Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Market/Shop?

Options
  • 02-06-2008 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's a Chinese market or shop in Limerick? I'm specifically looking for Wasabi for Sushi, which can't be had at any of the usual shops (Tesco, Dunnes) even though Tesco in Coonagh sells everything but...

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

There's some form of Chinese foodstore on Henry Street, just up from the Red Church.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Another place called C&E (chinese and european I think). I think it was on Catherine street. The one on henry street is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

You'll definitely get Wasabi paste in the one on upper Henry Street - it's the biggest and I think it supplies many of the restaurants in town.

Now if only some place sold good sushi...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

There's some form of Chinese foodstore on Henry Street, just up from the Red Church.

It's the best one in town, for choice and value.
    MarkR wrote: »
    Another place called C&E (chinese and european I think). I think it was on Catherine street. The one on henry street is probably your best bet.

The owners are lovely but they rip you off:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Now if only some place sold good sushi...

G'wan and make your own. I do, and it's great fun and taste decent enough. Tesco in Coonagh sells everything you need except for the wasabi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Imasa Lifestyle on O'Connell St does Sushi!

By the way, isn't sushi Japanese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 samhain's son

there is a shop near the nct centre but it might not sell chinese food just things for chinese restaurants. then again you never know.

Advertisement