Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbey St Station?

Options
  • 02-06-2008 1:20pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On this page
    http://www.luas.ie/ul/249.pdf
    it says that they are widening the platform at Abbey Street station and that the Luas Red Line will terminate at Abbey Street

So does this mean that you can't travel from Connolly to Abbey Street on the Luas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

On this page
    it says that they are widening the platform at Abbey Street station and that the Luas Red Line will terminate at Abbey Street

So does this mean that you can't travel from Connolly to Abbey Street on the Luas?

Yep, it's true. There's a sign at the Abbey St. station about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

On this page

To be honest, I'm not sure what the point of the Bus aras and the connolly luas stations were while having one in abbey street. You'd almost quicker (and probably at the worst times actually quicker) walking then taking the luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

To be honest, I'm not sure what the point of the Bus aras and the connolly luas stations were while having one in abbey street. You'd almost quicker (and probably at the worst times actually quicker) walking then taking the luas.

As someone who takes the Red Line in as far as Busaras every morning I'd have to say that's not strictly true. If you hop off at Abbey Street and take off at a brisk walk you might beat the LUAS one out of every five times and only if it's very unlucky with the lights.

Abbey Street to Connolly though - I'm pretty sure I can beat that one. I always think it's funny when I see people hopping on at Abbey Street only to be taken across the road to Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Abbey Street to Connolly though - I'm pretty sure I can beat that one. I always think it's funny when I see people hopping on at Abbey Street only to be taken across the road to Connolly.

I only do that when I'm dragging a wheeled suitcase or am carrying a heavy load in my backpack, I've got shoulder problems and my shoulders and arms start to ache if I drag for too long so I like to put as little stress on my shoulders as possible

Advertisement