Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

one side of tire is bald??

Options
  • 02-06-2008 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey, I just nticed today that my rear wheel is gone completely bald on the outside and is fine on the inside. I dont kow a thing about cars but I guess this is something to do with wheel alignment?? Before I go in and get it fixed does anyone have any idea what is the cost of getting wheels aligned? just so i will have an idea if i'm getting ripped off or not. (p.s. i'm based in dublin so the dublin price!)
    Thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it might be related to your wheel alignment but it also could just be that the tire was over/under inflated for a long time.,
    see if its in the 28-30psi range.,

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Sounds like the tracking alright.
    Should be cheap enough, i would imangne it wouldnt be above 50 euro for the 4 wheels. They usualy do it for free when you get new tires so im not fully sure on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yea, sounds like either tracking or tyre pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

On some cars the rear tracking can't be adjusted. In that case it could also be a bent suspension component that needs replacing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 macmad

Thanks for the replies. I am pretty good at keeping an eye on the tire pressure and judging by how quick it wore away, I reckon it must be the tracking. Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement