Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #36 - Nile - Anhilation of the Wicked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ah, the album that got me into nile. I remember the first time i heard sacrifice unto sebek and been blown away. Some crushing album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The production on these guys albums is phenomonal. Very slick and the sound is so tight.

Some terrific arrangements on this album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

In their darkened shrines was always the nile album for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

This was the album that got me into Nile as well. I had heard some of their stuff (didnt know what ablum though) so I picked up this, which had just come out at the time.

Remember listening to it for the first time, when it kicked into the first riff of Cast down the Heretic I was like "Woah!" The heaviest stuff I had heard! Really crushing riffs and, as Passenger said, the production on it is brilliant. Have three of their albums and they're all great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

HOLY ****,Anhiliation of the Wicked,Album of the week. AOTW?????????

It deserves to be on the list for that alone.
    :D

A worthy entry.Have been into death metal for years but things had really stagnated with alot of "gore" metal bordering on parody knocking about.Then these guys came along.Love all their albums but for me AOTW is them at their very best.Lashed to the Slave Stick is on my playlist for walking to work every morning.Good motivation.

LOL,just realised that this won with only 2 votes.The guys that keep voting for temple of the dog must be sickened!!

Ha ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Passenger wrote: »
    The production on these guys albums is phenomonal. Very slick and the sound is so tight.
    Not all their albums ;)
    Go back two or three and you'll see how muffled death metal production can get - Black Seeds of Vengeance is particularly bad for it (while still being a brilliant album)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DeanML

Smashin Album.....Lashed to the slave stick what a song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Class album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

nosmo wrote: »
    Not all their albums ;)
    Go back two or three and you'll see how muffled death metal production can get - Black Seeds of Vengeance is particularly bad for it (while still being a brilliant album)

I know what you mean, even on In Their Darkened Shrines the guitars were a bit muffled for my liking. Great songs though

Advertisement