Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need broadband advice please!!!!!

Options
  • 02-06-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

hi. my internet provider does not allow me to use p2p sites such as limewire, torrentreactor, utorrent etc. its the only provider available in my area. is there any way around this? something to do with "bandwith" i think. really miss downloading!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who's the only provider in your area....where are you.? There's usually more than one way to skin a cat...:D

have you tried any of the mobile operators such as 3 & 02, they do not restrict you from using p2p sites.....but there is a 10gb limit per month you need to be aware of when heavy downloading....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

in hugginstown... south kilkenny. provider is premier broadband. wireless. 30 quid a month. good service only for p2p download block. any way round this?

p.s. phoned premier to ask about p2p download block and they said it was their ploicy to restrict bandwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Get yourself Rapidshare m8, you'll never look back... anything you need from p2p or torrents you can get on RS :D

i'll check it out. is it software, p2p site or what? excuse my ignorance. cheers.

• Advertisement

listen sport sorry only gettin back to ya now.rapidshare. what can i say? pure class. thanks for the heads up. addicted.even went premium. bein gettin my links from rapidshare1.com. any better ways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

yes but u shudent discuss warez sites on this forum, its not allowed, there are other big forums for files, hint hint

if there blocking p2p chances are there monitering ur activity and will block rapidshare too, so dont get ahead of yourself buddy

Advertisement