not know why you cannot see it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The tiles are showing through between the clock face and the outer frame. Might wanna fix that.

THAT scene was made many years ago.. !!

and it is a perfect example of what is wrong today... People completly overlook any positive aspect of the creation.. just to find flaw and point out the negative.. !

good show ol chap !! right on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, it's not my problem, if you can't take a bit of constructive criticism. I was trying to be helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Blisterman wrote: »
    Well, it's not my problem, if you can't take a bit of constructive criticism. I was trying to be helpful.

I know what you meant but it wouldn't have hurt to say something like "otherwise it's pretty cool" or something.

The way you have it seems pretty harsh. That's all. No offence or anything meant btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ah blisterman didn't mean any harm, let's chillax.

Anyway, positives... let's see.
    I like the reflection on the tiles, did you use a reflection map or did it just turn out that way?
    What about the glow around the chess set... is that something particle-based or a 2d post effect?
    It's a bit of a strange scene though :)

I used to enjoy playing around with 3d until I saw some of the stuff posted on http://forums.cgsociety.org ... aspiring to that standard set the bar way too high for me... some extremely talented people on there, definitely worth a look.

The reflection was accomplished using Ray tracing

the glow is accomlished using 'glow' in 3d max.

to tell the truth.. I never noticed the tiles exposed by the clock !

thanks for that link.. wow.. amazing 3D.. way over my head, skills and talent.. I have to spend time there and learn more about 3d..

it is my passion to learn how to do this.. I can box model cartoon type figures.. I have years to go to ever begin to learn how to create realistic looking human type models !! Thanks for the inspiration !! I will spend a lot of time there.. I just have to learn how to do this !!

Advertisement